Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,332 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months (12786 Views)

Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Coldie(m): 9:53am On Jan 13, 2023
B
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Aninko1(m): 9:54am On Jan 13, 2023
Ibom Air doing well!
They have overtaken many already.
Air Peace will have to contain with them in the coming years if they continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Originalsly: 10:15am On Jan 13, 2023
When an airline orders aircrafts they will say how many and models and dates of delivery. Air Peace is ordering Max 8 and 10 aircrafts ... moving into the big league ... and doesn't say how many? ... nor expected date of delivery? Ordered to do Lagos to London route ... but didn't receive approval for the route? ... such a huge investment built on hope? Have they started building hangars to house these huge aircrafts?

EDoes any of this make sense? ... guess we are soooo desperate to hear good news that we'll swallow anything ... and the bloggers know this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Smoothwave: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2023
Amin ooo ..

Amen �

Generalwoodz:
All of us who are in our 20s, 30s, 40s, and don't know the difference between brand new and old airlines because we've not gone close to one MAY God or whatever you believe in change the story this year.

BTW: I'M SELLING MY FACEBOOK
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Dogalmighty17: 10:19am On Jan 13, 2023
Curious345:
Great

I was close to the airport 3 days ago for about 8 hours.
I witnessed more than 200 incoming flights to the Lagos airport.

195 out of the 200 incoming flights were all AIR PEACE airline.

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK IS IT ONLY AIR PEACE OPERATING IN NIGERIA?

Lie small small oga.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by able20(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2023
Give the federal government of Nigeria those Airlines to manage they will destroy it all within 3 months.
Ameachi borrowed billions of dollars from China to build and modernize our railways, all are Fake investments.
Today the terrorist Bandits are in control of stations, from Edo to Kaduna
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by BreconHills(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2023
Racoon:
As usual, Air Nigeria is ordering zilch aircraft but waiting for Ethiopian Airlines to salvage its shameless reputation.

Ibom Air and Air Peace have proven that you can better manage an airline if the right people, resources and policies are in place.

Nigeria Airways was destroyed by Buhari government in 1984-85. Yet all failed promises about having a functional airline also happened during his disastrous regime of 2015-2023.

He even promised to drastically reduced the presidential air fleet to formed a national carrier and minimise cost of government but as usual, all the promised of 2015 have long not been fulfilled but shamelessly denied.

Nigerian Airways was still running in 2000. How could buhari who took power in 1983 and had been ousted by IBB in 1985 have destroyed it? The airline was dissolved by OBJ to make way for the private-public Virgin Nigeria. By the way the pensions for the employees of the airline was cleared by buhari over 20 years afterwards. In 1983 Buhari stopped the wet leasing of planes ( planes and crew costs) from foreign airlines with was costing Nigeria millions of dollars annually. In tbe end, the huge foreign costs restored by IBB tipped the airline into functional insolvency

When you allow opposition to a person to change history, you have started losing your grip on reality.

*1985 fixed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Splitmind: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2023
Nigeria Air will operate soon before March Insha-Allah Nigerians should just be patient.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by sexyteeola(f): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2023
HitRun:

Very stupid lie.

Based on your useless lie, let us just peg the incoming flights to 200 even though you said more than 200, it means a flight landed every 2.4 minutes.

Leave am make hin dey lie give hin kinsmen
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2023
They dont have money to import fuel but they have money to buy 40 brand new planes.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by nedekid: 11:17am On Jan 13, 2023
Racoon:
As usual, Air Nigeria is ordering zilch aircraft but waiting for Ethiopian Airlines to salvage its shameless reputation.

Ibom Air and Air Peace have proven that you can better manage an airline if the right people, resources and policies are in place.

Nigeria Airways was destroyed by Buhari government in 1984-85. Yet all failed promises about having a functional airline also happened during his disastrous regime of 2015-2023.

He even promised to drastically reduced the presidential air fleet to formed a national carrier and minimise cost of government but as usual, all the promised of 2015 have long not been fulfilled but shamelessly denied.
Truth of the matter is that a Nigerian national carrier can never work. Nigerians are "oversmart" to the extent nothing works.
I remember those days of Nigeria airways, boeing 707, boeing 747, DC 10, the airbus 310 that came later. I flew in all of them. Lagos to gatwick, Heathrow, stopping to pick passengers from Kano. (make sure you use the loo before the Kano stop, cause back them folks from that side were not used to using normal toilets, if you know what I mean).
What lead to the death of Nigeria airways? Free tickets! From staff, to politicians, they will not pay. Government officials will fly free, who is the oga in the airline that will not issue ticket to the whole family + house helps etc of one NPN northern politician? He will lose his job shap sharp.
It got to a stage, half of the flight will be non paying. It got so bad, pilots will keep their girlfriends upstairs in the 747 to fly first class, while customers that paid for same seat will be kept in economy!
The final killer was when, due to the airline hemorrhaging money, will go abroad and there will be no money to pay for fuel. The plane will then be stranded. Cabin crew will go around asking passengers to contribute money for petrol. Lol
All the aviation companies servicing aircraft, Nigeria airways was owing, even catering, ground services companies. Next thing our aircraft's were being seized around the world!
Must of us started flying the then British caledonian and other airlines.
I remember I went with Oga Ned sometime 2001 or so to see his friend, a Captain, that tried restating Nigeria airways with 2 leased aircraft. The man was so passionate and genuinely wanted it to work. I even flew with them to UK for 50k airfare.
Do you know the then aviation minister, frustrated them. Heard she had her own personal interests in having her investors set up a national carrier. Based on that, she instructed that all tickets sales and revenues be remitted to Abuja, Abuja will then approve any expenditure the airline need. Haba. Plane will fly to London, they will then be calling Abuja to send petrol money or run expenses.
Those were the frustrations that MD was telling Ned and I.
See the other day, sultan of sokoto demanded air peace hold a flight that was on the runway, loaded with passengers for. When it was declined, they said airpeace disrespected the emirate and that they might ban the airline from flying there, demanding the airline be sanctioned.
Now imagine if it was a Nigerian national carrier, ministers, police, man o war, customs, lastma, vio, army, Governors wife etc will commandeer fully loaded aircraft with fare paying customers to park and wait that they are in traffic comming to board. Infact they will insist passanger leave their seat for them.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by SpockFederation: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Do you need inspiration for prompts to use on ChatGPT?

