Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Can U Forgive your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U Forgive your Father? (1674 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant? / Guys, If U Discovered One Of Ur Kids Is Illegitimate, Wud U Forgive Ur Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Forgive your Father? by Bismilah: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2011
His father lured him to contest election, forced him to resign in his place of work, they lost in the race. His father forcefully sent him and his wife out of the appartment given to him by his father. His father claimed that he had a big loss financially in the contested election, so he said he needed to recover by renting out his son's appartment given to him in the past. Can one forgive this father? REPLY NEEDED FROM MEMBERS IN THIS THREAD.
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Smilenw(f): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2011
I do not know if one can hold grudges against one's parents.We owe our life to them. If the flat belongs to his dad, then he ought to obey what the man has to say. Wouldn't he have to leave the flat even if he had a different landlord, now that he has no job to pay his rent ? The father however was mean in throwing them out of the flat. He may not gain anything in particular by keeping a grudge against his father.The son has to wake up to the fact that what isn't yours can never be yours. Lesson learnt, in a painful way though.
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by NnamdiN: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^I owe my life to nobody but God, I didnt beg anybody to bring me into dis world,I cud even sue dem 4 bringing me here without my permission lol, Back to topic, I think d dude was very stuuupid to allow his old boy to force him to resign n contest 4 d said elections.
Which election are u on about sef?

1 Like

Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Outstrip(f): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2011
How can his father force him to quit his job. He failed himself. His father did not fail him. If he did not want to run for office then he shouldn't have. NO is still a word in the english language. he should have simply said no I am not interested in running for office.
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Russialane(m): 12:04am On Sep 05, 2011
sad
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Sissy3(f): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2011
he shouldnt be angry with his father na. after-all, he was an equally participatant in the decisions taken-by agreeing to do all things he was told without any objection. just because there are your parents doesnt mean you blindly say 'amen' to everything you are told, you are also an individual with an opinion that must be expressed
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Bismilah: 4:53am On Sep 05, 2011
What if the boy had won the election? Do you think the father will take back the flat from his boy? Now the boy has the greatest loss, no house for him and his wife, no job(after his dad forced him to resign), no money to rent another flat for himself,
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by nsodo: 6:01am On Sep 05, 2011
Forgiveness is every ones virtual i personally i do because he does that for you're own good because many of us fail to think when we are with our parents and became lazy because they give us a lot of benefits. Even the bible is clear on this because it is written that a man shall leave his father and mother and join up with his wife and become one which means we have to leave our homes and be independent.
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Bestglo(f): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
you got me there, just wanted to ask what he was still doing in his father's house with wife and children
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by nassiwa: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2011
Its better you forgive him and start a new life some where else and never allow him to influence your life in any way.
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by Iranoladun(f): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2011
I don't think the word 'forced' is relevant here. We are talking about a man with a wife; its more of the dad influenced him. It is his call though.

Life is all about taking decision and living with the consequence whether right or wrong, good or bad.

Your friend need to grow up and grow some balls. He has become too complacent under his father tutelage and roof. He and his wife needs to look for a job ASAP

To me his priority is get a temp accomodation, get a job

Then may be he may be in a position to consider forgiving his dad or not
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by moremi2008(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2012
I know someone who something very similar happened to. First, his father convinced him to quit his job in London to come to naija to chase contracts promised him by friends in Abuja. When that flopped, his father convinced him to run for elections (he lost). Now he is broke and completely dependent on his Dad and his fiancée broke up with him and moved back to the US. The poor dude is a complete wreck. I just feel sorry for him and his old Pa.
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by kpolli(m): 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
Smilenw:

I do not know if one can hold grudges against one's parents.We owe our life to them. If the flat belongs to his dad, then he ought to obey what the man has to say. Wouldn't he have to leave the flat even if he had a different landlord, now that he has no job to pay his rent ? The father however was mean in throwing them out of the flat. He may not gain anything in particular by keeping a grudge against his father.The son has to wake up to the fact that what isn't yours can never be yours. Lesson learnt, in a painful way though.

Reason why a lot of ppl end up in bad marriages or are failures. . . . u owe nobody anything. . . . they brought u into this world doesn't give them the rite to dictate ur every move. . . . They are to train n guard u, not control u

1 Like

Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by dealordea(m): 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
What is wrong with our people?? Your parent forced you to make decision that will later affect you in life of which you saw it coming clearly!! I hate to fool people but who is fooling who?? The guy in topic is a big thief!! Now he got what he bargain for and he need not to blame is dad for what happen! Peace out
Re: Can U Forgive your Father? by tpia5: 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
Has your father offended you?

@ topic.

(1) (Reply)

Is Age Really Relevant? / You Called My Mama A Ho And I Will Divorce You For That / My Wife Doesn't Chat With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.