Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? (33412 Views)

Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema To Headline NBA All-Star Game Half Time Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by IMPARTIAL: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
englishmart:
Everywhere in Nigeria. But calm down is global.

Yes, Buga is everywhere in Nigeria and Africa.

Prove that Calm Down is global. Pls, don't mention that video that suggested Calm Down was played in a Qatar stadium. It was a social media creation. The song was added to the video while the actual sound from the video was mooted.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by miketayo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
No lyrics in buga just repetition
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Abagworo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down is far bigger than Buga.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by albanikeh001: 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
For those saying buga, it's obvious they don't know how mainstream music works. I have a friend all the way in Singapore and he said calm down by rema topped their chart for weeks. Buga blew massively but not on a global scale as calm down did
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by tillaman(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
Make unu dey CALM DOWN na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Fakbrown: 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mhen I jux love that calm down of a song, you know the vibe it got when played in the world cup arena
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by olatuns2017: 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
englishmart:
Buga and Calm down are arguably two of the biggest singles of the 21st century. In your opinion which is them is a bigger song?

It's like comparing

Labour Party and APC

In terms of National spread

Congratulations BOLA Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Iamicekid:
Buga is Africa based with no promo but calm down is global with massive promo money spent in other to make it reach that peak

Please also tell us the amount they spent.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheOgaBoss: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
masseratti:
Never heard of calm down.ooo plus Selena has millions of followers hence the view on YouTube...try nd get Kyle Jenner in a musical video and see how you will be amazed with no of views.
if the music was not already a hit so u think u can get such an artist to feature in it?

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by frankson1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
englishmart:
Everywhere in Nigeria. But calm down is global.

It's 'Buga' until Governors start dancing 'calm down'

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Rahkman: 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
albanikeh001:
For those saying buga, it's obvious they don't know how mainstream music works. I have a friend all the way in Singapore and he said calm down by rema topped their chart for weeks. Buga blew massively but not on a global scale as calm down did
even india sef calm down dey top global chart

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Isabi4lov: 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by RPG2020(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
Baby calm down grin

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by LZAA: 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2023
21st century?? grin grin grin
None is even the biggest of a decade
Anyway to pick which is better i would take buga

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by deebrownneymar: 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
englishmart:
Buga and Calm down are arguably two of the biggest singles of the 21st century. In your opinion which is them is a bigger song?

Calm down for sure. Just look at global charts. Rema had gone global way before Burna Boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by superCleanworks(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
if you listen to the instrumentals of both songs, you will see the amount of work that was done on CALM DOWN. Even Shakira or any other good singer can flow on it.

BUGA is just an anthem like Zaazu. nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down is a global hit.

All over the world.

Buga is a hit on the African continent.

Another one is Last Last by Burna boy. (global hit)
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Shikini: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
IMPARTIAL:

Yes, Buga is everywhere in Nigeria and Africa.

Prove that Calm Down is global. Pls, don't mention that video that suggested Calm Down was played in a Qatar stadium. It was a social media creation. The song was added to the video while the actual sound from the video was mooted.

Lol ... you're laughably ignorant !
First first compare these YOUTUBE VIEWS:

1) Buga (Kiss Daniel) ... 115m

2) Calm Down (Rema) ... 334m
Calm Down (Rema ft Gomez) ... 232m
Calm Down TOTAL ........ 566m
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down is overrated

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Menclothing: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
Na cheat now that ft on d track make it global

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by kabukabu50(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down is American radio....never heard Buga not even once.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Tribal: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Tribal: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by phemmyfour: 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
bluebay:
Buga is local everywhere
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by GeneralDae: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
It's Buga for me because Tinubu loves it.

I'm in my house, come and beat me sad

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by nickxtra(m): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
englishmart:
Which one be Calm down again?

Na Buga I know

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Sweetvie: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
perdollar:
OP calm down, na buga sweet pass! If no b Barrack Obama wey choose calm down and rush as one of his 2022[b][/b] song me I for no know d song[b][/b]s
Then you simply do not exist
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Danisaint112(m): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thumps up to Rema. The guy finish work. His greatest move was to collaborate with Selena Gomez and had the video published in her Channel.
Hence making it a Global trend.

Kizz Daniel also gave it his best but the song looks and sounds more African than Calm down.

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Sweetvie: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down
The beat only dey burst head grin
Calm down is global
Buga is local.

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Sweetvie: 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
perdollar:
OP calm down, na buga sweet pass! If no b Barrack Obama wey choose calm down and rush as one of his 2022 song[/s] me I for no know d songs[s]
Then you simply do not exist
Coz even if you live in trenches sef
Calm down is everywhere
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Amayabor1: 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
As per streaming records, Calm down nor be buga mate.

Buga is a local/Africa hit. Calm down is a worldwide/global hit. Comparing Calm down to buga doesn't make sense. Buga can't reach calm down level.

The actual comparison should have been between Rema's Calm down and Ckay's love nwantiti

3 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Amayabor1: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
Iamicekid:
Buga is Africa based with no promo but calm down is global with massive promo money spent in other to make it reach that peak

Please keep quite. Buga had no promo but calm down had massive promo?

First, who told you Buga had no promo?

Secondly, is that the question? Who asked about which one had promo or not?

Calm down is a bigger song than buga. Na you come know which one get massive promo and which one nor get

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / Progress Is The Winner Of Nigerian Idol Season 7 (2022) / Where Can I Get To Download Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Reality Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.