Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) (36261 Views)

Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Magic Table Top Gas Cooker With Grill / See This Fire Wood Cooking Stove Invented By A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by tradepunter: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2023
It's common with this type of gas burners.... One of the pipes supplying gas to the burner have dislodged from it's place for a while unknown to you...

So it's been flaring silently under the burner.... Thus smelting the body of the stove.... So I am guessing you had something on fire and Left it for a while...

This time it disintegrated it.... Avoid all those cheap chinko made gas burners....

Buy the local type made of rods.... That there no covering or binaton

3 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by qtx(m): 10:58am On Jan 20, 2023
dawnomike:
Harmattan
Fake product. I had that experience before. I avoid those ones like plague now.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by etibaba(m): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2023
mexxy1:
That gas doesn't look like something that hasn't been used up to a month.

The burners are rusted and the metal plate around the knobs as well unless you bought it from someone who had previously used it.
That's not what he said, rather he said that "In the last one month plus he hasn't used the gas"

5 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by GloriousGbola: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2023
So this happens all the time with glass covered pcs in contact with ceramic tiles. It may be the same issue you have here.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by wellmax(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2023
It's glass top. Normal things.

The day mine happened, if i wasn't there, I would have accused those at home if hitting it with something.

Since then, i stopped buying glass top.

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by JOemmy(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2023
Am even thinking of buying something like this thank God I saw this post.

3 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by TheOgaBoss: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Too many fake products in Nigeria these days ..

But what to do ?
Can you even afford the new ones if they were imported ?

Poor you embarassed
expired not necessarily fake.

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Chopcy29: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
In this case I believe the glass top has expired and would no longer withstand the heat.

However, thermal stress will make glass shatter when cooled rapidly after it has been exposed to heat.

Forget this English mate na chimko doings
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by wellmax(m): 11:05am On Jan 20, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

Buhari came , and destroyed everything ..

Tinubu is coming to double down on that destruction ..
He will wipe you all in a nuclear tsunami of pain and poverty

Thanks for claiming your portion in the entity called Nigeria
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by mozona(m): 11:05am On Jan 20, 2023
God is wonderful.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2023
wellmax:

Thanks for claiming your portion in the entity called Nigeria
how ?

I don't understand
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Alliswell73: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2023
How can one know the expiry date to avoid future occurrences?
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by space9880: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
My Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into the corridor..
I was in the room when I heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the corridor.

The glass continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. I have not used this stove for about a month plus. so the surface was not hot..
Please what could be the cause of this.
this thing happened to me last month too o I was confused as Bleep.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by JOemmy(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2023
davibid:
I’ve had similar experience, mine was in use and the level shattering was as if someone hit it with hammer but the luck I had was nobody was in the kitchen as at when the incident happened

So I don’t advise anyone to buy this type because it’s dangerous

Which is the best the metal one I bought is rusting from the gas pipes?
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 20, 2023
I Dey happen sometimes. Just be thanking God for your life. It has happened in my house before. Even they are cooking and suddenly explodes. But nobody was inside the kitchen.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by AfonjaConehead: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2023
wondazz:

That expired glass has been on a quarter to quench mode...it was just only a matter of time grin
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by youngrichnigga: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2023
This could have had serious impacts had someone been present when it shattered. Looks like it has expired but the expiry dates are never on the cooker. I used that Thermocool gas cooker in early 2000s and exact same situation played out.
No standard adherence in Nigeria by the manufacturers and importers. The SON and other regulatory agencies are just rubber stamps in the country angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Dshocker(m): 11:10am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
My Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into the corridor..
I was in the room when I heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the corridor.

The glass continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. I have not used this stove for about a month plus. so the surface was not hot..

Did you buy it as tokunbo or Nigerian used?

Because from what i am seeing, it looks 2yrs old

Original one goes from 50k upwards, and you will notice the difference when using it compared to China made, it barely stains your pot and the fire is pure blue.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by harmonyglobal: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2023
It happened to mine too,
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Neckpresser101: 11:13am On Jan 20, 2023
Simple physics

The glass expanded and cooled down quickly!

3 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by flexyrule(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

I used to own this same table top gas burner.

Omoh. The efficiency of this gas top is second to none. Very very fast!

Mine also shattered like this after the second year.

I now use the bigger standing gas cooker.. But damn, everytime I cook, I still miss this old gas cooler.

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by melonsgroup: 11:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Dshocker:

Did you buy it as tokunbo or Nigerian used?

Because from what i am seeing, it looks 2yrs old

Original one goes from 50k upwards, and you will notice the difference when using it compared to China made, it barely stains your pot and the fire is pure blue.
I bought it
brown new with carton sincee 2016
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by udomma1005(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

Nothing to worry about just your village people playing with you grin
Make una continue dey play!

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by CaptainFM1: 11:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Thermal stress!

Is your kitchen properly ventilated?
Or do you have adequate heat extraction means?

I guess you see why AC is put in modern kitchens now?

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by chloride6: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2023
Temperature induced stress.

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by simplepee(f): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2023
See the cooker sef. Life don tire am. Please go and buy another one, do you want to use it forever?

5 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Dshocker(m): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
I bought it
brown new with carton sincee 2016

Ok, i guess it has expired
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Kobicove(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2023
This likely happened because the glass had expired

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by comrChris(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2023
I experienced this two years ago
I was shocked
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by melonsgroup: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2023
simplepee:
See the cooker sef. Life don tire am. Please go and buy another one, do you want to use it forever?
you guys are mouthed in this forum...

Hahahahhahahqhahahah

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by iukpe: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2023
I used a few of these cookers commercially for some years and experienced nthis about 3times out the f about 6 of them. So it's a 50/50 chance that it will happen to this glass top thermacool cookers. Very annoying.
It has nothing to do with expiration because one of them occoured in a few months of purchase while others lasted a bit over a year. It's just a case of sub standard glass being used for the top. And they all shattered when they had cooled and just sitting there.
Sad news is, no replacement top anywhere so it's junk when this happens.

3 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by OnyeFely: 11:22am On Jan 20, 2023
Buy metal, and avoid the glass type

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Amazing Benefits Of Drinking Water First Thing In The Morning / GWR: Tope Maggie Completes 200-Hour Cooking (Photos) / Malnourished Christy, Rescued By Betta Edu, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.