Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms (15457 Views)

The Making Of The "Emene Enugu Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The " Asaba Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 4:04pm On Mar 28
horlabiyi:
With the standard of today building materials in Nigeria especially iron rod. Is it advisable to use 12mm for columns of a bungalow building and is chain beams necessary if we are going to have precast parapet on the building? Thank You Sir

Some still use 12mm as long as it's a bungalow that wont carry a decking slab.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08
We are set to start works on the final stages of this house, the flooring and stamping of this floor. We will.also construct a drainage in the front of this building...........

More work from tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 1:49pm On Apr 10
We have started working on the gutters in the front of this building, more pictures later.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Apr 13
Let's build flood drainage channels in the front of this house.............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 10:17am On Apr 13
The inside of the compound........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by double3(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13
Good evening oga spyder, plz can u recommend sumone who can help with construction of a septic tank for my building in enugu... undecided
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:36am On Apr 14
double3:
Good evening oga spyder, plz can u recommend sumone who can help with construction of a septic tank for my building in enugu... undecided

Good morning bro, my workers are busy now. I will call them to see if any of their friends is free. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by double3(m): 10:16pm On Apr 14
spyder880:

Good morning bro, my workers are busy now. I will call them to see if any of their friends is free. Thanks.
Thanks..
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by double3(m): 10:34am On Apr 17
spyder880:

Greetings chief, any luck with this
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 11:51am On Apr 17
double3:

Greetings chief, any luck with this

Not yet bro.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18
Compound landscaping going on here.............

More pictures later
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by donforeign: 2:42am On Apr 26
Oga spyder long time.. please can a hotel fit in 100 by 100 land? Like 20 rooms. I want to start that project soon by God grace..

Lastly , filling station or hotel, which is more better in terms of business ?.
Thanks for everything. I expect a response, thanks
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by michlins(m): 6:11am On Apr 26
donforeign:
Oga spyder long time.. please can a hotel fit in 100 by 100 land? Like 20 rooms. I want to start that project soon by God grace..

here's my own opinion, while filling station is more profitable,it needs your presence and attention 247. With oil and foreign exchange doing dance (deregulation) you need to stay ahead of it and change prices at a moments notice. Filling station also has more avenue for leaks (truck drivers will sell two or three drums, workers may tamper with your meter and the rest of them). So you should be present and VERY WICKED to survive in the business.

Meanwhile,in hotel business, you can monitor it from afar. You can install cameras to tell you which rooms are occupied and empty and then the clubhouse can be leased out while you earn your own jeje.

This is my own opinion. You can gather more from other people

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:04am On Apr 27
michlins:
here's my own opinion, while filling station is more profitable,it needs your presence and attention 247. With oil and foreign exchange doing dance (deregulation) you need to stay ahead of it and change prices at a moments notice. Filling station also has more avenue for leaks (truck drivers will sell two or three drums, workers may tamper with your meter and the rest of them). So you should be present and VERY WICKED to survive in the business.

Meanwhile,in hotel business, you can monitor it from afar. You can install cameras to tell you which rooms are occupied and empty and then the clubhouse can be leased out while you earn your own jeje.

This is my own opinion. You can gather more from other people

Thank you for this answer, a lot of business sense is in it.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:09am On Apr 27
donforeign:

Good morning bro, yes I have seen hotels built on lands of less than 100 x 100. The planners just have to do a good work with the entire planning stages, a good architect is indispensable in this case.

Both filling station and hotels are good business, depending on your short and long term plans, and as someone mentioned above, your availability on ground. Both business needs some sort of man marking to succeed. That's why many people who dont have the time will rather do rental business instead of hotels or filling stations.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Apr 27
Washing and cleaning out some completed rooms in this house..........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:18am On Apr 27
Washed bathrooms.............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:22am On Apr 27
The compound, before we start the concrete floors...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:26am On Apr 27
Michlins, we see your hand ............

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by michlins(m): 10:41am On Apr 27
spyder880:
Michlins, we see your hand ............
my oga called and I delivered

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Badgers14: 11:20am On Apr 27
donforeign:

Wehdone sir/Madam.

For me, I wouldn't personally invest in either of the business.

Why?

Filing station, many times we look that from the perspective of "oil money" .. but that doesn't really translate to profitability..

I was around a bar one time staying close to my bottle and overheard people's conversation, one has filling station.. he was regretting venturing in the business and that's was surprising to me..

Then I started talking to people, hmm.. the politics involved in the filing station business no be here..

They say some people make money by buying fuel from "local refineries " instead of sourcing from the official channel.

Some filling station make money also by adjusting the meter.. so when one buys 5 litter, they are actually pumping less than that..

Etc.etc

With filling station, they are typically a bit hard to resell or repurpose for a different use.

Not forgetting, the cost of construction is quite enormous.

Lastly, I just don't think it's a good business (personally speaking)

Hotel: profitable, maybe but I just don't like the business.. I haven't seriously looked at the analysis of it from the business angle but I think it's very saturated now ( your area might be different).

The management etc , I feel it's not just for me.

But between the 2, I would grudginly vote for hotel because it's less stress compared to filling station.
They are usually easier to sell than filling station.

You could repurpose your hotel and rent it out as tenant house if you want.

Recall, in every business, there outta be an exit strategy.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by dongc(m): 10:59am On Apr 28
Badgers14:

Wehdone sir/Madam.

For me, I wouldn't personally invest in either of the business.

Why?

Filing station, many times we look that from the perspective of "oil money" .. but that doesn't really translate to profitability..

I was around a bar one time staying close to my bottle and overheard people's conversation, one has filling station.. he was regretting venturing in the business and that's was surprising to me..

Then I started talking to people, hmm.. the politics involved in the filing station business no be here..

They say some people make money by buying fuel from "local refineries " instead of sourcing from the official channel.

Some filling station make money also by adjusting the meter.. so when one buys 5 litter, they are actually pumping less than that..

Etc.etc

With filling station, they are typically a bit hard to resell or repurpose for a different use.

Not forgetting, the cost of construction is quite enormous.

Lastly, I just don't think it's a good business (personally speaking)

Hotel: profitable, maybe but I just don't like the business.. I haven't seriously looked at the analysis of it from the business angle but I think it's very saturated now ( your area might be different).

The management etc , I feel it's not just for me.

But between the 2, I would grudginly vote for hotel because it's less stress compared to filling station.
They are usually easier to sell than filling station.

You could repurpose your hotel and rent it out as tenant house if you want.

Recall, in every business, there outta be an exit strategy.

Good luck

Donforeign

Here is from a Thread from Twitter a rough estimate of a filling station.... you need closer to 300M to start...huge investment

https://twitter.com/d_LegalEagle/status/1780130241907675145?t=Slb1AZs_xenXagVOi6BlRg&s=19
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by donforeign: 11:29am On Apr 28
dongc:

Donforeign

Here is from a Thread from Twitter a rough estimate of a filling station.... you need closer to 300M to start...huge investment

https://twitter.com/d_LegalEagle/status/1780130241907675145?t=Slb1AZs_xenXagVOi6BlRg&s=19

Thanks so much for this insight. I really appreciate it. Will stick with the small hotel package .. thanks once again

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by dongc(m): 11:49am On Apr 28
donforeign:

Thanks so much for this insight. I really appreciate it. Will stick with the small hotel package .. thanks once again

All the best sir....cheers 👍

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

CHERRYVILLE GARDENS ESTATE, Alatunse, Lekki (Promo price N1.5Million) / The New Phase Of Brooklyn Court! Price Increases Soonest / We Buy Condemned Battery & Solar Battery for N60,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.