Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

I Will Pour Out My Spirit Series Part1: What Was Apostle Paul Doing in Arabia? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Pour Out My Spirit Series Part1: What Was Apostle Paul Doing in Arabia? (514 Views)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / Deliverance From Water Spirit Series / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Pour Out My Spirit Series Part1: What Was Apostle Paul Doing in Arabia? by MrCodeSolo: 3:16am On Jan 13, 2023
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds.
I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and
that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam
( may Allah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

Firstly, let’s establish some skeletal back stories as regards to what the Bible knew about the Arabia?
Oh no! You are surprised I mentioned Arabia! Oh! Yes – it is as old as many of the Old Testament stories recorded in the Christian Bible too. I can’t go through all the verses in which Arabia was mentioned in about 17 passages from 8 books of the Christian bible. May it delight you to know that one of the more tantalizing aspects of Paul's early ministry is his “three years in Arabia.” In Galatians 1:17
but what can we know about Paul’s life after the Damascus Road experience?

Well, according to the Christian Bible, Arabia in as much today’s Christians would love to dismiss in blindfold any biblical sermon or teaching that got to do with anything “Arabia-attached bible passage or verse” as mentioned and found in both the Old and New Testament.
My brothers and sisters, I present to you a main evidence in line with other evidences see pics attached below – that the Arabia as mentioned on these verses below; did not only bears a defining characteristic of a place of abundant wealth among whom were traders, merchants, nomads

(see 2 Chronicles 17:11), “Some of the Philistines brought Jehoshaphat presents, and silver for tribute; the Arabians also brought him flocks, seven thousand and seven hundred rams, and seven thousand and seven hundred male goats.”
(see 2 Chronicles 9:14) “besides that which the traders and merchants brought: and all the kings of Arabia and the governors of the country brought gold and silver to Solomon”, but also denotes a place of wilderness more like a desert; a tract of land or region uncultivated and uninhabited by human beings, whether a forest or a wide barren plain.

(see Jeremiah 25:24), “and all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mixed people who dwell in the wilderness;”

Jeremiah 3:2 "Lift up your eyes to the bare heights, and see! Where have you not been lain with? You have sat for them by the ways, as an Arabian in the wilderness. …. ….

Isaiah 21:13, “the burden on Arabia. In the forest in Arabia you will lodge, you caravans of Dedanites.”

There are a few types of wilderness mentioned in the Bible. It can mean a land without water, a wasteland, or an area of wild fields where animals graze, a place of isolation or separation i.e. mount Sinai etc.
(Isaiah 13:20) “It will never be inhabited; neither will it be lived in from generation to generation.
The Arabian will not pitch a tent there; neither will shepherds make their flocks lie down there.”

You can as well check other verses referencing Arabia like; (2 Chronicles 21:16, 22:1, 26:7)
(Judith 2:25), (Nehemiah 2:19, 4:7, 6:1)

Arabia is associated with Kedar. Kedar is called "men of the east" (see Jeremiah 49:28).

Kedar was the son of Ishmael, who intermarried with the Midianites and lived south east of the Dead Sea. "These are their genealogies: the firstborn of Ishmael was Nebaioth, then Kedar" (see 1 Chronicles 1:29).

(See Ezekiel 27:21) “Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar, they were the merchants of your hand;
in lambs, and rams, and goats, in these were they your merchants.”

all the princes and kings of Arabia sent out gifts in the form of gold and silver to King Solomon in the faraway lands

In describing the swath of land from Babylon (Hazor) to Saudi Arabia (Kedar) Jeremiah 49:28 tells Hazor (Babylon) to invade Kedar (Saudi Arabia) calling them "men of the east".
"Concerning Kedar and the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon defeated.
Thus says the Lord, "Arise, go up to Kedar And devastate the men of the east. " Jeremiah 49:28

Therefore Arabia = Ishmaelites, Midianites, Kedarites, Wildernesses of Shur and Paran, Midian

And as you all can attest to the fact that Paul the Apostle was not one of the original 12 Apostles of Jesus, but he was one of the most prolific contributors to the New Testament. Of the 27 books in the New Testament, 13 or 14 are traditionally attributed to Paul, though only 7 of these Pauline epistles are accepted as being entirely authentic.
Now, how did Paul got his revelation or vision or call it whatever you like? Your Bible says;

“as he neared Damascus (present day Syria) on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

And for next three years of Paul’s new found Christian life after his alleged divine encounter as no any persons or a physical witness was present or could account for it like most revelations from above. Your dearest and beloved Paul did not show himself to the other apostles or followers of Christ in Jerusalem yet.

