Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months (12776 Views)

Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Islie: 9:16am On Jan 13, 2023
If everything goes according to plan, Nigerian carriers are expected to receive 40 brand new aircraft in the next 36 months, starting from early this year, THISDAY checks has revealed.

Nigerian airlines have recorded steady progress in aircraft acquisition since Arik Air broke a 20-year old jinx by acquiring brand new aircraft in 2007.

THISDAY can report that Air Peace is expected to receive 10 Embraer E195-E2 aircraft this year, followed by Ibom Air, which is expected to receive 10 brand new aircraft from Airbus, starting from this year.

It was learnt that Overland Airways also made firm order for 7 Embraer 175 aircraft.

Air Peace had made order for 10 Boeing B737 Max in 2018 and reconfirmed the order in 2021.

Sources told THISDAY that the aircrafts will arrive the country within the 36 months period.

Air Peace official told THISDAY that the company would focus on receiving the 10 brand new Embraer aircraft this year and would then look forward to receiving the Boeing 737 MAX, which would come in MAX 8 and 10 variants.

Informed source from the company told THISDAY that the MAX 10 equipment are primed for the Lagos-London route whenever the airline receives approval to operate the route.

The Group Manager, Marketing and Communication, Ibom Air, Annie Essienette, told THISDAY that the Akwa Ibom State owned airline ordered for 10 Airbus aircraft, which was expected to begin to arrive early this year but due to the delay in manufacturing the aircraft, it is expected to begin to arrive later this year.

“We are sure of one this year, two next year but we will have all delivered between this year and 2025. We have staggered delivery of the aircraft. We are also expecting variant in the aircraft types that will be delivered to us,” she said.

The airline, he added, will have a big boost in its fleet when it receives all the aircraft, “It will make us the second biggest operator in the country.” Currently the airline operates five Bombardier CRJ-900 and two Airbus A220 aircraft.

THISDAY learnt that the acquisition of these aircraft will cost the airlines humongous amount of money and the facility is being provided by largely local banks.

It was learnt that when the delivery is completed it would up the rating of Nigeria’s aviation industry in the global air transport market.

Overland Airways is also expecting the delivery of its aircraft to start from the first quarter of this year, if there are no last minute changes.

Looking at the benefits of brand new aircraft to the airline, key member of Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) and the CEO of Top Brass Aviation Limited, Captain Roland Iyayi, told THISDAY that brand new aircraft would be economical to the airline because in the first five years of its operation there won’t be schedule maintenance but routine maintenance, except there is incident, which would call for schedule maintenance.

He said new aircraft increase customer confidence because to a large extent passengers believe that new aircraft would be safer but it is merely psychological because any aircraft deemed airworthy by regulatory authority is safe. But because of the belief of passengers, the new aircraft will attract more passengers, which means the new equipment would be recording high load factor and reduced cost of maintenance will make the aircraft profitable to the airline.

“Essentially, brand new aircraft saves money for the airline. Between four to five years, the airline will engage in routine maintenance. There will be unscheduled maintenance but schedule maintenance during the period will be minor. Chances will be that the airline will start getting more patronage. So load factor will be high. Reduced maintenance cost will make the airline profitable in the long run,” he said.

Iyayi also said new aircraft would reduce capital flight because it will not be flown overseas for checks; as new aircraft it will be subjected to minor in-country maintenance.

Travel expert and organiser of Akwaaba African Travel Market, Ambassador Ikechi Ukoh, told THISDAY that the airlines should be commended for acquiring brand new aircraft but noted that the facilities at the airports in Nigeria currently cannot enhance the benefits of the new equipment.

He noted that airport facilities couldn’t effectively serve existing aircraft, adding that bringing additional aircraft will make airport services cumbersome.

He advocated for the upgrade of airport facilities in order to dovetail with the new aircraft that would be coming and more aircraft that would come and join the market.

His observation also confirms the feedbacks from passengers during the Yuletide who complained of shambolic services at the airports during the high season when airports could not effectively facilitate passenger and cargo movement at many airports in the country.

“40 Brand new aircraft coming in the next 36 months will exacerbate the problems at the airports. There will be enough passengers that will fill the planes, but everybody has problem loading passengers into the planes. Facilities currently at the airports cannot carry that number of aircraft; so bringing new aircraft will compound the problems on ground. There will be chaos at most of the airports, especially at the Lagos and Abuja airports. The new aircraft will be fuel efficient so they will save fuel on long distance flights and maintenance will be low and cheaper,” Ukoh said.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/13/nigerian-airlines-to-receive-40-brand-new-aircraft-in-36-months/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Racoon(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2023
As usual, Air Nigeria is ordering zilch aircraft but waiting for Ethiopian Airlines to salvage its shameless reputation.

