Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,394 members, 7,850,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive (11245 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / Banks Begin Collection Of Old Naira Notes Despite CBN’s Denial Of Directive / Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by 43Ronin: 12:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
davibid:

Except there’s something fishy going on, because cbn has said banks have refused to come and collect the new notes

Abeg I tire for this country
BRo CBN dey lie big time. I worked in Bullion services for a tier one bank, na everyday we dey go beg for cash from CBN, every fúcking day.
Think about it, it's not one bank but all of them. I worked in a bank and I can tell you that towards year end, CBN runs out of cash and supplies banks less. BANKS now source funds from their branches in High fund concentration states like Aba, Kano, Onitsha. Any bank not paying out new notes means they do not have to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by LegacyB: 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2023
Joevics:

Why do you think CBN is forcing banks to load to ATMs? Banks are selling the new notes to politicians to save for election, which is why it's scarce. Are you even following this saga? Do you know the Emiefele would have been arrested since and replaced with the deputy who is Yoruba, if not for Buhari?
Say only what you know not just bring out conjectures. And who cares if Emefiele is replaced with Igbo Hausa or Yoruba. The matter here is few money is been sent to the Banks . I speak what I know ok!!! The money given to some Banks in a week is what they load and pay out in 2 hours.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Originalsly: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2023
Why ask citizens to reject the old notes instead of simply sanctioning the banks? If I go to the bank... they give me old notes.... and I reject them... demanding new notes... the teller says take it or leave it and go.... what next for me?... stick up the bank?
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by olaeffect(m): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2023
tuoyoojo:
I drove all the way to gt bank to get new notes from their atm

They were still Dispensing old notes as at yesterday

They said they don't have the new notes from CBN

Cbn said they are begging banks to collect the new notes

One of them is obviously lying

Who we go come believe now

Who has always been lying?
The same CBN that confirmed that banks has moved over N1trn old note to them as at December 8, 2022 was still the same CBN that told the national assembly that they do not know the value of the new notes they have printed.

Tell me, why should a bank refuse to pay customer in new notes if the new notes is all they have?

CBN has the report of daily cash holding of all banks as at close of business daily. And every bank in collaboration with CBN and insurance companies have approved and insured these banks to hold such limits.
So you don't expect a bank branch of a bank to move all its cash in holding to CBN and be waiting for only God knows when that CBN will give them new notes.
The problem with this regime is that most of its appointees knows little or nothing about the basic operations of the sector they oversee.

Imagine the nonsense talk that banks should not load their ATMs if they don't have the new notes.
Do they think banks are like CBN that don't have profit and loss in their balance sheet?
Or has the old note ceased to be legal tender yet?

We really have a long way to go in this "kwantri"
And with the kind of crowd still following some presidential candidates you can clearly see that we are truly not ready for drastic development.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by olaeffect(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2023
43Ronin:

BRo CBN dey lie big time. I worked in Bullion services for a tier one bank, na everyday we dey go beg for cash from CBN, every fúcking day.
Think about it, it's not one bank but all of them. I worked in a bank and I can tell you that towards year end, CBN runs out of cash and supplies banks less. BANKS now source funds from their branches in High fund concentration states like Aba, Kano, Onitsha. Any bank not paying out new notes means they do not have to pay.

I am always in shock when Nigerians believe politicians and their appointees despite several lies in the recent past.

I don't know why any real Nigerian will believe anything that comes out from the mouth of any appointee of this current government.

I am just in disbelief.
Truly Nigerians/Nigeria needs serious deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by tuoyoojo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2023
olaeffect:

Who has always been lying?
The same CBN that confirmed that banks has moved over N1trn old note to them as at December 8, 2022 was still the same CBN that told the national assembly that they do not know the value of the new notes they have printed.

Tell me, why should a bank refuse to pay customer in new notes if the new notes is all they have?

CBN has the report of daily cash holding of all banks as at close of business daily. And every bank in collaboration with CBN and insurance companies have approved and insured these banks to hold such limits.
So you don't expect a bank branch of a bank to move all its cash in holding to CBN and be waiting for only God knows when that CBN will give them new notes.
The problem with this regime is that most of its appointees knows little or nothing about the basic operations of the sector they oversee.

Imagine the nonsense talk that banks should not load their ATMs if they don't have the new notes.
Do they think banks are like CBN that don't have profit and loss in their balance sheet?
Or has the old note ceased to be legal tender yet?

We really have a long way to go in this "kwantri"
And with the kind of crowd still following some presidential candidates you can clearly see that we are truly not ready for drastic development.

The matter weak me My brother.
Let's see how they would navigate 31st jan
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by doctorbabs(m): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2023
I hope this not empty threat from CBN because this morning Friday 20th January 2023 I withdrew Mint note of old N1000 from GTB center at ABULE EGBA
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by ForgetfulJones: 5:51am On Jan 21, 2023
Joevics:
The banks are working with political parties to frustrate distribution of the new naira notes.

Nothing more.
Banks that used to fear CBN, now don't care all of a sudden. While CBN governor is been chased around by DSS.

The same DSS was nowhere when he bought presidential form.
don't believe everything you read in the dailies bro..... CBN has not released enough notes to the banks, and the ATM, being a source of Income to the bank has to work.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Joevics(m): 9:12am On Jan 21, 2023
ForgetfulJones:
don't believe everything you read in the dailies bro..... CBN has not released enough notes to the banks, and the ATM, being a source of Income to the bank has to work.

The same CBN that just fined banks for refusing to pick up the new notes? You don't understand what you are arguing. I'm sure someone like you believe the DSS is chasing Emefiele because he's funding terrorists.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by ForgetfulJones: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2023
Joevics:

The same CBN that just fined banks for refusing to pick up the new notes? You don't understand what you are arguing. I'm sure someone like you believe the DSS is chasing Emefiele because he's funding terrorists.
brother I work in a financial institution and I can tell you CBN is lying, I don't think anyone is more supportive of Emefiele in this than me, I really appreciate his guts but powers above are really trying to sabotage this change.
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by tampadollarsign(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
Regardless these ATM and old money we all need to calm down self let's all take into consideration the number of causality and person who lost their lives in the tear of the world and during the world War okay
Minute of silence pls 🙊🔇
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by Lingudy(m): 1:39am On Jan 31, 2023
Yes it is true, no money in ATMs sef
Re: Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive by onyxo76(m): 5:26am On Jan 31, 2023
Lingudy:

Good day sir, I'm sorry for quoting you on this old thread sir. Pls I need your help, I am a student writing my exams currently, but I am seriously broke and I don't have anything left for me. Pls help me sir with anything and I will really appreciate it, you can contact me to verify me sir. may God stand for you too when you need his help. Thank you sir.
bro, if you know the wahala i dey right now, you go know say your situation na child play.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Classic 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design + interior For Half Plot Of Land / UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo. / The Best Bank For Payoneer Withdrawal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.