Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. (22290 Views)

My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2023
justmondris:

It’s wise to set up somethings for your parents and siblings to be earning from than sending them money regularly. Sending them money regularly will make them to depend on you like air and that’s very bad and dangerous for your financial and marital lives.

Furthermore, if anything happens to your source of income, their lives will turn upside and none of them will be able to give you a helping hand because you gave them fish instead of teaching them how to fish.

What do you want to set-up when you are just struggling too.
A man earning 200/300k and you want him to set-up the family? it is not as if he is the CEO sef.
Also, the hardest people to set-up are educated/graduates. The have a very big ego and very big mouth that even if you tell them what you can raise is 2m, they will ask what can that do in the present day nigeria? because they are thinking of renting a house in a decent area, buy a car, furnish apartment and see big monet to do a big biz to sustain their lifestyle while others will tell you the money is not even enough to travel out to K or US.

So so big big mouth .
Funny enough, it is very very very easy to support an illitrate.
Some just need sewing maching with like 50k to get a shop and set-up. Overall, you won't spend more than 100k to set them up.
Some just indomie and fried egg spot etc but graduates?? i comot hand

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 6:44am On Jan 11, 2023
Buddha3:

Ensure you make your relatives millionaires first?

LMAO!
No offence, how old are you please? Because from where I sit, you don't particularly sound like someone who has seen a decent measure of the Nigerian reality.

There are relatives who are bluntly uninterested in turning a hundred thousand into a million naira. They don't have the patience to turn over investments for small but steady profits. They are basically comfortable with the fact that you have a moderate inflow of income and can accommodate their needs and demands whenever they walk up to you. So whatever efforts you put into setting them up amounts to no good. I have two cousins I have particularly made a handful of efforts to help achieve financial stability. Today they want a hundred grand to put in a business idea they have, it's down the drain tomorrow. Next they want a keke for hire purchase purposes, funds are committed into buying it, 2 months later, keke is sold and they're back to calling your line.

Look, we were all created with opportunities, however unequal they may be. The fact you're in a place to lend a helping hand doesn't mean you should die in the process. Sometimes it's okay to shut in, close fences and tend to your own life. Everybody go dey alright finally.

You are so right bro.
My own immediate brother we sent to UAE to work earning 150k with accommodation can even save, no wife, no kids, no properties, no savings, no investment nor is he sending money home to any family member monthly after 5 years of working.
Our uncle who is married we sent there to the same company is about finish his house in nigeria despite being a family man with more responsibilities yet they want us to raise another money to set him up in nigeria because he is coming home next month after his work visa was not renewed.
I just told them to please count me out. I am not ready to be spoon-feeding a 33 years old man with no vision or ambition abeg.
I have my life to live.

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 6:59am On Jan 11, 2023
LagBlogger:

I would have doubted it too until I watched a YouTube video of an NBA player who made more than 100 million USD in his career but retired bankrupt.

What did he do with most of his money? Spent it supporting family and friends.

Yet friends and family no still blow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 7:11am On Jan 11, 2023
PotatoSalad:
I remember when I was in the hospital for months. Na so I came back that week and this relative called saying that he wanted to discuss something urgent with me. This man came, even after seeing me in my condition, the goat went ahead to bill me for something. The Audacity ehn.
I was admitted for months, you never called nor visited, and we were in the same city o.
He saw me and was like, "ahh sorry o, I heard what happened o. Anyway, as I was saying...." grin
He left disappointed.

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 7:18am On Jan 11, 2023
Solofresh2:
Are you a billionaire undecided

No mind am.

To help a man na beans? how much are people earning sef that they want to kill you with their responsibilities.

Most people can't even boast of 5m cash in their account not to talk of 10m yet people are just screaming rich, rich, rich up and down.
Most people are just struggling or surviving and not really rich.

Is it not the same nigeira again? where many are civil servants, under-employed or totally unemployed again?
I don't even believe in cash help again sef. If you want to help any family, advice or issuing them letter of invitation to help their visa process are better than giving cash they will squander sef.
Send the vacancy advert and if possible transport money to go for the interview and not cash abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by cayorday89(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
franchasng:
Young man you are poor and still bragging in your poverty.

My prayer everyday even when I was broke and struggling was for God to bless me so immensely that I will be a blessing to others starting from my siblings, parents, cousins, nieces, nephews, neighbors, employees, kinsmen, my Church, my Pastors and everybody that I come across.

Of what use is my being rich without being a destiny helper to many?

Please pray against the spirit of poverty and rich today poor tomorrow because your attitude may attract such
See as I dey look and observe you as the cunny man wey you be, see the list of people you want to help when you can also pray for them alongside yourself that God should bless all of you together.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by justmondris: 10:48am On Jan 13, 2023
emmaodet:

What do you want to set-up when you are just struggling too.
A man earning 200/300k and you want him to set-up the family? it is not as if he is the CEO sef.
Also, the hardest people to set-up are educated/graduates. The have a very big ego and very big mouth that even if you tell them what you can raise is 2m, they will ask what can that do in the present day nigeria? because they are thinking of renting a house in a decent area, buy a car, furnish apartment and see big monet to do a big biz to sustain their lifestyle while others will tell you the money is not even enough to travel out to K or US.

