Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) (10655 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:20am On Aug 07, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 7TH AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* MESSAGE OF TRANSFIGURATION

*TEXT:* LUKE 9: 28-36

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

9:28. Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.
9:29. As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe [became] white [and] glistening.
9:30. And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah,
9:31. who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
9:32. But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.
9:33. Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, [that] Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah" -- not knowing what he said.
9:34. While he was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud.
9:35. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
9:36. When the voice had ceased, Jesus was found alone. But they kept quiet, and told no one in those days any of the things they had seen.

Jesus climbed a mountain to pray and there He was transformed into His heavenly glory. Jesus was transformed in the presence of three of His disciples, and they beheld His heavenly glory as He really was. The transfiguration was the glorification of the human body of Jesus which shone as brightly as the sun. At the time of transfiguration, Jesus earthly ministry was coming to a close and the appearance of Moses and Elijah with Him at the mount of transfiguration was highly significant. Moses was equated with the Old Testament law which God had given to His people; Elijah was equated with the Old Testament prophets.

The Transfiguration of Jesus revealed certain things to us that are very important. It provides further evidence that Jesus was the Son of God (Luke 9:35cf; Matt. 3:17). It was an endorsement by God that Jesus was His true Son. Moses received the law; Elijah was one of Israel's great prophets, but this scene portrays Jesus' ministry as fulfilling those traditions (Matt. 5:17). “This is my beloved son. Hear Him! When the voice had ceased, Jesus was found alone” (Luke 9:35, 36). The transfiguration scene of Jesus is a representation of His coming kingdom in its fullness. Jesus Himself talked about it in Matthew 16:28. God's voice from heaven, “Listen to Him”, and the disappearance of Moses and Elijah clearly showed that the law and prophets must give way to Jesus.

*PRAYER:*
O Lord, I want to see Your glory here on earth, and in heaven afterwards, in Jesus' Name. *Amen*

*QUOTE OF THE DAY:*
God says

_"I am good and My mercy is everlasting."_ *1 Chronicles 16:34*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:29am On Aug 08, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

Date: 2023-Aug-08

🎯TOPIC: JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH

✝️ TEXT: Romans3(NKJV)
3:1. What advantage then has the Jew, or what [is] the profit of circumcision?
3:2. Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.
3:3. For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?
3:4. Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."
3:5. But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? [Is] God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.)
3:6. Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world?
3:7. For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?
3:8. And [why] not [say,] "Let us do evil that good may come"? -- as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.
3:9. What then? Are we better [than they?] Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
3:10. As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
3:11. There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.
3:12. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one."
3:13. "Their throat [is] an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit"; "The poison of asps [is] under their lips";
3:14. "Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness."
3:15. "Their feet [are] swift to shed blood;
3:16. Destruction and misery [are] in their ways;
3:17. And the way of peace they have not known."
3:18. "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
3:19. Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
3:20. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.
3:21. But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
3:22. even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
3:23. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
3:24. being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
3:25. whom God set forth [as] a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
3:26. to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
3:27. Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
3:28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
3:29. Or [is He] the God of the Jews only? [Is He] not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,
3:30. since [there is] one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
3:31. Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Justification simply means to be made just, right or righteous which is not man’s natural state. All people in their natural state, are sinners. Their entire being is adversely affected by sin and inclines towards conforming to the world. Justification describes what happens when someone believes in Christ as his or her Saviour. God cancels the guilt and credits righteousness. The sinner is acquitted of all charges and provided with right status before God.
Justification is not by work of righteousness (self-righteousness), but by faith in Jesus Christ. It is utterly impossible for anybody to be justified by works or by obedience to the commandments. “Knowing that a man is not justified by works of law but by faith in Jesus Christ... for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified” (Col. 2:16). Three ways to get justified are: 1. By God’s grace (Titus 3:7), 2. By the blood of Jesus (Rom. 5:9), and 3. By faith (Rom. 3:28). The first and second ways come from God; the third is done by man. If we should begin from this moment to live in obedience to God’s law, we will still not be able to wipe away the sins of our past. Remember, “... by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

✝️🙏PRAYER: Thank You Father God for forgiving my sins and cancelling my debt. Give me grace to live the rest of my life for You. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:57am On Aug 09, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-09

🎯TOPIC: BE STRONG IN FAITH

✝️ TEXT: Romans 4(NKJV)
4:1. What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?
4:2. For if Abraham was justified by works, he has [something] to boast about, but not before God.
4:3. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
4:4. Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
4:5. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
4:6. just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
4:7. "Blessed [are those] whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
4:8. Blessed [is the] man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin."
4:9. [Does] this blessedness then [come] upon the circumcised [only,] or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.
4:10. How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.
4:11. And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which [he had while still] uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,
4:12. and the father of circumcision to those who not only [are] of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham [had while still] uncircumcised.
4:13. For the promise that he would be the heir of the world [was] not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
4:14. For if those who are of the law [are] heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
4:15. because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law [there is] no transgression.
4:16. Therefore [it is] of faith that [it might be] according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
4:17. (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations"wink in the presence of Him whom he believed -- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
4:18. who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."
4:19. And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb.
4:20. He did not waver orruptible man -- and birds and belief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
4:21. and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
4:22. And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness."
4:23. Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him,
4:24. but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
4:25. who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Faith has been described in Hebrews 11:1 as “the substance of things hoped for, and evidence of things not seen.” Abraham is described in today’s passage as a righteous man even when he was yet uncircumcised. This was not essentially a credit to his good work but for trusting the righteousness of God in the face of impossibility. He affirmed the supremacy of God over all things; He who has the power to create possesses the authority to do the impossible. He demonstrated resolute faith at his first ever awareness of the new God even when he knew not what such re-direction could bring.

The faith of Abraham determined his future. His encounter with the very new God demanded a decision: to choose a hopeless or blessed future. He never missed the opportunity: He chose a blessing. Jesus visits and calls every day for whoever cares to hearken. Jesus said, “blessed are those who have not seen me and yet believed” (John 20:29). “Blessed is the man that hears me…For whoso finds me finds life and shall obtain favour from the Lord… all that hate me love death.” (Prov. 8:34-36). Faith may sound foolish to unbelievers, never mind, it is your strength to harness miracles, blessing and above all eternal life through Jesus Christ. Be a person of unwavering faith.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, rekindle in me the power of unrelenting faith to access my rightful place in your kingdom. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:58am On Aug 10, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY 10TH AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH

*TEXT:* ROMANS 5

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

5:1. Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
5:2. through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
5:3. And not only [that,] but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
5:4. and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5:5. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
5:6. For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
5:7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
5:8. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
5:9. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
5:10. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
5:11. And not only [that,] but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
5:12. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned --
5:13. (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
5:14. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
5:15. But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
5:16. And the gift [is] not like [that which came] through the one who sinned. For the judgment [which came] from one [offense resulted] in condemnation, but the free gift [which came] from many offenses [resulted] in justification.
5:17. For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
5:18. Therefore, as through one man's offense [judgment] came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act [the free gift came] to all men, resulting in justification of life.
5:19. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
5:20. Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
5:21. so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

In today's passage, we are told about the justification that comes from the death of our Lord Jesus Christ. Before the arrival of grace, law had been ruling the world. Sin entered into the world through the first Adam which brought death. However, God's grace manifested when He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die for those without strength (v.6), and for the ungodly and sinners (vv. 7-cool, which brought and still brings life to everyone who is justified by faith.

The grace that Christ brings to us justifies our faith in Him. We are not again under the works of the law. We should not allow sin to reign over our mortal body,. Rather, we should live above reproach and show forth the grace of God in us to others who have not received Christ. This does not mean that we are not prone to error, “to err is human but to forgive is divine.” Nevertheless, we should be convinced enough that our justification is not by the works of the law but by the grace of God who works in us.

Lord, help me daily not to misuse Your grace and to live above the work of law. *Amen.*

God says

_"Through faith in Christ, you can boldly approach Me with confidence."_ *Ephesians 3:12*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-12

🎯TOPIC: BREAK THE SHACKLE OF SIN

✝️ TEXT: Romans 7(NKJV)
7:1. Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?
7:2. For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to [her] husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of [her] husband.
7:3. So then if, while [her] husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.
7:4. Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another -- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
7:5. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
7:6. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
7:7. What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
7:8. But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all [manner of evil] desire. For apart from the law sin [was] dead.
7:9. I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
7:10. And the commandment, which [was] to [bring] life, I found to [bring] death.
7:11. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed [me.]
7:12. Therefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
7:13. Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
7:14. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
7:15. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
7:16. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that [it is] good.
7:17. But now, [it is] no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
7:18. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but [how] to perform what is good I do not find.
7:19. For the good that I will [to do,] I do not do; but the evil I will not [to do,] that I practice.
7:20. Now if I do what I will not [to do,] it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
7:21. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
7:22. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
7:23. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
7:24. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
7:25. I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Shackles are strongholds or barriers in the form of, bars; iron, chain, clamps, etc., which deprive one's freedom, especially by means of restriction of handicaps (Merriam Webster Online Dictionary). No one can serve two masters. Apostle Paul uses the analogy of marital law to explain the persistent legality of sin over sinners. The law of sin and its consequences exercise dominion over man so long he commits sin (vv. 2&3). “For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that I do not; but what I hate, that I do… Now then, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me” (vv. 15&17). Freedom from sin comes by refusing to be bounded by its tentacles (refusing to commit it and holding to the Lordship of Christ).
It is no gainsaying that many Christians struggle with sin continuously. They confess today and tomorrow they commit it again. The fact is that the bond lingers on as the sins are being repeated. Forsaking sin by denouncing, renouncing and be fully engrafted to Jesus is the only means by which the law of sin is put to death and shackles are finally broken. Rise to the challenge those sins you commit and declare for Jesus the Shepherd and Bishop of our soul (I Pet. 2: 25).

