Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,950 members, 7,845,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria (31810 Views)

Covenant University, Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sex Scandal: Osi Osi, Graduate Speaks / Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sacked As Covenant University Registrar Over Sex Scandal / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Desusi: 10:54am On Jan 03, 2023
kingamaa:
The right step in the right direction

We are an Anglophone country, and English is our lingual Franca; why the test of English again
They felt our knowledge of English language is not perfect enough. I remember having a discussion with a British woman in London and an Indian. While the Indian man was speaking, the British lady couldn't get the message proper. When l spoke, the lady said l heard you very well and clear. Its one thing to understand English, its another thing to speak and hear properly.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by tishbite42: 10:54am On Jan 03, 2023
zolajpower:

It can only be a Yoruba man breaking this jinx and barrier.
They are always representing us in education, hence the most educated black race in the world
Fyi ; I'm a proper Niger delta man oshimili local government ,before you all will request for my head on a plata
Oshimili North and South are Igbos
Afonja swerve
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2023
paschal47:
We even speak better English than the white folks
Some of the white folks rather. Because when it comes to speaking the language how it suppose to be spoken, then you people are not speaking anything bro.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Desusi: 10:56am On Jan 03, 2023
paschal47:
I agree with you.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2023
[center][/center]
Fuckingmallam45:

Some of the white folks rather. Because when it comes to speaking the language how it suppose to be spoken, then you people are not speaking anything bro.

It's you that's never speaking anything.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Desusi: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2023
paschal47:
That IELTS is just a way of making money for these guys, it's a very useless test to be sincere
We love to take advantage of every thing. Do you know how many institutions would be affected by reason of this breakthrough. Nigerian and money!

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by BRATISLAVA: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2023
kingamaa:

We are an Anglophone country, and English is our lingual Franca; why the test of English again

Go through the posts here and you will know why they must.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Desusi: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2023
Caen1:
We shall know how effective this letter is till further notice
Kai,its done! Go prepare to japa

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2023
CheapHomes1:

How does the screenshot you shared confirm what you said that folks from the US and UK need IELTS to get into Canada?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=998&top=29 without ielts you cannot apply for express entry. Shikena was just showing u that us, uk, france citizens etc also apply to Canada express entry/ permanent residency
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Desusi: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2023
Jones4190:
Yoruba helping Nigeria since 1685
Its the land of IGI IWE and citadel of learning!

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2023
Deicide:
it's kinds ridiculous cause you can be going for your masters and you'll be required to write that silly exam.

For real. It's tiring
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Desusi: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2023
RichDad1:

British Council is a scam.
Serious one.who know no?
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by CheapHomes1: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=998&top=29 without ielts you cannot apply for express entry. Shikena was just showing u that us, uk, france citizens etc also apply to Canada express entry/ permanent residency

Where in your link does it say that UK and US aren't eligible for express entry into Canada without IELTS?
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 11:12am On Jan 03, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Where in your link does it say that UK and US aren't eligible for express entry into Canada without IELTS?
wasting my time with a dull person. I went to Canada with same process, every one regardless of country of origin must write ielts. Not doing back and forth with you. Bye

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by NEROSKY(m): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2023
That's how I told one university in Ireland that i can't abandon my language for English and still take the test for a fee, if its free no problem, I'm sure I will surpass the minimum.

Till date I ignored the school.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by braine(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2023
British people will write IELTS and still perform poorly.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by CheapHomes1: 11:21am On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
wasting my time with a dull person. I went to Canada with same process, every one regardless of country of origin must write ielts. Not doing back and forth with you. Bye

Intelligent person, pls how does your going to Canada concern me or the discussion? We talking about US and UK. Are you from US or UK?
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by zumbigbo(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2023
kingamaa:

Because many graduates cannot write a line of well-formed English grammar.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Mercury12(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2023
He is from Ekiti. God bless them with wisdom.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Mercury12(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2023
kingamaa:

That is why people need to stay wise and question everything.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by nesphil(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Idadurun: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2023
Jones4190:
Yoruba helping Nigeria since 1685
Agreed. You'll agree with me that Yoruba also brought and marketed a sickle to become president who invariably spent most of his assignment in london hospital bed, who widened class distinction, brought widespread hunger to the masses, worsen the economy since Nigeria's history, damage the refineries in the guise of rehabilitation. The same Yoruba demarket Osibanjo and have started marketing another unhealthy old baba, a known greedy thief, drug addict, rascal, despot with the mentality of emilokanism. Yoruba can keep on doing good but spoiling it with egocentric interest is always my fear. Even though, my mentor is a Yoruba I doubt certain good about them. Most of them will always represent their selfish interest
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Aurelius1(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2023
paschal47:
I disagree with you on this. 70% of Nigerian graduates don't know when to use "a" and "an".

3 Likes

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Jones4190(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2023
Idadurun:
Agreed. You'll agree with me that Yoruba also brought and marketed a sickle to become president who invariably spent most of his assignment in london hospital bed, who widened class distinction, brought widespread hunger to the masses, worsen the economy since Nigeria's history, damage the refineries in the guise of rehabilitation. The same Yoruba demarket Osibanjo and have started marketing another unhealthy old baba, a known greedy thief, drug addict, rascal, despot with the mentality of emilokanism. Yoruba can keep on doing good but spoiling it with egocentric interest is always my fear. Even though, my mentor is a Yoruba I doubt certain good about them. Most of them will always represent their selfish interest
Bihari happened to be the best president Nigeria produced

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by DaCharis2016: 11:50am On Jan 03, 2023
Let someone back home here write to AU or OAU, rather to ICC to disqualify Tinubu and any other candidate with allegations of fraud and drug dealings from contesting our presidency!
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by TyroneP(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Ekeseges(f): 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
The IELTS are quite expensive.i really tire oooo.I pray it is scrapped
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by seguno2: 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
nlfpmod:
Israel Usulor writes:

https://twitter.com/JonalistIsrael/status/1533095301988421632?s=20&t=9IPCIFsyZ_dDebs4F1b9IQ

Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi (Ph.D)’s Post

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/olumuyiwa-igbalajobi_recognized-english-language-countries-and-activity-6934147403553914880-iv9H?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web

What will happen if he/we invest similar efforts to issues in our own societies and country, instead of blaming the colonial masters for everything that we have done wrong
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by KingOfTheDamned: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
RichDad1:
Omoluabis doing good and impacting lives since 1677 without making noise.
They’ve always been a good ambassador of Nigeria and Africa at large anywhere they are outside the continent.

Heroine trafficking, fraud , scams human rituals

Omoluabi Inc grin
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by HeroicMeastro: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
God1000:
Good one, he has done something our government will never do
Must you blame the govt for everything?
The man has contributed his own quota. Thumbs up to him.
You should stop blaming the government for all your misfortunes.
Grow up!
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by HeroicMeastro: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2023
Rich4god:
The benefits this singular act will bring to Nigeria is far better than the benefits we have gotten from some of our leaders in the past 10 years.
What is this one saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening / Nairalander & His Old Classmates Reunite After Many Years, Hang Out (Photos) / OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.