Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Nigeria's Abysmal Performance At Daegu 2011 World Championships. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Abysmal Performance At Daegu 2011 World Championships. (720 Views)

Valencia In Relegation Battle As Gary Neville's Abysmal Failure Continues. / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Brazil's Abysmal Performance At The Latter Stages Of The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Abysmal Performance At Daegu 2011 World Championships. by Princek12(m): 12:45am On Sep 05, 2011
Jamaica is a nation of barely 3m people, yet it has competed and won many medals in the track events at the Daegu championships. Nigeria on the other hand is a nation of over 150m people, yet it is struggling to win one single medal in any track event.

USA has always performed well in track and field competitions.

Why is Nigeria so disappointing at track and field competitions. Are you telling me we cannot find our own Usain Bolt or runners to at least consistently win medals in these competitions.

Maybe I am missing something, but I rarely saw a Nigerian athlete compete in the finals of any track event in Daegu. And even when they do compete in the final, they are usually second to the last or last (arunpo). When will this mediocrity stop?

But why?

(1) (Reply)

Pick Winners,play For Free,win Real Cash / Can Usain Bolt Go Beyond His 9.58 Seconds Record At The Olympics? / Lagos Sport Festiva + Do U Know How I Can Join D Lagos Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.