Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix (22293 Views)

Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings / Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? / Living In Bondage: Breaking Free Reviews And Ratings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by babajeje123(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:

No be mumu movie abeg.

Anybody watching because of the nudity is just a pervert that needs psychological help.

It was a very good movie, not with as many twists and suspense as KOB did, but still very very good and the acting performances were all great.

Nigerians need to purge themselves of the need to appear moralist, or frown upon nudity in movies. The nudity in this movie was necessary, so was the rape scene. The writing was very good and I say this as a writer myself. It was also more inclusive than in KOB.
Please and please, stop comparing KOB with any movie. KOB exists in its own world abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2023
We should actually discourage nudity from movies. The equaliser, hummingbird etc were all based around ganger, prostitution rings etc, but they were able to put up a good show without showing sex and naked women. It is not easy to act, so I commend the actors and hopefully they tone down on nudism in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by BeanX(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Only mumu will think that was Nancy's body
It's a body double cheesy cheesy
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by toluxe0075: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:

LMAO

Na everywhere for Lagos you don enter? That movie is anything but unrealistic for Lagos. If you know the things that happen in the nooks and crannies of cities, you'll be shocked. Even me sef, once upon a time I did not believe some places exist in Lagos, because I been never enter there.

As long as money is to be made and spent, there is nothing that is unrealistic. You just haven't been in those spaces.
Abi o. Some people do not know that everyone can have different experience in a given location. It all depends on what you are looking for. The area you think is free of some kind of crime and gangsterism is like that to you because you were not looking for it. The moment you look for it, you will be amazed by what you will find.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by anzaku47(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2023
Abeg who get premium Netflix slot or you know anyone that has.
Please.

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by FIDELITY24(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2023
The only good thing about this movie is just the colourful custume and that it's star studded. I was really disappointed, shit ain't captivating at all... I will rate "King of boys, Blood sisters and the Far from home" series more higher than this one... Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Anniemae(f): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2023
3/10
Storyline is whack

2 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by trytillmake(m): 11:03am On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:

LMAO

Na everywhere for Lagos you don enter? That movie is anything but unrealistic for Lagos. If you know the things that happen in the nooks and crannies of cities, you'll be shocked. Even me sef, once upon a time I did not believe some places.

Ok i go with yr statement no be lie some shanty areas for lag especially close to beach, u go wonder if law dey there at all. I went to shoot music video by the beach sometime 2 yrs we decided to pass through a shanty before getting to beach, men if u see zinc houses and hard hard faces , girls, boys for almost 30min we dey trek in between i come begin dey fear cause i carry bag and camera but as Delta guy i no shake.
So back to movie, men i was blown away away, this is the best nollywood series so far i have watched kudos to - far from home but this tried wella.
Chidi Mokeme waoh the guy no be veteran bad boy for nothing, the guy dey act, in fact his lines gat me laughing with delight at the delivery, u see hes is boss but when he saw RMD hes response to him as his boy was epic.
U no wat Jim iyke has to learn bad boy behaviour from Chidi cause his acting was above also hes still in shape waoh, been so long.
In all series was the bomb men, kudos to Mercy Eke wish they gave her a bit longer role she acted spontaneouly thats wat i look at in a character.
All actors were on par, shaffy bello great woman
Ok now to the nudity and vulgar words oh boy no be for children o, but i believe nudity can be toned down,instead of showing it, it can be imagined, so at least parents dont have to drive children from parlour and the thing is these children will still go online and download.
So u see we can do without the nudity, cause i tell u it is the overall dialouge and storyline and action of thr movie make me watch not nude scenes.
Overall great series from nollywood for Netflix and i can only just imagine more baddest series and movies coming out.
Nice one safarigirl yr review was on point.

4 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Angelfrost(m): 11:18am On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:

Thank you for the compliment, I really enjoy writing reviews and positive feedbacks give me a serotonin boost.

I'd rather not make comparisons, but this is one of the best Nollywood productions I've seen in the last few months. You won't be disappointed.

Yes, Nollywood has been releasing a lot recently, probably to welcome us to a New Year, just take your time and watch at your own pace.

I will take your word for it... I simply couldn't get past the second episode of Far From Home!

Let me check out the first episode... First episodes are usually my acid test for most series (local and foreign).
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2023
This movie is lit rate 9/10 suspense top notch just like Korean movies 😘🙏🏽👌🏾 fucking dope am impressed by what i saw now
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by emkz: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
It was excellent until the scene where Jackie who was being hacked to death sent a voice note to Shalewa before she died.

