Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church (355 Views)

Praying With Fanta Brings Endless Prosperity! — Lady / Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2023
We haven't been sharing testimonies that came out of our yearly 21 days fasting and praying for some private reasons. This year praying and fasting will be more than we expected. We believe if there is a mouth to pray, there's a faithful God to answer for he says,"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart."
2 Chronicles 7:14‭-‬16.

We are going to humble ourselves and call on God. Your prayer requests will be prayed on daily until the end of the fast and I believe God will give us what we need.

Join us as we prepare ourselves to walk with Jesus this year 2023.

Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2023
Earthkumy:
■We haven't been sharing testimonies that came out of our yearly 21 days fasting and praying for some private reasons. This year praying and fasting will be more than we expected. We believe if there is a mouth to pray, there's a faithful God to answer for he says,"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart."
2 Chronicles 7:14‭-‬16.

We are going to humble ourselves and call on God. Your prayer requests will be prayed on daily until the end of the fast and I believe God will give us what we need.

Join us as we prepare ourselves to walk with Jesus this year 2023.
1. God made it clear through His prophets that He does not care for your starvation-diet fastings and He will not answer your cries when you engage in these kind of fasts using His name. So, why do you continue to engage in that which is meaningless to you and to God? God instead commands that you do "good" works on those days you think to fast in His name --- Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7 --- and then and only then will He answer you. undecided

1 Like

Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 6:38am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God made it clear through His prophets that He does not care for your starvation-diet fastings and He will not answer your cries when you engage in these kind of fasts using His name. So, why do you continue to engage in that which is meaningless to you and to God? God instead commands that you do "good" works on those days you think to fast in His name --- Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7 --- and then and only then will He answer you. undecided

One day as these men were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Appoint Barnabas and Saul for the special work to which I have called them.” So after more fasting and prayer, the men laid their hands on them and sent them on their way.
Acts of the Apostles 13:2‭-‬3
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 6:42am On Jan 10, 2023
Earthkumy:
■One day as these men were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Appoint Barnabas and Saul for the special work to which I have called them.” So after more fasting and prayer, the men laid their hands on them and sent them on their way.
Acts of the Apostles 13:2‭-‬3
1. Are you insinuating that because those men were said to have been fasting, we are to conclude by that that it must have been the starvation-diet fasting which is against God— since God indicated that He abhors it—, and not the doing-of-good-works fasting that God instead commands of those who believe in Him? undecided
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 7:54am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you insinuating that because those men were said to have been fasting, we are to conclude by that that it must have been the starvation-diet fasting which is against God— since God indicated that He abhors it—, and not the doing-of-good-works fasting that God instead commands of those who believe in Him? undecided

Then the king and his nobles sent this decree throughout the city: “No one, not even the animals from your herds and flocks, may eat or drink anything at all. People and animals alike must wear garments of mourning, and everyone must pray earnestly to God. They must turn from their evil ways and stop all their violence.
Jonah 3:7‭-‬8

When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened.
Jonah 3:10
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2023
Earthkumy:
Then the king and his nobles sent this decree throughout the city: “No one, not even the animals from your herds and flocks, may eat or drink anything at all. People and animals alike must wear garments of mourning, and everyone must pray earnestly to God. They must turn from their evil ways and stop all their violence.
Jonah 3:7‭-‬8
When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened.
Jonah 3:10
I am sorry but did Jesus Christ instruct you to do as the kings and nobles in Nineveh did, or did He instead decree instead that those who belong to Him are those who do as He commands? which one? undecided

According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
Is this decree contained here and in Zechariah 7, not that which God commanded? Or did God make a mistake by suggesting He will only answer if you do as He commands on your day of fasting? undecided
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but did Jesus Christ instruct you to do as the kings and nobles in Nineveh did, or did He instead decree instead that those who belong to Him are those who do as He commands? which one? undecided

According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
Is this decree contained here and in Zechariah 7, not that which God commanded? Or did God make a mistake by suggesting He will only answer if you do as He commands on your day of fasting? undecided

But when you fast, comb your hair and wash your face.
Matthew 6:17
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 8:42am On Jan 10, 2023
Earthkumy:

