Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? (11227 Views)

Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Brendaniel: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
It is well...
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by sulaak(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:
Is the Course you studied more important than the result you came out with?

For example: Mr A studied Medicine and came out with 3rd class degree.

Mr B studied Botany and came out with first class degree.

Does Mr A still have a higher chance of getting employed than Mr B?

If you want to be good at your job, its the course you study. If you have a 3rd class you can update the degree with a post-graduate qualification

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by MATEX30: 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2023
The other is crucial and essential
But always remember to make demands from God's grace and mercy in your endeavors

because course of study and result an still fail

Conneft with God always---

https://hoursnearby.com/
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by treatise: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

The quality of the person the studies a course is the most important.
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by FKMagazine(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
Non is important as far as this country (Nigeria) is concerned.
What matter most is the skills you've gained & can work on and most importantly, the grace you carry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Voldoz: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
Both are good but an illiterate with experience will most likely leave most first class holders in dust.

Most people don't cares about your grades they focus more on what you could deliver while others cares about grades.

To be sincere it's what's in you that matters and your desire to innovate, improve and learn that's what matters your school results show you are good in your school but can you produce such results in the outside world.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by techWriter3: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
The result
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by phr33man(m): 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

Bizarrely, none of this matter today. Your skill sells you far-farther than all these. Soft skill is the oga patapata of Dem all because it's the future. U still fit take your hard skill flex for now.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Karleb(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
Oh! This is my son he has a first class in Biro and pencil.

Compare that to, meet my son he has a third class in Mechanical engineering.

Course + Luck over anything any day.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Jeffy1206(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
Realist12:
Advantage of studying Law , so long as you make it to Law school no one cares about your grade .
what matters is your experience in practice... A 2.1 lawyer was rejected cos she hasn't been practicing against a pass lawyer who has had 4 years non stop experience in practice... Hence I'll say, it depends mostly on the course and what it's required in that field.
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by eedimo(m): 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

Medicine is a non classified degree

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Princeton92(m): 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
None

I wanna go back to school jawe
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by doneback04: 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
The results I had, because what you become after studying is what that counts

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Dannyfan(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
The course you study matters most for professional duties.. An Engineer definitely can't work as a doctor no matter how smart he can deliver. But in general when it comes to non professional duties.. Your result matter but not as you can deliver and achieve

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by HazardAwka(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2023
eedimo:

Medicine is a non classified degree
noted
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Gmajor(m): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2023
You can graduate from Medicine with 3rd class
HazardAwka:

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Deepthoughts: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
CertifiedUrchin:
None, what matters most is who you know.

Btw, there’s nothing like “3rd class degree” in medicine. Medical school doesn’t use grade. It’s either pass or fail.
pass or fail,no be ojoro be dat,so pesin we score 90% n pesin we score 52% all na just pass Dem be,n the doctors go de cover cover for those "let my people go" n same "manage pass"doctors na Dem de raise shoulder pass.
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by FavouredNK: 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
Your results and what you have upstairs as far as I m concerned
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
C O N N E C T I O N S.

WHO YOUR PAPA SABI DOT.COM.

WHO SENT YOU DOT.COM.

WHEN YOU GET THERE , JUST TELL THEM ALHAJI KWAKWANSO SENT YOU.

END OF STORY.
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by EngrKemp: 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Both but your grades count more for as long as it is not from lowly rated, chuke chuke, cult-infested, glorified secondary schools with 145 to190 cut off mark JAMB admission score combined with two or more O'level sittings combined results with mediocre lazy corrupt lecturers in the business of selling plagiarized 'copy and paste' handouts for marks to equally lazy mediocre students.
Life will be hard for you if you attend those kind of nonsense schools no matter your grade so work hard to attend great schools.

Quit social media and nairaland to study HARD and get into great schools and courses.