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by duality(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:
Bretheren, Nollywood has started their 2023 on Netflix with a bang.

No, I am not exaggerating. If you haven't seen this movie wake up and go and watch it, you're not bigger than peer pressure. If for nothing else, watch it for Chidi Mokeme, let him show you that class is permanent. Who God has endowed with a gift, never loses it.

Without further ado, let's get into the thick of things with this much anticipated (on my end) 6-episode series, Shanty Town

Title : Shanty Town

Producer: Chinenye Chichi Nworah

Writer(s): Xavier Ighorodje, Donald Tombia, ShirleyAnn Ede, Ayomikun Paseda
Director: Dimeji Ajibola

Cast: Ini Edo, Chidi Mokeme, Nse Ikpe-Etim, Nancy Isime, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Zubby Michael, Peter Okoye, Shaffy Bello, Shola Sobowale, Ali Nuhu, Mercy Eke.

Plot:

An undercover detective on a revenge mission, infiltrates a crime ring, and uncovers damning information on their activities and associates.

Review:

Yes, I know the plot is a bit thin and straight to the point, but that's basically the premise of the story. Now, let's get into it.

As earlier stated, Shanty Town is a crime drama, think of something along the lines of KOB, and you basically have it.

To be honest, I don't know where to start with the review of this movie, because everything was damn near perfect, but let me begin with the writing. I'm very particular with writing, because I find a lot of Nigerian productions have some underwhelming writing behind them, but the writers of this story did a GREAT job. There were quotable quotes, relatable lines, witty words, and perhaps my best part- a healthy exploration of Nigerian indigenous languages; there was Yoruba, Igbo and Ibibio, aside the usual pidgin. Na the Ibibio sweet me pass. It was so well written, there were no plotholes, nothing to make you go, "Na for Naija this one dey happen?", the suspense was suspensing, the drama dramad. Every event was interwoven to bring us to the climax and what a climax it was. It has been a long time since I watched something from Nollywood that didn't make me pause and scrounge my face a bit at how unrealistic it was for the setting (okay, I take this back because of The Wait). The writers crossed their T's and dotted their I's, but the dialogue, particularly for the character of Scar, was my favourite part of this series.

This leads me to my next favourite part- the acting. To be honest, I have this theory that where there is a Star cast, one of two things could happen; the performances will either be really good, or really bad. No in-between. So, when I saw the cast for Shanty Town, I was hopeful it would fall under the former. Thankfully, it did. Everybody brought their A-Game, so, I'll just be mentioning a few performances that made this series worth the watch. Perhaps my biggest concern was Mercy Eke, but she blew me away with her performance in the first 2 episodes. I didn't know she had it in her to be so good. You'd never believe this is her first proper movie. I hope she gets more roles in the industry. Nse and Ini Edo were their usual brilliant selves, and then when they were speaking Ibibio to each other, E sweet me die. The seamless movement through languages was a joy to watch. Shaffy Bello had what some would call a minor role in the movie, but her delivery in the scene she was introduced pleasantly surprised me. I knew she had it in her, but I was no less giddy with excitement at how well she delivered her character. RMD, always the epitome of charisma and carriage, killed his role as DaCosta Fernandez. The inspiration for the character, and to some extent, Scar, was a little too on the nose. At this point, the owner of Lagos should start collecting money from these movie makers for the inspiration. Nancy Isime also pulled off a stellar performance, I'm beginning to enjoy her in crime dramas, from Blood Sisters to this Shanty Town, she's always so good at them. PS, THAT scene was a body double, not Nancy. If you haven't watched it, when you get to THAT scene, you'll know. The body of the double was bodying grin.

Now, I have to take a special paragraph for this man, because walahi, na him get this Series. CHIDI MOKEME IS AN ACTOR!!!!! As in, HE DEY ACT. God will bless whoever cast him in the role of Scar and God bless Chidi for doing that role justice. My multi-lingual king reminded us of why he's called a veteran. If you no feel that performance, check yourself. I love a good villain, give me a villain I can root for, a villain I want to succeed, and Scar was that villain. Kudos to the writers once again, for writing a character that was so exciting to watch, but even more kudos to Chidi Mokeme for bringing their vision to life. Delivery is such an important part of production, it can either make or break a movie, and Chidi delivered Scar in ways I haven't seen a villain delivered since Shola in KOB. MC Oluomo would be proud, every agbero in Lagos would be proud. I don't want to downplay what the new generation Nollywood actors have achieved, but Chidi is their daddy. I could only think of 3 others that could give us a performance so good, and I doubt any of them would have chewed Yoruba and Igbo like Chidi did. I hope this performance does not go unrewarded. It was an award-winning performance, and I really hope he makes it to a second season.

