Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness (340 Views)

Bribe My Angels, If You Want My Grace To Work For You- Pastor To Members (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Hate Speech Bill At Shiloh (Video) / "God Will Give My Husband Grace To Know What To Do" - Pastor Omodele Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by pressplay411(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
"You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” Hebrews 1:9

The subject of Righteousness is one that we would expect that all Christians should agree upon. But is that the case?
The quoted verse, teaches us how much Jesus Christ hated lawlessness/sin and loved righteousness, just as God, the Father does.
And what was his reward? God's pleasure and delight in Him knows no bounds.

There are various interpretations of the Gospel and Grace of Jesus Christ concerning Righteousness. But I trust God to help us by the Holy Spirit to gain a good and true understanding of God's will through His Word.

What is Righteousness?
It is simply put, being in Right-standing with God.
It is also defined as Obedience to God's commandments.

There is no argument about Righteousness in the old testament. So I will be focusing on the New testament.
Because Righteousness truly is not of works.
Righteousness is imputed by God.
In the old testament, Abraham believed God and it was imputed to him as Righteousness.
Enoch, Noah, Job, Lot, etc were some of the Fathers of Faith who were called Righteous by God, even before there was Laws of Moses.

In the new testament, what is expected of a Christian since Jesus Christ has bought us from sin and paid our debt in full?
So many of us find ourselves falling back into sin, even to our own surprise. Why?
It is because we have not had understanding of sin and righteousness.

1 John 2:29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.
1 John 5: 16- 17 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.
1 John 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Having been delivered from the works of sin and darkness, we are now a new creation having found our victory in Jesus Christ over sin and death.
If we truly understand that sin/lawlessness is from Satan, especially having been in the bondage of sin for a time, we will have a bellowing anger and hatred towards sin. We will also begin to understand the Christ-like love towards sinners.

In conclusion, our assignment and mandate as Christians is to establish God's kingdom on earth and manifest his glory. Matthew 6:33
Sin is the kingdom of Satan.
Righteousness is the kingdom of God.

Satan through our flesh and mind has over the years made us love sin.
In Christ, we have to discipline our flesh and renew our minds to begin to love Righteousness. And this can not be done by our efforts or with the wrong heart. We need the right heart, the Power of the Word of God and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness is actually for our own benefit and good.
It is a perverted and reprobate mind that loves sin.
And God has delivered us in Christ.
So what do we need to do?

-We need to truly repent of our sins and believe in God and Jesus Christ His only begotten Son.
-We need to choose to know God through the life pattern and Word of Jesus Christ.
-We need to love God with all our heart and soul and strength and mind, and love our neighbors as ourselves.
-We need to follow God's commands.
-We need to become committed to living our lives for Christ for the rest of our lives.
-We need to understand that the purpose of the Holy Spirit is to give us Power and all that we need to be witnesses of Christ. Acts 1:8

When we truly hate sin and love righteousness, and we stay in the knowledge of God, we will understand through revelation of the Word that we have all we need in Christ to live a Victorious Christian life.

I conclude and pray together with you that as we start this new year, we shall receive the true revelation of the finished work of Jesus Christ, the Grace to work worthy of our calling, and the Love and Faith to Walk in the Spirit that we may not fulfill the lusts of the flesh in the Mighty name of Jesus. Amen

Is it not great that as we look into the Word of God, we are being transformed and conformed into the image of Christ from grace to grace and glory to glory? Halleluyah!

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection." Romans 6:1-5

"Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2023
pressplay411:
"
T
What is Righteousness?

There is no argument about Righteousness in the old testament. So I will be focusing on the New testament.
In the old testament, Abraham believed God and it was imputed to him as Righteousness.
Enoch, Noah, Job, Lot, etc were some of the Fathers of Faith who were called Righteous by God, even before there was Laws of Moses.

I did not see you state Who is in charge of righteousness in what you call new testament, so please Who is The God or Judge of Righteousness in what you call new testament?
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by pressplay411(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I did not see you state Who is in charge of righteousness in what you call new testament, so please Who is The God or Judge of Righteousness in what you call new testament?

I don't seem to understand your question. But as always just like old testament, God is the judge of righteousness in the new testament and for ever.
However, the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgment. John 16:8-13
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
pressplay411:

I don't seem to understand your question. But as always just like old testament, God is the judge of righteousness in the new testament and for ever.

Let me lock down this answer. Thank you.

pressplay411:

However, the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgment. John 16:8-13

1) Please what is the meaning of convict?

2) is Holy Spirit, God?
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by pressplay411(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

2) is Holy Spirit, God?

This is another discussion that might take a whole day unraveling and I have to go now. Rain check please.
But I assure you, God himself will reveal it to you, all you need to do is ask with an open heart, pray and read the scriptures again.
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
pressplay411:

This is another discussion that might take a whole day unraveling and I have to go now...

I thought the answers to them are easy and are even settled ok, I'll wait.
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by Singlenhappy(f): 9:58am On Jan 03, 2023
You're confused[You're confused! author=pressplay411 post=119644637]"You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” Hebrews 1:9

The subject of Righteousness is one that we would expect that all Christians should agree upon. But is that the case?
The quoted verse, teaches us how much Jesus Christ hated lawlessness/sin and loved righteousness, just as God, the Father does.
And what was his reward? God's pleasure and delight in Him knows no bounds.

