Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,031 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival (19044 Views)

Two Men Burnt To Death In Onitsha For Illegally Collecting Tax / Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire / Prostitute Stripped Unclad In Onitsha For Stealing From A Customer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by BigBashiru: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
Fakbrown:
Same thing happened last year in my compound fire gutted one of the building in the area, fire service office is close to my house, it would take just about 3 to four minutes to reach the place, I was very fast to run to there office to make a report, they where busy playing draught when I explained to them fire had razed a building in my hood, this people where so slow, they told me there was no driver on duty that all there drivers where sick, mhen, after more more than forty minutes they arrived.

Only to find out the vehicle they came with there was no water, the fire destroyed the building and all the properties

They where lucky they left without lynching our anger on them

What else do you expect from the black man?? The Blackman has no sense of duty and is generally lazy though there are exceptions to this....
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by warlordd(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
The same thing happened when Ochanja market was gutted by fire in 2019. The criminals stopped fire service from Delta state from putting out the fire because they normally use the opportunity to loot people's good. They don't always want fire service to stop the fire.

Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by BigBashiru: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
Peter Obi's Anambra. And you expect me to support this obituary for president. God forbid.

After comparing Lagos and Anambra side by side, I made my decision that Tinubu is the best candidate. You know a man by his antecedents. Talk is cheap. Tinubu is a doer. Obi is a failure.

Dude I don't want to say you hv low iq.

Look regardless who the President is, the underlying problem of laziness in Nigerian society will still remain. I'm tempted to say laziness is a trait of the black man but I don't want to make it a racial issue....@"Obi is a failure" substitute any other name for Obi the result will still be the same....because the issue isn't the President but an entrenched culture of laziness only the Nigerians themselves can change.

Nigerians are soooooooo lazy
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by uuzba(m): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
gambia:
Two wrongs cannot make a right.
Useless advice given AFTER the person has already done the wrong.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by olibeans: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
Another useless igbo State

Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Peachy14: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
Wrong way to enter the year 2023. It is very wrong for them to attack the firefighter, but the firefighter in Nigeria we all know always arrive at the scene when damages has been done. Happy new year!
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by TheChameleon: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
matm:
Even with high level of hold-up and traffick jam this festive season, as well as the distance from their office to the scene if the fire, u accuse them if being late.Attacking govt staff on official duty for any reason whatsoever is condemnable.You can report them to the appropriate quaters if they are found wanton.
Remember they are govt workers.If they were not dedicated to duty, they could even ignore u and refuse to come during emergency and u can't do anything about it.The perpetrators shld be arrested and prosecuted to serve as a deterrence to other miscreants.

You're an intelligent Nigerian. Wish 90% of the population had your mindset. Unfortunately only 5% do. Or less undecided

Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by nonix22(m): 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
Who are you referring to: the demonstrators of fire fighters
verybadmouth:
See the people that want to change Nigeria.

Thunder fire all the Zombies reading this.

Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Timagex(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
Happy new year from me angry

Bryon long baba! grin
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
Image123:
Anambra again? But some cuckoo fellows said fire only happens in their shops inLagos when they go home for christmas. They said that people set fire on their shops because of envy, so who set fire on this Onitsha again?

You forgot to put peter obi there
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Roboto11: 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
Jii95:
They deserve more than that. From my experience, those Fire Service are not proactive. Two years ago, there was a fire outbreak in my shop building, we called Fire Service, and the first truck that arrived couldn't start the generator to extinguish the fire. The driver had to call the second truck to come over, on arriving, the driver told us that he didn't pump water earlier. So, what did he come to do?
They almost got lynched by angry mob, if not for the interception of the youth leader. Nothing works right in Nigeria. The system is not working. We lost over N10m worth of goods and equipment. Shame on Fire Service!

That's why they deserve more than that?
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Goodman247: 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
Every thing about Nigeria is error, upside down
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by CaptainFM1: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2023
abobote:
Too bad, though firefighters in Nigeria serious have to work on their services.
They are always late or not reachable

They will always be late because they are not situated within 15mins coverage distances. Couple with the hold ups and unnavigable roads in many parts of the country....

So it's very wrong to be attacking them. We are still very backward set of people in Nigeria. Many times I see people not giving up road for Fire/Ambulance services. The society needs to be re-orientated. Even the so called educated ones don't clear roads despite seeing and hearing sirens.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Zorn: 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
verybadmouth:
See the people that want to change Nigeria.

Thunder fire all the Zombies reading this.
Let These thunder locate the epicenter of your mama's clitoris lol happy new year

Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by cardoctor(m): 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2023
Something is desperately not right with this country.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Ifogift007: 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
jumper524:
Those easterners are just angry people.
When you justify the act of transferring agression to the wrong person, the result is this.
Tomorrow another area would call them, they'll refuse to avoid any beating, damages increases.
If they delayed we could file a complain not destroy state properties
if you don't know what to say keep quiet
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Litmus: 2:45am On Jan 03, 2023
BigBashiru:

Dude I don't want to say you hv low iq.

