Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects (12899 Views)

Brave Youths Foil Kidnap Attempt In Cross River State, One Shot Dead. Photos / Soldiers, Police Officers Killed During Kidnap Attempt In Rivers. Graphic Photos / Zamfara Kidnapper Stripped Unclad And Beaten By Mob After Failed Kidnap Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by TheLawAsItIs: 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
The Speaker of the Plateau State House of Assembly, Yakubu Sanda, narrowly escaped being kidnapped by gunmen who attacked his house in Jos on Friday.

The failed kidnap attempt on the Speaker was coming barely six days after the police carried out a rescue operation of the state Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works, Alexander Plangnan, who was kidnapped by gunmen on New Year’s Day in the same locality.

It was gathered that the Speaker was at his house located at the Federal Low Cost community in Jos South Local Government Area when some gunmen who drove in a car made an attempt to abduct him.

A resident of the community, Joshua Madaki, told The PUNCH on Saturday that the timely intervention of some security operatives thwarted the objectives of the kidnappers as they fled the scene.

The Spokesman for the Plateau state Police Command, Alfred Alabo, also confirmed the failed kidnap attempt on the Speaker in a statement he issued on Saturday.

The PPRO said, “On 06/01/2023 at about 2320hrs while the Speaker arrived his residence at Federal Low-cost in Jos-South, three unidentified gunmen operating in an ash-colored CR-V Jeep trailed him to his residence and attempted to enter his house to kidnap him but their mission was made impossible by the intrepid police officers on guard duty, and the timely response of the Divisional Police Officer, SP Ayuba, and his men who joined forces with the men on guard duty and repelled the evil act.

“However, the command is making concerted effort to track down the fleeing suspects and get them arrested.

“The Plateau police boss uses this medium to thank members of the public for showing concern about the happenings in their various communities and volunteer to give timely information to the Police for prompt action.”

The statement urged residents of the state to go about their lawful businesses as the police was already doing a lot to ensure the safety of all.

https://punchng.com/plateau-speaker-escapes-kidnap-attempt-police-hunt-suspects/#Echobox=1673090888

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
Oops

Any where safe?

First attempt foiled 2023
First FTC 2023; MoD & NL, make una help me drop my prize money in side my Kolo.. I wan REMARRY 2023, DIVORCE no FEAR ME AGAIN grin

All win win grin

ugodson:

My brother dont let divorce fear you o! Will be doing mine soonest but dont think i will remarry all of THEM are d same

I am marrying someone who is 100% better than my former marriage..
I am restarting From experience, not from the scratch TRUST me!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Coolestguy2023: 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2023
Obi people at work. They are the number one suspect

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
Why those security can't kill those criminal
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by dayleke: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
Na wah o

This country sha....
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Goodoldays(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
E go reach everybody,rich or poor,just that rich breakfast is getting served late

Another one careless swoop by Nigerians on this election,it will become a norm that a governor,senator,a rep member was kidnapped.

Keep playing cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Lilchilz(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
Ohh oya now i still de house !

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by ugodson(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Oops

Any where safe?

First attempt foiled 2023
First FTC 2023; MoD & NL, make una help me drop my prize money in side my Kolo.. I wan REMARRY 2023, DIVORCE no FEAR ME AGAIN grin

All win win grin

My brother dont let divorce fear you o! Will be doing mine soonest but dont think i will remarry all of THEM are d same
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Searchingvictor: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hmmm

Infinix hot 5 for sale for 25k. Send me a dm

Location, ibadan
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by James91: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
Coolestguy2023:
evil mindset APC party, ready to kill Nigerians because of their own interests

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
Every few days, government sponsored agents will post threads lambasting UK , claiming USA is going down the drains in order to cast doubt in the mind of Nigerians fleeing this sinking ship.

To the government agents, this is the reason we ran away and millions are running �‍♀️ with us.

To the average nairalander japa, nobody can fix Nigeria, not even Peter Obi. He might slow the rot but he can't fix it.

If Tinubu or atiku gets in Somalia will be better than Nigeria in 2 years

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by prigoz(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2023
Bad News everywhere in this country and people with right mind still want to vote APC. I wish them and their family Nigeria Economy under Buhari meanwhile Tinubu said that he will continue from where bubu stop. Una doo

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by SaturnNick(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
ugodson:

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by SaturnNick(m): 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Them don escape. How una wan catch them na
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by omoredia: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
Buhari boys again

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nigeria is so unsafe

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by dettolgel: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Last last APC 8 years of misrule will soon touch everyone. It spares no one. grin

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by iwaeda: 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2023
TheLawAsItIs:

https://punchng.com/plateau-speaker-escapes-kidnap-attempt-police-hunt-suspects/#Echobox=1673090888
It is well, the high and mighty are being affected. Let me not say my mind. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Exceed15: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
Lanok865:
Kk, let go

Guys don't play with this update

Palm diamond campaign are still paying new user #10,000 per person after the sign up without doing any task and you don't have to refer anybody..

For you to receive the #10,000 you must use a phone number that has not been use before on palmpay to register.

And you must use the verify campaign link you will find below to register, when done you will receive the #10,000 instantly and withdraw fast when it drop.

You will find the campaign link in this Facebook post
Click the link below
https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid03pZpEcunRDbucHUKtkLJCWiCCPsv8ZhV9DNtdfYcnwoK4hnuCM9NLmXTkZSiK9Nwl/?app=fbl

When you receive the money send #2000 Naira to me as appreciation for showing you this update, palmpay 8. 1. 0. 46. 46. 8. 2. 5

SCAM!!!!
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Simplythebest: 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
U need to visit hospital cus u are among mad people rooming around the street
Coolestguy2023:
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by baretalk: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
Local vigilante should be beefed up. Governors stop stealing money, spend on local vigilante, recruit more youths, put some on intelligence gathering, and counter intelligence. Stop stealing money while people die.
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by ZombieTERROR: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Insecurity everywhere

no place is safe under this evil party

May APc never happen to us ever again
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by samwisemayceon: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
[code][/code]
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by Cantonese: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hmmm.

They described the car. They saw three men inside. Their timely intervention repelled the move. Dem no arrest them. Which kind story be that?
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by techWriter3: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
sash folks at work
Re: Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects by JoeNL22(m): 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
Security is all we need.
Omowale can you be of no help or help?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Stabs Lover To Death, Flees Ogun Community / Delayed Ransom: Baptist Pupils’ Abductors Threaten To Start Charging Interest / Militia Sacks Rafin Kada In Taraba, Kills Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.