Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed (698 Views)

Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! / Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. / Ajanlekoko, Jarus, Other 'elders' In The House, Please Your Advice Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by Bizmind(m): 2:58am On Sep 03, 2011
Hi Everyone,
I really needed advice on what trade I can learn in the US that will pay off if I decided to relocate to Nigeria in the nearer future to set up my own business. I have some list but I also welcome any other not listed.
1 Auto mechanic
2 Furniture maker
3 Fashion Designer
4 A/C and Refrigerator repairer
5 Electrician
6 Electronics repairer
7 Videographer/Photographer
8 Autobody/Panel beater
9 Buying and Selling.
Thanks.
Re: Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by AjanleKoko: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
Bizmind:

Hi Everyone,
I really needed advice on what trade I can learn in the US that will pay off if I decided to relocate to Nigeria in the nearer future to set up my own business. I have some list but I also welcome any other not listed.
1 Auto mechanic
2 Furniture maker
3 Fashion Designer
4 A/C and Refrigerator repairer
5 Electrician
6 Electronics repairer
7 Videographer/Photographer
8 Autobody/Panel beater
9 Buying and Selling.
Thanks.

Well, I only have one question for you: How do you intend to function, even in Nigeria, if all you will have when you relocate is at best a journeyman's knowledge of those trades? You should have reasonable experience in whatever trade you intend to practice, don't you think?
Re: Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by Bizmind(m): 3:51am On Sep 04, 2011
Thank you Mr Ajanlekoko, what I intend to do is learn the trade and come home to set up my own business and hire some people with experience to work for me. so what do you think?
Re: Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by yamakuza: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2011
Bizmind:

1     Auto mechanic
2     Furniture maker
3     Fashion Designer
9     Buying and Selling.

those are the money makers. Try acquire 3 to 4 skills, to be safe.

The last 3 on my list can actually be interwoven. You might want to research/explore options in that direction (interior decor?).
Re: Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by Bizmind(m): 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2011
Thank you very much.
Re: Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by yamakuza: 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
You can also do 1&8, at the Coscharis level, but it will be capital intensive.
Re: Candid Advice Is Urgently Needed by Bizmind(m): 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
thanks a lot for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Workforce Readiness / Process Plant Piping Systems Design And Construction Training / Why Do People Opt For Teaching as last resort, After Been Jobless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.