Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (28029 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
While courting, you were better halves. What happens after marriage?

What happens after a week living together? and months, years? What happens to forever?

Does the love remain the same? Does it fade by itself? Are both parties always striving to resurrect it?

Of course, I understand it is not advisable to plunge into marriage!

What is life like in marriage?

What happens during a quarrel?

Does a partner always prove they are right?

Are there complaints? Complaints like one person washing the plates, and the other making it more tedious? Are there arguments about how the WC is to be used?

How and when are responsibilities shared?

What about insecurity?
Does it come on its own? Are there hidden thoughts one's partner may be cheating always?

What are the main responsibilities to keep a woman/man forever young in their hearts? What are the major needs?

What can make a woman still look very good even after childbirth?

Should the husband also do minor chores?

What happens when she becomes pregnant?

What is the major emotional need?

How is trust built?

To wives and husbands, what do you call satisfaction in a husband/wife? What needs does he/she fulfills make you feel satisfied?

What would you ever wish for?

Does the care and love remain the same?

I need experienced persons (married couples probably) to clarify me.

I've been thinking about these questions of late.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by raphroye: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
Married NLders should kindly help us to answer these questions

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
raphroye:
Married NLders should kindly help us to answer these questions

Thanks
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
waiting for our Elders..

19 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by FalseProphet1(m): 1:15am On Apr 07, 2021
Marriage has become terrible because sex is so cheap these days, the day girls learn to close their legs and preserve their chastity is the day marriages will begin to experience the blessings God created it to experience. You can turn yourself into a sperm bank and expect to enjoy your marriage...I see many more marriages crash because of premarital sex. This I have seen.

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by emmabest2000(m): 1:16am On Apr 07, 2021
Marriage is a scam grin

The one who trust most in marriage hurt most cheesy

77 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by ObaOfEsan: 1:16am On Apr 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by ednut1(m): 1:17am On Apr 07, 2021
Will all these questions you should not marry. Disaster written all over you lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by ec0malchemist(m): 1:17am On Apr 07, 2021
Xxv
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by 1Alex: 1:17am On Apr 07, 2021
There is no manual for marriage. Anything that works for you, take it.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by usayab(m): 1:17am On Apr 07, 2021
I have no idea about anything after marriage

But, after wedding ceremonies and honeymoons Marriage changes to college and graduation is a taboo where patience is the theory and practical learnt without being taught.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 07, 2021
Marriage is a beautiful thing. The issue here is that we have many insincere and selfish people that are "ready" for marriage...

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Gvnl(f): 1:28am On Apr 07, 2021
Marriage is sweet when you learn to respect and love your partner with a touch of compromise as situation demands.

You want to enjoy your marriage? You can make that happen.

You prefer to endure in marriage? It's up to you.

Nonetheless, it takes mature minds to have and keep a successful home.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by lexxxino(m): 1:29am On Apr 07, 2021
Marry your friend....... Make e no come sawa

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Odunharry(m): 1:29am On Apr 07, 2021
Marry a friend cos its a long long journey you are undertaking.

While at it be ready for those little differences or issues that will likely come up. Things like sex, finance, family, roles, etc.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by jaxxy(m): 1:30am On Apr 07, 2021
I think u get to see who u really married so God help u. Lol

All those who rush into marriage without knowing their partners or have skills to see/read handwritings on the wall. The red flags become bolder. Everything gets magnified, the good, bad and ugly if any. The Scales fall off.

So if u married sm1 real with u or a friend then u have no problems if not sorry is ur case.

Love and frndship work simultaneously so when or if love drops, frndship is there till loves picks up.

For marriage to succeed there are laws, guidelines and principles.

1. Independent: there must be a level of independence, u must be able to takecare of ur family to a level suitable with u and ur partner while u grow.

2. Love: it’s an important ingredient bt I have come to notice it’s not a must at the beginning because for some love grows over time. Also Love urself 1st.

3. God factor. I cannot overemphasize this. I’m not talking of overly religious people or fanatics here pls bt a relationship with God.

4. Understanding: know urself 1st and u can know ur partner and how to work with them

5. Motivation: marriage is a journey and even a love contract or business contract.. U need to motivate one another not become sloppy. Once u get sloppy and lackadaisical, u get bored and tired. Achieve goals together, work on projects together, help each other be a better version of themselves. Keep fit together and support each other.

6. Be faithful. Keep ur vows and respect them for ur peace of mind. Some don’t see this as necessary especially men bt u create problems in ur home when u keep jumping outside and forming bad habits.

7. Compatibility:

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by banmee(m): 1:31am On Apr 07, 2021
What happens? That's easy. Complacency. The feeling of I don arrive forgetting that getting married is like buying a new car. It needs constant maintenance and upgrades.

15 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by piagetskinner(m): 1:32am On Apr 07, 2021
So many question... chai

Discovering God’s purpose for you in marriage is key o.. many marriages have ended badly.. some are already on their way to doom, because Many chose to marry based on physical features, and size of bank account. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have great expectations. You self what are you bringing to the table? You fit marry your type as you de so?

Finally,Marry your friend o... I know some ladies like to argue and be the ones to follow through an argument. No be everything you go follow am drag.
And if you know marriage is not meant for you, no need Abeg. Do not allow society pressure you into it.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by gabicon: 1:33am On Apr 07, 2021
chatinent:

What happens after a week living together? and months, years? What happens to forever?

Does the love remain the same? Does it fade by itself? Are both parties always striving to resurrect it?

