Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Lula Sworn In As President. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lula Sworn In As President. (579 Views)

Israel Declares Brazil’s Lula Persona Non Grata For Comparing Gaza War To Holoca / Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections / Brazilian Ex-President, Lula, Surrenders To Police, Begins 12-year Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lula Sworn In As President. by juman(m): 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
Lula sworn in as president of divided Brazil amid tight security.

The veteran politician, taking office for an historic third term, faces the challenge of uniting the country polarised under far-right predecessor Jair Bolsonaro.

Brazil's new President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva gestures as he is sworn in at the National Congress, in Brasilia.

Lula was sworn in at the Brazil's Congress in Brasilia.

Leftist leader Luiz Inacio “Lula” da Silva has pledged to “rebuild” Brazil “with the people” as he was sworn in as the new president of the fiercely polarised country for a historic third term.

The inauguration ceremony in Congress began at 3pm (18:00 GMT) on Sunday under tightened security after alleged threats of violence by supporters of his far-right predecessor Jair Bolsonaro.

Lula was later due to go to the Planalto Palace to don the presidential sash before a crowd of 30,000 supporters. Some 300,000 more were expected to gather to celebrate on Brasilia’s esplanade.

Foreign dignitaries, including 17 heads of state, will be in attendance. Among them will be the king of Spain and the presidents of Germany, Portugal, and a raft of Latin American countries.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/1/1/lula-inauguration-president-brazil
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by God1000(m): 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
Congrats to him, the era of controversial Jair Bolsonaro is over.

1 Like

Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by juman(m): 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
Viva Lula.
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by juman(m): 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:
Congrats to him

Big congratulation to the brazilians.
A man with good heart as returned has their president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by God1000(m): 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
juman:

Big congratulation to the brazilians.
A man with good heart as returned has their president.
you are right, peace and harmony will return to Brazil just like USA under Biden

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by Penguin2: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
To God be the glory!

The people won in Zambia.

The people won in Kenya.

The people won in Brazil.

And the people will win in Nigeria, in Jesus name.

Throughout history, the elites have never defeated the people when they say “enough is enough”.

1 Like

Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by stepo707: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:
you are right, peace and harmony will return to Brazil just like USA under Biden
I see what you did there grin cheesy
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by God1000(m): 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
stepo707:

I see what you did there grin cheesy
Lol, Jair Bolsonaro is trump's version in Brazil
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by decatalyst(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
I hope peace can reign in Brazil now.

I hope he doesn't disappoint the citizens.

I dey wait February...
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by juman(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
Let the world see if those stupid american politicians let trump return back as president.
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by juman(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
decatalyst:
I hope peace can reign in Brazil now.

I hope he doesn't disappoint the citizens.

I dey wait February...

Certainly you dont know lula.
Go and read about his time as president.
Re: Lula Sworn In As President. by juman(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lula is back.
Return of common sense governance.

(1) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of The Pride Flag / The Video France Is Mocking Africa Made Democracy Look Like A Scam. / Chinese President Visits the United States Next Week After Six Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.