Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks (2284 Views)

As Russia Wages War, US Army Trains Officers On Gender Identity(Pics) / Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital / America's B-52 Long-Range Bombers Arrive In UK As Russia Tensions Remain High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by lhordspy: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
‘This is what madness looks like" - Zelensky cries out as Russian troops alongside soldiers from the Wagner Group steps up attacks in Eastern Ukraine.

* As UK Ministry of Defence comfirms Russia are likely in control of most of the settlements in Soledar in part of an effort to encircle Bakhmurt.
https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1612694721729646593?t=ea7KLO4725koXQj483eL8Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1612694981512151041?t=7vCwoIJ_dNxc1dDMm3oe9A&s=19
Russian forces are escalating their onslaught against Ukrainian positions around the wrecked eastern city of Bakhmut, Ukrainian officials said, bringing new levels of death and devastation in the months-long conflict.

“Everything is completely destroyed, there is almost no life left,” Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky said of the scene around Bakhmut and the nearby town of Soledar.

Deputy defence minister Hanna Malyar said Russia has thrown “a large number of storm groups” into the battle.

Russian troops alongside soldiers from the Wagner Group, a Russian private military contractor, have advanced in recent days in Soledar and “are likely in control of most of the settlement”, the UK’s Ministry of Defence tweeted.

It said that taking Soledar, six miles north of Bakhmut, is likely Moscow’s immediate military objective and part of a strategy to encircle Bakhmut.

But it added that “Ukrainian forces maintain stable defensive lines in depth and control over supply routes” in the area.

An exceptional feature of the fighting near Bakhmut is that some of it has been around entrances to disused salt mine tunnels which run for 120 miles underneath the area, the British intelligence report noted.

Russia’s grinding eastern offensive captured almost all of Luhansk during the summer. Donetsk escaped the same fate and the Russian military subsequently poured manpower and resources around Bakhmut.

After Ukrainian forces recaptured the southern city of Kherson last November, the battle heated up around Bakhmut.

Taking Bakhmut would disrupt Ukraine’s supply lines and open a route for Russian forces to press on toward Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, key Ukrainian strongholds in Donetsk.

Like Mariupol and other contested cities, Bakhmut has endured a long siege, spending weeks without water and power even before Moscow launched massive strikes to take out public utilities across Ukraine.

The Donetsk region’s governor, Pavlo Kyrylenko, estimated more than two months ago that 90% of Bakhmut’s pre-war population of over 70,000 had fled since Moscow focused on seizing the entire Donbas.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-41044925.html
Mynd44 nlfpmod

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by lhordspy: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
I think we are about to have a Mariupol 2.0 in the case of this Bakhmurt.

Ukranian soldiers better run out of the region now before it is too late. Once Russia encircle them, the missile pounding will start just like in Azovstal steel plant, Mariupol.

The only thing is that i dont think Russia will accept any form of Surrender from Ukraine troops this time.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Babaken(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ukraine allow themselves to be use by NATO and western now their are receiving the hit.

8 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Pierocash(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Op stop posting this, FERNANDEZISBACK won't agree with you.

Ukraine is winning according to him

9 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by saxywale2: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
The War is almost one year old. February 19th, 2023 is the anniversary.

From I can take Kyiv in 2 weeks if I want.

1 Like

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
Nobody wins in a war. Both Russia and Ukraine have lost this war
The number of lives lost all because two idiots who aren't ready to put thier ego down can't be counted

7 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by opamoses1: 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
NPFLADMIN:
The number of lives lost all because two idiots who aren't ready to put thier ego down can't be counted
100 percent in agreement.

1 Like

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by DerrickzB: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
People thought what they saw last year was Russia actually in action, no wonder Putin said they hadn’t even started anything!! The tempo is rising and ukrops are crying already!!

Meanwhile bahkmut is almost encircled as only route leads out of soledar and it is even under Russia artillery range!!

Ndi Ukraine is wining, una go do this thing grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by okeysoninv: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
you can see where the holy Spirit said in coming weeks the war will intensify. is coming to pass . Amen.

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by bassdow: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
saxywale2:

1 Like

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by bassdow: 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
NPFLADMIN:
The number of lives lost all because two idiots who aren't ready to put their ego down can't be counted

Guess you haven't been in position to make decisions.

There was agreement signed since 2014 but Ukraine + the WEST went against it.

If you're a LandLord and the owner of the next compound keeps encroaching onto your own land, how long would you keep mute before doing something about it, especially since you have tried all gentle ways to put and end to it.

