Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks (28568 Views)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 / CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Jogs1900: 3:05am On Jan 20, 2023
litigator:

You don’t understand. Look deeper. Who owns the money deposit banks?

Who are against this CBN policy?

Now you will see some answers

My problem is Nigerians don’t even value what they have . But we will soon begin to understand that why we didn’t care for our father’s house, destitutes took over and became lords and masters why the sons became slaves.

Shalom
If the ATM dispenses old notes, how will you reject it.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Bfly: 3:35am On Jan 20, 2023
What you don't understand is that the bank is still busy servicing this old notes to the old thieves to replace the old notes they stacked in their homes.

Why do banks give preferential treatment to moneybags? We all probably know but it is not sane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by bdon123(m): 3:59am On Jan 20, 2023
7arrows:

How many ATM machines pay out new notes? The easy way to withdraw out currency is via the banks. In Europe u dont even know the notes have been changed. Ones the old ones gets into the bank it never comes out. Th ey should start by paying new notes in all atm. And let's even see who will be buying new notes at parties to spray. I still blame the oga patapata of them all CBN and Buhari. APC is a fraud. Wicked and evil government.
Bt they allowd d bank to pay u notes instead bank managers diverted it for their politician friends who wants to create artificial scarcity or change their stolen wealth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Evangdanyno2017(m): 4:10am On Jan 20, 2023
CBN should give a link where one can send their reports to, Ecobank is still giving out old naira notes, telling the public that there no new naira notes. I don't understand Ecobank and their whahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Thurpe(m): 4:27am On Jan 20, 2023
So na we go reject the old notes abi makuna order all dose banks make dem stop issuing old notes to dia customers. Na God go punish all of una sef
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Osanoghodua1: 4:32am On Jan 20, 2023
New Notes are substandard. Emiefele is a useless thief. Nigerians must reject the new bills and demand a redesign. Arrest Emefiele and jail him.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Cutehector(m): 4:35am On Jan 20, 2023
It is going to happen that Nigerians will get angry and vote out APC From govt in the forthcoming elections.

A new govt will emerge.

Falseprophet1 please concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by odoemenacelevian(m): 4:53am On Jan 20, 2023
Make them come Enugu abeg
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:04am On Jan 20, 2023
They should give us a channel to report such banks with evidences

UBA, Na una go first hear am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Jidegold112: 5:23am On Jan 20, 2023
Hmm � �, so far, how much has CBN minted out? At what percentage are they giving it to DMBs? Bring cash and take a lesser percentage. No PR, not bigger exchange, and you want the new redesigned everywhere you look? How many state, how many bank branches in each of them, take for instance, Access bank in Abuja, how much will CBN dish them to serve their on-site and off site ATMs, now, imagine how many Access bank branches nationwide, also imagine how many DMBs in Nigeria, Access, GTCO, Fidelity, Ecobank, Providuce, Globus, Titan(UBN) Wema, Lotus, FCMB, Polaris, UBA, Unity, Heritage, Zenith, Keystone, MFBs, etc.
CBN should wake up and see reasons, extend the deadline, sensitize more, increase the limits etc. God bless ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by onyfrank: 5:32am On Jan 20, 2023
It is a shameful thing to do that.
Reject what?

How?
Go and sanction the banks giving out old notes, not us rejecting it.
Are you this toothless, oh CBN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by duality(m): 5:36am On Jan 20, 2023
CBN are not serious jare.
They should work into any ATM around, withdraw money and sanction the bank immediately.

No dey wast our time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by iamsolasoul(f): 6:09am On Jan 20, 2023
January 31st never come … if na benz now dem go Dey collect note run

Welcome to a battle you lost on the first day
Sincerely,

MI
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by onyxo76(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2023
by next Wednesday I'll instruct my staff to stop collecting old notes from customers, anyone who has old notes go do use pos or transfer, i cannot stress myself carrying old notes for exchange to banks from upper week, they just take people dey play ludo for this country.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by iamsolasoul(f): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2023
onyxo76:
by next Wednesday I'll instruct my staff to stop collecting old notes from customers, anyone who has old notes go do use pos or transfer, i cannot stress myself carrying old notes for exchange to banks from upper week, they just take people dey play ludo for this country.

This is what happened during the civil war change of policy without the right circulation don’t allow it to happen again they said January 31st let rural areas catch up

So bank robber no go see free cash to loot because the car made it back to the original owner

Ps the balance for London edgeware is £13000 I added damages and attempts

1 Like

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by CaptainFM1: 6:15am On Jan 20, 2023
No need to tell people....once the money becomes paper in their hand, they will know!
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Sonoyom(m): 6:18am On Jan 20, 2023
These CBN guys are plain stupid, how much of the new currency have they given to Commercial banks?
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Tinubumyman: 6:28am On Jan 20, 2023
Una na know say most of this bank are owned by politicians..,
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Senatorbng(m): 6:28am On Jan 20, 2023
CBN has given more than enough of the new notes. It is corrupt commercial bank officials that are conniving with politicians to swap the new notes and hoard them in preparation for vote buying.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Omoapena(m): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2023
People have started hoarding new notes, I'm sure banks would have exchanged the old notes for new notes with some prominent people thereby causing shortage of the new notes to go around
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by meobizy(f): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2023
I got the new currency yesterday from an ATM. Good lord, the thing is ugly.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by RevolverOcelot(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2023
Emefiele again
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Miles300: 6:32am On Jan 20, 2023
Until we having a working institutions we are not there yet ....imagine the CBN urging Nigeria to reject old notes when they can enforce such directives and sanction or fine banks that violate their orders ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Govocrete: 6:32am On Jan 20, 2023
Fine those banks for disobeying the directive. The bank are the most currupt institution in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by maasoap(m): 6:57am On Jan 20, 2023
How do you do that when you are dealing with ATMs. Even CBN doesn't know how to handle this, these stubborn goats at the CBN are still adamant about the January ending. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by maasoap(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2023
gunuvi:
Can you imagine this useless evil government. Government fighting government
Only during APC regime this is happening.
Urchinsgo and die!

Partisan politics kill u there
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by maasoap(m): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2023
DrChukki:
There are still Nigerians that has never set their eyes on any of the new notes...

This their January 31st thing go mad oh

I had opportunity to collect new 1000 and 200 notes only once, I have not had opportunity to collect new 500 note once. I live in the state capital, it is that worse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by maasoap(m): 7:05am On Jan 20, 2023
Kennyfancy:
This people are really serious about stopping Tinubu oh, I see Buhari hand in all this

Because only Tinubu will spend money in the forthcoming election, lol.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by jojothaiv(m): 7:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Truvelisback:
CBN should hold their banks responsible.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Snowx: 7:23am On Jan 20, 2023
Na average Nigerians and poor masses will suffer this if this order holds on 31st..bunch of incompetent Leaders..how can we just use new naira note when all the banks are still issuing old notes bikonu..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by gonkin(m): 7:24am On Jan 20, 2023
Splitmind:

Keep quiet! angry

Keep dying
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks by Snowx: 7:27am On Jan 20, 2023
CaptainFM1:
No need to tell people....once the money becomes paper in their hand, they will know!

Is like you living in Jupiter? Where their banks give you new notes..ewu..people re lamenting not issuance of new note you re here talking about paper..where wld they get the new notes..aturu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me!! My Money Is Missing. / Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account / Elon Musk Hires New Female CEO For Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.