Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? (462 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by hiehq: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2023
What languages do I need to learn for mobile app development?
Re: What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by Mero34: 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
Flutter or react native

1 Like

Re: What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by jbreezy: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2023
Flutter is golden

1 Like

Re: What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by TooMuchSense1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
You are supposed to Google search this kind of question. You will find much better answers than you will get here.

Anyways, I believe Java and Kotlin are the most popular languages for developing Android apps; Swift is the preferred language for iOS apps.
Like I stated above, Google searching will give you better, more detailed answers. If you prefer videos, go on YouTube
Re: What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by qtguru(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2023
This is a Guide I use for myself:

1. Need a Quick Job = React Native
2. Need Performance but with cross platform in mind = Flutter
3. Need Intense Performance and control over Hardware API or Gaming = Native
4. Need to convert website to mobile app = Cordova/PhoneGap
5. I am not leaving DotNet = Xamarin

Here is my No-BS list for picking platforms

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by SUPREMOTM: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
qtguru:
This is a Guide I use for myself:

1. Need a Quick Job = React Native
2. Need Performance but with cross platform in mind = Flutter
3. Need Intense Performance and control over Hardware API or Gaming = Native
4. Need to convert website to mobile app = Cordova/PhoneGap
5. I am not leaving DotNet = Xamarin
.Net MAUI

Here is my No-BS list for picking platforms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Languages Do I Need To Learn For Mobile App Development? by Unbiased1: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
hiehq:
What languages do I need to learn for mobile app development?

There are several ways to create mobile apps.
1) You can learn Java and Kotlin to create native Android apps, learn Swift to create iOS apps.

2) 2nd option will be to learn Flutter which requires you to learn the Dart Programming language. Any app created with flutter can run on both Android and iOS so you only need to learn one programming language and write the code once to run on both operating systems.

3) 3rd option is to learn React Native which works with JavaScript. Despite being similar to Flutter, I placed React Native as the 3rd option because it can actually make your app creation process faster than that of Flutter once you are vast in Web development. You will need a good knowledge of web development with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React before you can comfortably use React Native. Now with React Native Webview feature, you can actually build a react website, pass the URL into React Native and you can get a Android app, iOS app and a Website all at once.

4) The 4th option is the least considered option which involves creating a Progressive Web App from an existing website. You can read more about Progressive Web App (PWA) online and I can assure you that you will be impressed by the technology.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn Full-stack Web Development In 7 Days Ebook / I Need Someone To Build An App For Me / Learn A Technical Skills &start Making Money With LYNDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.