✝️🙏PRAYER: Encourage me O Lord to rise against the forces of sin in my life, and put an end to struggling with sin. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SUNDAY 13TH AUGUST, 2023 _*{Trinity 10}*_ *THEME:* BE CARING AND COMPASSIONATE

*TEXT:* MATTHEW 25: 31-46

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

25:31. " When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
25:32. "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides [his] sheep from the goats.
25:33. "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
25:34. "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
25:35. 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
25:36. 'I [was] naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
25:37. "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed [You,] or thirsty and give [You] drink?
25:38. 'When did we see You a stranger and take [You] in, or naked and clothe [You?]
25:39. 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
25:40. "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.'
25:41. "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
25:42. 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
25:43. 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
25:44. "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
25:45. "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do [it] to one of the least of these, you did not do [it] to Me.'
25:46. "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

In today's text, two groups are presented: Sheep and Goats. Each is identified by their actions and inactions - What they do and do not do. The Sheep refer to those who express their faith by being kind, loving and compassionate to those who belong to Christ but are suffering. Goats refer to those who were insensitive, mean and wicked. Sheep are referred to as righteous and the Goats as wicked. The Sheep will inherit the kingdom prepared for them since the creation of the world which is eternal life while the Goats will inherit eternal fire. The Sheep will be blessed while the Goats will be condemned. An interesting part of this text is that each of the group did not know that their daily interactions with and reactions to people, especially those in need, were being recorded and noted for reward or punishment.

Everything you do today as Christian will surely count tomorrow. Opportunity abounds every day to touch somebody's life and put smiles on faces. People are suffering and hurting. God is counting on you to make a difference and be a vessel through whom the fragrance of Christ's love will spread on earth. Choose to be caring and compassionate.

O Lord, grant me unlimited grace to reach a helping hand out to those in need. _*Amen*_

God says

_"I will be your security and a safe place for your children."_ *Proverbs 14:26*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:21am On Aug 14, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-14

🎯TOPIC: UNFAITHFULNESS IS DANGEROUS

✝️ TEXT: Jeremiah5:1-19(NKJV)
5:1. "Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem; See now and know; And seek in her open places If you can find a man, If there is [anyone] who executes judgment, Who seeks the truth, And I will pardon her.
5:2. Though they say, '[As] the LORD lives,' Surely they swear falsely."
5:3. O LORD, [are] not Your eyes on the truth? You have stricken them, But they have not grieved; You have consumed them, But they have refused to receive correction. They have made their faces harder than rock; They have refused to return.
5:4. Therefore I said, "Surely these [are] poor. They are foolish; For they do not know the way of the LORD, The judgment of their God.
5:5. I will go to the great men and speak to them, For they have known the way of the LORD, The judgment of their God." But these have altogether broken the yoke [And] burst the bonds.
5:6. Therefore a lion from the forest shall slay them, A wolf of the deserts shall destroy them; A leopard will watch over their cities. Everyone who goes out from there shall be torn in pieces, Because their transgressions are many; Their backslidings have increased.
5:7. " How shall I pardon you for this? Your children have forsaken Me And sworn by [those that are] not gods. When I had fed them to the full, Then they committed adultery And assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses.
5:8. They were [like] well-fed lusty stallions; Every one neighed after his neighbor's wife.
5:9. Shall I not punish [them] for these [things?"] says the LORD. "And shall I not avenge Myself on such a nation as this?
5:10. " Go up on her walls and destroy, But do not make a complete end. Take away her branches, For they [are] not the LORD's.
5:11. For the house of Israel and the house of Judah Have dealt very treacherously with Me," says the LORD.
5:12. They have lied about the LORD, And said, "[It is] not He. Neither will evil come upon us, Nor shall we see sword or famine.
5:13. And the prophets become wind, For the word [is] not in them. Thus shall it be done to them."
5:14. Therefore thus says the LORD God of hosts: "Because you speak this word, Behold, I will make My words in your mouth fire, And this people wood, And it shall devour them.
5:15. Behold, I will bring a nation against you from afar, O house of Israel," says the LORD. "It [is] a mighty nation, It [is] an ancient nation, A nation whose language you do not know, Nor can you understand what they say.
5:16. Their quiver [is] like an open tomb; They [are] all mighty men.
5:17. And they shall eat up your harvest and your bread, [Which] your sons and daughters should eat. They shall eat up your flocks and your herds; They shall eat up your vines and your fig trees; They shall destroy your fortified cities, In which you trust, with the sword.
5:18. " Nevertheless in those days," says the LORD, "I will not make a complete end of you.
5:19. "And it will be when you say, 'Why does the LORD our God do all these [things] to us?' then you shall answer them, 'Just as you have forsaken Me and served foreign gods in your land, so you shall serve aliens in a land [that is] not yours.'

✝️🗒️STUDY: To be unfaithful is to fail to show fidelity, honesty and good faith. It is being disloyal and not trustworthy or upright. Judah’s level of corruption was so high that only very few could be found to love God’s truth and righteousness. They professed to belong to God God testified against them that they were unfaithful and not His people (vv. 11-12). God provided for their needs, yet they committed adultery and visited the house of prostitutes. They forsook the living God and served foreign gods. In all these, they deceived themselves that God would overlook their sinful acts and do nothing about their unfaithfulness. God made it clear that their sinful acts would be visited and judged accordingly. He promised to bring distant nations against them who would devour everything that was dear to them.
If you profess to be a Christian and are still living in adultery, lying, dishonesty and idolatry, today’s text has made it clear that God’s judgment is knocking fast on the door and there is need for you to repent and trace your way back to the Lord before it is too late!

✝️🙏PRAYER: O Lord, grant me the grace to walk in your will and ways and be faithful to you all the days of my life in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:25am On Aug 16, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-16

🎯TOPIC: REPENT TODAY

✝️ TEXT: Jeremiah 6:1-22(NKJV)
6:1. "O you children of Benjamin, Gather yourselves to flee from the midst of Jerusalem! Blow the trumpet in Tekoa, And set up a signal-fire in Beth Haccerem; For disaster appears out of the north, And great destruction.
6:2. I have likened the daughter of Zion To a lovely and delicate woman.
6:3. The shepherds with their flocks shall come to her. They shall pitch [their] tents against her all around. Each one shall pasture in his own place."
6:4. "Prepare war against her; Arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe to us, for the day goes away, For the shadows of the evening are lengthening.
6:5. Arise, and let us go by night, And let us destroy her palaces."
6:6. For thus has the LORD of hosts said: "Cut down trees, And build a mound against Jerusalem. This [is] the city to be punished. She [is] full of oppression in her midst.
6:7. As a fountain wells up with water, So she wells up with her wickedness. Violence and plundering are heard in her. Before Me continually [are] grief and wounds.
6:8. Be instructed, O Jerusalem, Lest My soul depart from you; Lest I make you desolate, A land not inhabited."
6:9. Thus says the LORD of hosts: "They shall thoroughly glean as a vine the remnant of Israel; As a grape-gatherer, put your hand back into the branches."
6:10. To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear [is] uncircumcised, And they cannot give heed. Behold, the word of the LORD is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.
6:11. Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD. I am weary of holding [it] in. "I will pour it out on the children outside, And on the assembly of young men together; For even the husband shall be taken with the wife, The aged with [him who is] full of days.
6:12. And their houses shall be turned over to others, Fields and wives together; For I will stretch out My hand Against the inhabitants of the land," says the LORD.
6:13. "Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them, Everyone [is] given to covetousness; And from the prophet even to the priest, Everyone deals falsely.
6:14. They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, Saying, 'Peace, peace!' When [there is] no peace.
6:15. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed; Nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; At the time I punish them, They shall be cast down," says the LORD.
6:16. Thus says the LORD: "Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way [is,] And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk [in it.']
6:17. Also, I set watchmen over you, [saying,] 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But they said, 'We will not listen.'
6:18. Therefore hear, you nations, And know, O congregation, what [is] among them.
6:19. Hear, O earth! Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people -- The fruit of their thoughts, Because they have not heeded My words, Nor My law, but rejected it.
6:20. For what purpose to Me Comes frankincense from Sheba, And sweet cane from a far country? Your burnt offerings [are] not acceptable, Nor your sacrifices sweet to Me."
6:21. Therefore thus says the LORD: "Behold, I will lay stumbling blocks before this people, And the fathers and the sons together shall fall on them. The neighbor and his friend shall perish."
6:22. Thus says the LORD: "Behold, a people comes from the north country, And a great nation will be raised from the farthest parts of the earth.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Prophet Jeremiah foretold the great destruction which would soon befall the city of Jerusalem and her stubborn and unrepentant people. Jeremiah warned both Judah and Jerusalem about the approaching judgment of God and pleaded with them to repent in order to escape the fast approaching destruction. However, they turned deaf ears to his messages. Unfortunately, the anger of God came heavily upon them in Jeremiah’s lifetime.
As it was in Jeremiah’s time, so it is today! Every message received from seasoned and true men of God is a call for action in the right direction. You must not take the Words of God for granted and believe all is well. Repentance is a must if you must escape the judgment of God. Delay is dangerous!

