Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death (8178 Views)

Femi Ogunrombi: Papa Ajasco Is Dead / Cubana Chief Priest Biography- Cars, Real Name, Net Worth And Untold Facts / Bbnaija: Tacha Biography, Full Name, Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by moonbyte25: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Papa Ajasco, real name Femi Ogunrombi, was a Nigerian comic actor popular for his portrayal of the eponymous ‘Papa Ajasco’ in Wale Adenuga’s television series.

Abiodun Ayoyinka initially played the role of Ajasco, a portly wealthy man with funny mannerisms – but Ogunrombi took over the role after he pulled out of the show.

Biography

Femi Ogunrombi was a popular Nigerian comic actor who played the role of Papa Ajasco in Wale Adenuga’s popular television series.

Aside being an actor, Ogunrombi was an accomplished singer, highlifist and trained nurse who was fondly called ‘Uncle Ogurombo’.

His biography on the photo-sharing app Instagram read: “Femi Ogunrombi is a composer, songwriter, an actor, and a Music Teacher. An award-winning film producer and a music producer. A professional Nurse,”

He was born in Ille-Ife although he hails from Abeokuta in Ogun State. Ogunrombi was raised in Ile-Ife and moved to Lagos in the early 70s. He is married with three beautiful daughters.

Ogunrombi trained in Medical nursing and practised at the General Hospital in Ikeja, Lagos. He later left to pursue his real passion of arts.

Femi Ogunrombi was for about a decade the Music Director of the National Troupe of Nigeria. He was also the Director of Studies at the Pencil Film and Television Institute, Lagos. He has an over three-decade experience as a musicologist.

Death

Veteran Nollywood actor, Femi Ogunrombi died late on Saturday, January 14th 2023.

His death was confirmed by a theatre practitioner, Husseini Shaibu, via his Twitter handle on Sunday.

He wrote, “I have just been reliably informed that the ethnomusicologist, former Music Instructor with #NATIONALTROUPE and one time stand in for the ‘Papa Ajasco’ character on the popular #waleadenugaprod comic series ‘Papa Ajasco’ Mr. Femi Ogunrombi is dead.

“I am told that the actor, singer, highlifist and trained nurse whom we fondly called ‘Uncle Ogurombo’ (not to his hearing though) passed on this evening (Saturday)”

Papa Ajasco

Papa Ajasco and Company (formerly The Ajasco Family) is a Nigerian family television sitcom created by Wale Adenuga in 1996.

The show is a spin-off of a feature film of the same title produced by Wale Adenuga in 1984, which in turn is based on the comic Ikebe Super.

The story revolves around the Ajasco family and their comedic interpretations to major societal issues.

The main characters include womanising patriarch Papa Ajasco, his long-suffering wife Mama Ajasco, their mischievous son Bobo Ajasco, local playboy Boy Alinco, promiscuous gold-digger Miss Pepeiye, and illiterate ne’er-do-wells Pa James and Pa Jimoh.

At its prime, Papa Ajasco was widely considered to be Nigeria’s most watched comedy series, viewed weekly in twelve African countries.

Richard Abiodun Ayoyinka played Papa Ajasco for years but left the show at a point, during which Femi Ogunrombi took over.

Femi left the role in December 2008.

Femi Ogunrombi’s age is not readily available online but he was over 60 years old. He pegged his age at ‘over 50’ during an interview in 2009, making him ‘over 60’ now.

Full bio https://www.nigeriabombshell.com/papa-ajasco-biography-age-real-name-net-worth-death/

1 Like

Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by eneh49(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2023
Thanks for the memories . Rest on Legend

3 Likes

Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by olayiwola4u(m): 9:18am On Jan 15, 2023
Can i ever forget that man, Wale Adenuga, who made millionaires out of ordinary people?

If everyone in Nigeria can be like that man, this country will be standing in line with United States of America.

His kind of policy is what makes me respect people like Tinubu. But the moment he aspired for presidency with his ill health made him lose my RESPECT.

Rest in peace Papa Ajasco... We love you, but God love you more.

3 Likes

Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by Flora2Sweet: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2023
Legend... pls he's over 70, RIP PAPA AJASCO

1 Like

Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by Ancecoker(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2023
angry
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by muyico(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Educative comedy! REST ON PAPA
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by Holybaddo: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Omooh I and my friends are his top fan that year
Infact we once copied is hairstyle grin

May is soul be accepted in heaven
He made me and my friends happy that year I pray is soul is allowed into the heaven gate
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by floss(m): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ok
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by Samfloxin(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jigbijigbijigbi
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by PapaHadum: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
this man played my wedding music piano back then in Maryland Lagos

A highly talented organist!

Rest in Peace Elder Femi Ogunrombi
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by Shalashaska: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
I saw a video saying he isn't dead. Can we confirm
Re: Papa Ajasco Biography, Age, Real Name, Net Worth, Death by AirBay: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Na 2 different pic dy this post now. Both papa ajasco

(1) (Reply)

Female Actress Donate Their boobs To Charity As Fans Pay To Feel (video) / Mide Martins Reveals Reasons She Fell In Love With Her Estranged Husband Afeez / Faze Signed Up By Konvict Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.