CLICK HERE: https://aianalytics.site/chatgpt-prompts-examples-openai-playground/
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by tctrills: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2023
Tonyavaro:
I hope they are not refurbished crafts !
What's wrong with refurbished crafts. The most important thing is that they are air worthy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by ZaddyJ: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
Misterc:
A whole Nigeria.... The purported Giant of Africa don't have an official Air Carrier

We just dey play for this country
So ?? Check Google and see if the usa has one single national carrier

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by 637oluwadetan: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
Air Nigeria is one of the biggest frauds of the Buhari regime... Some idiots want to replace Buhari with Tinubu. We all are not yet mad. ShamePeter Obi for presidentAir Nigeria is one of the biggest frauds of the Buhari regime... Some idiots want to replace Buhari with Tinubu. We all are not yet mad. ShamePeter Obi for president...
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by olowofariwo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2023
I wish our constitution can remove presidential immunity after office, so that Buhari can account for every corruption that happened during his tenure.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by Tannhauser(m): 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
nedekid:

Truth of the matter is that a Nigerian national carrier can never work. Nigerians are "oversmart" to the extent nothing works.
I remember those days of Nigeria airways, boeing 707, boeing 747, DC 10, the airbus 310 that came later. I flew in all of them. Lagos to gatwick, Heathrow, stopping to pick passengers from Kano. (make sure you use the loo before the Kano stop, cause back them folks from that side were not used to using normal toilets, if you know what I mean).
What lead to the death of Nigeria airways? Free tickets! From staff, to politicians, they will not pay. Government officials will fly free, who is the oga in the airline that will not issue ticket to the whole family + house helps etc of one NPN northern politician? He will lose his job shap sharp.
It got to a stage, half of the flight will be non paying. It got so bad, pilots will keep their girlfriends upstairs in the 747 to fly first class, while customers that paid for same seat will be kept in economy!
The final killer was when, due to the airline hemorrhaging money, will go abroad and there will be no money to pay for fuel. The plane will then be stranded. Cabin crew will go around asking passengers to contribute money for petrol. Lol
All the aviation companies servicing aircraft, Nigeria airways was owing, even catering, ground services companies. Next thing our aircraft's were being seized around the world!
Must of us started flying the then British caledonian and other airlines.
I remember I went with Oga Ned sometime 2001 or so to see his friend, a Captain, that tried restating Nigeria airways with 2 leased aircraft. The man was so passionate and genuinely wanted it to work. I even flew with them to UK for 50k airfare.
Do you know the then aviation minister, frustrated them. Heard she had her own personal interests in having her investors set up a national carrier. Based on that, she instructed that all tickets sales and revenues be remitted to Abuja, Abuja will then approve any expenditure the airline need. Haba. Plane will fly to London, they will then be calling Abuja to send petrol money or run expenses.
Those were the frustrations that MD was telling Ned and I.
See the other day, sultan of sokoto demanded air peace hold a flight that was on the runway, loaded with passengers for. When it was declined, they said airpeace disrespected the emirate and that they might ban the airline from flying there, demanding the airline be sanctioned.
Now imagine if it was a Nigerian national carrier, ministers, police, man o war, customs, lastma, vio, army, Governors wife etc will commandeer fully loaded aircraft with fare paying customers to park and wait that they are in traffic comming to board. Infact they will insist passanger leave their seat for them.

Egbon, no talk again. You too much on point, Nigeria is a mad country and Nigerians are the reason why nothing works.
angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by nkwoemeka(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Skypower, will take you there in style.

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
Originalsly:
When an airline orders aircrafts they will say how many and models and dates of delivery. Air Peace is ordering Max 8 and 10 aircrafts ... moving into the big league ... and doesn't say how many? ... nor expected date of delivery? Ordered to do Lagos to London route ... but didn't receive approval for the route? ... such a huge investment built on hope? Have they started building hangars to house these huge aircrafts?

EDoes any of this make sense? ... guess we are soooo desperate to hear good news that we'll swallow anything ... and the bloggers know this.

The answers to the questions you asked should’ve been included in the article because the answers are what’s really important. Also, whats the purpose of acquiring new aircraft if improved customer service, a good maintenance culture, security, and better adherence to departure times isn’t important to the airlines?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Information On Uk Tourist Visa / Nigerians In Germany...i Need Your Advice. / Getting Marry To American Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.