✝️🙏Thought: Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19).
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:06am On Aug 17, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-17

🎯TOPIC: WALKING IN HIS WILL

✝️ TEXT: Jeremiah 7:1-17(NKJV)
7:1. The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
7:2. "Stand in the gate of the LORD's house, and proclaim there this word, and say, 'Hear the word of the LORD, all [you of] Judah who enter in at these gates to worship the LORD!' "
7:3. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
7:4. "Do not trust in these lying words, saying, 'The temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD [are] these.'
7:5. "For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings, if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor,
7:6. "[if] you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your hurt,
7:7. "then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever.
7:8. " Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit.
7:9. "Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know,
7:10. "and [then] come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, 'We are delivered to do all these abominations'?
7:11. "Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen [it,"] says the LORD.
7:12. " But go now to My place which [was] in Shiloh, where I set My name at the first, and see what I did to it because of the wickedness of My people Israel.
7:13. "And now, because you have done all these works," says the LORD, "and I spoke to you, rising up early and speaking, but you did not hear, and I called you, but you did not answer,
7:14. "therefore I will do to the house which is called by My name, in which you trust, and to this place which I gave to you and your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
7:15. "And I will cast you out of My sight, as I have cast out all your brethren -- the whole posterity of Ephraim.
7:16. " Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them, nor make intercession to Me; for I will not hear you.
7:17. "Do you not see what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?

✝️🗒️STUDY: Prophet Jeremiah was given the message of God to His people would be delivered to them which reads: “Amend your ways and your deeds and I will cause you to dwell in this place"(v.3). The message had to be said in the gate of the Lord's house and to the men of Judah that entered in at those' gates to worship the Lord. The people were to repent and reform their lives and return to God as a duty. He would restore and confirm their peace, heal their wounds and have mercy on them (v.3). The Lord wanted them to amend their ways: (a) They must be honest and just in their dealings with God and one another.(b)They must be ready to worship the only true God and not serve other gods. (c) They must obey the word of God.(d)They should wholeheartedly as their fathers did which brought them into a covenant with God.
Our God is All-Powerful and Omniscient; there is nothing hidden from His face. It is important for us to respond positively to the dictates of our Maker. We should live our lives in accordance with His expectations and commandments. No individual or nation can hide their identity from the face of God; all our deeds are open in His presence. If we go by His will, He will relate with us within the context of the covenant He made with our fathers.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Father, help me to obey and live by your words and fulfil your covenant in my life, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:20am On Aug 18, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY 18TH AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* REPENTANT HEART

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 8: 4-22

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

8:4. " Moreover you shall say to them, 'Thus says the LORD: "Will they fall and not rise? Will one turn away and not return?
8:5. Why has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, They refuse to return.
8:6. I listened and heard, [But] they do not speak aright. No man repented of his wickedness, Saying, 'What have I done?' Everyone turned to his own course, As the horse rushes into the battle.
8:7. "Even the stork in the heavens Knows her appointed times; And the turtledove, the swift, and the swallow Observe the time of their coming. But My people do not know the judgment of the LORD.
8:8. " How can you say, 'We [are] wise, And the law of the LORD [is] with us'? Look, the false pen of the scribe certainly works falsehood.
8:9. The wise men are ashamed, They are dismayed and taken. Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD; So what wisdom do they have?
8:10. Therefore I will give their wives to others, [And] their fields to those who will inherit [them;] Because from the least even to the greatest Everyone is given to covetousness; From the prophet even to the priest Everyone deals falsely.
8:11. For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, Saying, 'Peace, peace!' When [there is] no peace.
8:12. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed, Nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; In the time of their punishment They shall be cast down," says the LORD.
8:13. " I will surely consume them," says the LORD. "No grapes [shall be] on the vine, Nor figs on the fig tree, And the leaf shall fade; And [the things] I have given them shall pass away from them." ' "
8:14. "Why do we sit still? Assemble yourselves, And let us enter the fortified cities, And let us be silent there. For the LORD our God has put us to silence And given us water of gall to drink, Because we have sinned against the LORD.
8:15. "[We] looked for peace, but no good [came;] And for a time of health, and there was trouble!
8:16. The snorting of His horses was heard from Dan. The whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of His strong ones; For they have come and devoured the land and all that is in it, The city and those who dwell in it."
8:17. "For behold, I will send serpents among you, Vipers which cannot be charmed, And they shall bite you," says the LORD.
8:18. I would comfort myself in sorrow; My heart [is] faint in me.
8:19. Listen! The voice, The cry of the daughter of my people From a far country: "[Is] not the LORD in Zion? [Is] not her King in her?" "Why have they provoked Me to anger With their carved images -- With foreign idols?"
8:20. "The harvest is past, The summer is ended, And we are not saved!"
8:21. For the hurt of the daughter of my people I am hurt. I am mourning; Astonishment has taken hold of me.
8:22. [Is there] no balm in Gilead, [Is there] no physician there? Why then is there no recovery For the health of the daughter of my people?

Today's text explains the intention to the people of Jerusalem who had refused to repent and turn from their evil ways. Jeremiah had the mandate to remind them of all their evils: (i) The rejected God's restoration (vv. 4-5);(ii) They ignored true repentance (v.6); (iii) They refused to attend to the dictates of providence or understand the voice of God (v.7). God threatened the destruction of sinners within the nation.

He had tolerated them for long, yet the people refused to repent. The Lord promised to consume them (v.13).
Our present society is going through a similar situation. People do not really care about God. Individuals are wallowing in sins that arouse God's anger. Having known that we are sinners, all we need to do is to observe ourselves in humility before His grace. The Physician is ready, but the patients are unwilling. The blood of Christ is the balm of Gilead; He is the true Physician. We need to trace our feet back to God Almighty so that our land will have peace and be healed of all her diseases.

O Lord, give us repentant hearts, so we can have Your peace in our land through, *_Amen._*

God says

_"I give power to the exhausted and I strengthen the weak."_ *Isaiah 40:29*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:24am On Aug 19, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-19

🎯TOPIC: GOD'S COMING PUNISHMENT PREDICTED

✝️ TEXT: Jeremiah9:1-17(NKJV)
9:1. Oh, that my head were waters, And my eyes a fountain of tears, That I might weep day and night For the slain of the daughter of my people!
9:2. Oh, that I had in the wilderness A lodging place for travelers; That I might leave my people, And go from them! For they [are] all adulterers, An assembly of treacherous men.
9:3. "And [like] their bow they have bent their tongues [for] lies. They are not valiant for the truth on the earth. For they proceed from evil to evil, And they do not know Me," says the LORD.
9:4. "Everyone take heed to his neighbor, And do not trust any brother; For every brother will utterly supplant, And every neighbor will walk with slanderers.
9:5. Everyone will deceive his neighbor, And will not speak the truth; They have taught their tongue to speak lies; They weary themselves to commit iniquity.
9:6. Your dwelling place [is] in the midst of deceit; Through deceit they refuse to know Me," says the LORD.
9:7. Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts: "Behold, I will refine them and try them; For how shall I deal with the daughter of My people?
9:8. Their tongue [is] an arrow shot out; It speaks deceit; [One] speaks peaceably to his neighbor with his mouth, But in his heart he lies in wait.
9:9. Shall I not punish them for these [things?"] says the LORD. "Shall I not avenge Myself on such a nation as this?"
9:10. I will take up a weeping and wailing for the mountains, And for the dwelling places of the wilderness a lamentation, Because they are burned up, So that no one can pass through; Nor can [men] hear the voice of the cattle. Both the birds of the heavens and the beasts have fled; They are gone.
9:11. "I will make Jerusalem a heap of ruins, a den of jackals. I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant."
9:12. Who [is] the wise man who may understand this? And [who is he] to whom the mouth of the LORD has spoken, that he may declare it? Why does the land perish [and] burn up like a wilderness, so that no one can pass through?
9:13. And the LORD said, "Because they have forsaken My law which I set before them, and have not obeyed My voice, nor walked according to it,
9:14. "but they have walked according to the dictates of their own hearts and after the Baals, which their fathers taught them,"
9:15. therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Behold, I will feed them, this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.
9:16. "I will scatter them also among the Gentiles, whom neither they nor their fathers have known. And I will send a sword after them until I have consumed them."
9:17. Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Consider and call for the mourning women, That they may come; And send for skillful wailing women, That they may come.

