Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,739 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Will You Regret When You Are 80? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Regret When You Are 80? (385 Views)

Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
What will Regrets will you have when you reach the age of 80?

Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by madridguy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
If I don't have money to marry many wives.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
If I don’t worship my Lord correctly over the years that would be the biggest regret for me. I pray I get sense before then and die peacefully; Happy with Him, and He is happy with me.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by everythinggirly(f): 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
At that age, what someone should be thinking about is death, a peaceful one to be with God.
May God help us to run this heavenly race even in our youthful age, till we wear the crown of life. Amen.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
TheMaterialist:

did you really think before you asked the question?

if am to know my regrets at 80 now, then at 80 (the future) i wont have any because i would have seen them now (the present) and start to take the right direction from now

My point is you can not know some regrets becoz the future is not known
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nazgul: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hopefully nothing. My prayer is to achieve all my goals before I get to that age.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Oluneutral: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
@op, why are you so specific about 80, why not 90 or 70 or 100, or even 85 or 79, why 80 gangan?

Or better still, why is your question not directed to old age? What is so spectacular about 80 years of age?
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Justbehave(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hudaina,come and see something. Your attention is needed here.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
grin grin grin
Justbehave:
Hudaina,come and see something. Your attention is needed here.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
Oluneutral:
@op, why are you so specific about 80, why not 90 or 70 or 100, or even 85 or 79, why 80 gangan?

Or better still, why is your question not directed to old age? What is so spectacular about 80 years of age?

Because the Person who inspired this quote is
One of my Role Models Jeff Bezos, and he asks
that question a lot.

It is one of his ways of gaining a sense of priority
of what really matters in life.

He is also a Man who is known for Planning ahead
as much as 20 years into the Future.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Justbehave(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
HudaIna:
grin grin grin

Talk joor.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

did you really think before you asked the question?

if am to know my regrets at 80 now, then at 80 (the future) i wont have any because i would have seen them now (the present) and start to take the right direction from now

My point is you can not know some regrets becoz the future is not known

That is the whole point of this exercise:

To Avoid Future Regrets and Mistakes Through Mental Precognition and Imagination.

Because...

Foresight is Far Better Than Hindsight.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
TheMaterialist:

That is the whole point of this exercise:

To Avoid Future Regrets and Mistakes Through Mental Precognition and Imagination.

Because...

Foresight is Far Better Than Hindsight.

i think you are failing to say your point or view

I am 47yr old meaning i have 33 years ahead of me, that is if am to live to that age

Alot can happen in 33 years regardless, what i had planned or what i achieved, no matter how much you plan, set and achieve can gaurantee no regrets at the end of time or age

If life was simple as your question tries to direct no one would have regrets

yes mental precognition and imagination can change things that you have power over but it doesnt mean you will able to avoid regrets in the future
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

I am 47yr old meaning i have 33 years ahead of me, that is if am to live to that age

Alot can happen in 33 years regardless, what i had planned or what i achieved, no matter how much you plan, set and achieve can gaurantee no regrets at the end of time or age

You’re confusing yourself… this is a simple exercise in foresight. Imagination is creation.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

Okay?
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
HudaIna:
angry

Check your op!

#Grammar police

It was done on purpose.

It's more like Okaaaaaayy?

Meaning i read what he wrote but i am not yet
convinced and i don't fully agree.

It denotes...

Uncertainty.
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
TheMaterialist:

It was done on purspose.

It's more like Okaaaaaayy?

Meaning i read what he wrote but i am not yet
convinced and i don't fully agree.

It denotes...

Uncertainty.

Be triggering pps for no reason and…
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
HudaIna:

You’re confusing yourself… this is a simple exercise in foresight. Imagination is creation.

lets say i am confusing myself

How would you avoid regrets that at 80 you wont have any
Re: What Will You Regret When You Are 80? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
TheMaterialist:
ZIMDRILL:

lets say i am confusing myself

How would you avoid regrets that at 80 you wont have any

Maté, it’s English but okay!

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating 10years Of Friendship. / The Real Hero Of The Hakimi's Story / Parents Be Warned !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.