Now, on to other things. Like, the action sequences. There were guns, fist fights, bloody murders and a yellow and black bus that was dispensable. The action scenes were well executed, I loved that they blew shit up, and had a bus in an accident. The goriness associated with hacking a person was well done. There was some NECESSARY nudity (because I know some of you will start asking "was it necessary?" Yes! Yes, it was), some of you don't realise that certain scenes can exist for viewers to learn more of a character. Trigger warning, there's also rape, so, if that's too heavy for you, be mindful. Overall, the action scenes were all well produced.

I liked the Setting. The series is set in Lagos, so, we see the ghetto side of things, as well as the more posh areas. Nothing is extravagant per say though, but every setting was put to good use.

With the music, I must commend the 2-for-1 deal some filmmakers are able to secure by casting a musician and then just using their music as part of the soundtrack. It's a good way to bypass intellectual property rights issues, and the producers applied this by using music from Peter Okoye (P-Square), who was already a cast member.

Technically speaking, the cinematography was great, the editing was good, and the sound was thankfully, good as well. At least I did not have my remote on hand to turn the volume up or down depending on the scene. The costumes were good, I liked that Nse's character had a steady choice of Ankara outfits, showcasing some Nigerian fits. I also liked Shaffy's fits. Whoever was in charge of Special Effects was equally brilliant, the body parts were very believable

The series explores themes of human trafficking, corruption, organised crime, there's a hint of spirituality etc.

As for criticisms, whole the fighting scenes were god, certain parts of it were subpar to be honest. It could have been better. Another teeny tiny one, at the early scenes where the wig of one of the characters partially slipped off, so, we could see her cornrows underneath. It's an insignificant gaffe, but a gaffe nonetheless.

Overall, this series was a work of brilliance. A well-thought out piece and I'm hopeful Season 2 will be in the works. Please please please, watch it if you haven't. And if you have, what are your thoughts on it?

Rating: 9/10

With your paid posts to over hype crappy movies.

After watching the last one you reviewed, I'll do my self good to ignore the movie.

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Orionis: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
This is not a review. It's a movie promotion.

4 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by iamL(f): 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
I lost interest immediately I saw the story line. Aside KOB Nollywood cannot produce any movie of such genere that will be top notch.
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by iamL(f): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
We should actually discourage nudity from movies. The equaliser, hummingbird etc were all based around ganger, prostitution rings etc, but they were able to put up a good show without showing sex and naked women. It is not easy to act, so I commend the actors and hopefully they tone down on nudism in the future.

That was the strategy They used in Anikulakpo that got it it's large viewers.

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
iamL:

That was the strategy They used in Anikulakpo that got it it's large viewers.

Very likely

2 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by chrisooblog: 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hi Safarigirl long time happy new year.

Decent mini-series however like most Nigerian movies and series I've watched on netflix they usually start strong before ending almost tamely. I guess with time they will get better.

Yes Chidi Mokeme was excellent carried the series on his back and shoulders. Did justice to the character could easily have been a cartoonish potrayal of just another random villain but he gave Scar real depth without the character having much of a backstory.

Nse-Etim was good as usual. Ini Edo I don't know she put in the effort but it just didn't click for me. Sola Sobowale was surprisingly below par for me I think the writers could have given her more to work with. Nancy Isime was ok nothing that stretched her acting muscles. Peter Okoye wooden performance but ok for a first timer. RMD was also great. Props to the producers but in future I think they can do better to stick the landing of future movie productions.

Please in future could you drop spoiler alert in the title of your movie review threads in case someone who hasn't watched the film you're reviewing clicks on your thread.

Miss you on the Super Eagles thread wouldn't mind seeing you pop in once in a while smiley

P.s. forgot to add this I found the season where the Shalewa and Inem character discovering jackie's voicenote somehow. After how many days you are just discovering someone sent you a voicenote? plus how did it get sent? wasn't jackie supposed to be getting killed at the time?Plus I found a lot of those martial arts fights at the end unnecessary. Apart from Scar's fight with Chief Fernandez's bodyguard the rest didn't further the plot of the series.

safarigirl:

No, I am not exaggerating. If you haven't seen this movie wake up and go and watch it, you're not bigger than peer pressure. If for nothing else, watch it for Chidi Mokeme, let him show you that class is permanent. Who God has endowed with a gift, never loses it.

