Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? (33406 Views)

Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema To Headline NBA All-Star Game Half Time Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by proprince(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
Buga is local league
Calm down is Chanpions league grin
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
COMPAQ:
Selena Gomez helped Calm Down to blow and get more reach than Buga.

Buga seems to have been more localized to Nigeria and Africa, while Calm Down went more global.

I was in Atlanta a few weeks back and Calm Down was played like 10 times in one day on Power FM 96.1

The only annoying part of it was they kept announcing it as Selena Gomez featuring Rema.

Please stop speaking out of shear ignorance. Calm down had over 150m views long before Selena Gomez jumped on the board to do a remix. Calm down is international while buga is local but both are still wins
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by yomi531(m): 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
Buga by a mile...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Athemisia: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Calm down of course. Outside Africa who listens to Buga again
Shey na only Africa go world cup?
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Athemisia: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
TheKingIsHere:

Please stop speaking out of shear ignorance. Calm down had over 150m views long before Selena Gomez jumped on the board to do a remix. Calm down is international while buga is local but both are still wins

Local?
But KD was summoned to perform same song on the biggest global event? Nawa for una

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
Rahkman:
Check their views on youtube then judge by urself,calm down has 334 million views the biggest by any nigerian so far while buga is in 115 million views.....you should compare last last with calm down not buga....buga na local champion

Wrong sir. CKay "Love Nwantiti" has over 350m views on youtube and is currently the biggest by a Nigerian artiste but Calm down will soon break the record. I see calm down being the first Nigerian song to get 1bn views in a few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-YDEyuDxWU

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Athemisia: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
proprince:
Buga is local league
Calm down is Chanpions league grin
Local league that was performed in the world cup?
Dey there dey deceive yaself

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Athemisia: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
Rahkman:
Check their views on youtube then judge by urself,calm down has 334 million views the biggest by any nigerian so far while buga is in 115 million views.....you should compare last last with calm down not buga....buga na local champion
Calm down was released in 2021 while buga 2022.

Buga earn KD the opportunity to perform in the biggest global event.

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Athemisia:

Local?
But KD was summoned to perform same song on the biggest global event? Nawa for una

After begging to be allowed to perform? Several artiste that we dont know performed at the WC so it isnt even a debate.

As it stand, when it comes to streaming, the biggest artistes are (not in any order) Ckay, Wizkid, Burnaboy, Rema, Davido, ...............then you can add KD
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
Athemisia:

Calm down was released in 2021 while buga 2022.

Buga earn KD the opportunity to perform in the biggest global event.

Oga, stop spreading false information. Calm down came out 11 months ago (Feb 2022)

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
IMPARTIAL:

Yes, Buga is everywhere in Nigeria and Africa.

Prove that Calm Down is global. Pls, don't mention that video that suggested Calm Down was played in a Qatar stadium. It was a social media creation. The song was added to the video while the actual sound from the video was mooted.

Here's the proof smiley

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2023
So many ignorant people on this thread but not to worry, I have the time today to sensitize all cheesy
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
if the music was not already a hit so u think u can get such an artist to feature in it?

Don't mind them they just talk without thinking things through.

They think Selena Gomez will just do a remix if the song wasn't globally popular
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by perdollar(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Amayabor1:

Who ask you which one sweet pass? Na so una dey fail exam? Moreover, buga sweet pass to you. Calm down sweet pass to me.

But if you wan check the streaming records of both songs, calm down is a bigger song than buga. That you didn't know about Calm down before Obama mention am nor mean say the song is not a big song. Na because the song huge na im make obama mention am. Go ask Obama if he know any song called buga.
senorita calm down.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by perdollar(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Shikini:

You operate in the local league obviously
international listener well down
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Amayabor1:
As per streaming records, Calm down nor be buga mate.

Buga is a local/Africa hit. Calm down is a worldwide/global hit. Comparing Calm down to buga doesn't make sense. Buga can't reach calm down level.

The actual comparison should have been between Rema's Calm down and Ckay's love nwantiti

Gbam!!

Most don't even know that Ckay Love Nwantiti is a global hit on a platinum level shocked
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by perdollar(m): 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sweetvie:
Then you simply do not exist
I live in trenches, I am not homeless
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Amayabor1:

What is this one saying? Calm down was already hugely successful before the collabo. Infact, it was the huge success of the original song that made selena gomez to jump on the remix.

Most dont know, they think Selena just jumped in on a remix just like that cheesy
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
ebufa:

Rubbish ...calm down had over 100 million views on YouTube b4 the remix!

About 150m to be precise. I know because I am a fan of the song smiley
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
saajus:
This is a bad comparison. Buga is more popular in Africa. Calm down is a global hit. I think Calm Down should be compared with songs like "last last", "Essense", or "love nwantiti"

Exactly...Even Rush by Ayar star is global than buga
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
Inhuman69:

Una too dey type rubbish for this nairaland
If na twitter you type this rubbish you for done delete your account since

Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by masseratti: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
if the music was not already a hit so u think u can get such an artist to feature in it?
There are numerous naija artist that did collabo with usa artist ...it's nothing new if Selena was not featured it won't get the views it got simple
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by maxwell530(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
TheKingIsHere:

Here's the proof smiley
official music video is different from the song,the screenshot you posted is showing music video anyways
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by DesChyko: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
I think Buga is since it cuts across Nigerians of all time and ethics.

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
maxwell530:
official music video is different from the song,the screenshot you posted is showing music video anyways

Can't you see on the image as it is indicated as no 9 on global top music? You think say na beans?

Oya, click the link so that you can see it very well cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQLsdm1ZYAw
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Timbar: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
UrPapa:
Maybe just me but both songs are just there. Nothing special
I tell you very whack and no message for the future youth
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
Calm down is wild!

Nowhere in the world that song has not gotten to

Different translations in different countries exist

Song is bound for a Grammy

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
DesChyko:
I think Buga is since it cuts across Nigerians of all time and ethics.

You are right! But when it comes to worldwide, calm down rules the airwaves!
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by TheKingIsHere: 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Calm down is wild!

Nowhere in the world that song has not gotten to

Different translations in different countries exist

Song is bound for a Grammy

Exactly, I have seen calm down in spanish, italian, arabic, indian, polish etc. It's crazy

But i think Essence or last last will win the grammy (I might be wrong)

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by gozzlin: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kingcalls:
Haba ...na buga na... Buga na biggest song this year na

Which year? angry
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by gozzlin: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin

Rema is really lucky to be under Don Baba jay. If not his career would have plummet!

But Ruga is far better than Rema.

You can't even spell his name correctly.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
gozzlin:

You can't even spell his name correctly.

At least you got the message. That's the most important thing! Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Music : Bro Collins Ononuju - Look To You / Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / Progress Is The Winner Of Nigerian Idol Season 7 (2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.