Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number (23372 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by sinkhole: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecommunications operators in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN).

Failure to do so will lead to your line being blocked or disconnected by the 31st of December 2020.

Below are few steps to link your phone number with your NIN;

For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or

Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone or computer

Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.

Submit the form as soon as you’re done.

Wait for feedback from the network.

Airtel Users

To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:

1. Dial *121*1# on the Airtel line you wish to link.

2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.

3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.

Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
You can also visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin to have it done online.

Other networks (Glo and 9mobile)

For other lines, simply visit the nearest office of your service provider (be it Glo, 9mobile) to register/link your NIN.

Just go along with NIN and your SIM pack. If you do not have your SIM pack, you probably should be prepared to swear an affidavit.

To be on the safer side, you can call your service provider’s customer care.

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/how-to-link-your-phone-number-with-nin

3 Likes

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Goldeno(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thanks a lot OP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by SamTos2019(m): 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Cool

1 Like

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by sagieramos(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
MTN and Airtel, a foreign company even more proactive than Glo and 9mobile, our only indigenous network

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by AdeniyiA(m): 6:34am On Dec 18, 2020
Glo and 9mobile should buckle up as there's no time for such time wasting, unnecessary visit, failure to copy mtn & airtel will result in them loosing customers
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by cosmos2000(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2020
sinkhole:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecommunications operators in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN).

Failure to do so will lead to your line being blocked or disconnected by the 31st of December 2020.

Below are few steps to link your phone number with your NIN;

For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or

Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone or computer

Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.

Submit the form as soon as you’re done.

Wait for feedback from the network.

Airtel Users

To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:

1. Dial *121*1# on the Airtel line you wish to link.

2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.

3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.

Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
You can also visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin to have it done online.

Other networks (Glo and 9mobile)

For other lines, simply visit the nearest office of your service provider (be it Glo, 9mobile) to register/link your NIN.

Just go along with NIN and your SIM pack. If you do not have your SIM pack, you probably should be prepared to swear an affidavit.

To be on the safer side, you can call your service provider’s customer care.

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/how-to-link-your-phone-number-with-nin
We that don’t have NIN nko...No ID self...we are not up to eighteen

1 Like

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by sinkhole: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2020
cosmos2000:

We that don’t have NIN nko...No ID self...we are not up to eighteen
you can register with nimc as a minor!
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by sinkhole: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2020
AdeniyiA:
Glo and 9mobile should buckle up as there's no time for such time wasting, unnecessary visit, failure to copy mtn & airtel will result in them loosing customers
I am sure they too will soon follow MTN and Airtel.
It seems that, as at the time of compilation of the report, they are yet to reveal their own.
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by solalal36(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2020
Someone please enlighten me. Is the NIN unique to only one phone number? I use more than one phone number, can I link the other phone numbers too?
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Stevengold(m): 7:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Network providers set, I registered my glo , and used their app to register my number,I saw a totally different name.
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by AdeniyiA(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2020
Let's try these for other networks (glo&9mob)

Telecom operators given two weeks to block SIM cards without NIN.

Confirm your mobile number(s) Registration status to avoid being blocked by NCC.

MTN - dial *789*1#

Airtel - dial *746#

9mobile - dial 746 or 200

Glo - text REG to 746 or 3456

1 Like

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Akanimoh113(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2020
Stevengold:
Network providers set, I registered my glo , and used their app to register my number,I saw a totally different name.

Ah... I was thinking about going to their office.
Now I've change my mind
So... I can use their App to Register my number?
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by yetunsbay(m): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2020
solalal36:
Someone please enlighten me. Is the NIN unique to only one phone number? I use more than one phone number, can I link the other phone numbers too?
Yes, u can
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by solalal36(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2020
yetunsbay:
Yes, u can
Thank you
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by my3name(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2020
please were can I do my NIN
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 18, 2020
This is for Glo

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Wovlt: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Harry00(m): 11:30am On Dec 18, 2020
sinkhole:
you can register with nimc as a minor!
no nimc either
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by BestMan001: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
Federal Govt are picking up with international security practices
Is it NOT too late?
Anyway, congratulations to them for starting something new.
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by hstar: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
Thanks
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by officemyoffice(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2020
I John Kelly, I belongs to US, I work with officemyoffice.com as a technical, Are you looking for Microsoft Office install, download and re-activate can directly visit to the official web page office.com/setup enter product key code and choose region or country then install/update it completely. || office.com/setup
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
I don't have that NIN abi wetin dem dey call am sef. Honestly I don't care. I have voters card. Why can't I use voters card? So voters card is not secure enough to make calls but it is sufficient to choose a president.

3 Likes

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by edoairways: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
sagieramos:
MTN and Airtel, a foreign company even more proactive than Glo and 9mobile, our only indigenous network
Is 9mobile indigenous?
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by edoairways: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nuel4:
I don't have that NIN abi wetin dem dey call am sef. Honestly I don't care. I have voters card. Why can't I use voters card? So voters card is not secure enough to make calls but it is sufficient to choose a president.

Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by StubbornGENIUS: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
edoairways:
Is 9mobile indigenous?
NO! Your signature
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by edoairways: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
NO! Your signature
What you in my signature is true. I have limited time left
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by humilitypays(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2020
They should have a database where people can verify if the NIM they have actually belongs to them, by showing their data for them to confirm
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by Abs99: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
edoairways:

What you in my signature is true. I have limited time left
Is something wrong with you?
Re: Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number by starbuck(f): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
My sis linked her NIN with my main number she registered for me cry cry yesterday night.. This shows i am ditching the number to my alternate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happens When Your Smartphone Falls / COVID-19: Whatsapp Tightens Limits On Message Forwarding To Counter Fake News / Pictures From The Launch Of TECNO PHANTOM V Flip Smartphone In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.