Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,129 members, 7,852,841 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

Gareth Bale Announces Retirement From Club And International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gareth Bale Announces Retirement From Club And International Football (143 Views)

Sergio Ramos Shows Off Football Career Trophies For Club And Country (Photos) / Odemwingie announces retirement from football / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gareth Bale Announces Retirement From Club And International Football by Eddy90(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Former Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid star Gareth Bale has announced his retirement from football. Bale had captained Wales at the World Cup in Qatar.
Gareth Bale has announced his retirement from club and international football with immediate effect.

The ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid star, who most recently played for MLS side LAFC, wrote in a statement on Monday: "After careful and thoughtful consideration, I announce my immediate retirement from club and international football. I feel incredibly fortunate to have realised my dream of playing the sport I love.

"It has truly given me some of the best moments of my life. The highest of highs over 17 seasons, that will be impossible to replicate, no matter what the next chapter has in store for me. From my very first touch at Southampton to my last with LAFC and everything in between, shaped a club career that I have an immense pride and gratitude for.

"Playing for and captaining my country 111 times has truly been a dream come true. To show my gratitude to all of those that have played their part along this journey, feels like an impossibility. I feel indebted to many people for helping to change my life and shape my career in a way I couldn't have ever dreamed of when I first started out at 9 years old. To my previous clubs, Southampton, Tottenham, Real Madrid and finally LAFC.

"All of my previous managers and coaches, back room staff, team mates, all the dedicated fans, my agents, my amazing friends and family, the impact you have had is immeasurable. My parents and my sister, without your dedication in those early days, without such a strong foundation, I wouldn't be writing this statement right now, so thank you for putting me on this path and for your unwavering support.

"My wife and my children, your love and support has carried me through. Right beside me for all the highs and lows, keeping me grounded along the way. You inspire me to be better, and to make you proud. So, I move on with anticipation to the next stage of my life. A time of change and transition, an opportunity for a new adventure..."
[url="federationstory.com/gareth-bale-announces-retirement-from-club-and-international-football-in-statement/"]federationstory.com/gareth-bale-announces-retirement-from-club-and-international-football-in-statement/[/url]

Re: Gareth Bale Announces Retirement From Club And International Football by bewla(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Gareth Bale Announces Retirement From Club And International Football by immanuelsize: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
He is too young to retire from club. Unless it was a medical related issue. Anyway, best of luck to his next career.
Re: Gareth Bale Announces Retirement From Club And International Football by Samunique(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
And some bad Belle people are mocking Ronaldo who's still playing @38.

See life o !

Meanwhile congrats to Bale, you've paid your dues !!

If Bale was a Nigerian, they will say he cheated with his age, retiring at 33.

In fact, it's Nigerians that will be first to crucify him.

We hate ourselves in this country no be small o.

All our sports journalists are white ass lickers. undecided

(1) (Reply)

EFL Cup:Manchester United Vs Charlton at 9PM / Outfielder Corey Dickerson, Nationals Agree To Deal For 2023 / Man Utd Reach Semis After Dumping Charlton Out Of Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.