Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Confused Between Node Js And PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Confused Between Node Js And PHP (9948 Views)

Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript / Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / React + Node Js : Fullstack Web Development Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Between Node Js And PHP by stevesawo: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good day guys, please between Node js and PHP, which one has a better prospect for employment in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by LittleBigDick(m): 5:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Php
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by chim14(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2023
Php / Laravel first den others follow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by stevesawo: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thanks, guys.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Highremedy: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
PHP laravel ..... If u are good with that , I sure u don' t even need to be employed by anyone.
Just create any script and sell on codecayon and you will cashing out daily.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by bularuz(m): 2:11am On Jan 07, 2023
In Nigeria I would say PHP
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Maxxim: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2023
Highremedy:
PHP laravel ..... If u are good with that , I sure u don' t even need to be employed by anyone.
Is this from experience?

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Deicide: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2023
In Nigeria it's mostly PHP or Java

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by elmas(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2023
Highremedy:

How bro
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by fnep2smooth(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
PHP Laravel all the way... Build API, Backend or using it as responsive Frontend by giving it Tailwind, Bootstrap, Vue, react etc.. the options are limitless.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Thermodynamics(m): 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
stevesawo:
Good day guys, please between Node js and PHP, which one has a better prospect for employment in Nigeria. Thanks
Php is dead bro, this is not even a difficult decision, you should be thinking between Node.js and Java.

15 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by sanmtiago(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
I prefer PHP but both of them are powerful
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Jesuschristus: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
PHP learn APIs well,and you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by arejibadz(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
prefer node js

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Ireportlive: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Php
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by SultanOfPuna: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by gimakon2(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Php is dead bro, this is not even a difficult decision, you should be thinking between Node.js and Java.

There is a company in crossover that hired my friend and pays him $60,000 / year for PHP/ Laravel.
Stop talking what you do not know.

16 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by benalvino3: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
PHP.

Then you can try something else. For me, I don't touch php, i go with Asp .net

4 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by phemmyfour: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
stevesawo:
PHP

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by ifecodes(m): 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
You can’t go wrong with both. But few things to know.

PhP is fast losing popularity, you can check stackoverflow trends to confirm this.
You can start with this if you have already but have plans to switch in the coming future.

Javascript is awesome, but i would recommend you add lots of flavour of typescript.

One more thing…. Don’t limit scope to Nigeria you get paid coins, be willing to explore it wont hurt you.

8 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by gimakon2(m): 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
Start out with PHP / Laravel (have the experience) then port to Node.JS for backend
The issue is , several companies like flutterwave and the likes use Node.JS so the market is large to use for this, and considering the "new PHP" is Javascript , I would suggest you go the Node.JS Route, but companies still hire laravel Developers to do some jobs till date!

Keep the PHP just in case.

3 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by benalvino3: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
gimakon2:

There is a company in crossover that hired my friend and pays him $60,000 / year for PHP Laravel.
Stop talking what you do not know.

That does not mean anything. I won't say php is dead but in the US, UK, Canada, companies that wants a large scale application go for something else.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by LikeAking: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
Nice.. try all.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by gimakon2(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
benalvino3:

That does not mean anything. I won't say php is dead but in the US, UK, Canada, companies that wants a large scale application go for something else.

Crossover is Nigerian company? because from my calculations, Crossover is in Austin Texas, USA
Even turing hires for PHP, what are you insinuating?
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by benalvino3: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
gimakon2:
Start out with PHP / Laravel (have the experience) then port to Node.JS for backend
The issue is , several companies like flutterwave and the likes use Node.JS so the market is large to use for this, and considering the "new PHP" is Javascript , I would suggest you go the Node.JS Route, but companies still hire laravel Developers to do some jobs till date!

Keep the PHP just in case.

Pup is backend. What do you mean port to nodejs for backend?

2 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by iamblest(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
Depends on your use case or the job you want done.but in Nigeria I would say go for php because it's very easy to learn and master. Don't use framework so as not to get entangled with intricacies and unnecessary complexities. Use CORE PHP.

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by gimakon2(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
benalvino3:

Pup is backend. What do you mean port to nodejs for backend?

OP is asking for Backend, hence i made the statement.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Millz404(m): 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Nodejs
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by harsysky(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
Determine to be an expert in whichever you choose and you will have yourself to thank for it. Some people are paid handsomely even with the languages some people tagged dead. Know how to reason like a programmer and not just learn to have arsenal of programming languages.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by benalvino3: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
gimakon2:

Crossover is Nigerian company? because from my calculations, Crossover is in Austin Texas, USA
Even turing hires for PHP, what are you insinuating?

You did not understand my response. They pay 60k a year does not mean anything. You can be paid more or less for any programming language depending on the company and your position.

I am saying the popularity for php in enterprise wanting a large scale application is diminishing.

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Maj196(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
I'm a core PHP/Laravel dev but switched to MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, Nodejs).
Start with PHP/Laravel then switch to Nodejs later to expand your reach.

Please note Nodejs is not a language but a runtime for JavaScript to be run on a server. It's more faster than PHP with less learning curve. It's preferred by most companies now. PHP is becoming more of a legacy thing.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by gimakon2(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
benalvino3:

You did not understand my response. They pay 60k a year does not mean anything. You can be paid more or less for any programming language depending on the company and your position.

I am saying the popularity for php in enterprise wanting a large scale application is diminishing.

O yes! i get u now.
Let him have the experience first. Its simpler , and he would know how to handle things before coming to make Async promises in Javascript.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software / Programming With Android / Learn C++ Programming Language In Few Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.