Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29529 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bioemmy: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
0kn
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Honda accord. 227km/hr

The speedometer was tithering at the very end.. Despite all this, a benz still overtake me

13 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by merits(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Another experience was when talking a car to Lagos from Owerri.

The driver I paid to drive me was experienced. We arrived that same Benin, and this guy did 210 km/h, it was like the fuel was zapping and the exhaust sound was light.

Dem no born any other car make e pass us, but I was surprised to see a man in his Hyundai passed us.

I guess that one was doing about 240 km/h.

I had to tell him to reduce and not cross 120km/h and above.

Share your experience and advise to people who would want to do that one day.

I advise drivers to lower their speed. Speed kills.

The first one happened in 2016, while my second experience was in 2019.
220km/hr it's only God that protected me that day,cuz I don't even know what comes over me.But I can't try that shit again.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
250km/hr with a Toyota Prado in Akure - Ife - Ibadan expressway...

It was in a bid to overtake few cars trying to drag the road with us.
The person(an experienced driver) on the wheel is someone that get pissed off easily, so he did that to rubbish the other people's cars and humble them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
05 Mercedes C230k 205kph like 3 years ago.
08 Toyota Hilux 170kph
015 Ford Ranger 180kph
015 Toyota corolla 190kph.
My experiences.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nigeriadondie: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mine

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nigeriadondie: 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mine. I was traveling to Poland. It was on very good roads

8 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by madapcmod: 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2023
140KM/hr along Benin Asaba express. That was when I was single.

Now I do 80km/HR max

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Funflipper: 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
260km/hr
BMW X5 4.4i
Benin to lagos 2hrs 20 mins. On sport mode. That was back in 2012.

Now I do 85m/hr max.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by EgunMogaji2: 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
This is an immature post that encourages speed contest on public roads. Not sure why Seun and his mods allows this illegal act to be advertised on here.

PS: My post was addressed specifically to Seun and his mods.

By the way, all roads in Nigeria have a speed limit. Thinking otherwise shows the lack of drivers training for the individual.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by spencekat(m): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
120km/hr

Though,I am not a lover of high speed driving .

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Sultty(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
between 140/150km/h then but I've reduced the speed provided I'm to meet up with time I don't do above 100/120km/h now

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Meen! You see that word "zap"? I tell you it's miraculous. It would look like your fuel is leaking.

I notice this disappearance from 160kph whether it is Audi 80 or CRV.

But my Chrysler did not give me enough time to measure even though I pushed it past 170kph it started vibrating (one engine seating broken) so I had to drop back. Besides it takes 2 hills of almost continuous hard braking to stop safely from that speed.

Speed no good o. There is another thread here where people posted pics of their top speed. See as people dey do 200kph. Sha I still intend to register my name for dia

Where's the thread pls..

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Imgreatjay: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
I will sincerely say that there is nothing profiting in any speed above 120km/hr, it only puts your life in danger considering our roads and funny drivers...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by erai30(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
15km per hour on my legmagini 2022 model, may God supply me with a car this year so that I can be on 150km per hour in my Lambogini.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ScamHunter: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
You must be into bet naija. Only a chronic gambler gambles with his life. All my life, I only made a little above 150km/hr when I moved from Lagos to Abuja on my BMW. Not sure I'll do more than 120 ordinarily because that's the maximum I see my uncle do. My dad's max was 100. When we were children, whenever my dad moved beyond 100, my mum would just look at him and he'd slow down. I stick within 120 even though I was far more reckless when I was a teenage driver.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by michlins(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
200km

Location is Ijebu Epe road

Driver is lejuen

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by oyeb15: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
It's a foolish driver that speed and look at d guage.

That split second can land you in d land of d dead.

You can ask from that late Fast and Furious movie star.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by shantti(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nigeriadondie:
Mine

where do u guys see money to buy all these cars

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
The last time I did was when me and my wife traveled in a separate car, she left around 7am from her dad's place at ikd, I left around 9am from our house at jibowu area, las las I first am reach home,come see warning like say I be small pikin... long story short, she used her money to put speed limit for the car

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Keji1012(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.

Uncle LIE MUHAMMED

7 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by jamesversion: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
There is no better driver in this world than me. I could do 220, 180 or even 40. It depends on the condition of the road and the circumstances therein.

I've done 220km/hr.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Johnchrix(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Honda accord. 227km/hr

The speedometer was tithering at the very end.. Despite all this, a benz still overtake me

Please never try such ever in your life again with an Honda... Honda legs easily pull you know?

12 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Fairview1: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
You are wise!!!
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
madapcmod:
140KM/hr along Benin Asaba express. That was when I was single.

Now I do 80km/HR max

I tell you bro

When you are married, you will always look back, your wife and kids comes first

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nostring: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2023
Na hire killers full this thread...*walks out of thread before then put evil fr my mind in my next trip* lipsrsealed

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by jonaifame22(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Timagex:
I wouldn't call myself a very fast driver, but, I hold my own. In 2018/19, when I was still doing contract driving jobs, I drove a woman and her kids from Ibadan to osogbo. On the way, I saw a BMW 5 series in front of me, having faith in the v6 evil spirit, I increased my speed and overtook it. (I later found out a woman was behind the wheels). The thing sweet me. cool

Suddenly, it started looking like the BMW was gaining. She finally leveled up, but, before she sped off, she looked at me with one yeye smile like this and off she went! cheesy grin shocked. She went away so fast I doubted my speedometer. grin You know when you are on 110/115 and a car overtakes you like you are on 60kmh! angry I was so angry! I wanted to chase, but, I was reminded that, "na inside Honda we dey o and that's a 5 series BMW in the hands of a wicked woman". grin grin. I just took my L in peace.

I respected BMW more that day and I certainly feared women more! grin

In other news, contact me if exquisite wedding photography is a priority to you. WhatsApp is zero right zero 63793158.
pls what do you mean by contract driving

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Johnchrix(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Una were de speed visitk my last thread.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ayukdaboss(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
I hit 200km in my 2014 ES350
Enugu PH Expressway

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.