So so big big mouth .
Funny enough, it is very very very easy to support an illitrate.
Some just need sewing maching with like 50k to get a shop and set-up. Overall, you won't spend more than 100k to set them up.
Some just indomie and fried egg spot etc but graduates?? i comot hand

Set up something small for them and scale it up. For example you can start by giving them money to buy and store agricultural products e.g palm oil during their seasons and resell them when the price has increased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by DonroxyII: 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hendrixky:
Not easy

But the quickest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure you make your relatives especially your siblings a millionaire first

Only people with deep sense and critical thinkers will understand my statement above
Aswear ... Mine is to give you education Once You Graduate and I help you find Job or Businesses... I'm Out, I hope Nature leads you in the rest of the Journeys for I'm Out Niyen!
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by DonroxyII: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
xandy84:
You can't make anyone millionaire except they want to be. Infact, you can't make anyone anything except they choose to be, but you can be of help if they want to be millionaire. I had given sister thousand $$ to start business, when she is little broke, she sold the business and moved on.
I have come to realize people only do what they wanna do. Establishing business for someone will be a waste of time and money if all they ever wanted is money to flex and come beg the next day.

Aswear ! ... Anybody wey ask me money now na I broke oo ... Once I sponsor your School e yaff finish niyen!

Education and Knowledges clears Nonsense not Monies! ....

If you get Monies but no Brain you go become beggar !
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
What makes them devilish? Your entitlement and that of people like you is the reason why this thread exist

How much have you sent them?
13million na jazz una jazz am abi wetin?
This ur bro is too generous to be a regular nigerian abroad relative

As for me from when i dey 5yrs till now na only $200 combined wey i don see from my devilish abroad relatives untop the 30yrs wey most of dem don stay there, no be like say i need dia moni but dem stingy die tufiakwa

I’m sure all of dem must be obidient as dem no dey give shishi

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:04am On Jan 30, 2023
Irupetepete:

and as per naija mentality, if you don't do, they may inflict you with something or somehow diabolically stop you from traveling back..

So share your experience as per the aforementioned topic..

You guys should do away with this mentality.
No one has the ability to inflict sickness on another or prevent anyone from travelling back.

These powers we attribute to our fellow humans do not actually exist.

Any human who has such powers will be greater than the Angels and ranked next to God(who already said ordinary humans are a little bit below the Angels).
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:09am On Jan 30, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
this is so apt... I have faced this, traveling from country to country peacefully and enjoying my life till someone told my family that I travel frequently and BOOMMMM all hell of demands broke loose...

I wasn't married so the married ones began to place demands on me, tell their kids to call me so I can be manipulated to give... family responsibilites that I had no business with.

I had to first relocate from the address they all knew... to somewhere they would never be able to find me, then I traveled out... changed my numbers, then I came back to Lagos and put on the FAMILY SIM just to greet them via SMS and remove it quickly before they call.

Since then I have had peace, my own family has had peace, no more demands from extended relations

EVERYONE WILL SURVIVE

grin grin
I wish i would have your kind of mind.
It's not easy to successfully escape from those relatives every time they come calling with their unending problems.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:55am On Jan 30, 2023
Treassured:

This Isn't right In the Spiritual Realm.

What I usually tell them Is I am very rich at the moment and I expect them to Copy.

Saying Negative Things to yourself can result to serious repercussions and consequences.

Be Guided.

Which spiritual realm
I hope you're not one of those that come to the hospital to tell us they're not sick when, in reality, they're very sick?
That's a religious stupidity that needs to be trashed.
If you're sick, say it. If you don't have money, tell them. That's the reality, and any other thing is pure stupidity and self-deception.
Mere beliefs not backed up by actions can't change the reality on ground.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2023
seanwilliam:
so na only negative utterances get consequences?

If I say I will be richer than Elon musk by month end , una go say no be by mouth . Lol

Don't mind Nigerians and their delusions
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by IamR: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Which spiritual realm
I hope you're not one of those that come to the hospital to tell us they're not sick when, in reality, they're very sick?
That's a religious stupidity that needs to be trashed.
If you're sick, say it. If you don't have money, tell them. That's the reality, and any other thing is pure stupidity and self-deception.
Mere beliefs not backed up by actions can't change the reality on ground.
lol
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by yaseer111: 12:31pm On May 13, 2023
Evisoblog:
smiley Too much pressure for a male figure according to victor Ad

If your writing vocabulary is good
And you enjoy Chatting into the far night.
Or like helping/assisting people with enquiries.
If yes you can be payed for these qualities.
Send a message to dollardchatsmerch@gmail.com

I am interested in this sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Call Your Husband Daddy? / Marriage Without Bride Price / South African Lady Who Got Married At 17 Gives Marriage Survival Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.