Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) (321 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by LocalStandard1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
Growing up I did quite a lot of daring stuffs, this one opened my eyes to questions about the Church today. My Muslim brothers should also read through, it will interest them. Long read, Thank you.

I went to Kaduna State from Abuja to buy a bike cos it was cheaper there. On my way back to Abuja on the bike it picked a fault the first time and I fixed it and continued on my way. When I got to a town on the infamous Kaduna/Abuja road that junk of iron picked fault the second time and it was already night, and raining, and cold.

My people, I pushed this metal for about thirty minutes or less till I got to the nearest town, Katari. I asked myself "who sent you on this journey?". I had no money to fix the bike again and even if I do the repairers were already closed for the day. "Where will I find shelter for the night" I thought. "Oh!" I thought well as a Christian I will go to a Church.

I found two Churches close by and I went to the one that is still open. I met some youths just closing after their meeting and I Presented myself and asked them if they would offer me a place to stay for the night, maybe in the Church or something. They declined but told me to meet the person in charge which I did and was turned down.

You know what? Two of the most unlikely people came to my aid that night. First it was a Muslim Okada rider. That guy sympathized with me and told me there was a Mosque close by that I can go there the people would allow me stay for the night. I melted, I was ashamed, perplexed, broken. They don't know me, I am not a Muslim, but I know they were willing, in a Mosque. I turned him down and kept moving.

The second person was even more puzzling.
It was a drunk man. A teacher that hasn't been paid for months, you know. That man took me in and promised to fix my bike issues the next day. The next day he left early to source for the money and left me with his wife and younger brother. We took tea and bread, went to the farm, harvested some groundnuts, came back and cooked it, was fed throughout the day. And by the time the teacher was back it was night time.

The next day we went to the motorcycle mechanics and got it fixed which he paid. We drove around the neighbouring towns so he can buy used alcoholic bottles to resell for profit. I then continued my peregrination. Two days under an unpaid, struggling civil servant.

The house of God is a Sanctuary. Which is a place for shelter or protection, for all. Churches are today littered in every Streets and corners. Come on now!

"House of God, House of God"!! Before you call your Church a House of God ask yourself "is my Church a SANCTUARY?" Cos in the Old and New Testaments that is what a building reserved in the name of God was. Where strangers, homeless and helpless alike go to find shelter, protection and food.

But is yours it?!

Happy New Year people.

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by OGwales(m): 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2022
So you no know say church is filled with heartless and hypocritical minds I had similar experience, they were just making endless excuses but thank you God for the Aboki selling cigarettes and sweets who accommodated me that night. Since then, any fool that invites me for any church event I turn them down without thinking twice.

Religion is one thing, doing good is another.

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by Muhammad234: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
embarassed
Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by LocalStandard1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
OGwales:
So you no know say church is filled with heartless and hypocritical minds I had similar experience, they were just making endless excuses but thank you God for the Aboki selling cigarettes and sweets who accommodated me that night. Since then, any fool that invites me for any church event I turn them down without thinking twice.
Religion is one thing, doing good is another.

Jesus Christ said he will ask "I was sick, homeless, hungry, did you answer me?"

This post asks the mountain of the questions "is the spirit of God truly in those buildings?" "do they even really worship the Most High God?" Or something, someone else?

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by NoahHadNoArk: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
I have a story to tell…….
Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by LocalStandard1(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
NoahHadNoArk:
I have a story to tell…….
We are all ears....
Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by OGIBRA(m): 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by dhope: 7:09am On Jan 01, 2023
LocalStandard1:
Growing up I did quite a lot of daring stuffs, this one opened my eyes to questions about the Church today. My Muslim brothers should also read through, it will interest them. Long read, Thank you.

I went to Kaduna State from Abuja to buy a bike cos it was cheaper there. On my way back to Abuja on the bike it picked a fault the first time and I fixed it and continued on my way. When I got to a town on the infamous Kaduna/Abuja road that junk of iron picked fault the second time and it was already night, and raining, and cold.

My people, I pushed this metal for about thirty minutes or less till I got to the nearest town, Katari. I asked myself "who sent you on this journey?". I had no money to fix the bike again and even if I do the repairers were already closed for the day. "Where will I find shelter for the night" I thought. "Oh!" I thought well as a Christian I will go to a Church.

