Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:59 PM

Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive (11243 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / Banks Begin Collection Of Old Naira Notes Despite CBN’s Denial Of Directive / Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by mastermaestro(m): 10:48am On Jan 20, 2023
No one fears CBN anymore. Their governor is just a normal politician now in the eyes of the banks. grin

3 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Seekhimnow: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2023
31st January is not visible. Lots of villages are yet to see the new note.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Kayluka100: 10:49am On Jan 20, 2023
I withdraw this morning from atm I don't see any new naira note in what atm gave me

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Flier: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2023
mastermaestro:
No one fears CBN anymore. Their governor is just a normal politician now in the eyes of the banks. grin
Emefiele has agenda that no one knows or only his pay master knows,bank are saying they are not being supplied new naira notes and Emefiele know this but just decieving Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by extol1(m): 10:51am On Jan 20, 2023
Even GTB yesterday that I went to withdraw inside the bank, I was giving old currency

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Sleekfingers: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/despite-cbns-directive-bank-atms-still-dispensing-old-naira-notes/

How much CBN go pay me, if I whistle blow some banks ATM on broad street dispensing old notes?
Bunch of stupid people

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by MrTed(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2023
You can only dispense what you have. You can't put water in a dispenser and expect juice. Know this and know peace. In some areas as I speak, the new currency is highly rejected and unaccepted. This new currency policy was ill-timed. Thanks to their wise policy
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Acidosis(m): 10:55am On Jan 20, 2023
The truth is clear. Politicians have withdrawn all the new notes. It's a game plan.

3 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Eriokanmi: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2023
Unfortunately, some of the so called bank directors are complicit in money laundering and cash hoarding. The same people collude with politicians to frustrate the monetary policies and efforts of the fed government through the CBN. Emefiele has been so soft on banks since the beginning of his administration, maybe because he was once in the dirty system too. He may be abating their heinous activities, who knows. SLS, Joseph Sanusi and Soludo remain the husbands of these commercial banks. They'd axe them with billions of naira fines without looking back once they failed to comply with the CBN's directives.

4 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by brainint: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2023
Probably a delay tactics to checkmate vote buyers.

If the new notes come out a few days before election

By then it is too late for vote merchants/buyers

Vote character & accountability

2 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Eriokanmi: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2023
Acidosis:

The truth is clear. Politicians have withdrawn all the new notes. It's a game plan.
No! They can't withdraw more than the approved limit of the new notes. No bank would give them. The commercial banks are conniving with politicians to empty their vaults of the old notes received from them. That's why they're not been releasing the new ones. These people are wicked

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by LegacyB: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2023
Joevics:
The banks are working with political parties to frustrate distribution of the new naira notes.

Nothing more.
Banks that used to fear CBN, now don't care all of a sudden. While CBN governor is been chased around by DSS.

The same DSS was nowhere when he bought presidential form.

Wrong. CBN should supply more cash to Banks . Most ATMs are not even paying currently. If you see old notes better collect for now. I don’t believe we have to be unfair to Banks all the time .

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Coldie(m): 11:05am On Jan 20, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
This is serious.

They're in collusion with the theifing politicians
Truth, they are giving the new naira notes to politicians

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by TheOgaBoss: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2023
Mikelarteta:
Clueless government. Anybody just Dey do Wetin dem like.
I tell u, buhari is indeed a very weak leader.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by obailala(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2023
Barely 11 days left and I've seen the new N500 note only once; I havent even seen the new N200 or N1000 at all and all bank ATMs still dispence old notes up till today. Yet they want to phase out old notes in 11 days?

It's either the CBN executives are high on some strange substance, or there could be very powerful forces within which are frustrating the deployment of the new notes. Whatever the case may be, it's absolutely impossible for banks to reject the old notes from 31st of January.

4 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by thunder74(m): 11:11am On Jan 20, 2023
Politicians have mopped up the new notes for vote buying.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by gfelo(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2023
the new note has been sold to politician, any ATM i go now, if i withdraw and is dispensing old note i will snap it, post it in all my social network and caption it with the name of the bank, u guys cant be fooling us.

2 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by tarantino1: 11:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Withdrew 50K this morning from UBA, not even a single new note was found

CBN just dey fool themselves. 31st Jan my black yansh

4 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Gbadespet(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2023
Those banks are actually keeping the new note for politicians against February,new note go many that election day...
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Bmaster(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2023
Congratulations emefiele!
U are about to witness a great protest very soon.

Confused lots undecided

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by gfelo(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2023
they denied him right to contest for president thats why he want to make it impossible for the to buy vote, politician went back to the bank and buy the new note, but u will see d dead line with not be extended, some bank may loose
Joevics:
The banks are working with political parties to frustrate distribution of the new naira notes.

Nothing more.
Banks that used to fear CBN, now don't care all of a sudden. While CBN governor is been chased around by DSS.

The same DSS was nowhere when he bought presidential form.

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by onyxo76(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2023
Gbadespet:
Those banks are actually keeping the new note for politicians against February,new note go many that election day...
yes that is the grand move...election day you will see heaps upon heaps of new notes to be given out.

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by LonelyWolfz: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2023
that’s in your location. Here bank ATM are paying only new notes...

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Fiscus105(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2023
Not to give directive that most important but to enforce, and how will you enforce?You send ur own (CBN) staff to different bank's branches to see compliance, for those that are not obeying, you punish them and make it public as deterrent for others.

Here in our jungle, they only interested in Making laws and less concerned about obeying, they forget that if u re not punish errant subordinates, human beings have tendency to disobey.

3 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by arantess: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2023
and people are blaming emefiele on this one

there is serious institutional rascality from commercial banks

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Fiscus105(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2023
arantess:
and people are blaming emefiele on this one

there is serious institutional rascality from commercial banks

And who to blame Oga? I guess "me" that lack power to deal with any bank that flouts the order!
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Diekahero: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2023
noble71:
shocked
Politicians are collecting all available new Notes ahead of next month election.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile sell your Pi to us at a good rate.
What rate are you selling?
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by noble71(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2023
Diekahero:

What rate are you selling?
I don't sell, I only buy.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by 43Ronin: 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
davibid:
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria

What will it take for the banks to put the new notes in their atm, always want to stress the common man

It’s really sad that some people don’t want to see Nigeria progress at all. �‍♂️

Bro banks don't have the new notes. Remember banks don't print money they go to CBN to get funds. Its whatever CBN gives dem that they will pay out. Think about it why should all the banks hoars new naira notes. CBN deybuse una play ludo
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by 43Ronin: 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Guys pls you are young, think outside the box! Why would banks not pay out the new notes? Because they do not have it. If banks are not paying it means the CBN has not printed enough to fo round
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by davibid: 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2023
43Ronin:

Bro banks don't have the new notes. Remember banks don't print money they go to CBN to get funds. Its whatever CBN gives dem that they will pay out. Think about it why should all the banks hoars new naira notes. CBN deybuse una play ludo

Except there’s something fishy going on, because cbn has said banks have refused to come and collect the new notes

Abeg I tire for this country
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Joevics(m): 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
LegacyB:

Wrong. CBN should supply more cash to Banks . Most ATMs are not even paying currently. If you see old notes better collect for now. I don’t believe we have to be unfair to Banks all the time .
Why do you think CBN is forcing banks to load to ATMs? Banks are selling the new notes to politicians to save for election, which is why it's scarce. Are you even following this saga? Do you know the Emiefele would have been arrested since and replaced with the deputy who is Yoruba, if not for Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Bank For Payoneer Withdrawal? / Classic 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design + interior For Half Plot Of Land / UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.