Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) (46323 Views)

'Doomsday Glacier' In Antarctica Is Holding On 'By Its Fingernails' - Scientists / Doomsday UN report says global warming is ALREADY causing extreme weather(Pix) / Young Man "Excited" As Snake Invades His House At Midnight In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Holiness2100: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR2lUsHIaUE
A TIME OF UNPRECEDENTED DANGER:
Doomsday Clock sits just 90 seconds before midnight due to the war in Ukraine - the closest humankind has been to annihilation in 76 years

The Doomsday Clock — used to represent how close the world is to catastrophe — now stands at just 90 seconds to 'midnight.'  

Experts who run the clock, which is symbolic and not an actual clock, said Russia's war in Ukraine is why humankind is the 'closest it has ever been to annihilation.

The clock had been sitting at 100 seconds from midnight since 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and global warming fears. But the threat of nuclear weapons being used on the battlefield has upgraded the threat level.

Rachel Bronson, CEO of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists who developed the clock, said: 'The possibility that the conflict could spin out of anyone's control remains high.'

Tuesday's announcement also marks the closest the Doomsday Clock has been since its inception in 1947. 

Every January since 1947, the Bulletin has determined how close humankind is to annihilation by pulling the current off the clock.

The Doomsday Clock was founded by US scientists involved in the Manhattan Project, which led to the first nuclear weapons during World War II, and is a symbolic countdown to represent how close humanity is to complete global catastrophe.

Artist Martyl Langsdorf was commissioned to make the clock and told to create an image that would 'frighten men into rationality,' according to Eugene Rabinowitch, the first editor of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

The time is determined by the group of scientists who look at events throughout the year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11671333/amp/Doomsday-clock-moves-90-seconds-midnight-closest-76-years-ago.html

1 Like

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Righteousness2(m): 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
If you have a genuine relationship with JESUS CHRIST, You Have nothing to fear about any Doomsday. JESUS CHRIST is in control will take out HIS own before the Doom hits the Earth.

If you Have no relationship with JESUS Christ, if you are not Genuinely BORN AGAIN, you need to be afraid Because what is coming is UNPRECEDENTED.

There is no more time!!
Wherever you are, Run to JESUS Christ .
BELIEVE and SURRENDER to HIM. LIVE for HIM.
HE ALONE is the ONLY way of Escape..

140 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Zico5(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
I wonder where these people are getting their inspiration from. The Bible even emphasizes it that nobody knows the day, not even the angel. We just love to create unnecessary stress for ourselves. As for me, nothing can move me again. Heaven is falling is not the talk of single person. We are all in it together. Nobody should stress me jare

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by owiko(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
What would an average Nigerian who has been beaten black and blue by the APC catastrophic government have to fear, if the doomsday clock reaches midnight or moves anticlockwise? Mhen, Nigerians have seen it all. Some are going through a lot, some are just coming out of a lot, while some are bent on dragging everyone into a lot by supporting balablu. Please let's vote Peter Obi

200 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by EmmaLege: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
cry
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by SmartPolician: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jobless people! They have been doing this NONSENSE for God knows how long.

The day the doom's day will finally come, they will be the first set of casualties.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by allen113: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Doomsday my foot ☹

12 Likes

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by LMAyedun(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Na their problem be dat.

Na how I go take carry my household enter polling unit next month for Peter Obi I dey strategize now

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Skty: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
In any case let's vote Peter Obi

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by samuel051: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
Okok
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Ferrarilord: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
Really
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Ovo200: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
Guy, why are you like this na?

Jesus said the end will come after the gospel had been preached to all humanity so as to bear witness to them.
Rapture is after the great tribulation bro

Revelation 20:4-5 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

DID YOU SEE WHERE THE FIRST RESURRECTION IS?

Back to what you pose, this thing are just there to manipulate humanity.
The Ukraine was is just game
The WEF that's controlling the world politicians knows what they are doing, they wouldn't even want a nuclear war.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by holuwhagbenga(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
K
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by superCleanworks(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
i wonder why people are in so much hurry to end this world? 😁

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by blakid(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
I actually have nothing to say undecided undecided undecided.
If the world go end make e end abeg; no come add join the things wey dey bother man already..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Doyou2019: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
There is a JW theory predicting that soon the Anglo-American domination of the World would be brought to an end.

4 Likes

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Skty: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
See as all of them be sef
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by purpinkx(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
Nonsense.

What time was it when America was in Middle East? Libya?
What time was it when Israel bomb Palestine some years ago?

Mek everybody rest... the world will come to an end when each of us die.

For now...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by yemzone(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
tf is this?
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by DeAdvokate(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
What type of battery is the doomsday watch using?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
We have APC catastrophe in Nigeria already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Goodgesture(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
The Russian nuclear ship as entered the American waters.The end is so near.

6 Likes

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
The white dey mad. Wetin dey regulate the clock?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by FuckTheMod: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Righteousness2:
If you have a genuine relationship with JESUS CHRIST, You Have nothing to fear about any Doomsday. JESUS CHRIST is in control will take out HIS own before the Doom hits the Earth.

If you Have no relationship with JESUS Christ, if you are not Genuinely BORN AGAIN, you need to be afraid Because what is coming is UNPRECEDENTED.

There is no more time!!
Wherever you are, Run to JESUS Christ .
BELIEVE and SURRENDER to HIM. LIVE for HIM.
HE ALONE is the ONLY way of Escape..
Don't you get tired of all the stupidities you showcase every day?

On top religion wey slavers sold to you o grin
The same Jesus that was rejected by his own people... Do you know better?

I SWEAR, your stupidity is like zee world... EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by jawalis(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Pls I need a source of livelihood. I reside in ilorin, kwara state and I am a graduate of kwara state university. I studied health information Management. I really want to get doing something no matter how little the pay as staying at home all day is exhausting and really telling on me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by U09ce: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Pure farce. Those people that have access to nuclear warheads love this life more than everyone. Whatever set, the world won't end due to nuclear wars

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Urbanchampion: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wahala ti yín nìyẹn...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Funjosh(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) by Gaddafih001(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
If it’s in Africa,the clock will refuse to work.
Mad fifuu.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole / Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) / Ten Of The Tallest Trees In The World (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.