Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins (1206 Views)

Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. / Meet Irene Chiamaka Nwachukwu, Jamil Abubakar's Alleged Baby Mama - PoliticsNGR / Irene Chiamaka Nwachukwu: Jamil Abubakar Impregnated Me & I Have A Son For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by thegeniusmedia: 1:21am On Jan 15, 2023
It is no more news that one Agim Chiamaka took to the social media to call out Zenith Bank over some missing N4 Million from her bank account.

Sadly, further diggings have exposed how she singlehandedly allowed fraudulent activities on her account and in a way to cover up, is blaming it on Zenith Bank Plc.

Recall that Agim Chiamaka on Tuesday, 13 January 2023 shared a video crying at the banking hall over the missing money.

However, Zenith Bank swung into action to investigate how the money was moved from her account to other accounts. The Bank in response to her explained in a two-page investigative report sent to Agim Chiamaka on how her details was compromised to fraudsters using the same device she has used to carry out mobile banking transactions in the past which was never repudiated by the complainant.

According to Zenith Bank "Prior to the fraudulent withdrawals, we did not receive any information that you compromised your banking details. The bank has in place an emergency USSD Code *996*911# for customers to dial and restrict their account from any mobile phone when they suspect their account has been compromised or lose their phones".

" If your claim of that the transactions were not authorized by you is true, it means that somebody had unrestricted access to your phone".

Contrary to Chiamaka's claim of not having a token to initiate her transactions, Zenith Bank investigation shows that her claim is false as she was assigned a token on 21st November, 2021, at 01:38:21PM and 4-digit PIN was created by her (AS REVEALED IN THE ATTACHED MATERIAL) and that she has been using to consummate several mobile banking in the past.

Furthermore, the response letter signed by Internal Control Unit, Zenith Bank noted it can only recover a sum of N800,500 out of the missing sum and advised her on need to get a court order to repatriate #800,500 from Access Bank Plc.

The question is: Did Chiamaka reported to anyone that her mobile phone/Device was stolen?

Where was her device when the transaction took place?

Rather than giving false information, as being speculated by Chiamaka on social media, it is better you (Chiamaka) report this to SPECIAL FRAUD UNIT (SFU) so as to help apprehend the culprits as its obvious that people close to her executed this act.

In lieu of this, I will advise chiamaka to give full details of where her phone was during the period this transaction took place because investigations show that the same device and the same token assigned to Chiamaka were used to initiate this transaction during the period the fraudulent withdrawal was made.

As against the narratives that have been pushed out to the public, it's obvious Chiamaka's carelessness played a huge role in her unfortunate loss. Instead of blaming it on the innocent bank, It will be advisable for her to state the true situation of things to enable swift investigation that may lead to her recovery.

Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by dawnomike(m): 1:38am On Jan 15, 2023
I have suffered such in time past and my bank did nothing about it... So, I choose not to belive the bank
Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by Kobicove(m): 2:11am On Jan 15, 2023
dawnomike:
I have suffered such in time past and my bank did nothing about it... So, I choose not to belive the bank

Are you sure you did not click a malicious link which downloaded a keylogger to your phone? undecided
Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by kenedyx: 2:24am On Jan 15, 2023
I don't care that she caused it or not. So what if she mistakenly transferred to a wrong account? Let them recover the damn money and save us the long Epistles
Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by blackboy(m): 3:42am On Jan 15, 2023
Good one from Zenith. She should come and deny this or make Zenith sue her.
Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by oz4real83(m): 4:49am On Jan 15, 2023
What I still don't understand with banks in Nigeria is that, how will somebody go to a bank for a transaction, the staff will see the person's face on the their system and know he or she owns the account but still deny the person from making transaction by claiming the signature is "irregular", but they will allow fraudulent transactions to be done on people's accounts with ease? I still believe so much that bank staff and their allies, whether past or present, are the ones perpetuating these frauds.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by Bukola94: 5:03am On Jan 15, 2023
oz4real83:
What I still don't understand with banks in Nigeria is that, how will somebody go to a bank for a transaction, the staff will see the person's face on the their system and know he or she owns the account but still deny the person from making transaction by claiming the signature is "irregular" but they will allow fraudulent transactions to be done on people's accounts with ease? I still believe so much that bank staff and their allies, whether past or present, are the ones perpetuating these frauds.
u are not far from the truth. this has happened to me before. until I sign like 10times. I was not around for sometimes, and my cheque book is exhausted, my atm was not with me or has expired and I need to make use of the cash withdrawer slip

1 Like

Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by habsydiamond(m): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Most of bankers employed nowadays are thieves and fraudsters.. some do plan their gangs outside the bank for customers that can for huge sum of money. There was a man who went to the bank to withdraw a huge some of money. The teller asked him after withdrawing the money if he is going home and the man affirmed that he was whereas Immediately he took the money I travelled only for him to come back and see his house in disarray

1 Like

Re: Revealed How Chiamaka Agim Must Have Compromised Her Details,lost N4m In 20 Mins by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Why can’t we do like the USA, it takes 1-3 days for you to transfer such huge amount of money. So if you notice a scam you can quickly reach out to your bank and the will stop the transfer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do Nigerians Shop Online? / High Profit Internet Businesses You Can Do Before Christmas! / Is There Any Stockbroking Firm In Abeokuta/ogun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.