Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought (4515 Views)

We Just Bought 2 Cars That Passed A Vincheck! / A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai / Used Corolla 02 For Sale@780k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by bonnyhope: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
billionman:

Toyota Matrix, Yaris; Pontiac Vibe, Honda Civic, City; Kia Rio, Picanto; Hyundai accent, etc

I can confirm that of matrix, it has same fuel efficiency with corolla, I have used both
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by ednut1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
The overhype is driving up its price
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by AfahaAbia(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
I prefer the Matrix to the Corolla. It has good fuel economy and it's fun to drive than Corolla
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by DARLINGTON869(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
In my opinion (though I don't own one but have driven it), the Toyota Corolla is not an overhype. There's definitely a lot of reason why people go for it as compared to any other car in Nigeria. Nothing beats it in terms fuel efficiency, durability and ease of maintenance. It might be boring, but you can be certain to get to your place of work everyday in a Corolla without it dissappointing you for the whole 365 days of a year. I can't guarantee you that if you drive a Kia,Honda or Passat. Did I mention it has the best resale value more than any other average car on the Nigerian market. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying it's the best thing after domino pizza, but it's a thing of different strokes for different folks. If I were to be very wealthy, I will not drive a Corolla. I would definitely go for an e class or a bimmer.
But as a struggling or below middle class Nigerian, a Corolla is definitely a good option for you.

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Balistic4: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kewtt:
how do you cope? I tried driving it for a little errand and wow it was nonsensical.... no offense intended.... compared with my mercedes benz E500..... I could not wait to get into my Benz... it was a weird experience

Lol, you compare E500 (haven't heard about e500 before but it sounds like an e class with v8 or did you means s500?) With a badass sound system, great infotainment system, very strong acceleration, tastefully tuned suspension, and so much more. the joke's on you. You cant even compare any c class trim with a corolla. However, corolla still matches any benz in terms of reliability and even surpasses it
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Bizibi(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kewtt:
how do you cope? I tried driving it for a little errand and wow it was nonsensical.... no offense intended.... compared with my mercedes benz E500..... I could not wait to get into my Benz... it was a weird experience

now I understand why.....once an individual uses Benz it is hard to feel other brands. But one Toyota brand I love is the Land cruiser.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by silibaba: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Trustme2:
It's well. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let's live. Another man's food is another man's poison.
One

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Kewtt: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Bizibi:
now I understand why.....once an individual uses Benz it is hard to feel other brands. But one Toyota brand I love is the Land cruiser.

You get it
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Mayor555(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
Undisputed13:
A car since 2004 costing 2m plus

While Camry of 2006 cost 1.6m

Honda 2004 eod cost 1m

Honda 2008 1.5m

Honda 2010 2m

Bit you see anything corrola na die

2006 2.5m

2007 2.7m

2010 3m

2013 4.5m

Imagine

If you see any 2006 camry big daddy in good condition for the mentioned price, I'll buy and pay you 200k commission.

Same goes for 2004 EOD.

Please treat as urgent.

3 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by nymphomaniac(m): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
Herd mentality; That’s the corolla in Nigeria and what drives it’s cost for Toks and Naija used... The car isn’t a sweet one to drive. I admit fuel efficiency is good but it isn’t an engaging drive at all. I prefer the Camry, and If possible a V6 with more power.

Having said this, to each his own.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by 3seriez(m): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2023
Corolla is that babe that you know would never disappoint you and tolerate all your BS. Easy to maintain , parts not costly, can stick with you for years without giving you much tears. She might not be the prettiest in the neighborhood but guys go look her and say 'Ehnn she dey try, no worries'.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by dadabashua1(m): 2:51am On Jan 03, 2023
Alot of interesting comments on top our small coro...hehehehe,well it has its good and bad side like any other car,but one thing I will agree 100% is the price,damn its so so over priced no matter how you tried justifying it,its not only corolla that doest leave you stranded o,most comments here sound like folks that used only corolla in their life and has not used another brand in the past. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Undisputed13: 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2023
Mayor555:

If you see any 2006 camry big daddy in good condition for the mentioned price, I'll buy and pay you 200k commission.

Same goes for 2004 EOD.

Please treat as urgent.

Send me your number omo see deal
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by macklef(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2023
Cutehector:
no mind am. As if a car is an entertainment human being that makes someone laugh.
How can you be a guy and not know when a car is boring.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Cutehector(m): 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
macklef:

How can you be a guy and not know when a car is boring.
you are a princess abeg.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Mayor555(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
Undisputed13:

Send me your number omo see deal

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by nairamaniac: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2023
Mayor555:

Same goes for 2004 EOD.

Please treat as urgent.
I don't get interested in car sales. But the person you quoted is right.

I have seen a few Toyota Camry 2006 big for nothing costing 1.6M. Clean used once.

Eod 2004 has not been over 1M naira for the past 5years.

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Mayor555(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2023
nairamaniac:
I don't get interested in car sales. But the person you quoted is right.

I have seen a few Toyota Camry 2006 big for nothing costing 1.6M. Clean used once.

Eod 2004 has not been over 1M naira for the past 5years.

Bros, nothing is bad if you make small change on the side without stress....

The cars mentioned, get a good one for me at your mentioned price... I'll pay 200k non negotiable.

As many as you can get. 200k each

I'm very serious.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by nairamaniac: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mayor555:

The cars mentioned, get a good one for me at your mentioned price... I'll pay 200k non negotiable.

I'm very serious.

Okay no qualms.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by nairamaniac: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
Mayor555:

I'm very serious.
There. Is a super super fairly used 1.4M Eod (Honda ) in Benin, edo state.
With working A.C.
2004 model.
May be hard to still get at below that 1M now though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2007 Honda Accord; Discussion Continues For 2.25m: In Lagos Ikeja / Sold sold 2003 Range Rover Vogue - Another Clean Deal - Lerico 08029072593 / Clean Tokunbo 1996 Toyota Camry: Price: N800k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.