I found two Churches close by and I went to the one that is still open. I met some youths just closing after their meeting and I Presented myself and asked them if they would offer me a place to stay for the night, maybe in the Church or something. They declined but told me to meet the person in charge which I did and was turned down.

You know what? Two of the most unlikely people came to my aid that night. First it was a Muslim Okada rider. That guy sympathized with me and told me there was a Mosque close by that I can go there the people would allow me stay for the night. I melted, I was ashamed, perplexed, broken. They don't know me, I am not a Muslim, but I know they were willing, in a Mosque. I turned him down and kept moving.

It was a drunk man. A teacher that hasn't been paid for months, you know. That man took me in and promised to fix my bike issues the next day. The next day he left early to source for the money and left me with his wife and younger brother. We took tea and bread, went to the farm, harvested some groundnuts, came back and cooked it, was fed throughout the day. And by the time the teacher was back it was night time.

The next day we went to the motorcycle mechanics and got it fixed which he paid. We drove around the neighbouring towns so he can buy used alcoholic bottles to resell for profit. I then continued my peregrination. Two days under an unpaid, struggling civil servant.

The house of God is a Sanctuary. Which is a place for shelter or protection, for all. Churches are today littered in every Streets and corners. Come on now!

"House of God, House of God"!! Before you call your Church a House of God ask yourself "is my Church a SANCTUARY?" Cos in the Old and New Testaments that is what a building reserved in the name of God was. Where strangers, homeless and helpless alike go to find shelter, protection and food.

But is yours it?!

Happy New Year people.
This reminds me of experience I had in year 2004 when I joined one local football supporters club to play a local league match in lokoja stadium all the way from osogbo. When returning, our fuel got finished at kabba and to our surprise, no filling station had fuel in kabba town that night. We approached one nurtw official and he helped to open their offices in one popular motor park to us to sleep that night but my friend and I felt we shouldn't sleep with touts in garage, we approached a nearby church (name withheld) because we felt we're christian. The church leader firstly asked us if we belong to their denomination, we said no, he queried us as if we're in front of court judge. Afterall he choosed to have sympathy on us but requested we fill a form, affix our passport and drop copy of our national ID card. We didn't carry any of these along, we had no option than to join others in motor park and slept there till following morning without any harm.
My second experience about seeking shelter in church is even worse than this first one.

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Your Church A House Of God Answer This (muslims Too) by yrhuhfy113: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2023
LocalStandard1:

But is yours it?!

Happy New Year people.

If you use your experience to JUDGE all churches, then you are WRONG.

I want to ask you a simple question- HOW ARE THEY TO KNOW IF YOU ARE LEGIT OR A THREAT? because all of you talking on this thread have quickly forgotten the RCCG PASTOR that was killed by two teenagers he gave shelter to and helped IN THE NAME OF THE LORD. They killed him and took the church offering away........

Church USED TO OPEN ITS DOORS.... TO EVERYONE... till the people of the world taught them bitter lessons.

Someone was kidnapped in a church bus and she was rap*d serially all because she taught the men were members from another branch and she was wearing the vest and wristband..... not knowing they were robbers who just stole the bus and were driving away.... so tell me next time she will trust any church bus, she should also come here and say all churches with buses are shaddy just because of her experience.

BOTTOM LINE: Everyone has learned bitter lessons from someone before meeting you.... SO DO NOT GENERALIZE or BLAME ANYONE.

Even Jesus as a baby didnt get room anywhere, not with fellow brethren or priests or even local hotel.... Even the temple rejected him.... yet he didnt generalize.

THE SOLUTION is, the church folks you met, could have given you cash togo find a hotel to stay... it is veryyyyyyyy ILLOGICAL TO ALLOW YOU(a stranger with no form of security) STAY IN A CHURCH WHERE THERE ARE INSTRUMENTS AND EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENTS.

Happy New year

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Get Ready Lagos! Get Ready Nigeria! What God Has Determined Shall Be Done / It Is No Longer About Whether God/the Supernatural Exists. It Is About Which One / A Drone Was Spotted Surveying A Catholic Church In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.