Look regardless who the President is, the underlying problem of laziness in Nigerian society will still remain. I'm tempted to say laziness is a trait of the black man but I don't want to make it a racial issue....@"Obi is a failure" substitute any other name for Obi the result will still be the same....because the issue isn't the President but an entrenched culture of laziness only the Nigerians themselves can change.

Nigerians are soooooooo lazy

If Nigerians are lazy undecided then the rest of Africa and blacks in the rest of the world are comatose.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Litmus: 2:52am On Jan 03, 2023
Actually, and sadly, attacks on firefighters is a worldwide phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hCsdN7uZtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4FKoYmj3Y
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by BigBashiru: 2:56am On Jan 03, 2023
Litmus:

If Nigerians are lazy undecided then the rest of Africa and blacks in the rest of the world are comatose.

Africans in general have a culture of laziness...
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Litmus: 3:09am On Jan 03, 2023
BigBashiru:

Africans in general have a culture of laziness...

Not Nigerians...
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Emmanuel909090: 3:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Nigeria's are so impatient.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by BigBashiru: 3:44am On Jan 03, 2023
Litmus:

Not Nigerians...

Nigerians are sooooo lazy. That's why nothing works. Regardless of who the President is, nothing will work.....cos the root cause of the dysfunction in Nigeria is laziness....
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by tollyboy5(m): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Fire fighters that arrives after fire has wrecked havoc already
If you try that in Lagos here, I'll get you arrested.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by tollyboy5(m): 4:47am On Jan 03, 2023
BigBashiru:

Nigerians are sooooo lazy. That's why nothing works. Regardless of who the President is, nothing will work.....cos the root cause of the dysfunction in Nigeria is laziness....
Nigerians are corrupt not lazy.

The system is frustrating Nigerian from growing. No light to work as a developer, fuel is so expensive.
Receiving money abroad wahala, buying stuff with naira card wahala.
Soso mumu CBN policy.

After the whole thing. Na Nigerians you wan blame lol, kuku kill us.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by jumper524(m): 7:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Ifogift007:
if you don't know what to say keep quiet
na your papa dey supply me when give you authority to tell me when to talk na. Ozuo
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Image123(m): 8:08am On Jan 03, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

You forgot to put peter obi there

Where? Obi's wife ordered him to live in Lagos, not Anambra. Are you not aware?
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by deeva2: 9:35am On Jan 03, 2023
IPOB and Violence are like 5&6.
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Litmus: 9:47am On Jan 03, 2023
BigBashiru:

Disorganisation, not laziness, is why something's largely don't function as well as you would like in Nigeria. I say, "somethings" don't work and not as you say, "nothing works". Obviously internet works or you and thousands of others wouldn't be posting online without end. Or could it be that the thousands that post stuff about Nigeria don't even live in Nigeria and so may not be reliable witnesses but individuals with agendas against the country?

If nothing works, I wonder also why and how diaspora Nigerians manage to figure highly on any list of the world's top ten remittance nations to Nigeria. Thousands if not millions of Nigerians abroad send money to Nigeria and it reaches the intended recipients.

How do individuals fly in and out of Nigeria? How does Nigeria trade with the world? Who trains the doctors, nurses and teachers being poached by Nations in the West?

Systems for sending money to the states of the federation functions. Shipping process function. Some factories functioned well enough but not as competitively as possible against Chinese competition.

Millions own bank accounts in Nigeria. How do people make mobile phone calls?

Millions of Nigerians live in houses, who builds those houses? Where is the cement manufactured, how and who controls and manages the system that result in the construction industry that seem to erect thousands of estates overnight all over Nigeria ?

Don't Nigerians own televisions and radios? Who runs the broadcasting stations, who makes the programs? Where do people buy the TV and radios?

Where does Nigeria news papers come from, who runs the printing press?

Where do Nigerians get the products sold in the vast markets? How are these products imported? Who and how does the entire chain work?
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:49am On Jan 03, 2023
Image123:

Where? Obi's wife ordered him to live in Lagos, not Anambra. Are you not aware?

Shey obi is a terrorist?
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by baretalk: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2023
When the fools burn down the trucks, next time there is fire who will you call?
Re: New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival by Image123(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Shey obi is a terrorist?

Dunno oh.

3 Suspects Including A Woman Caught While Trafficking 56kg Of Marijuana. Photos / Arrested Osun Goat Dies In Custody / Physically Challenged Man Caught Stealing Phone, Begs to be Taken to Police