Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53194 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:24am On Mar 08, 2020
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by NextD18: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2020
I hardly accept gifts from people Abroad. smiley

I just don't like it. You didn't travel to Abroad to be getting me gifts.

215 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by masterflowx(m): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2020
My car!
Honda Accord 2014.
Though, I sent 50% of the money and he added the remaining one.
The car landed in 2017 and I'm still using it up till today as my one and only car.
9ja hard abeg, no money to buy another one yet...

352 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:40am On Mar 08, 2020
masterflowx:
My car!
Honda Accord 2014.
Though, I sent 50% of the money and he added the remaining one.
The car landed in 2017 and I'm still using it up till today as my one and only car.
9ja hard abeg, no money to buy another one yet...

You're lucky bro.

326 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2020
Noksold:
Money , more money grin

Like how much?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Or11: 10:42am On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us nd us alone. There's a blessing in giving.
I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon nd one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me ur own.

Thank goodness I'm not one of your relatives. So because someone lives in another country, he must buy you gifts abi. Poverty and beggi beggi mentality smh

225 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by yomi007k(m): 11:03am On Mar 08, 2020
Or11:

Thank goodness I'm not one of your relatives. So because someone lives in another country, he must buy you gifts abi. Poverty and beggi beggi mentality smh

No mind am. He didn't talk about what he does for the uncle here.

If you want something from those janded guys, u need to give or be an asset.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by DropsMic(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2020

In 2004 my uncle asked i and my brothers what we wanted him to get for us. Being teenagers then we asked for a console game... You won't believe this dude legit sent us a well packaged Family con.. I later sold it for 250 naira to one Wilson guy complete with the pad and infrared gun..

Thinking about it now, i feel if we had specified the type of game we wanted him for buy am because dude was rich

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2020
DropsMic:
In 2003 i Asked my uncle to send me a console game and dude sent me a Family con. I later sold it for 250naira

Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by pocohantas(f): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
Make we start to give them small na. No matter how little. This attitude of always expecting from them is what makes them block our numbers.

Anyway, I really can’t pick out one. I just know I have gotten lots of pleasant surprises from them- by not asking.

Looking at the topic again, they weren’t even RELATIVES. Mostly friends, with the most surprising being from a Nlder. smiley

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Iceyjay(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
$2000

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by goldbim(f): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
How about what do give to relatives abroad when they come to Nigeria or Send through a friend of theirs ?most times,that little #2000 slippers or even a small Ankara of 2k goes a long way..
Personally,I feel we should try to extend stuffs to them too once in a while..not every time,gimme gimme cheesy..our thoughtfulness can open doors we least expect too..#just saying# lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
Electric doll when I was 10...

After that, countless eye masks. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by bukatyne(f): 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us nd us alone. There's a blessing in giving.
I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon nd one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me ur own.

What is the biggest gift you have sent to a relative abroad?

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
Acer Aspire. Love u uncle.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
goldbim:
How about what do give to relatives abroad when they come to Nigeria or Send through a friend of theirs ?most times,that little #2000 slippers or even a small Ankara of 2k goes a long way..
Personally,I feel we should try to extend stuffs to them too once in a while..not every time,gimme gimme cheesy..our thoughtfulness can open doors we least expect too..#just saying# lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You right but Nigerians have this mentality that they don't need anything

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by goldbim(f): 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You right but Nigerians have this mentality that they don't need anything
lol...they don’t need nothing but a gift is a gift sha.. cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grafixdon: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
Internet modem worth 6k in naija currency. Very stingy guy. I'm a giver, I expect something better

13 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by faithfull18(f): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
grafixdon:
Internet modem worth 6k in naija currency. Very stingy guy. I'm a giver, I expect something better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
Or11:

U don't know me nd I don't know u so ur words doesn't hurt.
It's true that stingy pple defend stinginess.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
In block => EUROPE OR NOTHING

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Stallion93(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
cheesy
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by DropsMic(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hehehe
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Roon9(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
A camera. Given to me by my cousin that stays in Scotland. That was before camera phones became popular so it was a big deal then grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Cmanforall: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
DropsMic:
In 2003 i Asked my uncle to send me a console game and dude sent me a Family con. I later sold it for 250naira
Did he ask you to make a wish? You that is demanding, what do you give him when he's in Nigeria?
The way you wrote this, it seems you are angry with him and his freewill gift.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.
mtchew
Broda Bola lives in UK.
He wants to impress me every time he sends things home.
Always sending 250naira worth boxers and 300naira worth belt, na one ibo boy dey always help me confirm the price.
I Wan ask, shey Aba boys Don dey send belt and boxers go UK ni?
Does UK people, dem be akagum eshin national theater

NB: for those quoting me, I said he tries to impress me, for someone to try to impress you, it means you've done something great and extraordinary for that person. Make una read in-between the lines before quoting naw.
Ordinarily, can someone just try to impress you?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by UrRealG: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
€10,000 grin

12 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Slawormir: 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Them my uncle stingy dieee

Two dey America
Upon all the African food when we dey package go give them still nothing dey fall out. Grinded abi na ground ogbono, grinded egusi and so many other things
Them be akagum
To make the matter worse
The other one come go marry one Zambia girl for America
Na there we hear our uncle reach
Him nor even dey call house again

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by frank417: 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
One kind trainers like that

7 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Mynd44: 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nothing.

Some of us don't have abroad relative we are close to.

43 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) / Nigerians, We’ve Got A Sexuality Problem / Moments Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.