(See Galatians 1:11-20) as an excerpt from it reads;
I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age
among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
But when God,
who set me apart from my mother’s womb… ….so that I might preach him among the Gentiles,
my immediate response was not to consult any human being. I did not
go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia.
”.
What was Paul doing in Arabia?

According to Gal 1:17,
Shortly after his conversion Paul went away to Arabia. Scholars have puzzled over this, as it seems an odd choice. So at least three interrelated questions arise:

1) Where exactly does Paul refer to by Arabia?
2) Why did Paul choose to go there?
3) What exactly was Paul doing while there?

Let breaks this a little, The Apostle Paul does not explain why. No mention is made of his preaching there. If we were to speculate, it would be that Paul went to Arabia to prepare himself and to seek for perhaps; Power, God or Something?
(See Galatians 4:25), “For this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and
answers to the Jerusalem that exists now, for she is in bondage with her children”
).

Galatians 1:17, ESV: “nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me,
but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus
”.

Should we arguably say that the inner core of the Christianity foundation of today emanated from Mount Sinai located somewhere near Arabian peninsula, because Paul identified that Mt. Sinai was in Arabian: Gal 4:25.
Assalam.

Re: I Will Pour Out My Spirit Series Part1: What Was Apostle Paul Doing in Arabia? by MrCodeSolo: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
in your next Sunday sermon or Sunday school class, let your holy spirit guide you so that you can preach about Arabia and apostle Paul's sabbatical in Arabia....don't just go to church and pretend the word :Arabia does not have objective reality....if Paul could go seek some higher power that landed him in Arabia during his time before the start of his Christianity journey...
my question is what makes you Christians think there is no existence of one powerful and true God in Arabia,
apostle Paul had to spend 3yrs in Arabia to perhaps, prepare himself and seek divine guidance while on the mountain of God in Arabia...
Ain't you all convinced that there is only one and true Almighty God who was already shifting his central focus by calling Paul to Arabia... But eventually, Paul spread the wrong message being a ex-Judaism, he (Paul) metamorphosed an ideological belief system into which Judaism of his time referred to as "pagan-Christianity"! And so did everything wrongly and thus a divine path is shown to prophet muhammed (pbuh) who started to preach what God had revealed to him. The simple and clear-cut message of Islam, that there is no god but Allah, and that life should be lived in complete submission to the will of the Almighty God.

[9-10] Say to them, "I am not a novel Messenger, I do not know what shall befall you tomorrow nor what shall befall me. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am no more than a warner."12 O Prophet, say to them, "Have you ever considered that if this (Qur'an) were really from Allah, and yet you denied it, (what would be your end)?13 And a witness from among the children of Israel has already borne witness to the like of it; he believed while you showed arrogance.14 Allah does not show guidance to such wrongdoers."
Re: I Will Pour Out My Spirit Series Part1: What Was Apostle Paul Doing in Arabia? by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Apr 22, 2023
MrCodeSolo:
■ in your next Sunday sermon or Sunday school class, let your holy spirit guide you so that you can preach about Arabia and apostle Paul's sabbatical in Arabia....don't just go to church and pretend the word :Arabia does not have objective reality....if Paul could go seek some higher power that landed him in Arabia during his time before the start of his Christianity journey...
■ my question is what makes you Christians think there is no existence of one powerful and true God in Arabia, apostle Paul had to spend 3yrs in Arabia to perhaps, prepare himself and seek divine guidance while on the mountain of God in Arabia...
■ Ain't you all convinced that there is only one and true Almighty God who was already shifting his central focus by calling Paul to Arabia... But eventually, Paul spread the wrong message being a ex-Judaism, he (Paul) metamorphosed an ideological belief system into which Judaism of his time referred to as "pagan-Christianity"!
1. God Himself scattered His Israel to all four corners of the earth, promising that He would then gather them back in His own time - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6. Paul was not in Arabia on a sabbatical. Like every follower of Jesus Christ, Paul was also sent out to teach the Gospel to the Lost sheep of Israel even in Arabia. undecided

2. It does not matter what the local gods are in any particular country or tribe. Again, Jesus Christ sent His followers into the world — every tribe, every language, and every nation of the world — to teach His Gospel to the Lost sheep of Israel found there.

3. Paul spread the wrong message about Jesus Christ? Considering his letters were addressed primarily to his Jewish brothers as opposed to the rest of Israel, I am not certain how one can claim, without prejudice against the man, that he in fact did what you claim. In addition, if we are to consider that his letters, laced with what he rights are his private views/opinions, are missing about 98% of the actual Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is a stretch to claim, Paul, taught a Gospel different from that taught by Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Who Still Remember Watching This? / What's The Fuss About This "Sound And Light Of God"? / Similarities Between Horus And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.