Are there complaints? Complaints like one person washing the plates, and the other making it more tedious? Are there arguments about how the WC is to be used?

What about insecurity?
Does it come on its own? Are there hidden thoughts one's partner may be cheating always?

What are the main responsibilities to keep a woman/man forever young in their hearts? What are the major needs?

How is trust built?

To wives and husbands, what do you call satisfaction in a husband/wife? What needs does he/she fulfills make you feel satisfied?

The fundamental ingredient for a successful marriage is love, however just like a car requires petrol/gas to function, it also requires, brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant etc. So if the only thing you depend on to make a successful marriage is love, you will soon realise that no coolant on engine oil can ground a car. Commitment, patience, understanding, maturity, integrity and respect etc are all required to make marriage work. Marriage is no cheap talk, marriage is hardwork. Personally I believe marriage is a social contract, and as every contract has a scope and underlined stipulations so also should marriage, most of your questions are tied to stipulation that need to be agreed on before marriage and documented.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by MMotimo: 1:34am On Apr 07, 2021
My advice is to marry that person that makes you feel secure and at peace. Not the one that you are constantly looking over your shoulder and hiding things from. Not the relationship that leads to a cat and mouse “us vs them” kind of marriage.

If “love “ is a long shot, just make sure you marry someone that really, really, really, likes you and is into you.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by fait10(m): 1:35am On Apr 07, 2021
una no dey sleep for this forum ni.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by H2ho(m): 1:38am On Apr 07, 2021
Marry a Virgin & have Peace of Mind.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by emmaodet: 1:38am On Apr 07, 2021
philanthropic:
Marriage is a beautiful thing. The issue here is that we have many insincere and selfish people that are "ready" for marriage...

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Joejonah(m): 1:38am On Apr 07, 2021
The first year is usually filled with arguments(even if you dated 10 years before marriage) trying to unlearn, relearn and accepting the fact that both of you have differences. Likes and dislikes. You must merge it, else the marriage will break in the first year.

As children come in, intrest is shifted. The woman care more about her children while the man is more engrossed with providing for the family.

Many more years later they start living like brothers and sisters, sometimes going months without touching each other.

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Fiscus105(m): 1:40am On Apr 07, 2021
Marriage is very sweet and same time stressful.

That's why they say marriage is meant for mature man and lady.

Make sure you marry someone who is ur friend and in whom you loved.

Money is very vital ingredient in marriage, you need it to oil ur marriage machinery. If not, it will breakdown.

Man should be disciplined enough in marriage.(Financial & Flirting)

Wife should endeavor to know that married woman is quite different from single lady. So many things you can't do, wear or say again as married woman who wants successful marriage.

Husband and wife must learn how to reach compromise, if two or either hold tightly to their/his/her views and opinions, the marriage is heading to disaster.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Lexusgs430: 1:40am On Apr 07, 2021
chatinent:

What about insecurity?

How is trust built?

After marriage, you simply become brother and sister....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by thatsleepboy1: 1:45am On Apr 07, 2021
Until I get married, I have nth to say.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by justhairs(m): 1:46am On Apr 07, 2021
kai Marriage is not easy. I am speaking out of my 8 years experience. See the love is usually strong at the beginning especially when the responsibility is not much but with time it becomes harder to fuel love because there are a lot of things begging for your attention. And this includes children, house, financial burden, relatives, and so on. some people are super selfish in marriages they don't want to assist in the marriage but they want to be taken care of. See if you want to maintain the love in your marriage first as a man, You must form the habit of taking things out, help your wife with domestic chores especially when she is pregnant that is, if there is no house help, don't neglect her because she is going through at lot of changes in her body. some of them are very aggressive that period because of the kind of treatment they receive from their uncaring husband and as a wife pay attention you must give your husband attention, make sure to always talk things out with your husband don't assume he is fine. most of the reasons why some men feel unappreciated is because of lack of attention and communication. spice things up and please don't joke with his food nomatter how difficult it is for you. always help your husband understand your situation and ask for help if need be and above all a family that prays together lives together. Marriage is hard when you fail to take care of your responsibility or feel unconcerned and hope that it will take care of itself.

115 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by konkonbilo(m): 1:47am On Apr 07, 2021
angry
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by alingo2013(m): 1:47am On Apr 07, 2021
Good morning ooo
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by GloShare(m): 1:48am On Apr 07, 2021
H2ho:
Marry a Virgin & have Peace of Mind.

Scam

You dont know the length a rogue virgin can go after marriage!

By then, you're beating your chest that you married a virgin... she has all your trust, but she gets the most nudge to test the waters!

Its not about virginity, its about the individual.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Adinije(f): 1:49am On Apr 07, 2021
There's no manual to marriage, however, there are certain things that are necessary.

Openess

During courtship, most people lies about a lot of things which usually break the trust when found out. A distant cousin of mine told her then fiancee that she is a graduate whereas, she dropped out of school. After they became married. Husband was trying hard to help his wife secure a job, when he received the shocker. They are still together but things never remained the same.

Financial Stability

A lot of people undermine the importance of finance in marriage. Most people get married hoping that when the woman enter, they will struggle together. Trust me when I say you will always find yourself in a rocky place. Forget the love is all that matters crap. Love doesn't pay bills.

Sexual Compatibility

This is another topic people don't take serious. But very important. A lot of infidelities in marriages happen due to sexual incompatibility.

51 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Celebrates 50th Wedding Anniversary In Style / Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? / Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.