Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,403 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Advice To Every UK Japa Crew - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice To Every UK Japa Crew (57800 Views)

How To Apply For German Schengen Visa Application Japa Crew / Canada Based Nigerian Warns 'JAPA' Crew: Pictures Video / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Soknown: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
coconat:
Pls how about someone who is technically sound in fixing phones and laptops? Any hope for such an individual? If the services of technicians are needed as such, na to remain for naija dey hustle na. God dey...
I don't know if anyone has answered your question. Yes, such skills may come handy but most people especially the citizens don't repair gadgets. They'd rather trade faulty gadgets for a new one since there is insurance for almost everything. There is insurance for phones, televisions, microwave ovens, blenders, watches, necklace, printers, laptops, desk tops. You name it.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Soknown: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
wayodude:

shocked

The level of delusion here is alarming.

He is chasing clout, no doubt.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by TinaJoe(f): 5:42am On Jan 31, 2023
Soknown:

I don't know if anyone has answered your question. Yes, such skills may come handy but most people especially the citizens don't repair gadgets. They'd rather trade faulty gadgets for a new one since there is insurance for almost everything. There is insurance for phones, televisions, microwave ovens, blenders, watches, necklace, printers, laptops, desk tops. You name it.

Wow ....now I know the reason why Africans especially Nigerians will travel abroad,pack all those faulty electronics, repair them and still resell it as brand new.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Kobicove(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
ogawisdom:

Wow

This is interesting

This is worth it by far

I don't know why Nigerians in UK has launched a campaign to discourage ppl from coming.

Most people in Nigeria earning over 500k monthly can't save 28m in 20 years self

Imagine if the couple can save 1500 to 2000 monthly?

You made it sound so easy to achieve.

I pity anyone who will emigrate to the UK based solely on the misinformation you put here undecided
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 6:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
Please Boss, can you share more insight of these jobs that your friend got?

dupyshoo:
I agree, the generalisation is concerning.
As some people are struggling with menial jobs, a friend that is a student visa dependant got 2 jobs with salaries between 50k-60k within 2 months of getting to the UK. If you have transferable professional experience, you have huge potential here.

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by dupyshoo: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
It is in IT, cybersecurity to be precise.
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
Please Boss, can you share more insight of these jobs that your friend got?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 9:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
dupyshoo:
It is in IT, cybersecurity to be precise.

Oh, I see. That's a selling profession.

Sir, I need your opinion on something. So there is this training program on data analytics which I'm about to enrol here in the UK. Enrolment fee is $250. But the tution is £11,500 which is termed "Deferred Tuition", this means you are not expected to pay the tuition until you get a job that will pay you £25k and above annually.

The training team will assist you in getting a job and also coach you on how to pass interviews. They will also refer you to companies for data or business analyst roles. Once you get a job, then the student starts paying the tution monthly until it complete the fees.

I've been thinking about this. It sounds like a good deal. Being a student and a recent migrant in the UK, I don't know if such offer are really possible in the UK.

What is your opinion on this?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by dupyshoo: 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
The £11500 is so much. What will they be teaching? The good thing about it is that ypu are only paying £250 and they are promising you job. You howevwre need to review their terms and conditions very well for any small prints. Also look for reviews from people that have gone through the programme.

Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

Oh, I see. That's a selling profession.

Sir, I need your opinion on something. So there is this training program on data analytics which I'm about to enrol here in the UK. Enrolment fee is $250. But the tution is £11,500 which is termed "Deferred Tuition", this means you are not expected to pay the tuition until you get a job that will pay you £25k and above annually.

The training team will assist you in getting a job and also coach you on how to pass interviews. They will also refer you to companies for data or business analyst roles. Once you get a job, then the student starts paying the tution monthly until it complete the fees.

I've been thinking about this. It sounds like a good deal. Being a student and a recent migrant in the UK, I don't know if such offer are really possible in the UK.

What is your opinion on this?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 7:24pm On Feb 18, 2023
Thank you Boss.

dupyshoo:
The £11500 is so much. What will they be teaching? The good thing about it is that ypu are only paying £250 and they are promising you job. You howevwre need to review their terms and conditions very well for any small prints. Also look for reviews from people that have gone through the programme.

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by MT: 11:02am On Mar 12, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
this how una they mislead people where is the tuition fees balance ? if 10,000 ? Where is the 700 x 2 psw visa fees ? Where is the ihs fees ? then where the over 7m Naira una take enter in the first place !.

You are quite apt and intelligent.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by MT: 11:06am On Mar 12, 2023
UK is looking for professionals who can hit the ground running. They are not looking for a student that wants to do internship or because you have first class and you cannot ace your interview.

You will compete with other professionals across the world. There are many that study computer science, graduate and are now carers because they cannot work at a professional level.

Don't be deceived by UK is looking for professionals, they are looking for Professionals that can make instant impact at professional level.

Do not forget that their own children too are struggling to get jobs after graduating from universities and they stand better chance than you because of their accent.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by MT: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2023
dupyshoo:
I agree, the generalisation is concerning.
As some people are struggling with menial jobs, a friend that is a student visa dependant got 2 jobs with salaries between 50k-60k within 2 months of getting to the UK. If you have transferable professional experience, you have huge potential here.

It seems a good salary but still average by the time the taxes are done. Then the second job will be heavily taxed. Especially if both are permanent jobs but being done remotely, the second job is not worth it as the tax will be heavy. And consider switching your brain to work on different projects from different organisation, it is never healthy. It will tell on the health in the future.

I agree with your that transferable professional experience is cool though, and if that can give you the 6-digit figure, then that is the best.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by MT: 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
AreaFada2:

Gbam!
It takes an average of about £100k plus to raise a child up to 18 years old. Some think that peanut child benefit is enough to raise a child. cheesy grin
What you spend on a child here in one year only, we didn't cost our parents that much to raise to 18 years.

In any case, what quality of life can you give your kids relying on benefits? Imagine not able to take your kids on holiday at least once a year in this 21st century in the West? Because they are too many.

So oyinbo, aside chavs, plan their family carefully.

I wish I could hug you.

You said all the right thing. Most people talking here are living below the poverty line in the UK.

I cannot say because I have children, I wont live a better life in this one life I come. You work , earn salary but your salary cannot even make you enjoy the goodies in the UK.

You cannot travel to see the world, you cannot eat in the best of restaurant, you cant go to cinema, you cant go to theatre as you consider all these surplus to requirements. You only want to be building that house in Nigeria which in the next few years will go out of vogue.

Even the kids you are hiding behind, you cannot even expose them to good stuffs that UK has to offer. Then, what is the point of slaving away?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Olmd(m): 6:44pm On May 31, 2023
Gips:
What I know for sure is that once Nigeria get it right and God Bless us with good leaders. All this foreign countries will suffer. They will be begging African countries to come and work even for FREE Visa... May God bless us with Good leader come 2023. Amen...
How can I travel to Uk or any European countries by road smoothly pls ?
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by cristopher11: 8:54am On May 06
For years, Top Paragon Resources (TPR) has been providing reliable at the most affordable prices. Proudly, we are amongst the best networking equipment suppliers as we deliver quality network hardware devices, ensure fast deliveries, and deal in networking equipment from top manufacturers. We deal in networking equipment from Cisco, Huawei, Juniper, Aruba, and Fortinet.

https://topparagonresource.com/

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) / "Ambode Fix Ekins-Okejra Addo Road – Ajah" Pasted On A Keke Napep In Lagos / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.