Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (19970 Views)

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN / Deadline Remains January 31 For Old Naira Notes — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 2:05am On Jan 10, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

My brother, no mama or baba way no get person way go help am save money for bank, make I gist you how this thing day work.

Farmer way day operate millions way day interior village get account for city after buiz them go leave site come town with bako bag way money day inside come deposit and only leave the one way family need for house. Farm buiz na watin I know very well.

And travel to the city to withdraw again when dem wan plant?

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Galadimabawa: 2:37am On Jan 10, 2023
habsydiamond:
These people sha.. no extention and the currencies never circulate.. na only politician all these their policy dey favour.. these people lack proper planning.. New currencies are can not go round as at now and u want to put a stop to the old ones. Make una continue o

honestly I haven't set my sight on even one of those new note talkless of feeling it.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by James91: 2:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Dailymice:
You're a big fool if you're a Christian supporting Muslim Muslim ticket. Hope Ganduje's video exposing how they want a Jihad against Christians convinces you.

Mumu Tinubu Christian supporters
see them here

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:58am On Jan 10, 2023
Kenmatt:

You don't know what you are typing.

Even Point Of Sale attendant can credit your account and collect your cash.
I don't have an account.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 10, 2023
You will still need to compulsory extend it few months more because me I no dey see new notes o

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:20am On Jan 10, 2023
Kenmatt:

You don't know what you are typing.

Even Point Of Sale attendant can credit your account and collect your cash.

Nonsense

I have no account

Furk the day I was born in Nigeria
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:22am On Jan 10, 2023
Luckysbab:

And travel to the city to withdraw again when dem wan plant?

It's all nonsense.... I tell you.

The CBN is adding to nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Hallynice(m): 4:12am On Jan 10, 2023
Am disappointed dat they later got u brainwashed
Dailymice:
You're a big fool if you're a Christian supporting Muslim Muslim ticket. Hope Ganduje's video exposing how they want a Jihad against Christians convinces you.

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by darthv: 4:22am On Jan 10, 2023
Dailymice:

link
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by VEHINTOLAR: 4:45am On Jan 10, 2023
Exactly the way to treat a group of people who are too docile and cowardly to stand up and fight when they are being pushed around by some few wicked individuals in the name of government ! Can you imagine that,you are threatening to take the old bills off circulation in a few days time when you have not been able to supply,adequately or replace these old bills with the new ones ! As usual,gullible and highly docile Nigerians are ready to suffer for the crass inefficiency of some few individuals in power without asking a question or raising their voices ! A litre of petrol is M500 now in most places in Nigeria yet,the suffering and smiling gullible Nigerians are buying it without any protest ! Shior,una mumu neva do Nigerians ?

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Sleekfingers: 5:02am On Jan 10, 2023
lOXOl:
New money is not readily available shocked hope the banks will be able to attend to the multitude come 31

Banks self get the money?
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Parachoko: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

My brother, no mama or baba way no get person way go help am save money for bank, make I gist you how this thing day work.

Farmer way day operate millions way day interior village get account for city after buiz them go leave site come town with bako bag way money day inside come deposit and only leave the one way family need for house. Farm buiz na watin I know very well.
You're ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by obailala(m): 5:49am On Jan 10, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

It's been circulating here in Abuja though, since it's release.
Maybe they will ban the old notes only on Abuja then...
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by MrBroke(m): 5:58am On Jan 10, 2023
Luckysbab:

Food/agro commodities mainly come from the rural localities. They don't accept anything different from cash. If I go and buy a trailer of Maize, at the cost of around 6 million, the new withdrawal limit means I have to pay extra 180k or so as PUNISHMENT for requesting for my own money.

Will I not factor in the unnecessary cost into fixing my selling price?

Things change and new policies do come in time to time, it's not like cbn is stealing anyone's money, just go and deposit your old naira notes and get the figure in your account and get use to the cashless policy, what is the big deal that you guys want to shake the whole country over cashless policy that is a very good initiative. Only politicians should be complaining. We would still have 100 and 50 naira notes in circulation and the few new naira notes that will be available. We have ussd, mobile transfer, and qr code payment, the world is evolving we should too
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by duality(m): 5:59am On Jan 10, 2023
Abi this man print new naira notes give APC to rig elections?

Because we're not seeing the new naira notes.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by maasoap(m): 6:16am On Jan 10, 2023
Shalommy:
DSS/EFCC will come for this man again. Chaii

You're joking but I won't blame DSS if they go for him. They claimed that they used billions of naira to print new notes but we're not seeing it in circulation.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by NoToPile: 6:19am On Jan 10, 2023
MrBroke:

Things change and new policies do come in time to time, it's not like cbn is stealing anyone's money, just go and deposit your old naira notes and get the figure in your account and get use to the cashless policy, what is the big deal that you guys want to shake the whole country over cashless policy that is a very good initiative. Only politicians should be complaining. We would still have 100 and 50 naira notes in circulation and the few new naira notes that will be available. We have ussd, mobile transfer, and qr code payment, the world is evolving we should too

You keep saying cashless policy, the person you quoted has a valid point besides will I make a transfer to a woman selling pure water, conductor nko, the pepper seller, market women. Or should we be carrying 100naira notes up and down which will even become scarce if they withdraw the higher currencies.