✝️🗒️STUDY: God asked Prophet Jeremiah to explain to the people of Judah and point out their sin for which destruction would come upon them. He lamented the bloodshed and loss of lives which were the order of the day in the land of Israel. They were idolaters in that they had married themselves to false gods in thought, word and deed. They were a generation of liars and murderers and lived in a culture of deceit. They also brought up such generations after them. It was proclaimed that the land would be totally devastated and filled great sorrow. Once they refused to repent of all their sinful acts, God's judgment over the land would surely come to pass.
Our nation today is filled with similar ungodly activities. The land is full of different forms of evil and God is ready to punish any nation who rejects his precepts and follows her own way. If we all can take our minds back to God, do according to His commandments and turn away from sinful acts, then whatever punishment He has planned for our land will be averted and peace will fill our land.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Father, give us Your grace to know, love, and give our all to you in all we do, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:46am On Aug 20, 2023
✝️📖 *BIBLE STUDY 34: ELEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY DISCUSSION VIDEO LINK AND STUDY GUIDE*

https://youtu.be/AnUTe679g0UOD’S

CHILDREN AS PILGRIMS TO THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM:
MANIFESTATION OF GOD’S REIGN ON EARTH

ELEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY

Date: Aug 20, 2023

Sub Theme: Manifesting Spiritual fruits 7

*Topic: Faith*

Text:

Heb 11:1-6

*Aims*

to analyse various manifestations of faith by Biblical heroes

to study how manifestation of our Christian faith can set the basis for soul - winning into Christ’s kingdom.

*Introduction*

Our text today gave the Biblical definition of Faith as the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen. It is a strong belief or trust in the existence and ability of a person or thing. It is one thing to say we are Christians; it is another thing to daily manifest our faith to unbelievers especially the world around us. From our Bible passage, we can see the manifestation of the belief of Heroes of Faith in the Almighty God. It is a manifestation of total reliance on the person, existence, ability and saving grace of the Almighty God. These should continuously serve as prototypes to us on our pilgrimage to the kingdom of God.

*Study Guide*

Define faith according to the study and from your perspective.

Narrate the manifestation of Faith in the following passages: Gen 39:9; Job 19:25-27; Heb 11:4.

How were the hearts of unbelievers won through the manifestation of Faith in the following passages? Dan 3:28-29; Dan 6:23, Dan 6:25-27; Acts 4:1-4.

We are living in a world of miracle, magic, signs and wonders. How best can we manifest our Faith for soul winning into Christ’s kingdom? Acts 2:42, Acts 2:46; ICor 2:1-2, ICor 2:4, 1Thess 1:5

*Conclusion*

Faith is the spiritual fruit that nourishes the spread of the gospel. It is what feeds the unbelievers and impact them to give their lives to Christ. Therefore, the manifestation of the Christian’s Faith should always point people to Christ and the power of His resurrection for the redemption of sinners.

*Food for Thought*

Point others to Christ and never to yourself as faithful Christians.

*Memory Verse*

Heb 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him”.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:47am On Aug 20, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-20
(Eleventh Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: THE UNITY OF BELIEVERS

✝️ TEXT: John 17:20-26(NKJV)
17:20. " I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
17:21. "that they all may be one, as You, Father, [are] in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
17:22. "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
17:23. "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
17:24. "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
17:25. "O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.
17:26. "And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare [it,] that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

✝️🗒️STUDY: The text today tells us about Christ's prayer for the Church: That all believers should become one, even as they live in this world. Jesus demanded that the church will be one in all things, just as the cord of oneness between the Father and the Son (John 10:38). He also requested that being one, the church will be made perfect in all things so that the world may see the salvation through Jesus Christ. In addition, Jesus desired that believers will have eternal place with Him in heaven where they would behold His glory as God (John 14:3).
As Christians, having given our lives and totality to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, these prayers should be our comfort and target, no matter what comes as challenge(s) to our Christian race. The unity of the Church is important, especially at this time of serious persecution. What is expected from the Church is to live in line with Christ's prayers till the end. There in heaven, we will all behold His glory, honour, power and majesty.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Father, we beseech you to give grace of unity to Your Church that we may remain forever in You till the end of age. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:38am On Aug 21, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 21ST AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* CHRIST STANDARD FOR THE CHURCH

*TEXT:* ROMANS 12

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

12:1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your reasonable service.
12:2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what [is] that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
12:3. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
12:4. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function,
12:5. so we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
12:6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, [let us use them:] if prophecy, [let us prophesy] in proportion to our faith;
12:7. or ministry, [let us use it] in [our] ministering; he who teaches, in teaching;
12:8. he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
12:9. [Let] love [be] without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
12:10. [Be] kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
12:11. not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12:12. rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
12:13. distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
12:14. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
12:15. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
12:16. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
12:17. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
12:18. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
12:19. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but [rather] give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance [is] Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
12:20. Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
12:21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Today, we look into the exhortation of Paul Apostle to the Roman Christians to be motivated in responding to all that God had done. They were to give themselves totally and wholly to the One who graciously gave His only begotten Son for the salvation of their souls (Matt. 22:37). Paul urged them to present their bodies as a living sacrifice to God. Our reasonable service/worship is to give the totality of our short life here on earth to Him in appreciating the grace of salvation through Jesus Christ to all. Paul also explained the importance of having godly transformation and renewal of heart. The thinking of believers should focus on those things that will last beyond this world. It is important that we recognise that our body is the temple of the Lord. Therefore, we should not occupy our minds with things that would divert our lives from the eternal purposes ofGod.

Truly, as redeemed children of God, all that God expects from us as individuals, families and Church is to sincerely offer our souls, spirits and bodies to Him. This is the time/hour to worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:23). We are to avoid all forms of worldly contamination which may keep us off the heavenly race. We must give God all that belong to Him in our lives.

O Lord, give me the grace to surrender my totality to Your service, _*Amen.*_

God says

_"If two of you agree in prayer, I will do whatever you ask."_ *Matthew 18:19*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:08am On Aug 22, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 22ND AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* BELIEVERS' OBLIGATIONS TO CONSTITUTED AUTHORITIES

*TEXT:* ROMANS 13

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

13:1. Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
13:2. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
13:3. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.
13:4. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to [execute] wrath on him who practices evil.
13:5. Therefore [you] must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake.
13:6. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually to this very thing.
13:7. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes [are due,] customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.
13:8. Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
13:9. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if [there is] any other commandment, are [all] summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
13:10. Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
13:11. And [do] this, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation [is] nearer than when we [first] believed.
13:12. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
13:13. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
13:14. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to [fulfill its] lusts.

Paul wrote this letter to the disciples in Rome that they should respect civil government. He knew that the persecution of the Roman State was closer, so he admonished the Christians, to submit to the civil government in all things lawful and honest. Paul in writing this was saying that it is important that Christians should submit to civil government because it is God who ordains every government, so that humans can be governed and prevent anarchy (1 Tim. 3:1; 1 Pet. 3:13-17). Paul made it clear that submission to the government should not be because it is capable of punishing the offender, but for conscience sake (v.5). God instituted civil authorities (v.1), and He is not to be blamed for the wicked actions of any government because humans are fallible; only God is infallible.

Beloved, civil government - whether by election, selection or appointment- is established by God. Therefore, Christians are not exempt from its laws inasmuch as those laws are not against God's commands. Disobedience to constituted authorities is disobedience to God and attracts punishment (v.2). Constituted authorities are not limited to the civil government; in the Christian church where the clergy and some committees act in that capacity. They also exist in any organisation where people lead in line with some specific laid down principles. Submission to leaders who govern with the fear of God is not foolishness but God's command.

Lord help me to submit to constituted authorities in all things lawful and honest, _*Amen*_

God says

_"I will make you fruitful in your old age."_ *Psalm 92:13-14*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:41am On Aug 23, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-23

🎯TOPIC: THE STRONG AND WEAK DISCIPLES

✝️ TEXT: Romans 14(NKJV)
14:1. Receive one who is weak in the faith, [but] not to disputes over doubtful things.
14:2. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats [only] vegetables.
14:3. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
14:4. Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
14:5. One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike.] Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
14:6. He who observes the day, observes [it] to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe [it.] He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
14:7. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
14:8. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
14:9. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
14:10. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
14:11. For it is written: ["As] I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God."
14:12. So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.
14:13. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in [our] brother's way.
14:14. I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that [there is] nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.
14:15. Yet if your brother is grieved because of [your] food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died.
14:16. Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil;
14:17. for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
14:18. For he who serves Christ in these things [is] acceptable to God and approved by men.
14:19. Therefore let us pursue the things [which make] for peace and the things by which one may edify another.
14:20. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed [are] pure, but [it is] evil for the man who eats with offense.
14:21. [It is] good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor [do anything] by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.
14:22. Do you have faith? Have [it] to yourself before God. Happy [is] he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
14:23. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because [he does] not [eat] from faith; for whatever [is] not from faith is sin.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Apostle Paul in today’s passage reveals how Christians are to relate with one another in matters of opinion, knowing very well that our levels in Christian faith differ. We can discover two types of Christians in this text. These Christians are the ‘’strong’’ and the ‘’weak’’ (vv. 1&2). The strong refers to those who have grown spiritually to understand areas of liberty wherein they can act. This set of Christian are those who have been in the faith for a very long period, while the weak refers to those who are new in the faith. These include those who had just spent a short time. It is in this context of matters of opinion that Paul encourages the strong to consider the weak so that their actions will not cause division in the church and make them fall. Also, he charged the weak not to judge the strong of being liberal in those areas where Christians have freedom.
As Christians, there is no restriction to our liberty but we should be very careful in the way we exercise liberty so that those who see us would not fall, through our actions. Remember “… not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way” (v.13). We should always be involved in peace-making and things which will edify another (v.19). It is important we know that we have so many admirers; some of whom are secret. Many people are trying to take after us and have made us their role models. Our actions can make them stand or fall. Therefore, let us watch what we say or do, especially in the public, so that we will not mislead others.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Father, make me a faith builder and not a faith destroyer, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:10am On Aug 24, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY 24TH AUGUST, 2023 _*{St. Bartholomew the Apostle}*_ *THEME:* SERVANTHOOD IN LEADERSHIP

