Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street (4540 Views)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant / Govt Of Nigeria Hands Over Phcn (power Sector) Many Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by blacksta(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2011
How did a multi-million naira plant belonging to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) find its way to Makurdi street?
Who authorised its removal?  Was it sold, and by who and to who? These are questions curious Makurdi residents would want answered as they trooped out yesterday to look at the PHCN’s power plant on Ishaya Bakut Way, a few metres from the company’s Business Head Office.
Nobody has come out to claim ownership of the power plant, which used to provide electricity to Makurdi residents and beyond.
Its value was put at over N500 million. 
Efforts to speak with PHCN’s manager at the Business Head Office were futile.
Our correspondent was referred to the Jos PHCH Zonal Distribution Office, where a PHCN worker, who pleaded for anonymity, said some senior officers sold the power plant.
The source said the senior workers deceived the management in Abuja that the power plant was a scrap and sold it at a giveaway price.
The power plant was still on Ishaya Bakut Street, close to an engineering workshop, apparently for dismantling.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/17990-phcn-power-plant-found-in-makurdi-street.html
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by blacksta(m): 11:11am On Sep 05, 2011
If Nigeria ever achieves uninterrupted electricity i will sacrifice my entire family .  I can conclude that it is pratically impossible to see 24 hours of electricity in Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by bolseas(f): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
Power Plant ke?
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by olaolabiy: 1:46am On Sep 06, 2011
blacksta:

If Nigeria ever achieves uninterrupted electricity i will sacrifice my entire family .  I can conclude that  it is pratically impossible to see 24 hours of electricity in Nigeria.
grin grin 24 hours my foot.

When dem children must attend Ivy League/Rusell Group of schools.

Na money nau. cheesy.

Go to posh hotels in London and do a survey. They'd tell you Nigerian politicians are regular customers. Some suites cost up to 10K/per night . That's your 24h electricity - in posh hotels  tongue
They have stolen godliness outta that country.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by kallopuma: 1:53am On Sep 06, 2011
WETIN NIAJA SECURITY THE DO ?THEY SHOULD GO FOR RECOVERY Y ARE THEY WESTING TIME LOST AND FIND THATS ALL.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by N101: 2:12am On Sep 06, 2011
If "senior" managers can sell an entire N500m power plant right under their noses, it only goes to show how incompetent the powers that be at PHCN are.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by VUVUZELA10: 2:15am On Sep 06, 2011
Is this true? God save Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by Imohbyron(m): 4:44am On Sep 06, 2011
Corruption,that's the order of the day,this is small compared to what i see these P.H.C.N staffs squanders everyday in P.H, Afam to be precise, Luxury houses,flashy rides ,name it
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by sizzlers(m): 5:32am On Sep 06, 2011
too bad
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by slap1(m): 5:40am On Sep 06, 2011
Power plant, or Mikano generator? How the hell did they move an entire power plant?
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by strangest(m): 6:01am On Sep 06, 2011
Tomorrow they will put the blame on GEJ,
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by KoolMaster: 6:36am On Sep 06, 2011
Guys,
Let us caution ourselves on some of these news. We are no fools.
-What is a power plant? Are they referring to the Turbo machines or the Alternator?
-If they are referring to the turbo Machine, then just maybe it is a coal type (but where is the souce of fuel, Oh from Enugu or Orukwpa , sure those are the places with coal in Nigeria) or maybe it is gas type (Is there a gas source Makurdi ? May David Mark has piped a fuel gas line from Southern part of the country to Makurdi).
-PHCN over the last 50 years has been using hydro power generation and some coal /gas fuel turbo system. Only recently have states (southern States and Lagos) shown the way to the foolish PHCN that power can be generated via the TURBINE machines.
So if they are saying that Power plant is in Makurdi, what kind of power plant are they referring to? Is it hydro generation via the River Benue? May it is One “I better pass my neighbor”.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by isleman(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2011
KoolMaster:

Guys,
Let us caution ourselves on some of these news. We are no fools.
-What is a power plant? Are they referring to the Turbo machines or the Alternator?
-If they are referring to the turbo Machine, then just maybe it is a coal type (but where is the souce of fuel, Oh from Enugu or Orukwpa , sure those are the places with coal in Nigeria) or maybe it is gas type (Is there a gas source Makurdi ? May David Mark has piped a fuel gas line from Southern part of the country to Makurdi).
-PHCN over the last 50 years has been using hydro power generation and some coal /gas fuel turbo system. Only recently have states (southern States and Lagos) shown the way to the foolish PHCN that power can be generated via the TURBINE machines.
So if they are saying that Power plant is in Makurdi, what kind of power plant are they referring to? Is it hydro generation via the River Benue? May it is One “I better pass my neighbor”.