It's very clear Ukraine is taking so much more heat than Russia is. Despite all the Truths the WEST tells us, they said the recent attack that killed 89 soldiers (as claimed by Russia) is one of the biggest devastating hits Russia has gotten since start of this conflict. Seems the WEST don't keep track of their Truths.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by NPFLADMIN(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2023
bassdow:

Guess you haven't been in position to make decisions.

There was agreement signed since 2014 but Ukraine + the WEST went against it.

If you're a LandLord and the owner of the next compound keeps encroaching onto your own land, how long would you keep mute before doing something about it, especially since you have tried all gentle ways to put and end to it.

It's very clear Ukraine is taking so much more heat than Russia is. Despite all the Truths the WEST tells us, they said the recent attack that killed 89 soldiers (as claimed by Russia) is one of the biggest devastating hits Russia has gotten since start of this conflict. Seems the WEST don't keep track of their Truths.
So the only solution is to kill millions of pfople0who don't give a shit abt d war?
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by kollinz1234(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
lhordspy:

Ukranian soldiers better run out of the region now before it is too late. Once Russia encircle them, the missile pounding will start just like in Azovstal steel plant, Mariupol.

The only thing is that i dont think Russia will accept any form of Surrender from Ukraine troops this time.

Russia has still not won the war?
Bakhmut with a pre-war population of just 70,000 population is taking a 2nd or 3rd most powerful nation on earth two months to take

My friend, your blind devotion to the mad king (Putin) is underestimating your thinking capabilities

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Gadafii: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
lhordspy:

Residential chief urchin, leave Ukraine and Russia, Dem go dey alright, we are waiting for you to creat threads explaining tilimbu recent gaffes, Abi work don dey tire you

U never see anything, you go translate and explain you go tire grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by talk2hb1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
kollinz1234:
Bakhmut with a pre-war population of just 70,000 population is taking a 2nd or 3rd most powerful nation on earth two months to take

My friend, your blind devotion to the mad king (Putin) is underestimating your thinking capabilities
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Krak(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Pierocash:
Op stop posting this, FERNANDEZISBACK won't agree with you.

Ukraine is winning according to him

Nobody is winning the war. Both sides are just killing themselves and dying needlessly. It is a very senselesss and useless conflict. But if I have to apportion blame to any party, I will give more blame to the invading party for starting something which they do not know the end. That is my own view and it does not mean that I support any of the sides.

1 Like

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by lecowas: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
Many parts of Ukraine have been decimated and even Russians are fleeing their country for Dubai. It will be absolutely ridiculous for anyone to think a party is winning right now.

The fact that Russia turned to Iran for weapons and deployment of "non willing reservist" speaks volume.

The Arab nations supporting Putin are now seeing him for how desperate he can go to achieve his dreams. Once Iran lays its hands on Russian hypersonic technology, Then non of them will be spared.

1 Like

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Felabrity: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
Make una carry una wahala go

Na new year be this
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by DerrickzB: 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2023
kollinz1234:

From 2014-2022 is how many years?? That’s how long NATO spearheaded by america has been training and arming Ukraine!!! You should realize how much lands Ukraine has lost to russia and how many soldiers they have lost!!

And just so you know, Russia didn’t declare war, it’s a SMO!! 10% or less of Russia military might is combating the whole Ukraine’s army, thousands of mercenaries, and NATO!!!

If after this you still argue that Russia is weak, continue!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Vl3ly: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
Wagner

1 Like

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Vl3ly: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
Soledar is almost encircled

Wagner are also during well in bakmut

Soledar has been captured with prisoner of war

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by bassdow: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
NPFLADMIN:

So the only solution is to kill millions of pfople0who don't give a shit abt d war?

If you come down from a bus, and the conductor refuses to give you your change (money), would you insist on collecting your money thereby DeLaying other Passengers, OR would you just leave the money for the Conductor, so as not to deLay other Passengers ?
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by bassdow: 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
DerrickzB:

From 2014-2022 is how many years?? That’s how long NATO spearheaded by america has been training and arming Ukraine!!! You should realize how much lands Ukraine has lost to russia and how many soldiers they have lost!!

And just so you know, Russia didn’t declare war, it’s a SMO!! 10% or less of Russia military might is combating the whole Ukraine’s army, thousands of mercenaries, and NATO!!!

To make matters worse, Russia wasn't even prepared for any of this. reason many of us thought they would have given up.