*TEXT:* LUKE 22: 24-30

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

22:24. Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be considered the greatest.
22:25. And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those who exercise authority over them are called 'benefactors.'
22:26. "But not so [among] you; on the contrary, he who is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves.
22:27. "For who [is] greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? [Is] it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves.
22:28. "But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
22:29. "And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed [one] upon Me,
22:30. "that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

In John 13:3-17 Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and demonstrated servant-hood in leadership. The disciples included Bartholomew who we commemorate today. Jesus had said to them during the Passover that he would not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes (v.18). But the disciples had an earthly understanding of the kingdom such that the matter of who would be the leader became a serious argument among them (v.24) and it was the actions of the sons of Zebedee that caused the argument in Matthew 20:20-24 and Mark 10:35-41. They took the matter to Jesus to determine who would take over from Him in leadership, probably for the sake of recognition or public honour. But Jesus who is all-knowing never told them what they wanted to hear what they already knew... the kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those who exercise authority over them are called 'benefactor' (v.25). He said to them in verse 26 that they would not be like the rulers of the world who oppress those under them, meaning that leadership by authority seen in the world must not be brought into God's community. So, whoever wants to lead among them must first be a servant just like him (v.27).

Dearly beloved, to be ambitious with the right motive is good while being over-ambitious for self-glorification kills. Leadership as taught by Jesus should not be a do-or-die affair because leadership comes with responsibilities (vv. 26&27). If you aspire for a position or are appointed to act in a certain capacity must understand what is expected of you in that office so that you will not be like the disciples who were appointed by Jesus, but later lost focus and began to argue over supremacy. Always know that, the reason you are occupying that position is to represent God not self.

Lord help me not to run after power and position at the expense of my calling through Christ our Lord. _*Amen*_

God says

_"I bind up the brokenhearted and I will comfort all who mourn."_ *Isaiah 61:1-2*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:42am On Aug 25, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-25

🎯TOPIC: ACCEPT ONE ANOTHER IN CHRIST

✝️ TEXT: Romans 15:1-8(NKJV)
15:1. We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
15:2. Let each of us please [his] neighbor for [his] good, leading to edification.
15:3. For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me."
15:4. For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
15:5. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
15:6. that you may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15:7. Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
15:8. Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] to the fathers,

✝️🗒️STUDY: The word “scruples" used by the New King James Version refers to “weaknesses” or “failings.” Apostle Paul in today's lesson says that it is the responsibility of those who are mature in the Christian faith to be patient with those who are growing in the faith (v.1). Those who are growing in the faith are those referred to in chapter 14. Therefore, they will surely have so many opinions or questions bothering their mind as far as the faith. So, in the growth process, the stronger brethren are not seek their own way at the expense of the conscience of new converts. Strong brethren should do those things that will encourage and edify the new converts.
Beloved in Christ, it is important we know that even Jesus Christ our Lord did not please Himself(v.3). He says “For even son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many”(Mk.10:45). We are expected to accept one another, regardless of the deficiencies. We should not display the holier-than-thou attitude towards weak brethren. The Christian who refuses to receive fellow Christians when there is a difference of opinion is exalting himself above Jesus who received us even though we are sinners (5:cool.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Stop displaying holier-than-thou attitude, you are not better than the weaker brethren.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:11am On Aug 26, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-26

🎯TOPIC: SALVATION FOR ALL

✝️ TEXT: Romans 15:9-33(NKJV)
15:9. and that the Gentiles might glorify God for [His] mercy, as it is written: "For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name."
15:10. And again he says: "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!"
15:11. And again: "Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples!"
15:12. And again, Isaiah says: "There shall be a root of Jesse; And He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles, In Him the Gentiles shall hope."
15:13. Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
15:14. Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
15:15. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on [some] points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God,
15:16. that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
15:17. Therefore I have reason to glory in Christ Jesus in the things [which pertain] to God.
15:18. For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient --
15:19. in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
15:20. And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation,
15:21. but as it is written: "To whom He was not announced, they shall see; And those who have not heard shall understand."
15:22. For this reason I also have been much hindered from coming to you.
15:23. But now no longer having a place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come to you,
15:24. whenever I journey to Spain, I shall come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your [company] for a while.
15:25. But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints.
15:26. For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
15:27. It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
15:28. Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain.
15:29. But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
15:30. Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me,
15:31. that I may be delivered from those in Judea who do not believe, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints,
15:32. that I may come to you with joy by the will of God, and may be refreshed together with you.
15:33. Now the God of peace [be] with you all. Amen.

✝️🗒️STUDY: It is never in the plan of God that anyone should perish. From the beginning, God’s redemptive work in and for Israel had in view the redemption of the Gentiles (Gen.12:2-3). The fulfilment of the promises to the Jewish fathers would include the gospel going to the Gentiles (Psa.18:49).

So, the Gentiles now have reason to rejoice because God’s promises and covenant were not only for the Jews but also for them (v.12). Because the promises were made also to the Gentiles, the proclamation of the gospel could not but get to the Gentiles (Matt. 28:19; Mk.16:15). For the gospel to get to the Gentiles, Paul took upon himself the command of the great commission, going from one nation to the other that the gospel may be preached among the Gentile nation. And as many that heard the gospel were happy and gave their lives to Christ (Acts. 13:46-48), it is important we desire to be like Paul who converted the Gentiles. He left his comfort zone, not minding the cost. There are so many people around us who are yet to be saved.

Our duty is to minister Christ to them so that they can have cause to rejoice in the Lord. The great commission is the assignment committed into the hands of all Christians; do not sit in your comfort zone and neglect your primary assignment. Reach out today to the unreached and save a soul.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Help me Lord, to fulfil the mandate given to me, through Christ our Lord. Amen….
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:53am On Aug 27, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-27
(Twelfth Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: UNITY IN DIVERSITY

✝️ TEXT: Matthew 10:16-22(NKJV)
10:16. " Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
10:17. "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
10:18. "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
10:19. "But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
10:20. "for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
10:21. "Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father [his] child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
10:22. "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

✝️🗒️STUDY: A careful observation of Mathew Chapter 10 reveals that the chapter is divided into two. Verses 1-15 focus on Christ's instructions for the Twelve Apostles. Most of the words here are limited to the Twelve Apostles. The second part, which is today's passage (vv. 16-22), focuses on instructions for future disciples; The 'atmosphere' of this section is different from the previous one. Hence, Jesus gave these three revelations aheadsadi) Persecution is certain, therefore, wisdom and humility (vv. 16-17); (ii)Àt the point of persecution, utterances would be given to them through the Holy Spirit (vv. 18-20); (iii) They will find it heartbreaking that their persecution would come from their immediate family - the Jews who rejected the Gospel (vv. 21-22).
While believers in the world today are experiencing some persecution, the opposition still comes from within. “It is crack in the wall that makes a lizard to play in and out. ” It is the internal molestation in the body of Christ that gives room for external defeat. The Church must be united (John 17:21), not minding denominational or doctrinal differences. As faithful believers, we must also endure persecution for Christ's sake, knowing full well that as we share Christ's sufferings, we shall also rejoice and be glad when His glory is revealed (1 Pet.4:13)

✝️🙏PRAYER: Grant us O Lord, the grace to endure persecution, that we may overcome and rejoice at last through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:48am On Aug 28, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 28TH AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* THE COST OF DISRESPECTING GOD'S WORD

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 36: 14-32

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

36:14. Therefore all the princes sent Jehudi the son of Nethaniah, the son of Shelemiah, the son of Cushi, to Baruch, saying, "Take in your hand the scroll from which you have read in the hearing of the people, and come." So Baruch the son of Neriah took the scroll in his hand and came to them.
36:15. And they said to him, "Sit down now, and read it in our hearing." So Baruch read [it] in their hearing.
36:16. Now it happened, when they had heard all the words, that they looked in fear from one to another, and said to Baruch, "We will surely tell the king of all these words."
36:17. And they asked Baruch, saying, "Tell us now, how did you write all these words -- at his instruction?"
36:18. So Baruch answered them, "He proclaimed with his mouth all these words to me, and I wrote [them] with ink in the book."
36:19. Then the princes said to Baruch, "Go and hide, you and Jeremiah; and let no one know where you are."
36:20. And they went to the king, into the court; but they stored the scroll in the chamber of Elishama the scribe, and told all the words in the hearing of the king.
36:21. So the king sent Jehudi to bring the scroll, and he took it from Elishama the scribe's chamber. And Jehudi read it in the hearing of the king and in the hearing of all the princes who stood beside the king.
36:22. Now the king was sitting in the winter house in the ninth month, with [a fire] burning on the hearth before him.
36:23. And it happened, when Jehudi had read three or four columns, [that the king] cut it with the scribe's knife and cast [it] into the fire that [was] on the hearth, until all the scroll was consumed in the fire that [was] on the hearth.
36:24. Yet they were not afraid, nor did they tear their garments, the king nor any of his servants who heard all these words.
36:25. Nevertheless Elnathan, Delaiah, and Gemariah implored the king not to burn the scroll; but he would not listen to them.
36:26. And the king commanded Jerahmeel the king's son, Seraiah the son of Azriel, and Shelemiah the son of Abdeel, to seize Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet, but the LORD hid them.
36:27. Now after the king had burned the scroll with the words which Baruch had written at the instruction of Jeremiah, the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying:
36:28. "Take yet another scroll, and write on it all the former words that were in the first scroll which Jehoiakim the king of Judah has burned.
36:29. "And you shall say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, 'Thus says the LORD: "You have burned this scroll, saying, 'Why have you written in it that the king of Babylon will certainly come and destroy this land, and cause man and beast to cease from here?' "
36:30. 'Therefore thus says the LORD concerning Jehoiakim king of Judah: "He shall have no one to sit on the throne of David, and his dead body shall be cast out to the heat of the day and the frost of the night.
36:31. "I will punish him, his family, and his servants for their iniquity; and I will bring on them, on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and on the men of Judah all the doom that I have pronounced against them; but they did not heed." ' "
36:32. Then Jeremiah took another scroll and gave it to Baruch the scribe, the son of Neriah, who wrote on it at the instruction of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire. And besides, there were added to them many similar words.