I think the location is described, you may find out. it least its not in a secret place. read the post again.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by isleman(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2011
strangest:

Tomorrow they will put the blame on GEJ,

No put it on Samson Siasia. They sell public property right under his nose. are you sure GEJ knows all these departments and what they do or how they operate.

Now the news is in the air, lets see GEJ's action.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by Ournaija: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2011
Am surprised at the kind of hypocrisy displayed here. People are opening there mouth as if it`s new in Nigeria for public office holders to sell government properties or cart them away to their home towns like the Jim Nwobodos and co. What we should be advocating for is how to block the holes and do a total cleansing of the entire system.

Soon they will start selling Nigerian citizens at a giver away price grin grin
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by splitnaija(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2011
Am not surprised, this is naija where anything goes!!!
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by executinal(m): 10:15am On Sep 06, 2011
Naija still a long way to go.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by ochizo(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2011
Power will never be stable in Nigeria take it or leave it. Our so-called politicians are the ones sitting on it.

A country blessed with Natural Resources has noting to write home about.

No Power
No Security
Inflation
Poverty
Bad Roads
No Law etc.

I sori for Nigeria
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by dustydee: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2011
smh!
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by badmrkt(m): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2011
i see no changes,wake every morning and i ask myself is life worth living or shoild i blast myself?my stomach hurts,so very hungry,i'm looking for a bag to snatch embarassed, things will never change unless our leaders are given some strokes of cane on their asses, i wonder how we gonna do this
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by jfking2005(m): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2011
I don't believe it is a power plant,

Can someone provide the Picture
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by islamrules(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
No its an industrial oven grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by Oritna94(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2011
naija at it again ! we hail thee grin
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by ochizo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
jfking2005:

I don't believe it is a power plant,

Can someone provide the Picture

You need to believe it because Nigeria is the only country where everything happens and nothing happens
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by bolseas(f): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2011
how is it possible for a power plant to be moved from its location? is it Hydro PP or Thermal PP?

yeah it is true that anything happens in Nigeria, anything goes in nigeria etc, but people should write/report exactly what happened.

imagine Kainji Power Plant/Power station been moved from Kaduna or Niger state to Benue State. or did the reporter mean PHCN Transformer or other Power accessories/equipment. we are talking about big, gigantic machines here.

the PHCN workers are beng attacked on a daily basis, but we should be objective when attacking them.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by blank(f): 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2011
What kind of shoddy journalistic work is the newspaper doing? How hard is it to take a picture so we can understand what they mean by power plant moving.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by mendax: 4:43am On Sep 07, 2011
this is the reason why i keep saying our journalists are silly. It is IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE AN ENTIRE POWER PLANT from its location just like some earlier posters have pointed out. Just like u coming to tell me that people in my street woke up and found the National Assembly in front of the street. They should better go and find out what was relocated. If they say N500m worth of equipment, does that qualify it to become a power plant?

Nonsense, and people are even saying anything is possible cry smh
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by Valto(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2011
its a pity, so many govt property going down the drain!
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by splitnaija(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
Valto:

its a pity, so many govt property going down the drain!
@Valto
Point of corruption pls: Going down private pockets!!!
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by matrixme(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2011
I do try to restrain myself from commenting to most posts but I beg to differ on this one. Now I think the individual that said "If Nigeria ever achieves uninterrupted electricity i will sacrifice my entire family .  I can conclude that  it is pratically impossible to see 24 hours of electricity in Nigeria." He rather needs to work on his imagination, otherwise, he'll soon be categorised with the ranks of those who once believed the earth is not spherical, aaIf Nigeria ever achieves
uninterrupted electricity i will
sacrifice my entire family .  I can
conclude that  it is pratically
impossible to see 24 hours of
electricity in Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street by matrixme(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2011
I do try to restrain myself from commenting to most posts but I beg to differ on this one. Now I think the individual that said "If Nigeria ever achieves uninterrupted electricity i will sacrifice my entire family . I can conclude that it is pratically impossible to see 24 hours of electricity in Nigeria." He rather needs to work on his imagination, otherwise, he'll soon be categorised with the ranks of those who once believed the earth is not spherical. The journalist ought to clarify himself further. We were at Kainji dam this afternoon for a tour, but we were prevented from entry by military personnel because of "Boko haram"

(1) (Reply)

Sumone Teach Me How To Make Carwash Soap Please. / 1 Daf Truck And 1 Iveco Truck For Sale Lhd / How To Calculate Proof Of Funds For UK Study Visa - Easy Step By Step Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.