But for Putin to say NATO & the WEST helping Ukraine would not change the outCome, but only prolong the conflict made me realize either Putin was just speaking, or was super sure of themselves.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by bassdow: 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
lecowas:
Many parts of Ukraine have been decimated and even Russians are fleeing their country for Dubai. It will be absolutely ridiculous for anyone to think a party is winning right now.

The fact that Russia turned to Iran for weapons and deployment of "non willing reservist" speaks volume.

The Arab nations supporting Putin are now seeing him for how desperate he can go to achieve his dreams. Once Iran lays its hands on Russian hypersonic technology, Then non of them will be spared.

Wonder where you got this information of yours.

Russia never begged for weapons. Hopefully you're aware Russia is probably the (2nd) Largest Weapons manufacturer and trader in the entire world.

Yea they might have imported Drones from Iran (even US imports somethings) but even Russia have repeated said the last Drones they imported was way before the start of this conflict.

And recently, even Russia has added Drones to list of things they manufacture .

Abeg if una dey spread una truths, abeg make una remember say no be dummy other people be.

Once again, if USA + EU + NATO with all their might + resources can't directly attack Russia, e get Y

7 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by HornyTave1: 12:34am On Jan 11, 2023
there are many battles in a war. but there is a defining battle that changes the course of the war
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Regex: 12:43am On Jan 11, 2023
saxywale2:

Na you weh no understand the English. He said "I can take Kyiv if I want" and not "I will take Kyiv", English weh your masters teach you still you no learn.

5 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by lecowas: 12:45am On Jan 11, 2023
bassdow:

Wonder where you got this information of yours.

Russia never begged for weapons. Hopefully you're aware Russia is either the (2nd) Largest Weapons manufacturer and trader in the entire world.

Yea they might have imported Drones from Iran (even US imports somethings) but even Russia have repeated said the last Drones they imported was way before the start of this conflict.

And recently, even Russia has added Drones to list of things they manufacture .

Abeg if una dey spread una truths, abeg make una remember say no be dummy other people be.

Once again, if USA + EU + NATO with all their might + resources can't directly attack Russia, e get Y

Yeah I say it again, they bought drones at a very high intelligence cost. Iran will be highly strengthened in terms of military after the trade has been fully completed. They had good trades with the NK short fat dictator also

I'm surprised you are the only one who doesn't know the wonders and damage the drones did in Ukraine when it was initially deployed

Russia ordered for more because it's not feasible and totally unreasonable for Ukraine to shoot each suicide drone that costs only $20k with a $1m missile.

The war will end this year. Russia cannot sustain this war for another one year. Russia is over exaggerated IMO
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by DerrickzB: 12:53am On Jan 11, 2023
bassdow:

To make matters worse, Russia wasn't even prepared for any of this. reason many of us thought they would have given up.

But for Putin to say NATO & the WEST helping Ukraine would not change the outCome, but only prolong the conflict made me realize either Putin was just speaking, or was super sure of themselves.

It goes a long way to show Russia isn’t to be messed with!! Imagine if Russia had been preparing since 2014, building its armies and producing weapons in mass?? Ukraine would have been levels down by now!!

3 Likes

Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Karnice600: 2:41am On Jan 11, 2023
NPFLADMIN:
You talk of ego and you mention Zelensky? Do you know the meaning of ego? Can you tell what heritage is?
Would you willingly give 2 out of your 5 sons to an intruder as a leader and father, because you want peace for the whole family?
Whosoever lacks wisdom should humbly ask his maker for some. Add this to your prayer points this new year, for the good of our collective existence as a nation. Very important.
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Karnice600: 2:51am On Jan 11, 2023
DerrickzB:

Clown.
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Karnice600: 2:52am On Jan 11, 2023
DerrickzB:

Clown.
Which school you say you go sef?
Better go and get your school fees back.
Never seen a worst service to humanity than this.
Re: ‘This Is What Madness Looks Like’ -Zelensky Cries Out As Russia Steps Up Attacks by Karnice600: 2:59am On Jan 11, 2023
Regex:

Na you weh no understand the English. He said "I can take Kyiv if I want" and not "I will take Kyiv", English weh your masters teach you still you no learn.

Shut up na.
Must you talk?
Cho cho cho cho...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Libya Under Gaddafi / Putin:This Is How To Eat With Your Enemies(photos) / Nato Masses 30k Troops & 50 Warships For Huge War Games Near Russia's Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.