Without further ado, let's get into the thick of things with this much anticipated (on my end) 6-episode series, Shanty Town

Cast: Ini Edo, Chidi Mokeme, Nse Ikpe-Etim, Nancy Isime, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Zubby Michael, Peter Okoye, Shaffy Bello, Shola Sobowale, Ali Nuhu, Mercy Eke.

Plot:

An undercover detective on a revenge mission, infiltrates a crime ring, and uncovers damning information on their activities and associates.

Review:

Yes, I know the plot is a bit thin and straight to the point, but that's basically the premise of the story. Now, let's get into it.

As earlier stated, Shanty Town is a crime drama, think of something along the lines of KOB, and you basically have it.

To be honest, I don't know where to start with the review of this movie, because everything was damn near perfect, but let me begin with the writing. I'm very particular with writing, because I find a lot of Nigerian productions have some underwhelming writing behind them, but the writers of this story did a GREAT job. There were quotable quotes, relatable lines, witty words, and perhaps my best part- a healthy exploration of Nigerian indigenous languages; there was Yoruba, Igbo and Ibibio, aside the usual pidgin. Na the Ibibio sweet me pass. It was so well written, there were no plotholes, nothing to make you go, "Na for Naija this one dey happen?", the suspense was suspensing, the drama dramad. Every event was interwoven to bring us to the climax and what a climax it was. It has been a long time since I watched something from Nollywood that didn't make me pause and scrounge my face a bit at how unrealistic it was for the setting (okay, I take this back because of The Wait). The writers crossed their T's and dotted their I's, but the dialogue, particularly for the character of Scar, was my favourite part of this series.

This leads me to my next favourite part- the acting. To be honest, I have this theory that where there is a Star cast, one of two things could happen; the performances will either be really good, or really bad. No in-between. So, when I saw the cast for Shanty Town, I was hopeful it would fall under the former. Thankfully, it did. Everybody brought their A-Game, so, I'll just be mentioning a few performances that made this series worth the watch. Perhaps my biggest concern was Mercy Eke, but she blew me away with her performance in the first 2 episodes. I didn't know she had it in her to be so good. You'd never believe this is her first proper movie. I hope she gets more roles in the industry. Nse and Ini Edo were their usual brilliant selves, and then when they were speaking Ibibio to each other, E sweet me die. The seamless movement through languages was a joy to watch. Shaffy Bello had what some would call a minor role in the movie, but her delivery in the scene she was introduced pleasantly surprised me. I knew she had it in her, but I was no less giddy with excitement at how well she delivered her character. RMD, always the epitome of charisma and carriage, killed his role as DaCosta Fernandez. The inspiration for the character, and to some extent, Scar, was a little too on the nose. At this point, the owner of Lagos should start collecting money from these movie makers for the inspiration. Nancy Isime also pulled off a stellar performance, I'm beginning to enjoy her in crime dramas, from Blood Sisters to this Shanty Town, she's always so good at them. PS, THAT scene was a body double, not Nancy. If you haven't watched it, when you get to THAT scene, you'll know. The body of the double was bodying grin.

Now, I have to take a special paragraph for this man, because walahi, na him get this Series. CHIDI MOKEME IS AN ACTOR!!!!! As in, HE DEY ACT. God will bless whoever cast him in the role of Scar and God bless Chidi for doing that role justice. My multi-lingual king reminded us of why he's called a veteran. If you no feel that performance, check yourself. I love a good villain, give me a villain I can root for, a villain I want to succeed, and Scar was that villain. Kudos to the writers once again, for writing a character that was so exciting to watch, but even more kudos to Chidi Mokeme for bringing their vision to life. Delivery is such an important part of production, it can either make or break a movie, and Chidi delivered Scar in ways I haven't seen a villain delivered since Shola in KOB. MC Oluomo would be proud, every agbero in Lagos would be proud. I don't want to downplay what the new generation Nollywood actors have achieved, but Chidi is their daddy. I could only think of 3 others that could give us a performance so good, and I doubt any of them would have chewed Yoruba and Igbo like Chidi did. I hope this performance does not go unrewarded. It was an award-winning performance, and I really hope he makes it to a second season.