But when you fast, comb your hair and wash your face.
Matthew 6:17
Nowhere in that passage did Jesus Christ suggest to you that the kind of fasting you should engage in is the starvation-diet ritual which you partake in. God said— through the very same prophets that announced the coming of Jesus Christ—, that your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to His command and Law to you - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
So, are you insinuating that because Jesus Christ mentioned fasting, Jesus Christ must have meant starvation-diet fasting which is against God— since God indicated that He abhors it—, and not the doing-of-good-works fasting that God commands? undecided
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nowhere in that passage did Jesus Christ suggest to you that the kind of fasting you should engage in is the starvation-diet ritual which you partake in. God said— through the very same prophets that announced the coming of Jesus Christ—, that your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to His command and Law to you - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
So, are you insinuating that because Jesus Christ mentioned fasting, Jesus Christ must have meant starvation-diet fasting which is against God— since God indicated that He abhors it—, and not the doing-of-good-works fasting that God commands? undecided

For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry. But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”
Matthew 4:2‭, ‬4
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
Earthkumy:

For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry. But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”
Matthew 4:2‭, ‬4
Scripture never said Jesus Christ planned and fasted for those 40 days. Instead, it is instead written that He was led away by the Spirit of God and ended up fasting for 40 days and 40 nights in pretty much the same way that Moses and Elisha did when they were both out in the wilderness with God - Exodus 34 vs 28 & 1 Kings 19 vs 7 - 14. There were unplanned happenings, and nothing to be compared to any of your pre-planned starvation-diet rituals you call fasting. undecided

Look, am I to take it that it doesn't really matter to you what God says in this or anything? undecided
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 2:23am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Scripture never said Jesus Christ planned and fasted for those 40 days. Instead, it is instead written that He was led away by the Spirit of God and ended up fasting for 40 days and 40 nights in pretty much the same way that Moses and Elisha did when they were both out in the wilderness with God - Exodus 34 vs 28 & 1 Kings 19 vs 7 - 14. There were unplanned happenings, and nothing to be compared to any of your pre-planned starvation-diet rituals you call fasting. undecided

Look, am I to take it that it doesn't really matter to you what God says in this or anything? undecided
���
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Jan 11, 2023
Earthkumy:
���
God never sanctioned your starvation-diet rituals by His name for anyone except His Israel in the Land of Canaan whom He decreed a one day fast only on the 10th day of the 10th month of each year. A day in which all of Israel was to fast in order that He, God, would cleanse Israel's sins. undecided

Right there in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 is where God decrees the kind of fasting that is valid outside of His Old Law, yet you vehemently push against it, why? All so you can hold on to a ritual that has no bearing in God or His Truth. undecided
Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Earthkumy(m): 7:40am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God never sanctioned your starvation-diet rituals by His name for anyone except His Israel in the Land of Canaan whom He decreed a one day fast only on the 10th day of the 10th month of each year. A day in which all of Israel was to fast in order that He, God, would cleanse Israel's sins. undecided

Right there in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 is where God decrees the kind of fasting that is valid outside of His Old Law, yet you vehemently push against it, why? All so you can hold on to a ritual that has no bearing in God or His Truth. undecided

Jesus responded, “Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.”
Luke 5:34‭-‬35

1 Like

Re: 21 Fasting And Praying With Christ Glorious Church by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Earthkumy:
Jesus responded, “Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.”
Luke 5:34‭-‬35
Indeed! But guess what? Again, nowhere in that context did Jesus Christ tell you that He spoke in reference of your starvation-diet fasting rituals. Always have it in the back of your mind that Jesus Christ cannot contradict the Father in any way. He told you that much about Himself so why do you not believe Him? undecided

Go back through Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 to understand what God promised those who do what He commands of them on their days of fasting. While Jesus Christ was with His disciples, they did not have to worry about all that because they had Jesus Christ right there with them to answer their every questions and requests. But as Jesus Christ explained in that passage you quoted, when He was gone from then, then they would need to do good works in order to get answers from the Father. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Die ? / Can The Will Of God Be Rigged? / Video Of Prophet Predicting The Death Of Yul Edochie’s Son Surfaced Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.