Do not let anyone decieve you, nothing beats studying a great lucrative course in a top school like UNILAG and finishing with great grades. You are made for life niyen.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Greatest akokite...
As I was reading from beginning...I just knew it must be unilag u r talking about..
At the end,I wasn't disappointed..

Unilag is indeed and in truth.

All through my studies, I never had to buy any hand out, sort lecturers or any form of runs.

Go to lectures, do ur assignments , study hard and pass ur tests and exams..

Those days at elect elect

Mowete n co demons

God pass Dem

Omo for unilag,regardless of the grade ,on the average, u r good because their requirements make sure u r already a good student

Imagine other universities take 5 credits for engineering while unilag takes even more 5 credits and credits in further mathematics and technical drawing ... That is about 7 credits on a single sitting and not combined olevel results.
Then unilag considers E grades as F. That is, u will repeat the Course u score E.
To pass ,u must score D.

So u can see that when it comes to unilag, the standards are there regardless the grade the person comes out with . A unilag graduate especially elect/elect or engineering is good and can stand his or her ground any where.
Whether the person makes a pass,3rd class,2.2, 2.1 or 1st class..

It's just a class but the person can always deliver and it's that simple ..

#Unilag....

5 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Deepthoughts: 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
Cumtroller:

3rd Class Degree in Medicine? I doubt the mental capacity of the OP.
He was just giving an illustration please,haba!

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Deepthoughts: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
FuckTheMod:
The result should USUALLY be.

WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL...
YOUR RESULT IS LIKE A GIRL WITH A BEAUTIFUL FACE... YOUR RESULT IS THE FIRST THING THAT WOULD GET YOU THE ATTENTION AND OPPORTUNITY, BEFORE YOUR SKILLS WOULD BE TESTED.
Someone who graduated with 3rd class or pass can be very good and smart but some people won't even give you the opportunity to prove yourself because of the poor result.

Personally, my result (graduating with 2.1) gave me more advantage and made things easier.

If I graduated with 2.2 or 3rd class, I don't know how things could have gone...

Note:

I'm not saying people would graduate with 2.2 and 3rd class don't have things easy or get lucky...
seconded.
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Isabi4lov: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Both but most importantly is connection
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by dontrulee: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

Lolz, Medicine doesn't have first class or second class or third class degree. grin cheesy
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Mrbenny001: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2023
There's nothing like 3rd class medicine..

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by stuffs2002: 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
The course is more important
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by stuffs2002: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

You can't have 3rd class in medicine

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by phemmyfour: 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
HazardAwka:

both...the results justify if you study well
Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by jimetagambo: 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
The course.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by ElijahIme1992(m): 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
EngrKemp:

Greatest akokite...
As I was reading from beginning...I just knew it must be unilag u r talking about..
At the end,I wasn't disappointed..

Unilag is indeed and in truth.

All through my studies, I never had to buy any hand out, sort lecturers or any form of runs.

Go to lectures, do ur assignments , study hard and pass ur tests and exams..

Those days at elect elect

Mowete n co demons

God pass Dem

Omo for unilag,regardless of the grade ,on the average, u r good because their requirements make sure u r already a good student

Imagine other universities take 5 credits for engineering while unilag takes even more 5 credits and credits in further mathematics and technical drawing ... That is about 7 credits on a single sitting and not combined olevel results.
Then unilag considers E grades as F. That is, u will repeat the Course u score E.
To pass ,u must score D.

So u can see that when it comes to unilag, the standards are there regardless the grade the person comes out with . A unilag graduate especially elect/elect or engineering is good and can stand his or her ground any where.
Whether the person makes a pass,3rd class,2.2, 2.1 or 1st class..

It's just a class but the person can always deliver and it's that simple ..

#Unilag....
Oga leave hyping, even in my alma mater University of Uyo, pass is from D upwards.. by the way me na computer engineering I study... It is standard for all universities in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? by Najdorf: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Both are irrelevant.

What matters more is WHERE you schooled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Ways To Secure Your Current Job / How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? / Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.