The case of Jehoiakim, king of Judah in today's passage calls for our attention. He was concerned with the evil declarations prophesied by Jeremiah than genuine repentance of God's people. Instead of allowing God's Word to spread to all inhabitants of Judah and call for repentance, and by so doing, God would also repent of His pronounced judgment (vv. 5-7), he chose to burn the written Word of God. In addition to the prior judgment, God cursed Jehoiakim - _“He shall have no one to sit on the throne of David... I will punish him, his family and his servants for their iniquity..."_ (vv.30-31).

Today's message is apt and relevant to all and sundry, especially to people who are fond of disrespecting God's Word. We should learn from Jehoiakim who paid dearly for neglecting God's word. The Word of God is powerful and more active than a two-edged sword. God would not take lightly anyone who despises His word. No matter how little it is, such person will surely pay for it.

*THOUGHT:*
_The Word of God is Yea and Amen._

God says

_"I will keep you safe from the evil one."_ *1 John 5:18*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:54am On Aug 29, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 29TH AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY OUT

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 38: 1-14

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

38:1. Now Shephatiah the son of Mattan, Gedaliah the son of Pashhur, Jucal the son of Shelemiah, and Pashhur the son of Malchiah heard the words that Jeremiah had spoken to all the people, saying,
38:2. "Thus says the LORD: 'He who remains in this city shall die by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence; but he who goes over to the Chaldeans shall live; his life shall be as a prize to him, and he shall live.'
38:3. "Thus says the LORD: 'This city shall surely be given into the hand of the king of Babylon's army, which shall take it.' "
38:4. Therefore the princes said to the king, "Please, let this man be put to death, for thus he weakens the hands of the men of war who remain in this city, and the hands of all the people, by speaking such words to them. For this man does not seek the welfare of this people, but their harm."
38:5. Then Zedekiah the king said, "Look, he [is] in your hand. For the king can [do] nothing against you."
38:6. So they took Jeremiah and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the king's son, which [was] in the court of the prison, and they let Jeremiah down with ropes. And in the dungeon [there was] no water, but mire. So Jeremiah sank in the mire.
38:7. Now Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian, one of the eunuchs, who was in the king's house, heard that they had put Jeremiah in the dungeon. When the king was sitting at the Gate of Benjamin,
38:8. Ebed-Melech went out of the king's house and spoke to the king, saying:
38:9. "My lord the king, these men have done evil in all that they have done to Jeremiah the prophet, whom they have cast into the dungeon, and he is likely to die from hunger in the place where he is. For [there is] no more bread in the city."
38:10. Then the king commanded Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian, saying, "Take from here thirty men with you, and lift Jeremiah the prophet out of the dungeon before he dies."
38:11. So Ebed-Melech took the men with him and went into the house of the king under the treasury, and took from there old clothes and old rags, and let them down by ropes into the dungeon to Jeremiah.
38:12. Then Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian said to Jeremiah, "Please put these old clothes and rags under your armpits, under the ropes." And Jeremiah did so.
38:13. So they pulled Jeremiah up with ropes and lifted him out of the dungeon. And Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison.
38:14. Then Zedekiah the king sent and had Jeremiah the prophet brought to him at the third entrance of the house of the LORD. And the king said to Jeremiah, "I will ask you something. Hide nothing from me."

When a man of God stands firm for the truth, he might find himself being threatened by haters of God's Word. Such is the case of Jeremiah in today's passage. in the days of Zedekiah the king of Judah (another son of Josiah who reigned after Jehoiakim), Jeremiah declared God's mind that except the people of Judah surrendered themselves to the captivity of Babylon as declared by God, they would perish in their country. Because of this message, the people ganged up and requested for the king's permission to silence Jeremiah which they did by putting him into a dry pit. No one would have expected that a foreigner living among the Israelites would have compassion on the Prophet. The actions Ebed-Melech, an Ethiopian, proved that, he believed in the God of Israel. Throughout biblical history, the Ethiopians have been a people who supported the spread of the Gospel. Probably, this is the mercy they enjoy such that in history, Ethiopia is the only Africa country that was not colonised. God knows the best way to repay good deeds.

God will never abandon His own to die in place of the wicked;He knows how to deliver the righteous. Christians faced with persecution should learn from Jeremiah:
(i) In confinement, he did not keep silent over God's Word;
(ii) He was not discouraged when king Jehoiakim burnt the first message; he proclaimed another word;
(iii) Nobody can fight God. God will continue to fight for His own and His word will forever be relevant.
Should we face trial and persecution for the Gospel's sake, there will always be a way out; we just have to repose total confidence in God.

Father, at the hour of persecution, be my present help, and deliver me in Jesus' name. *Amen.*

God says

_"I will show mercy to those who are merciful to others."_ *Matthew 5:7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:09am On Aug 30, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug- 30

🎯TOPIC: WHO TO OBEY:GOD OR MEN?

✝️ TEXT: Jeremiah 38:15-28(NKJV)
38:15. Jeremiah said to Zedekiah, "If I declare [it] to you, will you not surely put me to death? And if I give you advice, you will not listen to me."
38:16. So Zedekiah the king swore secretly to Jeremiah, saying, "[As] the LORD lives, who made our very souls, I will not put you to death, nor will I give you into the hand of these men who seek your life."
38:17. Then Jeremiah said to Zedekiah, "Thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, the God of Israel: 'If you surely surrender to the king of Babylon's princes, then your soul shall live; this city shall not be burned with fire, and you and your house shall live.
38:18. 'But if you do not surrender to the king of Babylon's princes, then this city shall be given into the hand of the Chaldeans; they shall burn it with fire, and you shall not escape from their hand.' "
38:19. And Zedekiah the king said to Jeremiah, "I am afraid of the Jews who have defected to the Chaldeans, lest they deliver me into their hand, and they abuse me."
38:20. But Jeremiah said, "They shall not deliver [you.] Please, obey the voice of the LORD which I speak to you. So it shall be well with you, and your soul shall live.
38:21. "But if you refuse to surrender, this [is] the word that the LORD has shown me:
38:22. 'Now behold, all the women who are left in the king of Judah's house [shall be] surrendered to the king of Babylon's princes, and those [women] shall say: "Your close friends have set upon you And prevailed against you; Your feet have sunk in the mire, [And] they have turned away again."
38:23. 'So they shall surrender all your wives and children to the Chaldeans. You shall not escape from their hand, but shall be taken by the hand of the king of Babylon. And you shall cause this city to be burned with fire.' "
38:24. Then Zedekiah said to Jeremiah, "Let no one know of these words, and you shall not die.
38:25. "But if the princes hear that I have talked with you, and they come to you and say to you, 'Declare to us now what you have said to the king, and also what the king said to you; do not hide [it] from us, and we will not put you to death,'
38:26. "then you shall say to them, 'I presented my request before the king, that he would not make me return to Jonathan's house to die there.' "
38:27. Then all the princes came to Jeremiah and asked him. And he told them according to all these words that the king had commanded. So they stopped speaking with him, for the conversation had not been heard.
38:28. Now Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison until the day that Jerusalem was taken. And he was [there] when Jerusalem was taken.

✝️🗒️STUDY: After rescuing Jeremiah from a dry pit, King Zedekiah secretly enquired from him about God's mind concerning Judah. Jeremiah boldly repeated God's message before the king saying, “Release yourself to Babylon and live, do otherwise and perish” (vv. 17-18). The message was direct but sounded troubling to the king's hearing because he was afraid of the people of Judah. At this juncture, he needed encouragement. Jeremiah encouraged him to obey God rather than man so that it would be well with him(v.20). IfZedekiah said Yes to God's Word, his people would seek after his life for delivering them to their enemies. And if he did otherwise, God's word would surely be fulfilled as king Nebuchadnezzar would ruin Judah by force. Who would he obey, God or men?
This is the same condition many of us find ourselves in as leaders. Taking a position as Christians can be difficult, especially when you are surrounded with people that are not like-minded., they would want their opinion to overrule yours. It takes the grace ofGod and encouragement for you to succeed as a Christian. In the face of opposition, it is better to obey God and face immediate shame of men than to do otherwise and face God's wrath.

