Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. (701 Views)

I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by edunaragold(f): 10:53am On Jan 12, 2023
Good morning Nairaland, i hope our today is going perfectly well.

I have noticed recently that lagosian dont marry on time,unlike the north were things are cheap,and non stressful, i mean lagos is populated just like new York the city that never sleeps,and lagos the city of hustle and bustle.,

I have seen several lagosian of age 40-45yrs still single,and still hustling,and few % are called single mom or dad, i left lagos to the north because i believe if lagos dose not work our for me,i should try relocating and hustling in another state, lagosians ,are pure hustlers,and i too was like that until i got a job in the North,things are bit diff from lagos,a journey of 20 mins bus is 20mins,unlike lagos were hold ups are much,
If i was in Lagos still hustling ,and am sure i may never have settle down,i deceided to remain here in the north,because life here is much cheaper than lagos,u can marry cheap here, renting a house is also cheap,not to talk of transportation fair,from iyana-ipaja to dumpemu round about is like,100naira,if it was in north here,on same distance it will cost you,a charges of 400naira,

My point is that due to the hardships in lagos, most people dont settle down on time.in north here a boy or a girl of 20yrs old may have being married or have one or two kids,but many of them are struggling or suffering with no hope of giving the kids a better education, often an average northerner live on labouring jobs.
Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by sageb: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2023
edunaragold:
Good morning Nairaland, i hope our today is going perfectly well.

I have noticed recently that lagosian dont marry on time,unlike the north were things are cheap,and non stressful, i mean lagos is populated just like new York the city that never sleeps,and lagos the city of hustle and bustle.,

I have seen several lagosian of age 40-45yrs still single,and still hustling,and few % are called single mom or dad, i left lagos to the north because i believe if lagos dose not work our for me,i should try relocating and hustling in another state, lagosians ,are pure hustlers,and i too was like that until i got a job in the North,things are bit diff from lagos,a journey of 20 mins bus is 20mins,unlike lagos were hold ups are much,
If i was in Lagos still hustling ,and am sure i may never have settle down,i deceided to remain here in the north,because life here is much cheaper than lagos,u can marry cheap here, renting a house is also cheap,not to talk of transportation fair,from iyana-ipaja to dumpemu round about is like,100naira,if it was in north here,on same distance it will cost you,a charges of 400naira,

My point is that due to the hardships in lagos, most people dont settle down on time.in north here a boy or a girl of 20yrs old may have being married or have one or two kids,but many of them are struggling or suffering with no hope of giving the kids a better education, often an average northerner live on labouring jobs.

Lagos hustle ain't a easy thing
Anyway, Eko no. baje

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Grape1: 11:15am On Jan 12, 2023
OP e b like say I go do like you oo.

Seriously it's tiring. Don't even know what I'm doing here even though I work remotely.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by YeyeGbami: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2023
Eko wengele.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Smallxixi(f): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
This your write up is giving me headache. I had to read and reread to get your point

4 Likes

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by ibechris(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
If I tell u my story u will be surprised and shock how I was bale to get to where I am today.

I used to say it here without mincing words that most Lagosians are suffering. Some would tell u that no city like Lagos,yes agree,but it all depends on which they meant.

However,when I relocated to another state it was not easy but I can say for sure that it was worth the stress.
The fact is,if u don't leave that place now all because u were an indigene of that place,or u were born there,or ur father is the chief of this or that. Then u may find regret in old age.

Everything I have been today,I owe it to God and my ability to have left as at the time I took that decision.
At first it wasn't promising but the fresh air u'll breathe when u leave Lagos is enough to give u hope that u will make it.

And as igbo man,that enabled me to marry very early and my brother who joined me later on can attest to that also,that relocation is very important to human survival.

For those who still find these unbearable to do,just try it and u will see how ur life would turn out to be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by youngsahito(m): 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Lagos is over hype just for it's popularity!!! Most people will do well in their villages but everybody wan come Lagos to join the bandwagon. Other states need to do more so as to attract more investment and human capital to their states.
People staying in village better pass some people for Lagos by far.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Polynek(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
youngsahito:
Lagos is over hype just for it's popularity!!! Most people will do well in their villages but everybody wan come Lagos to join the bandwagon. Other states need to do more so as to attract more investment and human capital to their states.
People staying in village better pass some people for Lagos by far.
Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Starboytwo(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
ibechris:
If I tell u my story u will be surprised and shock how I was bale to get to where I am today.

I used to say it here without mincing words that most Lagosians are suffering. Some would tell u that no city like Lagos,yes agree,but it all depends on which they meant.

However,when I relocated to another state it was not easy but I can say for sure that it was worth the stress.
The fact is,if u don't leave that place now all because u were an indigene of that place,or u were born there,or ur father is the chief of this or that. Then u may find regret in old age.

Everything I have been today,I owe it to God and my ability to have left as at the time I took that decision.
At first it wasn't promising but the fresh air u'll breathe when u leave Lagos is enough to give u hope that u will make it.

And as igbo man,that enabled me to marry very early and my brother who joined me later on can attest to that also,that relocation is very important to human survival.

For those who still find these unbearable to do,just try it and u will see how ur life would turn out to be.

bros I believe you. Relocation is very underestimated. I left LAG last year FEB. I arrived at a new place with no single baggage or follow come problem. Everything is new. New food. New friends. New Problems etc.

Best year of my life till date. I’m not returning anytime soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Vision101(m): 12:55am On Jan 13, 2023
For me Lagos is my Lagos. I'm currently working in aba but I miss my Lagos. I'll soon relocate back to my Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by ednut1(m): 2:04am On Jan 13, 2023
What is the point of marrying when you can’t take care of wife and children Northerners don’t care about that as God will provide is their belief
Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by JeffreyJunior: 3:49am On Jan 13, 2023
If I must live in Lagos then I'll have to sell my papa land and buy helicopter.

Lagos traffic is terrific and there's this uneasiness in everyone's face except those that live and work on the island.

Ikeja area is also okay if you just sit around lazying like who come for holiday. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Ngenge(m): 6:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Lagos, na wah! Unless I gets a job and was transferred to Lagos,I can't live there. I HATE that city with passion. I rather live in my village than staying in Lagos.
1. Everyday, traffic
2. House rent, too astronomical
3. Marry, for where?
4. Travel/visit your village/home town, problem
5. Earn higher, achieve little or nothing

Anyone who willfully tries to live in Lagos from another town will continue struggling. To live in Lagos is a death warrant and suicidal
Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by faithfull18(f): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2023
True, you can get more done with less money outside Lagos than in Lagos.
Re: Why Many Lagosians Haven't Settled Down On Time. by Gerrard59(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Generally, the birth rates in large urban areas are lower (by sheer numbers not percentages) than the rest of the country/region. High cost of living, people, especially women preferring to postpone marriage/childbearing to build their careers, high cost of education, urbanites need to prepare financially to raise their children since it is a very competitive world etc. It is why the number of children born by urbanites is lower than in the suburbs and rural parts of the country.

Also, don't compare northerners whose way of life and norms regarding childbearing differ significantly from the vast majority of Lagosians. Compare Lagosians to residents in Enugu, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Oyo, Ekiti, Edo etc.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Woman Ever Be Satisfied / My Mental Health Challenges, Who Can Help? / hey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.