Ibom Air and Air Peace have proven that you can better manage an airline if the right people, resources and policies are in place.

Nigeria Airways was destroyed by Buhari government in 1984-85. Yet all failed promises about having a functional airline also happened during his disastrous regime of 2015-2023.

He even promised to drastically reduced the presidential air fleet to formed a national carrier and minimise cost of government but as usual, all the promised of 2015 have long not been fulfilled but shamelessly denied.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Zonefree(m): 9:21am On Jan 13, 2023
All to the glory of Peter Obi's government.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by CaptainAyub: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2023
grin grin
Been think say na Air Nigeria grin grin I no know say na majorly my brother Air Peace

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by StrongandMighty: 9:23am On Jan 13, 2023
Even without opening the thread, I know the story wouldn't be complete without mentioning airpeace...
Igbo Amaka!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by FalseProphet1(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2023
When I saw the headline I thought it was air Nigeria, until I opened and read it and realised that it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than the Nigerian government to order for 40 brand new aircraft for air Nigeria operations.

This I have have seen.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Heroicvic(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2023
If everything goes according to plan, Nigerian carriers are expected to receive 40 brand new aircraft in the next 36 months, starting from early this year

Lol has anything gone as planned in this country?
Just dey play grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by NwaNimo1(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Borrow Borrow,,,,

[img]https://giffiles./217/217546.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Curious345: 9:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Great

I was close to the airport 3 days ago for about 8 hours.
I witnessed more than 200 incoming flights to the Lagos airport.

195 out of the 200 incoming flights were all AIR PEACE airline.

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK IS IT ONLY AIR PEACE OPERATING IN NIGERIA?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Donedeal1(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Unending promises.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by dgr8truth(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Misterc(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2023
A whole Nigeria.... The purported Giant of Africa don't have an official Air Carrier

We just dey play for this country

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by free2ryhme: 9:29am On Jan 13, 2023
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/13/nigerian-airlines-to-receive-40-brand-new-aircraft-in-36-months/amp/

You brag about providing 40 new aircraft as if you just say it and it happens, lies upon lies.

Nigeria airline industry that is shambles can't house 40 aircraft in 36 months. Put you house in order first.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by free2ryhme: 9:29am On Jan 13, 2023
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by dessey(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2023
I so much believe that this country will be great again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by sojisenai(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2023
Wonderful development...

Meanwhile, if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled or a pregnant/nursing mother...and you need a reputable company to provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by unclejb2(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2023
Air Nigeria is one of the biggest frauds of the Buhari regime... Some idiots want to replace Buhari with Tinubu. We all are not yet mad.

Shame

Peter Obi for president

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by money121(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by nairalee(m): 9:33am On Jan 13, 2023
This is positive news. I hope it goes as planned
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by HitRun(m): 9:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Abeg, Nigeria needs to go and beg Akwa Ibom to cut her soap.

That state is an uncommon state.

Meanwhile, Nigerian air is still an expensive London-launched logo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Enddy50ty(m): 9:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Na Air Peace make all these other airlines know say e dey possible to run airline business with brand new planes, if not by now we for still dey used to those dead and refurbished flying BRT planes all in the name of traveling by air.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Nsonaso(m): 9:35am On Jan 13, 2023
Good News at last.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by degreatstalion: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2023
grin
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:38am On Jan 13, 2023
"TO"
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Lanretoye(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2023
H
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by lampido22: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2023
They for order for Chinese planes na
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Generalwoodz(m): 9:41am On Jan 13, 2023
All of us who are in our 20s, 30s, 40s, and don't know the difference between brand new and old airlines because we've not gone close to one MAY God or whatever you believe in change the story this year.

BTW: I'M SELLING MY FACEBOOK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by NotKnown: 9:41am On Jan 13, 2023
Story. It's not about getting new airlines. The main question is CAN THE CITIZENS AFFORD THEM?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by HitRun(m): 9:42am On Jan 13, 2023
Curious345:
Great

I was close to the airport 3 days ago for about 8 hours.
I witnessed more than 200 incoming flights to the Lagos airport.

195 out of the 200 incoming flights were all AIR PEACE airline.

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK IS IT ONLY AIR PEACE OPERATING IN NIGERIA?

Very stupid lie.

Based on your useless lie, let us just peg the incoming flights to 200 even though you said more than 200, it means a flight landed every 2.4 minutes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Love About Some Places And States In Nigeria? / Russia-Ukraine Tensions: Nigerians In Ukraine Urged To Register With Embassy / Nysc Crested Vest Available Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.