✝️🙏Thought: But to obey God is better than sacrifice… (1 Sam. 15:22)
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:58am On Aug 31, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug- 31

🎯TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF DISOBEDIENCE

✝️ TEXT: Jeremiah 39(NKJV)
39:1. In the ninth year of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the tenth month, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and all his army came against Jerusalem, and besieged it.
39:2. In the eleventh year of Zedekiah, in the fourth month, on the ninth [day] of the month, the city was penetrated.
39:3. Then all the princes of the king of Babylon came in and sat in the Middle Gate: Nergal-Sharezer, Samgar-Nebo, Sarsechim, Rabsaris, Nergal-Sarezer, Rabmag, with the rest of the princes of the king of Babylon.
39:4. So it was, when Zedekiah the king of Judah and all the men of war saw them, that they fled and went out of the city by night, by way of the king's garden, by the gate between the two walls. And he went out by way of the plain.
39:5. But the Chaldean army pursued them and overtook Zedekiah in the plains of Jericho. And when they had captured him, they brought him up to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, to Riblah in the land of Hamath, where he pronounced judgment on him.
39:6. Then the king of Babylon killed the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes in Riblah; the king of Babylon also killed all the nobles of Judah.
39:7. Moreover he put out Zedekiah's eyes, and bound him with bronze fetters to carry him off to Babylon.
39:8. And the Chaldeans burned the king's house and the houses of the people with fire, and broke down the walls of Jerusalem.
39:9. Then Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive to Babylon the remnant of the people who remained in the city and those who defected to him, with the rest of the people who remained.
39:10. But Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard left in the land of Judah the poor people, who had nothing, and gave them vineyards and fields at the same time.
39:11. Now Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon gave charge concerning Jeremiah to Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard, saying,
39:12. "Take him and look after him, and do him no harm; but do to him just as he says to you."
39:13. So Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard sent Nebushasban, Rabsaris, Nergal-Sharezer, Rabmag, and all the king of Babylon's chief officers;
39:14. then they sent [someone] to take Jeremiah from the court of the prison, and committed him to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, that he should take him home. So he dwelt among the people.
39:15. Meanwhile the word of the LORD had come to Jeremiah while he was shut up in the court of the prison, saying,
39:16. "Go and speak to Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Behold, I will bring My words upon this city for adversity and not for good, and they shall be [performed] in that day before you.
39:17. "But I will deliver you in that day," says the LORD, "and you shall not be given into the hand of the men of whom you [are] afraid.
39:18. "For I will surely deliver you, and you shall not fall by the sword; but your life shall be as a prize to you, because you have put your trust in Me," says the LORD.' "

✝️🗒️STUDY: Toward the later verses of chapter 38, one would assume that Zedekiah had concluded to obey God in secret (Jer. 38:24). Until the 9th and 11th years of his reign, Babylon besieged Judah, and later captured it. The punishment pronounced by king Nebuchadnezzar to Zedekiah revealed God’s wrath upon him because he disobeyed God’s Word. While Zedekiah tried to escape, he was captured in the plain of Jericho and brought to Nebuchadnezzar for punishment. his sons were killed at his presence, his two eyes were removed and the mighty men of Judah were taken to captivity (vv. 4-cool. What a shameful consequence of disobedience to God’s Word! Note that God made divine arrangement, even by his enemies, to save His own – Jeremiah the Prophet and Ebed-Melech, an Ethiopian (vv. 11-18).
Christians should be careful with God’s Word. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of God. The best way to escape His wrath is to obey Him totally. When God’s word comes to us in a hard way for repentance and restitution, we should not consider what men will say, rather disobey God’s Word. “For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it” (Luke 9:34; Matt. 16:25)

✝️🙏Prayer: Help me O Lord, never to fall into the error of disobedience to Your Word, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:52am On Sep 02, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SATURDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2023 *THEME:* THE PUNISHMENT OF THE WICKED

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 51: 54-64

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

51:54. The sound of a cry [comes] from Babylon, And great destruction from the land of the Chaldeans,
51:55. Because the LORD is plundering Babylon And silencing her loud voice, Though her waves roar like great waters, And the noise of their voice is uttered,
51:56. Because the plunderer comes against her, against Babylon, And her mighty men are taken. Every one of their bows is broken; For the LORD [is] the God of recompense, He will surely repay.
51:57. "And I will make drunk Her princes and wise men, Her governors, her deputies, and her mighty men. And they shall sleep a perpetual sleep And not awake," says the King, Whose name [is] the LORD of hosts.
51:58. Thus says the LORD of hosts: "The broad walls of Babylon shall be utterly broken, And her high gates shall be burned with fire; The people will labor in vain, And the nations, because of the fire; And they shall be weary."
51:59. The word which Jeremiah the prophet commanded Seraiah the son of Neriah, the son of Mahseiah, when he went with Zedekiah the king of Judah to Babylon in the fourth year of his reign. And Seraiah [was] the quartermaster.
51:60. So Jeremiah wrote in a book all the evil that would come upon Babylon, all these words that are written against Babylon.
51:61. And Jeremiah said to Seraiah, "When you arrive in Babylon and see it, and read all these words,
51:62. "then you shall say, 'O LORD, You have spoken against this place to cut it off, so that none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but it shall be desolate forever.'
51:63. "Now it shall be, when you have finished reading this book, [that] you shall tie a stone to it and throw it out into the Euphrates.
51:64. "Then you shall say, 'Thus Babylon shall sink and not rise from the catastrophe that I will bring upon her. And they shall be weary.' " Thus far [are] the words of Jeremiah.

Babylon was a great nation that appeared invincible. She was the instrument of God's vindication of his righteousness against wicked nations, but at the end she was filled with pride and was subject to the same fate. Her sin was that she had _“acted arrogantly against the LORD, against the Holy One of Israel”_ (50:29). True to the word of the Lord that came from Jeremiah, Babylon fell at the appointed time.

So many times we see the wicked have their way as if they are in charge of the earth. They even carry out all manner of atrocities against the church and the people. According to our text today, there remains a punishment for any institution that does not regard God but rather fills it self with iniquity. The consolation is that sooner or later, they shall _“sink, and shall not rise from the evil that I will bring upon her:and they shall be weary”_ (v.64). Have you been a victim of the wickedness of evil men and institutions who feel that they can get away with every action of theirs? Do not worry - keep on with your faith-walk with God. He will visit them at His time if they fail to repent.

Dear Lord May Your judgment rest on the institutions that boast in wickedness, that they may know that You are God. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"There is a special room in My house prepared just for you."_ *John 14:2*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:26am On Sep 03, 2023
✝️📖 *BIBLE STUDY 36: THIRTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY STUDY GUIDE*

GOD’S CHILDREN AS PILGRIMS TO THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM:

THIRTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY

Date: Sep 3, 2023

Sub Theme: Manifesting Spiritual fruits9

*Topic: Temperance*

Text:

I Sam 26:6-12

*Aims*

to contextualise temperance in Christian perspective

to analyse the value to our Christian race.

*Introduction*

Temperance or perseverance is the speed by which a person reacts to situation. In the context of our text, it denotes the control of a person over his natural attitude especially self-control over potential evil deeds. In our Bible passage today, David manifested temperance by avoiding killing of King Saul. This is a manifestation of his total control on evil act that would have led him to untimely kingship.

*Study Guide*

From the context of our Bible passage, how can you define Temperance? Read again ISam 26:6-12.

Analyse temperance in IISam 9:6-8; Compare IISam 16:5-7 and IISam 19:21-23.

What is the value of temperance to our Christian race? ICor 9:25? Compare Luke 23:33-34 with Matt 27:54

How best can we manifest the spiritual fruit of temperance in a corrupt and wicked generation?Matt 5:16; Rom 12:21; 1Thess 5:15.

*Conclusion*

There will always be an opportunity for us to access ungodly opportunities. Our ability to reject such opportunity through our attitudes and actions is a clear manifestation of the spiritual fruit of temperance. Unbelievers will see this and praise the name of God in our lives.

*Food for Thought*

Defeat the evil in you and win souls for Christ.

*Memory Verse*

Rom 12:21 “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good”.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Sep 03, 2023

Date: 2023-Sept- 3

🎯TOPIC: KEEP PRAYING

✝️ TEXT: Luke 11:1-13(NKJV)
11:1. Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, [that] one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples."
11:2. So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as [it is] in heaven.
11:3. Give us day by day our daily bread.
11:4. And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."
11:5. And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves;
11:6. 'for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him';
11:7. "and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'?
11:8. "I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
11:9. " So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
11:10. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
11:11. "If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if [he asks] for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?
11:12. "Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
11:13. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

✝️🗒️STUDY: It was holidays and my 11-year old second son decided to join me to work at one of our sites. At the end of the day's work and on our way home, we got to a traffic checkpoint and had to wait till it was our turn to be passed by the traffic controller. This gave the street beggars the opportunity to approach our car to beg for alms. I initially didn't look their way until my son said, “Daddy, please give them money.” I didn't object to his request. I later turned to him and asked him why did he requested that I should give money to the beggars. He replied, “If you didn't give them now, they will continue to follow us.” I laughed and quickly remembered the words of Jesus.
Jesus enjoined us not to give up in prayers no matter how long it took for the answers to come. He assured that any man who asks shall receive. Some of us may have tarried in prayer for a particular issue to the point where it seems as if God no longer answers prayer. The words of Jesus are an encouragement that our heavenly father desires to give us good gifts as we continue to “ask”, “seek”and “knock.”However, we must also remember that God's timing remains the best.

