Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29526 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by tete7000(m): 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
I dont do more than 120km/hr,am I crazy? I love my life. Even at that speed, I know things can go bad. I was once travelling from asaba to Ibadan. As I was passing ọrẹ flyover, I pressed brake and it went flat, one of my brake's hydraulic pipes (the one connecting the rear passanger had leaked). Luckily at that point I had slowed down and was able to find a mechanic to fix it before proceeding. I was just thanking God that didn't happen on top speed, I would have found myself inside a bush maybe.

I have however been inside a bus doing about 180km%hr on my way from Abuja to Ibadan some years back. I was sitting beside the driver, my eyes glued to the speedometer and I was begging the guy to take it easy most part of the journey.

11 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nairalandar: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
ibkayee:
I never do more than 70mph (technically the legal limit over here but people still do more)

Be careful, you are not the only people on these roads
Never had a privileged to own a car .... I don't mind if u can gift me one

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by dabigwalls: 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
205KM/hr after Ogere towards Ibadan

V8 Sedan

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Judolisco(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.
wehdone sir with lies
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
180km/h... Lagos/Ibadan expressway... Honda accord (2001) coupe V6 engine...

When it got to 180km/h, the gear didn't change again and the car didn't exceed that.. So I decided to rest! Felt that was the highest it could go...

2016!

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jessyjeff: 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?
VW Phaeton isn't an ordinary car as you would imagine. It's VW's answer to top Mercedes S class or BMW's 760 series

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by chudez0147(m): 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
DamnNigga
Can anybody even do 180 in Nigeria road?
decatalyst:

With what car?

Please do not mention Toyota. Otherwise I will say you don't love your loved ones.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by cunny88(m): 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
180km/h lagos/ibadan expressway, 2006 Honda Odyssey
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by telim: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
190km/hr ilorin to ogbomosho with 1200 cc yamaha vmax

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nairalandar: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nigeriadondie:
Mine. I was traveling to Poland. It was on very good roads
This your moniker is kinda funny.... Never had the privilege to own a car... I don't mind if u can send me any used one from your area.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by lagonovo: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
This is exactly what many reckless drivers don’t think about. Death is the easy part. If they survive they will find out the other side of life when their own body that they take for granted becomes a prison.

Amalekki:
My advice before you perform all these high speed stunts:

- Pay a visit to the best three hospitals around you.
- Talk to the doctors and medical personnel on the current state of healthcare in the country.
- Find out how survivors are cared for in our system.

Happy 2023 and many more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by clinician2x: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.

What car is this pls. 21mpg highway is brilliant
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by okunwaye(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
3B67MSG bet9ja 200 NAIRA TO WIN 8500 but if e cut to quote me o
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Daneguakhi(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
gratiaeo:

Hmmm! Which section of Lagos Ibadan Express way? Because I know it's not possible from Berger to Ijabu ode though to traffic and bad road

its possible, i did 150 there like a number of times, like the past 2 yrs, there are some smooth parts after Passing Sagamu

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jessyjeff: 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
Judolisco:
wehdone sir with lies
VW Phaeton is a full muscle monster. If you know, you know

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by chudez0147(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
DamnNigga
Please what car is this, and how long have you been driving??
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by jonaifame22(m): 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
Timagex:

I means you work as corporate driver for private persons or organizations. You dress corporate and all. (Behind stuffs). Also, you don't work 24/7 like the normal drivers and you don't do all those menial jobs the normal drivers do. There is going to be an agreement on whether its city driving or inter state as the case may be.
ok thanks,I have Toyota sienna I use for logistics, pls if you get any connect for hire or charter pls do call on me,I stay at myhoung barracks yaba, thanks, 09093788046
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by stanisbaratheon: 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
By road 140km/hr, scary as hell.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Aliou007(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
grin grin grin... na family meeting go hold that day
acewines:
The last time I did was when me and my wife traveled in a separate car, she left around 7am from her dad's place at ikd, I left around 9am from our house at jibowu area, las las I first am reach home,come see warning like say I be small pikin... long story short, she used her money to put speed limit for the car

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Regex: 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
50m/hr

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Judolisco(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ino dey check speedometer but I was close to 120 or so on Abuja - lokoja highway yesterday...I hate make steering dey light for my hand... Where I dey run go? Toyota corolla 2011

7 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
youngbabaj:
230km /hr
Valves. 16
Toyota camry 2019

Benin asaba way 2022
Just me and my 7 years old daughter

Haba... You no get conscience ooo... How u go take drive your daughter that way...??

The highest I ever did was 180 and I dare not do that with any other person in the car let alone my child... Never...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Folaoni76: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
I like the way they have added many features on their forum ...make sense
richard87041: OBidients really mean business ooo

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RealTrump: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Over 600km/h.
Numerous times.
Air Peace airlines.

I don't think local flights very go that fast. If Na international I no go argue. So bros, dey adjust d lie
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by stanisbaratheon: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
Fremantle:

Lol bro I don learn something o, I went for a traditional wedding on Friday along airport road, fear no gree me pass 120km/h inside Sienna 09.

I've come to realize that na where your craze stop na there another person own start, you should see the way people run along this Abuja Airport Road, if you're not disciplined enough you may just be tempted to chase somebod and the wonders those taxi drivers do with their small Golf and Mazda sef na story for another day.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way.

As a Rivers man, the driving in Abuja scares me to death. I was asking one Uba guy where they're all rushing to. �

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by irumanle(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
Peugeot 206, 307 Engine 100km/hr by a first timer driver. Kaduna to Osogbo. I too get mind
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Reference(m): 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
160.... in those days when roads were roads.... but I still spun off after losing two tyres.... and not only walked away but drove away.
These days I don't exceed 140... but just on two roads.... Shehu Yaradua Boulevard to the airport.... or Shehu Yaradua Way at the close of work... most days.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
210 with Benz 230E...flat boot lasted for only 40seconds though

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by FunkyAlhaji2015: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:
250km/hr with a Toyota Prado in Akure - Ife - Ibadan expressway...

It was in a bid to overtake few cars trying to drag the road with us.
The person(an experienced driver) on the wheel is someone that get pissed off easily, so he did that to rubbish the other people's cars and humble them.

The maximum speed for a Toyota Prado is 200km/hr.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by clinician2x: 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
My highest is 140km/h. Owerri to onitsha and Owerri to ph, then ikot ekpene to uyo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by freezy4me: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lagos-Ibadan expressway, 240km/hr with infiniti G35. Car was hungry to go higher but I advised myself to maintain that limit.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RealTrump: 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?

An F1 is not that fast on a straight line. What makes dem d king is their cornering ability. 300km/hr is possible but not in that Volkswagen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.