Now, on to other things. Like, the action sequences. There were guns, fist fights, bloody murders and a yellow and black bus that was dispensable. The action scenes were well executed, I loved that they blew shit up, and had a bus in an accident. The goriness associated with hacking a person was well done. There was some NECESSARY nudity (because I know some of you will start asking "was it necessary?" Yes! Yes, it was), some of you don't realise that certain scenes can exist for viewers to learn more of a character. Trigger warning, there's also rape, so, if that's too heavy for you, be mindful. Overall, the action scenes were all well produced.

I liked the Setting. The series is set in Lagos, so, we see the ghetto side of things, as well as the more posh areas. Nothing is extravagant per say though, but every setting was put to good use.

With the music, I must commend the 2-for-1 deal some filmmakers are able to secure by casting a musician and then just using their music as part of the soundtrack. It's a good way to bypass intellectual property rights issues, and the producers applied this by using music from Peter Okoye (P-Square), who was already a cast member.

Technically speaking, the cinematography was great, the editing was good, and the sound was thankfully, good as well. At least I did not have my remote on hand to turn the volume up or down depending on the scene. The costumes were good, I liked that Nse's character had a steady choice of Ankara outfits, showcasing some Nigerian fits. I also liked Shaffy's fits. Whoever was in charge of Special Effects was equally brilliant, the body parts were very believable

The series explores themes of human trafficking, corruption, organised crime, there's a hint of spirituality etc.

As for criticisms, whole the fighting scenes were god, certain parts of it were subpar to be honest. It could have been better. Another teeny tiny one, at the early scenes where the wig of one of the characters partially slipped off, so, we could see her cornrows underneath. It's an insignificant gaffe, but a gaffe nonetheless.

Overall, this series was a work of brilliance. A well-thought out piece and I'm hopeful Season 2 will be in the works. Please please please, watch it if you haven't. And if you have, what are your thoughts on it?

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Superpower(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
somehow:

Young girl, I needed not watch to know what a movie is made of.

The trailer is enough + reviews.

Didn't you know this?
why are you critiquing something you've not watched.Is this not madness?

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Reni1: 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:

Plot:

Review:

I actually align with you review. What was missing for me was that the movie was great until the detectives found their way into it. I feel the two detectives struggled to body their characters. At some point I felt they were overacting and it was not making sense.

Regardless, the movie was great and yes I loved every scene Scar featured
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by zed7: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2023
Why do we always have the need to over flog a movie with stars?

The storyline was just there. Truth be told, I was a bit bored. I kept fast forwarding unnecessary dialogue.

Acting was quite good, our actors usually do a good job.

Ratings 6/10

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Thastie(f): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
safarigirl:

How many Nudity dey the film wey na that one you focus on?

Some of you are so weird. What is in nudity that jars you so much? It was a very good movie, perhaps you were to excited by seeing breasts to acknowledge the brilliant performances of the actors.

Cos it is allien to our culture, that's why!
We can't even enjoy a regular Netflix movie without being exposed to that nudity nonsense.
If you're cool with that then you must have lost it as a well brought girl from a rich African culture.
I'm sure you were given a Christian name, and you go to church once I a while. Supporting sexual immorality on Friday & Christ on Sunday.
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by Abdogood(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2023
9/10

Good movie, great picture and sound quality. Great Actors. Chide did justices to the movie.

But free bubby and kaka full screen.

Vasilince gangs will love this movie. grin grin grin cheesy tongue
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:07am On Jan 22, 2023
At best 3/10. Even Hollywood is dropping nudity
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by franugo(m): 5:45am On Jan 22, 2023
safarigirl:

Plot:

Review:

Chidi mokeme was just something else aswear. I came for nancy but stayed for chidi. My issue be say i no know wetin peter okoye dey do for this film, honestly forwarded some of his scenes. Also how did chief fernandez and scar leave the uncompleted building? They were cops at the entry point and scar was quite wounded and bleeding, was a pretty lovely way of showing how incompetent the security forces are.
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by franugo(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2023
Thastie:

Cos it is allien to our culture, that's why!
We can't even enjoy a regular Netflix movie without being exposed to that nudity nonsense.
If you're cool with that then you must have lost it as a well brought girl from a rich African culture.
I'm sure you were given a Christian name, and you go to church once I a while. Supporting sexual immorality on Friday & Christ on Sunday.