There are various interpretations of the Gospel and Grace of Jesus Christ concerning Righteousness. But I trust God to help us by the Holy Spirit to gain a good and true understanding of God's will through His Word.

What is Righteousness?

In the new testament, what is expected of a Christian since Jesus Christ has bought us from sin and paid our debt in full?
So many of us find ourselves falling back into sin, even to our own surprise. Why?
It is because we have not had understanding of sin and righteousness.

1 John 2:29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.
1 John 5: 16- 17 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.
1 John 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Having been delivered from the works of sin and darkness, we are now a new creation having found our victory in Jesus Christ over sin and death.
If we truly understand that sin/lawlessness is from Satan, especially having been in the bondage of sin for a time, we will have a bellowing anger and hatred towards sin. We will also begin to understand the Christ-like love towards sinners.

In conclusion, our assignment and mandate as Christians is to establish God's kingdom on earth and manifest his glory. Matthew 6:33
Sin is the kingdom of Satan.
Righteousness is the kingdom of God.

Satan through our flesh and mind has over the years made us love sin.
In Christ, we have to discipline our flesh and renew our minds to begin to love Righteousness. And this can not be done by our efforts or with the wrong heart. We need the right heart, the Power of the Word of God and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness is actually for our own benefit and good.
It is a perverted and reprobate mind that loves sin.
And God has delivered us in Christ.
So what do we need to do?

-We need to truly repent of our sins and believe in God and Jesus Christ His only begotten Son.
-We need to choose to know God through the life pattern and Word of Jesus Christ.
-We need to love God with all our heart and soul and strength and mind, and love our neighbors as ourselves.
-We need to follow God's commands.
-We need to become committed to living our lives for Christ for the rest of our lives.
-We need to understand that the purpose of the Holy Spirit is to give us Power and all that we need to be witnesses of Christ. Acts 1:8

When we truly hate sin and love righteousness, and we stay in the knowledge of God, we will understand through revelation of the Word that we have all we need in Christ to live a Victorious Christian life.
I conclude and pray together with you that as we start this new year, we shall receive the true revelation of the finished work of Jesus Christ, the Grace to work worthy of our calling, and the Love and Faith to Walk in the Spirit that we may not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
Is it not great that as look into the Word of God, We are being transformed and conformed into the image of Christ from grace to grace and glory to glory in name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Halleluyah!

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection." Romans 6:1-5

"Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34[/quote]
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by pressplay411(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
Singlenhappy:

You're confused

Kindly shed more light.
And perhaps I would be delivered from my confusion.
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by pressplay411(m): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

2) is Holy Spirit, God?

1. Remember there's no longer condemnation for anyone in Christ.
What the Holyspirit does is let you know what's wrong and what's right. Reminds you of the consequences of both. And helps you by enabling you to choose what's right.
Of course, the decision remains yours to make. He doesn't force you.

2. You know this.

3. What's your intention for asking these questions? Because I perceive that you already know some of these answers.
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
pressplay411:

1. Remember there's no longer condemnation for anyone in Christ.
What the Holyspirit does is let you know what's wrong and what's right. Reminds you of the consequences of both. And helps you by enabling you to choose what's right.
Of course, the decision remains yours to make. He doesn't force you.

2. You know this.

3. What's your intention for asking these questions? Because I perceive that you already know some of these answers.

Your post contains errors but I wish to appreciate your grounds and how you arrived at your errors, hence I am trying to ascertain the basic settled foundations if you stand on them.

2) is Holy Spirit, God?
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by pressplay411(m): 3:40am On Jan 04, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Your post contains errors but I wish to appreciate your grounds and how you arrived at your errors, hence I am trying to ascertain the basic settled foundations if you stand on them.

2) is Holy Spirit, God?

First, there's no error when the Holy Spirit teaches you. Especially when you quote what is inspired and written by Him. which is what I do. There's simply variances in our interpretations. Usually as a result of our spiritual level and state of our hearts.
If we share the same Spirit, Blood and Baptism, we will share the same understanding.

1. I've answered this. The Holy Spirit is our Helper. His conviction here means He helps you distinguish between sin and righteousness.
You will be surprised how blurred the lines can some times get even for a believer. And youll be shocked how those without the Holy Spirit cannot even distinguish between right and wrong. To them wrong has become right, and right has become wrong. This generation is a clear case study.

2. And Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, not God the Father, but God the Holy Spirit. Just as Jesus Christ is God, the Son/Word.
It is a spiritual and not a sensual understanding which not I but the Holy Spirit teaches you to believe and gives you the understanding.

May God through His Word and Holy Spirit grant us access and understanding that we may know and come into the Light of His Truth and the Power there in, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Re: Grace To Hate Sin And Love Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2023
pressplay411:

2. And Yes, the Holy Spirit is God,

Thank you for answering question 2, buy you did not answer question 1.

(1) (Reply)

Fasting And Praying Day 3 / Theobart Grant, Legit Or Scam? / Is The Easter Story Of Jesus’ Resurrection True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.