Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought (4466 Views)

We Just Bought 2 Cars That Passed A Vincheck! / A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai / Used Corolla 02 For Sale@780k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by DarlingtonC: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
I just don't get it, especially when I compare it with other vehicles i can get within that range or slightly higher.

Nah.....I don't see it.

What has corollans seen in corolla that I'm not seeing?

18 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by doggedfighter(f): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
They said it's the best thing since sliced bread grin

Fuel efficiency bla bla bla

Cheap parts

Reason it's a robbers' magnetic grin

14 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Undisputed13: 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
A car since 2004 costing 2m plus

While Camry of 2006 cost 1.6m

Honda 2004 eod cost 1m

Honda 2008 1.5m

Honda 2010 2m

Bit you see anything corrola na die

2006 2.5m

2007 2.7m

2010 3m

2013 4.5m

Imagine

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by eligwe2019: 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hmmm... My brother,me sef tire o.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by ObiomaTailor: 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
I don read the caption like 20 times cuz to me, the trend no normal at all at all

2005 motor? Over 2M

Buhari, Buhariiii, Buhariiii

See ur life
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by dawnomike(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2023
DarlingtonC:
I just don't get it, especially when I compare it with other vehicles i can get within that range or slightly higher.

Nah.....I don't see it.

Bolt and Uber drivers compounded to it... and Toyota is just Toyota when it comes to 2nd hand value

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Smithkline200: 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2023
Very boring car.

Bought the toks in 2017 for 2.2.
Used it less than 6 months and sold it.

I'd rather a Matrix than that Corolla.
Car is super boring.

9 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Offpointng: 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
Smithkline200:
Very boring car.

Car is super boring.

What's boring bout a car that takes you to and fro anywhere you wanna check in? except there are other things you wanna talk bout

23 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by HitRun(m): 2:27am On Jan 02, 2023
I have had that 2006 Corolla for about a year and half. Just the regular fuel and oil change. I bought it at about 197k miles on the odometer.

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by boldx(m): 3:48am On Jan 02, 2023
Following. I am interested in this thread
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Trustme2(m): 3:50am On Jan 02, 2023
It's well. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let's live. Another man's food is another man's poison.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Tokskob2008: 4:10am On Jan 02, 2023
Offpointng:

What's boring bout a car that takes you to and fro anywhere you wanna check in? except there are other things you wanna talk bout
He might be talking about the interiors, some of the corolla model are just too bland even the exteriors too at times.

8 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by talk2hb1(m): 4:48am On Jan 02, 2023
I guess it's overhyped

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Cutehector(m): 5:12am On Jan 02, 2023
Offpointng:

no mind am. As if a car is an entertainment human being that makes someone laugh.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by udede(m): 5:50am On Jan 02, 2023
The thing happening to corolla in Nigeria is simply crowd mentality. Its just like every other Toyota. For me i will even go for spider or Avalon

6 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by DaInferno(m): 7:06am On Jan 02, 2023
DarlingtonC:

Nah.....I don't see it.

it has more fuel economy and efficiency compared to cars of its level. Remember one time, whilst we were travelling to sell it, my older cousin was in a Range rover, the other was in a fors edge and I was in a 2010 Corolla. I put in only 2k fuel as of then, and they were putting in 5k and 6k respectively. We travelled and my fuel didn't really make a change as compared to the others. I think it's just the demand that made it that expensive. Other than that...don't see anything

3 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Zhirinovsky: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2023
Gear lever looks like phcn-gen changeover for face me I face you.

The interior can bore you to death on long distance travels.

They keep shouting "fuel economy"! Una no wan dey buy fuel for una motor

Smithkline200:
Very boring car.

Car is super boring.

14 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Balistic4: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2023
I currently drive 2005 toyota corolla sport and I must say I like the car. As for the price, it is simply the force of demand and supply that is keeping it very high.

I will rate it very high in terms of reliability (can't compare it with any other car cause I have driven only my car). I have traveled a very long distance with the car and it has never disappointed me. The only issue I ever had with the car is fuel pump, I service regularly because I have very heavy foot and I drive like a mad man grin.

OP I stand with you cause I can't spend 4.5m on Nigeria used 2013 corolla when same amount can get me 2010 lexus es350 (naija used too), however it will cost lesser to maintain the corolla than the lexus, even though the lexus has lots of exciting features. But the corolla interior is super rugged. You can park in the sun without worrying about melting dashboard or low quality leather.

Also due to rampant and empty nature of the corolla cheesy, virtually any Kazim out there can do emergency fix. It might sound so little until you find yourself stranded with a complex car.