Mtchewww, carry your religious spiel and park it. How did you expect such a movie in such settings to not have nudity? It would have been so unbelievable and bland without it.
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by franugo(m): 5:57am On Jan 22, 2023
safarigirl:

How many Nudity dey the film wey na that one you focus on?

Some of you are so weird. What is in nudity that jars you so much? It was a very good movie, perhaps you were to excited by seeing breasts to acknowledge the brilliant performances of the actors.

Very irritating the way people behave...na them go still rush go xnxx and pornhub to find something to use for soapy, but they'll come online to form piety...ridiculous! Imagine thrashing such a good series due to little scenes of nudity. I'm sure that person watched and enjoyed series like Spartacus
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by sqlPAIN: 7:17am On Jan 22, 2023
somehow:

like BBN put into a movie

Nothing to learn except sex and violence.
You don't watch movies to learn things. That's why it's called entertainment you this idiot. If you want to learn stuff then go to a fûcking school. Stop thinking like my mother and father.
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by ewawumi(f): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2023
westfield:
I don't know if it's the same shanty town that is showing on Netflix that you watched....9/10 are you joking?

How can a dead person send a voice note? Explain

What was that rubbish at the end of the movie?

Script writing 6/10

Whole Movie 5/10

If you paid attention, you'd understand that voice note was more like an accidental recording. Maybe it'd be a good idea if you can watch it again with a clear mind.

I'd rate it 8/10 sha!
Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by kcowen(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2023
Whoever sat in the decision room and said, “we must call Chidi Mokeme for a reading”, “we must use Chidi Mokeme”, is blessed. GOD bless that person.

4 Likes

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by safarigirl(f): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Shantytown is a Series, not a movie. Power had sex and nudity in it and it was also about drugs and gangs.

You should search within, why the nude form bothers you so much.

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by safarigirl(f): 10:49am On Jan 22, 2023
trytillmake:

Ok i go with yr statement no be lie some shanty areas for lag especially close to beach, u go wonder if law dey there at all. I went to shoot music video by the beach sometime 2 yrs we decided to pass through a shanty before getting to beach, men if u see zinc houses and hard hard faces , girls, boys for almost 30min we dey trek in between i come begin dey fear cause i carry bag and camera but as Delta guy i no shake.
So back to movie, men i was blown away away, this is the best nollywood series so far i have watched kudos to - far from home but this tried wella.
Chidi Mokeme waoh the guy no be veteran bad boy for nothing, the guy dey act, in fact his lines gat me laughing with delight at the delivery, u see hes is boss but when he saw RMD hes response to him as his boy was epic.
U no wat Jim iyke has to learn bad boy behaviour from Chidi cause his acting was above also hes still in shape waoh, been so long.
In all series was the bomb men, kudos to Mercy Eke wish they gave her a bit longer role she acted spontaneouly thats wat i look at in a character.
All actors were on par, shaffy bello great woman
Ok now to the nudity and vulgar words oh boy no be for children o, but i believe nudity can be toned down,instead of showing it, it can be imagined, so at least parents dont have to drive children from parlour and the thing is these children will still go online and download.
So u see we can do without the nudity, cause i tell u it is the overall dialouge and storyline and action of thr movie make me watch not nude scenes.
Overall great series from nollywood for Netflix and i can only just imagine more baddest series and movies coming out.
Nice one safarigirl yr review was on point.

They wrote 18+ for a reason, Children should NOT be watching anything that has 18+ on it. I don't understand how people parent these days, when we were younger there were people that were not even allowed to watch any Nollywood movies.

As a parent, why will you see 18+ SNLV, and continue watching such a thing with your children? If it was released in the cinemas, do you know they will not sell ticket to anyone under 18? It is not the work of movie makers to keep movies kid friendly, it is your work as a parent to filter what your kids watch.

Make everybody come dey watch cocomelon because you born?

Not everything is family friendly, the nudity is there because the movie is for adults. Check for Ratings before you call your children for movie night.

1 Like

Re: Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix by safarigirl(f): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2023
emkz:
It was excellent until the scene where Jackie who was being hacked to death sent a voice note to Shalewa before she died.

Voicemail, not Voicenote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? / BBNaija: Why I Feel I’ll Be Evicted Tonight – Queen / Omashola: "I Am Ready To Mingle With Venita, I Will Cry If I Get Evicted"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.