Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? (24332 Views)

Scam Check: I Keep Getting Message From This Person To Make Money Online / Should Chioma Truly Open Up To This Person Or Allow The New Staff Finds Out Thin / I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by madridguy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2023
Believe me you are not overreacting neither she is a bad person.
Just have this at the back your mind, Water wey person go drink no go flow pass you.

198 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
You are not smart and you don’t learn from your mistakes, I guess you are this vulnerable because it’s a woman involved. Keep divulging your plans to her, you can as well save up your capital in her bank account.

517 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
madridguy:
Just have this at the back your mind, Water wey person go drink no go flow pass you.

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
madridguy:

But also remember, that unless it's by grace or miracle, as the water dey flow come, you gaz use your sense and ability hustle for the water make e reach you.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by BMathew: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
You have your life to live so also your friend. Forgive her and move on, then move in silence.
If you're not looking for competition or validation from anyone, is there any reason for you to disclose some vital information about your job with her?

Stay humble and be yourself.

57 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
peepydelano:
You are not smart and you don’t learn from your mistakes, I guess you are this vulnerable because it’s a woman involved. Keep divulging your plans to her, you can as well save up your capital in her bank account.

You won't understand.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by madridguy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
I perfectly understood you bros. As a human, I will feel the same but be rest assured she will come back to her senses and also to apologize. Just be doing your business, your own customers will still be yours.

EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things they make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
BMathew:
You have your life to live so also your friend. Forgive her and move on, then move in silence.
If you're not looking for competition or validation from anyone, is there any reason for you to disclose some vital information about your job with her?

Stay humble and be yourself.

She's more like a family so in a bid to know how every one is faring in business and life generally, we end up disclosing somethings to each other but I don't know why she uses mine against me.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
madridguy:
I perfectly understood you bros. As a human, I will feel the same but be rest assured she will come back to her senses and also to apologize. Just be doing your business, your own customers will still be yours.

Ok, bro.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Oloki: 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Why do you keep telling her your mind? Can't you keep it to yourself? She is riding on your ideas to get what she wants. Since she is the manipulative type, put her at arms length. It is obvious she is after her own interest.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by brain54(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Op you talk too much…

Keep your cards close to your chest!

Or what’s the essence of you telling your plans?

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Rexymania(m): 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
What's the nature of the job?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by JeffreyJunior: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
You shot yourself in the leg by sharing your plans, your strength and your failures with her.

Must you tell someone your every move in this world where people now take advantage of each other?

In my profession, there are certain skills I still keep to myself. I've instructed in several training sessions and lots of people say I'm a good instructor but I still manage to keep those skills private because I acquired them privately.

I know no one is indispensable but giving them away in a platter will take away the little leverage I still manage to have over some issues.

Learn from your mistakes and good luck.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by dochenaj: 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
This post reads like a redacted page.

So much obfuscation.

Anyway, do as you deem fit.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Oloki:
Why do you keep telling her your mind? Can't you keep it to yourself? She is riding on your ideas to get what she wants. Since she is the manipulative type, put her at arms length. It is obvious she is after her own interest.

She's just like a family and a close confidant.
I'll learn to keep things to myself.

Thank you.

JeffreyJunior:
You shot yourself in the leg by sharing your plans, your strength and your failures with her.

Must you tell someone your everyone move in this world where people now take advantage of each other?

In my profession, there are certain skills I still keep to myself. I've instructed in several training sessions and a lot people say I'm a good instructor but I still manage to keep those skills private because I acquired them privately.

I know no one is indispensable but giving them away in a platter will take away the little leverage I still manage to have over some issues.

Learn from your mistakes and good luck.
Thanks for this. I've learnt a thing from your contribution. I'll adjust.
Thank you.

Rexymania:
What's the nature of the job?

Educational Consultancy.

brain54:
Op you talk too much…

Keep your cards close to your chest!

Or what’s the essence of you telling your plans?

Ok. I've heard. I've learnt my lessons.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EriMma1: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2023
Thanks everyone for your wise contributions.
Ill make necessary adjustments and learn to be more discreet henceforth.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Lance03: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2023
Don't tell such person ur plans

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Richy4(m): 11:15am On Jan 17, 2023
Honestly, I don't see any thing wrong here smiley...You are the master, and she is learning from you.. If u have a review, she too will follow the master's footsteps...

The only Issue I believe you were struggling with was because you were not so grounded yet in your business or let's say you have not arrived yet...

If not, the kind of good heart I believe you have, u will not be scared if she picks the crumbs under your table..I believe she did not even pay to learn from you...

As some said, just reduce the information shared, keep casting your net into the Ocean with hope that you will catch a bigger fish... With that, you won't see her as a competitor but a girl you trained who can pick left overs that you overlooked.. Good luck buddy..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Divay22(f): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

What are you doing, if i may ask please?
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 17, 2023

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Esales(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
I suppose wipe you USB cord before replying you angry
Guy, she obviously sees you as a competition which is why she refused to be under you even when she only spent 3weeks in training. Do you think she has forgotten that you refused to reach her some stuffs after she left you?
Open your eyes bro.
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by seanwilliam(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
Be five steps ahead
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Aloof: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Your ordeal with the company is non of her Business, its an open world out there, and free for all.
Do you feed her?
Do you pay her bills? Why feel stabbed?
You sounded like a woman on that, are you a woman? That's childish.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

She's not competing with you, she's just a fast learner. Aren't you the one that taught her how to? Why feel sad if she follows your footsteps?
A good learner is the one that learns from people, not the one that sits and wait for experiences to teach them.

If you want to start concealing things from her, that's fine, you don't owe her your business secrets, neither does she owe you the way she wishes to do the business.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodAmerican:
Why do you keep confiding in her and telling her things after she has shown you she's not to be trusted? Someone like her won't hesitate to stab you in the back just to get ahead of you. This person is not your friend. You need to wisen up and dissociate yourself from her.
Listen to the good American advice.
He's said it all.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by ImoleNaija: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by LordReed(m): 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?

Why are you telling your business information to a competitor? You are being naive is what is happening here.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by SirJerrie(m): 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
A WISE MAN ONCE SAID: "LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS"

"Those who talk too much expose themselves to danger." -Proverbs 14:23

LEARN TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS TO YOURSELF!!!
STOP EXPOSING YOUR PLANS TO YOUR COMPETITION

THAT'S THE ONLY ADVICE YOU NEED

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Sheistoopretty(f): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
I didn't know it will be dis long sad sad

I don't have time to read all dis please sad sad sad
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Sweetvie: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You spill too much for a guy undecided That's your problem

5 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Dbegining: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
My own question is one, not two.

All these things you did for this girl and according to you is not your babe, can you do the same for your fellow guyman?.

Guys can be very funny

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by HydraFeeds(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Most people you help are in competition with you.

I’m talking from experience.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc Fresh Job Recruitment - 6th October, 2015 / Apply For Exxonmobil Recruitment For Information System Analyst (graduate & Exp) / N-Power Training Commences In October As 749,000 Applications Were Received

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.