This is not even in circulation yet, I touched the 1k once, I have seen the 1k twice I have not even seen other currencies at all.

As long as these new notes are not yet flowing in the hands of the common people and those listed above, (I. E market women) it is not yet in circulation and this deadline is DOA.

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by maasoap(m): 6:20am On Jan 10, 2023
MrBroke:

Wetin concern rural people with cashless policy. You don't deal with them, that's why you are saying this. Like the person you quoted said, the prices of goods and services will go up again because people will still be forced to use extra money to obtain cash for business transactions most especially in rural areas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by asksafe(m): 6:22am On Jan 10, 2023
This CBN man don mad and their madness go kill them soonest
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:23am On Jan 10, 2023
Offpoint1:

Which part of 'CASH_LESS' policy you don't understand?

The plan was for hard currency to be scrapped out circulation.

You people don't understand that January 31 is not a viable deadline.

The country is massive, and yet I am certain CBN has not even taken any sensitization program on cashless policy to many rural areas in Nigeria.

MTN, the largest network provider in Nigeria covers just about 60% of the country, and we all know that you need internet or network signal for cashless policy.

We still need physical cash for now, and January 31 for phasing out the old naira is not realistic at all, especially considering that the new notes are extremely scarce.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Offpoint1: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You people don't understand that January 31 is not a viable deadline.

The country is massive, and yet I am certain CBN has not even taken any sensitization program on cashless policy to many rural areas in Nigeria.

MTN, the largest network provider in Nigeria covers just about 60% of the country, and we all know that you need internet or network signal for cashless policy.

We still need physical cash for now, and January 31 for phasing out the old naira is not realistic at all, especially considering that the new notes are extremely scarce.
Change is constant, either you adapt or natural selection take its course.

The release notes and those to be released before the deadline will be enough to circulate to the rural areas without network.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by jerrysayo(m): 6:36am On Jan 10, 2023
Then bank should stop issuing it out. We joke alot in this country
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2023
Offpoint1:

Change is constant, either you adapt or natural selection take its course.

The release notes and those to be released before the deadline will be enough to circulate to the rural areas without network.

Continue deceiving yourself.

Change is constant, but it has to be realistic. It has to be viable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by pagorino(m): 6:56am On Jan 10, 2023
Is this man in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by leketon: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2023
Dailymice:

The topic is on currency not politics please always stay the track... Thanks!
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Paretomaster1(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2023
Very useless people... No extension, yet ATM is still dispensing old notes...
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Deoo1125: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2023
For the first time in the history of election in this country wey una go get a major president candidate una sense of reasoning fanished.

Kenneth10110:

CBN gave the deadline warning since when.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 8:02am On Jan 10, 2023
MrBroke:

I'm sorry you miss the point.

What efforts is the CBN making to create the enabling environment? Are they willing to go the extra mile to do the groundwork of going across the length and breadth of the nation to convince those without media access to buy into the initiative?

It's not everything that works in other nations that will just work here, without factoring in the unique environmental factors here.

Many of the local farmers and agro commodities traders do not accept anything different from cash. Is it my duty to preach the gospel of the cashless whatever to them or that of the authorities?

Even many in the city do not accept bank transfers cos of the rampant incidents of "fake alert". What are the orientation measures put in place?

It's narrow mindedness that will make one think it's only politicians that have a need for heavy cash.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 8:03am On Jan 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Continue deceiving yourself.

Change is constant, but it has to be realistic. It has to be viable.

This is the core of the matter.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Bombolistic: 8:14am On Jan 10, 2023
It's only the politicians that has the new notes. I've not seen one since released
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by tonyshine01: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2023
Nice one CBN.
Stand your ground, no going back.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by MrBroke(m): 8:31am On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=Luckysbab post=119888179]

I'm sorry you miss the point.

What efforts is the CBN making to create the enabling environment? Are they willing to go the extra mile to do the groundwork of going across the length and breadth of the nation to convince those without media access to buy into the initiative?

It's not everything that works in other nations that will just work here, without factoring in the unique environmental factors here.

Many of the local farmers and agro commodities traders do not accept anything different from cash. Is it my duty to preach the gospel of the cashless whatever to them or that of the authorities?

Is that the government's fault, let them accept then, you think every policy doesn't affect some certain persons at first, people with time adjust, when ATM cards were introduced it was also like this. What is the disadvantages of them accepting the cashless policy and the advantages of them not accepting, tell me. Funny enough it is not even a 100% cashless policy so I wonder why you guys keep complaining. The World is evolving, it doesn't stay stationery. You can't expect to be at a thing forever, changes will come and people will adapt and the process will continue. Cashless policy is of more good than bad. If you guys like keep saying whatever you like. We all have opinions but the truth is the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Group Sponsors Nigerians To India To Understudy Refinery Operations / CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges / Okpella Mining Site: BUA Group Tells Dangote To Respect The Judicial Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.