✝️🙏Prayer: Give me the grace to wait on you in prayers always, O Lord.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:25am On Sep 05, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER, 2023 *THEME:* TAKING THE GRACE FOR GRANTED

*TEXT:* 1 CORINTHIANS 10: 1-31

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

10:1. Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
10:2. all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
10:3. all ate the same spiritual food,
10:4. and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
10:5. But with most of them God was not well pleased, for [their bodies] were scattered in the wilderness.
10:6. Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
10:7. And do not become idolaters as [were] some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."
10:8. Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
10:9. nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
10:10. nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
10:11. Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.
10:12. Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
10:13. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God [is] faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear [it.]
10:14. Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
10:15. I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say.
10:16. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
10:17. For we, [though] many, are one bread [and] one body; for we all partake of that one bread.
10:18. Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?
10:19. What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything?
10:20. Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons.
10:21. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons.
10:22. Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?
10:23. All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
10:24. Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's [well-being.]
10:25. Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience' sake;
10:26. for "the earth [is] the LORD's, and all its fullness."
10:27. If any of those who do not believe invites you [to dinner,] and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscience' sake.
10:28. But if anyone says to you, "This was offered to idols," do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscience' sake; for "the earth [is] the LORD's, and all its fullness."
10:29. "Conscience," I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another [man's] conscience?
10:30. But if I partake with thanks, why am I evil spoken of for [the food] over which I give thanks?
10:31. Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

St. Paul recounted the wonderful spiritual experiences of the children of Israel under Moses as they moved in their God-initiated exodus from Egypt. They experienced the power of God to a great extent with enviable spiritual exercises. Even at that, God was not pleased with the attitude of most of them - they still engaged in immorality and idolatry. They scorned the power of God through their incessant murmurings and unnecessary complaints. Because of this, a great number of them were killed in the wilderness through the wrath of God.

All believers must note that as much as God is God of love, He is also God of justice. He expects us to live our lives in holiness, not taking for granted the grace that is in Christ Jesus. He is of purer eyes than to behold iniquity and so does not tolerate men when they wilfully dwell in disobedience against His commandments. Many believers today are taking undue advantage of the willingness of Christ to forgive each time we sin, and so dwell in iniquity with the hope of asking for forgiveness after committing sin. We should rather live our lives to His Glory, while we wait for His appearing someday.

God give me the grace to walk in righteousness all the days of my life. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I give life and breath to all things."_ *Acts 17:24-25*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:52am On Sep 06, 2023

Date: 2023-Sept- 6

🎯TOPIC: KEEP THE CHRISTIAN TRADITION

✝️ TEXT: TEXT: 1Corinthians 11:1-17(NKJV)
11:1. Imitate me, just as I also [imitate] Christ.
11:2. Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered [them] to you.
11:3. But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman [is] man, and the head of Christ [is] God.
11:4. Every man praying or prophesying, having [his] head covered, dishonors his head.
11:5. But every woman who prays or prophesies with [her] head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.
11:6. For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.
11:7. For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.
11:8. For man is not from woman, but woman from man.
11:9. Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man.
11:10. For this reason the woman ought to have [a symbol of] authority on [her] head, because of the angels.
11:11. Nevertheless, neither [is] man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord.
11:12. For as woman [came] from man, even so man also [comes] through woman; but all things are from God.
11:13. Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?
11:14. Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?
11:15. But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for [her] hair is given to her for a covering.
11:16. But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor [do] the churches of God.
11:17. Now in giving these instructions I do not praise [you,] since you come together not for the better but for the worse.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Apostle Paul in our text called the attention of the Church in Corinth to the tradition in those days for women to cover their heads, and men to keep their heads uncovered. Ordinances, teachings or instructions are not necessarily direct teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ but reasonable instructions from inspired mind that could guide public worship to make it acceptable to God. In this case, the Apostle established that Husbands are the head and as such when women in worship covers their head they honour this authority of God over them. The issue is that men and women should present themselves in a way that honours God when they are worshiping God and must never be a distraction to the congregation.
In our generation, many believers handled age-long Christian traditions with levity, trying to explain it away to satisfy their pleasures. Genuine believers must never allow civilised and enlightened mind to darken the inspiration of the word of God. Christian traditions are to guide and guard our faith so as not lose focus of Christ. Christ must always be honoured. Churches that degrade this honour in the pretense of new understanding will be gradually be on the pathway of destruction.

✝️🙏Food for thought: Christ honor must always be the focus of our comportment at all times
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:48am On Sep 07, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER, 2023 *THEME:* THE EVIL CALLED DIVISION

*TEXT:* 1 CORINTHIANS 11: 18-34

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

11:18. For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
11:19. For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
11:20. Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord's Supper.
11:21. For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of [others;] and one is hungry and another is drunk.
11:22. What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise [you.]
11:23. For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the [same] night in which He was betrayed took bread;
11:24. and when He had given thanks, He broke [it] and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
11:25. In the same manner [He] also [took] the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink [it,] in remembrance of Me."
11:26. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.
11:27. Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks [this] cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
11:28. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
11:29. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
11:30. For this reason many [are] weak and sick among you, and many sleep.
11:31. For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
11:32. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
11:33. Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another.
11:34. But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.

One of the reasons St. Paul wrote to the Corinthians was because he received a report that a lot of things had gone wrong in the church of which division was one of them. In our text today, he went ahead to point out other misdemeanour which must have been rooted in the fact that the people had gone their separate ways. Earlier in the letter, he noted that some saw themselves as being of Paul while some others belonged to Apollos (3:4). Due to this evil called division, heresies were found in their midst without control, and the Lord's Supper was also abused. This gave rise to sicknesses and even death of some members of the Church.

Christ exhorted His disciples to be united for this is their strength in winning the world over to God. This same exhortation is for people of God today to resist the attempts of the enemy and his agents to divide us and work against the plan of God in His Church. Some individuals have released themselves to Satan as agents of division in the church, such people should repent today so that as to avoid the wrath of God

Dear Lord, make us one in Christ. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"My thoughts toward you outnumber the sand on the seashore."_ *Psalm 139:17-18*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:44am On Sep 10, 2023
✝️📖 *BIBLE STUDY 37: FOURTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY STUDY GUIDE*

GOD’S CHILDREN AS PILGRIMS TO THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM:

*FOURTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY*

Date: Sep 10, 2023

*Sub Theme:* Challenges to Manifestation as Pilgrims to heavenly Kingdom 1

*Topic: Filthiness*

Text:

Jud 1:8-13

*Aims*

To show how filthiness can hinder the manifestation of the heavenly pilgrim.

*Introduction*

Filthiness is a condition of being extremely dirty. Biblically, it means engaging in acts that defile God’s temple which is our bodies. One thing is to give our lives to Christ (become born-again), another to consciously separate ourselves from things that God abhors. The passage today differentiates between the filthy believers and the Arch -Angel Michael in speech and action. Christians must be very careful never to turn themselves to dirty spots in Christendom.

*Study Guide*

Define filthiness according to the bible passage today and from Ps 14:3; Jer 2:22

Differentiate between the attitudes of the filthy believers and that of Arch-Angel Michael according to Jud 1:8-10

From the following passages, identify filthy acts. Rom 1:23-27; Gal. 5:18-21

As Christians, how can we be cleansed from filthiness? IICor 7:1; Col. 3:5-9

*Conclusion*

Unholy living is the bane of today’s Church. Our being part of this study today is an indication of God’s call onus to embrace holiness as pre-requisite for the manifestation of citizens of heaven.

*Food for Thought*

Beware of dirty spots in your royal garment.

*Memory Verse*

2 Cor. 7:1 “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God”.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:45am On Sep 10, 2023

Date: 2023-Sept- 10

🎯TOPIC: MISSING LINK

✝️ TEXT:Luke 10:25-37(NKJV)
10:25. And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
10:26. He said to him, "What is written in the law? What is your reading [of it?"]
10:27. So he answered and said, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.' "
10:28. And He said to him, "You have answered rightly; do this and you will live."
10:29. But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"
10:30. Then Jesus answered and said: "A certain [man] went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded [him,] and departed, leaving [him] half dead.
10:31. "Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
10:32. "Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side.
10:33. "But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion.
10:34. "So he went to [him] and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
10:35. "On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave [them] to the innkeeper, and said to him, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.'
10:36. "So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?"
10:37. And he said, "He who showed mercy on him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."

✝️🗒️STUDY: I know of a brilliant young man who gained admission into the university to study medicine and surgery. His father was a bicycle repairer and could not afford to take care of him in school. This boy suffered so much in his first weeks in the school and at the end of the semester; he could not travel home because of transport money. He sat dejectedly under the tree in the school compound as others were leaving for their homes and suddenly one of his classmates saw him in that dejection and offered him the opportunity to follow him to his own house. The young man immediately jumped at the offer. The father of his classmate during those holidays understood the economic hardship this young man was going through and took up the responsibility of training him until graduation as doctor. This is the missing link in our world today!
Everyone, including the hallowed Priest and the consecrated Levite, had the reason not to be of help but a 'common' Samaritan provided the link of love needed at that time. Who is your neighbour? How are you treating him? Remember the question: “Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life"?

✝️🙏PRAYER: God, help me to provide that missing link of love for others in this generation. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin / The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 390
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.