Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? (420 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by NPFLADMIN(m): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2023
Christians who married outside their marriage, Muslims who did the same and atheist too, how did you overcome it's challenges like
1. Convincing your parents?
2. Marriage preparations?
3. The sins in your religion that isn't in hers\his
4. Religon of the children
5. Neighbours and their wahala
and so on
Please drop your opinion
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by Homefingers: 8:56am On Jan 22, 2023
Pray, pray over it
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by duro4chang(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2023
I cannot do it . Anyone who goes into it is not really serious about his or her own religon .
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by wunmi590(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2023
😀
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2023
Religion have done more harm than good especially in Africa.

The annoying thing about all these is most people are either church or mosque goers with evil hearts.

I see no reason why religion should be an issue if we really want love, peace, unity and progress in this country as we have been clamouring for.

Look at the developed countries, Dem no carry religion matter for head. But here, we are the most religious continent in the world yet the most backward continent in term of development, scientific breakthrough and all that.
The tribe that keeps impressing me are the Yorubas. Religion is never a yardstick when getting married. I have few people from my village that are married to Yoruba with both practicing different religion and funny enough they are the most progressive couple from my village. With politics and things going on in the country I don't know whether the are still maintaining the inter religious marriage I have known them for.
I think it's high time we dump things that have been dragging us backwards.

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2023
Gbam
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by TarOrfeeek: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2023
The only negative trend I see, is Muslims being able to marry others faiths and bring them to Islam.

But they themselves being unwilling to move or allow other Muslims convert to other faiths.

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:59am On Jan 23, 2023
No single nairaland person has venture into such a risk... wink wink wink

That's to tell u, don't do it... Ur children need sound doctrine from bot parents
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by LadyRosa(f): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2023
Last thing on earth i will do is convert to Islam.
I will disown any child that marries a Muslim.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by Lamanii22(f): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
My mom would just never agree so I had to end it…

I would love to hear bout people who overcame inter religious marriage though…
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by Lamanii22(f): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2023
LadyRosa:
Last thing on earth i will do is convert to Islam.
I will disown any child that marries a Muslim.
nah that’s too much…. It’s more like you’re talking from a point of hate and it’s not fair…. Respect other people’s religion/faith…
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by LadyRosa(f): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2023
Lamanii22:
nah that’s too much…. It’s more like you’re talking from a point of hate and it’s not fair…. Respect other people’s religion/faith…

I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? by Nazgul: 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
I can't even dream of marrying a Muslim. I can marry someone who's not from my tribe, but religion...no way. I'll terminate the love before it gets out of control.

(1) (Reply)

Teaching Route To Japa- New UK Immigration Visa / A Young Man Asked His Grandfather, "Grandpa, How Did You Live In The Past / Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.