Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? (24362 Views)

Scam Check: I Keep Getting Message From This Person To Make Money Online / Should Chioma Truly Open Up To This Person Or Allow The New Staff Finds Out Thin / I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by FashionCookie(f): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
You sef no sabi close mouth...haba!
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by imagrg(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
I know you love sharing like I do but life has now taught me to keep certain things to myself especially business secrets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by naturefellow(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. I'm shocked.
maybe, you wouldn't be witnessing such drama if you gave a fellow man same privileges
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by naturefellow(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
peepydelano:
You are not smart and you don’t learn from your mistakes, I guess you are this vulnerable because it’s a woman involved. Keep divulging your plans to her, you can as well save up your capital in her bank account.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by 9japride(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Long story short, the girl dey enter your eye. Dey play just dey play. Hope you have tried to help a struggling young man? Normally as a wise man you shouldn't reveal a lot about your business success. Continue.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by waice6571: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?

I felt you are just overly concerned about her.

It is her business not yours anymore. She's the CEO of her business. Treat her as a competitor and a threat to your business. That is the way to go!

Every successful business has their secret and reason why they can fight hard in a competitive market.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by ebbo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
In the voice of the redpillers here, brother you are a big simp.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
When she needs your help, you refuse helping her because she left your training earlier than you expected... But, when you're looking for who to whine to, she's the one you run to, and even told her all the details about the missed client... I really don't understand your relationship with the person

You're angry she left early, were you in her mind to know how long she wanted to stay before?... I guess you wanted to rub it in by telling her how many clients you're applying to and how you're reviewing price, unfortunately she wise pass you

Your story no complete jare... For someone you're supposedly angry with and does not help, you're too attached

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by VirileNelly2420: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?
She's acting natural my dear. The world is all about competition.

U mean because u sell a particular market, others should now desist from selling it?

I don't know, but I honestly think U're d one being jealous/envious of ur friend. (Just a personal opinion)
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Mina79(f): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

All your fault!
Why do you keep telling her your moves, learn how to shut your mouth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Anakazo22: 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You no try at all, in business you must have some secret which you don't divulge easily to anyone, I don't think you are overreacting and that lady is a betrayer trust me, if she has opportunity she will collect all your client. Be careful my guy. As the Bible says, be wise as a serpent and be harmless as a dove. Never tell her any of your plans again
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
peepydelano:
You are not smart and you don’t learn from your mistakes, I guess you are this vulnerable because it’s a woman involved. Keep divulging your plans to her, you can as well save up your capital in her bank account.
Na because na woman.
U are right.very right.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
peepydelano:
You are very right.
Because na woman cool
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Johnsown1(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Oga your over reacting because people have different destiny. So free your mind from envy and work Xtra hard because she might be your step to upgrade tomorrow
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Financialman: 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Now listen carefully,you are working with a witch,who will gladly kill you through poison if the opportunity presents itself
Just dey there dey play,you hear!!!
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by OLOKOESHIN: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You are not overreacting but just let things go in your mind. Oga wey teach me work still dey rich more even though we wey be him apprentice still full this town

Besides, what's the type of work you taught her gangan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Tzark94: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Baba, you're competing with your gf. Why you come dey hide am?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by gbogboija: 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Your ship is about to sink.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by NovusHomo(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Normal. It is called COMPETITION. That's all. But keep your plans to yourself. Why would you do otherwise?
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by NovusHomo(m): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.

Now, the truth is coming out...gradually
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by UnproudLife: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

She's just like a family and a close confidant.
I'll learn to keep things to myself.

Thank you.

Thanks for this. I've learnt a thing from your contribution. I'll adjust.
Thank you.

Educational Consultancy.

Ok. I've heard. I've learnt my lessons.
I must say while reading on I get vexed with your level of generosity. In business you have to be secretive in many aspects. Keep your core business secrets to yourself.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nyanabo(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
You are not over reacting. You've revealed to much as it is. A business person doesn't reveal his or her business strategy. Be wise.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by naijapikin2(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
It seems as if you talk too much. Don't you know what they call "official secret"?

I think you know what the issue is, you sing too much.

Anyways you will get better jobs. Just talk less.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by peedeeasobie(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Keep telling her your plans...

You will soon start begging her for peanuts
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by saintruky(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Bros no vex... U fit teach me this thing?

EriMma1:

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Afonjacrusder(f): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job.

Please what's this line of business?
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Cathmira: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
Stop telling her things about the job or what u want to do
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Slade47(m): 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
THE FEMALE GENDER
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by CaptainFM1: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

It's high time you started avoiding her.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by damoobaba: 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Shut up, face your business, don't reveal any secret. She has passed the stage of getting free info from you. She should be charged for any professional info she wants from you.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Innobee99(m): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Must u tell her every step u take?
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by marsup: 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
You don't need any one to tell you what to do.
Business is business, just know when to draw the line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Write CV If You Have No Work Experience - EDUREGARD / The Untold Stories Of Nigerians Seeking Work In Libya. So Unfortunate! / NPOWER LAGOS: What My PPA Headteacher Fowarded To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.