Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nin - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nin (3309 Views)

Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nin by Omoobong1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
I just got the shock of my 2022, I don't know what prompted me to check my NIN status by dialing *785# and then I selected an option that displays contact linked to my NIN.
I couldn't believe my eyes �.

Three contacts are linked to my NIN but only one of the contacts is mine.

I've been calling the other contacts since yesterday but they have refused to respond to the calls.
So, someone else can actually link their contacts to my NIN without my knowledge and it'll work?

Re: Nin by rickpat(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
yes,once someone has your nin...he or she can link it to any line he likes...sad but true
Re: Nin by Omoobong1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
But it's not supposed to be possible.
rickpat:
yes,once someone has your nin...he or she can link it to any line he likes...sad but true
Re: Nin by Enddy50ty(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2023
Omoobong1:
I just got the shock of my 2022, I don't know what prompted me to check my NIN status by dialing *785# and then I selected an option that displays contact linked to my NIN.

I've been calling the other contacts since yesterday but they have refused to respond to the calls.
So, someone else can actually link their contacts to my NIN without my knowledge and it'll work?

It is usually done by those agents who enrolled you for the NIN. They deliberately link other unknown number to your NIN to conceal their real identities, they are usually sold to criminals and it's used to perpetuate crimes like internet fraud / scams and kidnapping etc.

The earlier you report this to your service provider the better for you so those contacts can be removed, deleted and delisted from your NIN.

This is 2023 may we never be a victim of other people's evil intentions.

Happy New Year.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nin by Omoobong1(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2023
Thank you, wishing you a prosperous 2023. I'm paying my service provider a visit first thing on Tuesday.[/quote]
Re: Nin by moshood44(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
Omoobong1:
Thank you, wishing you a prosperous 2023. I'm paying my service provider a visit first thing on Tuesday.
download nimc app. You can remove the phone numbers from there.

3 Likes

Re: Nin by Omoobong1(m): 5:37am On Jan 02, 2023
Wahala dey this country o, I downloaded the NIMC app but I couldn't register because my NIN was generated via BVN.
Re: Nin by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
Omoobong1:

I don't think so maybe they used ur NIN To register new line. Because if it's an existing number it won't work because the name on the registered sim and the name on the NIN will be different
Re: Nin by Omoobong1(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=TermuxDarkWeb post=119633385]

The lines are actually an old lines (0802&0803)
Re: Nin by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=Omoobong1 post=119636479][/quote]

This is serious
Re: Nin by Cancri: 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
I also,someone was using my sim
I downloaded the nimc app and i have reported the sim.
Hoping there will help me to block the line

1 Like

Re: Nin by dustmalik: 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2023
OP, walk into an MTN Walk-in center. Inform them that you would like to delink some of the numbers attached to your NIN. You may be asked to fill the NIN Delink form. Thereafter, your NIN will be delinked from the numbers of your choosing.

2 Likes

Re: Nin by Omoobong1(m): 5:48am On Jan 04, 2023
dustmalik:
OP, walk into an MTN Walk-in center. Inform them that you would like to delink some of the numbers attached to your NIN. You may be asked to fill the NIN Delink form. Thereafter, your NIN will be delinked from the numbers of your choosing.
I've done just that, thank you.
Re: Nin by Omoobong1(m): 5:52am On Jan 04, 2023
Cancri:
I also,someone was using my sim
I downloaded the nimc app and i have reported the sim.
Hoping there will help me to block the line
this 2023, pray that you don't have issues with your bank or your telecom company, it can be very frustrating.
Re: Nin by Crisella(f): 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
moshood44:
download nimc app. You can remove the phone numbers from there.

My app is showing invalid credentials after entering the OTP sent to my phone number
Re: Nin by Crisella(f): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
What do I do?
Re: Nin by moshood44(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Crisella:

My app is showing invalid credentials after entering the OTP sent to my phone number
close the app as try it again. Maybe you input wrong code
Re: Nin by pghmobiles: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
All you need to do is to go for capturing at any NIMC center, if you're around ojodu-berger you can reach out for more details zero seven zero eighty eigthy-two sixteen eighty
adebolaghdr:
the same with me
Re: Nin by barryatunde: 5:41am On Aug 17, 2023
angry
Re: Nin by manoyelapo: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2023
NIN issues everywhere
Re: Nin by adedejiola: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
angry sad
Re: Nin by Cyntiaolatu: 5:45am On Aug 28, 2023
NIN problems everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Nin by Susanolajide: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2023
I am having wrong DOB on my NIN needs help. am using it for my scholarship form
Re: Nin by manoyelapo: 2:39am On Sep 12, 2023
mbomaolajej:
NIN issues everywhere because of bad corrupt government
is very bad our government couldn't get it right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zain Internet Plans / How To Wirelessly Manage And Transfer Android Files On/to PC / Job You Can Do With Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.