14 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by DarlingtonC: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2023
Undisputed13:
A car since 2004 costing 2m plus

While Camry of 2006 cost 1.6m

Honda 2004 eod cost 1m

Honda 2008 1.5m

Honda 2010 2m

Bit you see anything corrola na die

2006 2.5m

2007 2.7m

2010 3m

2013 4.5m

Imagine
This is unbelievable.
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by DarlingtonC: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2023
doggedfighter:
They said it's the best thing since sliced bread grin

Fuel efficiency bla bla bla

Cheap parts

Reason it's a robbers' magnetic grin
There are other fuel efficient vehicles too

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Fbboyo: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Like?
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Smithkline200: 9:00am On Jan 02, 2023
Oga, i said its boring.

That you drive ut doesn't mean everyone will love it.

Its a super boring car!

Offpointng:

2 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by billionman: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2023
Fbboyo:

Like?

Toyota Matrix, Yaris; Pontiac Vibe, Honda Civic, City; Kia Rio, Picanto; Hyundai accent, etc
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by EEA1(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Foreign used 2010 Kia Forte Koup, 100% non accidental
₦3m!

First set: US pictures
Second set: Nigeria pictures

Call or WhatsApp 08061199333

2 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Kewtt: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2023
how do you cope? I tried driving it for a little errand and wow it was nonsensical.... no offense intended.... compared with my mercedes benz E500..... I could not wait to get into my Benz... it was a weird experience

Balistic4:
I currently drive 2005 toyota corolla sport and I must say I like the car. As for the price, it is simply the force of demand and supply that is keeping it very high.

I will rate it very high in terms of reliability (can't compare it with any other car cause I have driven only my car). I have traveled a very long distance with the car and it has never disappointed me. The only issue I ever had with the car is fuel pump, I service regularly because I have very heavy foot and I drive like a mad man grin.

OP I stand with you cause I can't spend 4.5m on Nigeria used 2013 corolla when same amount can get me 2010 lexus es350 (naija used too), however it will cost lesser to maintain the corolla than the lexus, even though the lexus has lots of exciting features. But the corolla interior is super rugged. You can park in the sun without worrying about melting dashboard or low quality leather.

Also due to rampant and empty nature of the corolla cheesy, virtually any Kazim out there can do emergency fix. It might sound so little until you find yourself stranded with a complex car.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Sageez(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2023
I am here to learn
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by Kingluqman(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2023
Balistic4:

Thank you!! My 09 corolla S Na kick and start for more than a year now. And I know how many times I have rushed down to help my friend using Honda at any damn T junction grin.

My own corolla interior isn't boring at all, you might even think you are in a Benz grin

1 Like

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by doggedfighter(f): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
DarlingtonC:

Of course but they won't still agree.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by pafo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
DaInferno:
it has more fuel economy and efficiency compared to cars of its level. Remember one time, whilst we were travelling to sell it, my older cousin was in a Range rover, the other was in a fors edge and I was in a 2010 Corolla. I put in only 2k fuel as of then, and they were putting in 5k and 6k respectively. We travelled and my fuel didn't really make a change as compared to the others. I think it's just the demand that made it that expensive. Other than that...don't see anything

When buying a range rover, fuel economy should be the least of your worries. It's a "luxury" vehicle but it will get you places a corolla can only dream of.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by okoolori(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
DarlingtonC:

Nah.....I don't see it.

God bless you brother.. I dont see anything in that car ooo... Yaris better pass am....
Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by okoolori(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
ObiomaTailor:
I don read the caption like 20 times cuz to me, the trend no normal at all at all

2005 motor? Over 2M

Buhari, Buhariiii, Buhariiii

See ur life
Bros abeg no call Buhari for this matter.... Abeg.. no be everything be politics... No spoil correct discussion... They have been hyping that yeyeh Corolla since Obasanjo and Jonathan time .. why didn't you say so .. abeg .. na when una put politics to everything naija divide ... Abeg... We talking about cars not just cars but the one you can't spend your money on like Corolla.. I will go for matrix 09 to 012 any day any time ... That car is perfect than eve the Camry of the same year sef

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Never Spend 2m On A Nigerian Used Corolla, Even If The Owner Just Bought by bonnyhope: 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
DarlingtonC:

Nah.....I don't see it.

It consumes less petrol

Fuel efficiency is important especially now that price of petrol is N250 and above, also subsidy on petrol will be removed completely by June 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

»»» Neat Acura TL 04 @ N1.68M Negotiable ««« / 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested / NEAT TOKUNBO LHD FORD TRANSIT LONG CHASSIS FOR URGENT SALE-- 560K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.