Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. (21752 Views)

Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? / Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam / Should He Leave His New Job For Another Job Interview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Othniel4mi: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2023
Fellow Nigerians. I need help because I don't want to be terminated from my new job.

I resigned after working for the previous company for 3 years for the following reasons:
1. No benefits except HMO
2. Only your salary
3. Performance commission not paid
4. I was doing job of 4 people without appreciation. I have to do it to keep feeding my family.

I got another job after 7months I have resigned properly from the previous company.

The previous company has sued me to court with my new company. My New company doesn't want to let terminate my employment with them because I am the operations manager and I have the business knowledge.

Myself and 1 Lebanese man started the previous company in 2018 in Nigeria before the company became big. I have full knowledge and my new company is now a big treat to them. I believe because of this they sued us to court.

My new company doesn't have enough money to pay lawyer we consulted.

The previous company said I have signed a letter that stated that I cannot work on same field for 3 years. When I checked their claim, they didn't write that I cannot work on same field for 3 years AFTER TERMINATION (Please check the attached document).

I know if I go to court with them i will win this case. How can a company said i shouldn't use my skills to work in another company.

In the previous company they didn't do any training for me, the only in house training was the onboarding training for 2 days and after that no training cost invested on me and no any form of performance benefits paid.

Now I got another job, the previous company is trenthening my new company to terminate my job. Now we need to go to court and they claimed 20M for damages.

Fellow Nigerians what can I do to this Lebanese company that want to deprive me of my right in my own precious Nigeria where I dey hustle to feed family and make it in life.

Please what can I do 😂.

Kindly check the attached document they said I signed, of which it was signed after like 8months of starting with the previous company.

We didn't have HR when we started in 2018, I was the one that recommended the HR through a friend from my Church. The HR is the one persecuting me and acting as a witness in court against me.

I wish I didn't help her to get the job.

Please help.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by picaso313(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2023
I believe there could be acouple of law firm u can approach on this issue and they will help take uo the case then get paid ones excuted to your favour... Mea nwhile how can some you help back stab you, have you called you refered her to you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Mbabula: 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
This is serious

2 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Doubleoh7: 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
Always always scrutinise any document before you sign. If possible, run it through a legal person. One of the documents you shared had a non-competition clause and its provisions are well spelt out. Are they within their rights to sue you for breach, I believe so. It is now left for the courts to determine if such provision is enforceable under the law and does not amount to trampling on your rights as an individual

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by westlius(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
How did ur previous job knw where u working after ur resignation

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by onlinestaff2020: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
Suing someone that left his/her job honorably without any issue is bullshit.
Lebanese companies are wack and dubious in their dealings.
Op, carry shakabula and wipe those bastards.
On the soft side, did you brag to them that you are now working presently in XYZ Company?
Damn them!!!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by lereinter(m): 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
Which kind wahala be this

Carry them to radio station

5 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by gratefulheart(m): 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
arrange the document rightly. I can turn my neck.

Othniel4mi:
Fellow Nigerians. I need help because I don't want to be terminated from my new job.

I resigned after working for the previous company for 3 years for the following reasons:
2. Only your salary
4. I was doing job of 4 people without appreciation. I have to do it to keep feeding my family.

I got another job after 7months I have resigned properly from the previous company.

The previous company has sued me to court with my new company. My New company doesn't want to let terminate my employment with them because I am the operations manager and I have the business knowledge.

Myself and 1 Lebanese man started the previous company in 2018 in Nigeria before the company became big. I have full knowledge and my new company is now a big treat to them. I believe because of this they sued us to court.

The previous company said I have signed a letter that stated that I cannot work on same field for 3 years. When I checked their claim, they didn't write that I cannot work on same field for 3 years AFTER TERMINATION (Please check the attached document).

I know if I go to court with them i will win this case. How can a company said i shouldn't use my skills to work in another company.

In the previous company they didn't do any training for me, the only in house training was the onboarding training for 2 days and after that no training cost invested on me and no any form of performance benefits paid.

Now I got another job, the previous company is trenthening my new company to terminate my job. Now we need to go to court and they claimed 20M for damages.

Fellow Nigerians what can I do to this Lebanese company that want to deprive me of my right in my own precious Nigeria where I dey hustle to feed family and make it in life.

Please what can I do 😂.

Kindly check the attached document they said I signed, of which it was signed after like 8months of starting with the previous company.

We didn't have HR when we started in 2018, I was the one that recommended the HR through a friend from my Church. The HR is the one persecuting me and acting as a witness in court against me.

Please help.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by yemzzy02(m): 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
It should be more than 3 years already now. You joined 28 November, 2018. If you walked 7 months which means you must have left in June, 2019. By June, 2022 it will be 3 years already. So if you are getting a job in 2023, then there is no claim.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by GboyegaD(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
The good side in my opinion is that the non-competition clause did not state after 3 years of leaving the organization. Get a good lawyer.

40 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by SultanOfPuna: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
A little summary
For the Urchins wey no go school.

Op form Aye cult with him padi
After years of urchinizing the streets
Him boys disown am back to the streets
Op join another cult
Him previous cult come dey vex
Dem come declare war on Op

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by iiifedimma(f): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Dbegining: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
B
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by AnyanwuSilas: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Authoreety: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
But they could have sacked you anytime they deemed fit...

See why I hate work at private establishments

6 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by superCleanworks(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
lol
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by seanwilliam(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
picaso313:
I believe there could be acouple of law firm u can approach on this issue and they will help take uo the case then get paid ones excuted to your favour... Mea nwhile how can some you help back stab you, have you called you refered her to you

Walai, u go sabi buy market on credit die.

So u mean make e hire lawyer on credit ? grin grin Kai

7 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by FuckTheMod: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by BabaOfLagos: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
First, report the person you recommended to an elder or high committee your religious organization, table everything down to them and she would be invited...

You would know were to go from there.

If she resists, let me know. I'd assist you with legal aid after an agreement.

For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by superCleanworks(m): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
Othniel4mi:

Please help.

more money for you
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Babatunhey: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
They don't want you to go but they can't serve you rightfully either... wàhálà everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by fykes(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Bro....just get a lawyer to study the letter and write them back...let him ask them to back off you or pay you all outstanding benefits and suppsed claims as spelt out in in the Nigeria labour laws for a person in your grade level....

The things is you gotta be smart or get a really smart lawyer.

Also let them know you will claim further damages if by their conduct, you lose your new job...
That clause in your appointment letter is not enforceable except in security settings where you may become a national security threat.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by jahsharon: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
They are MAD
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by HawkToBar(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Following
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by HisGraceBet: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Sureee
Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Urchinpainer: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Follow them go court. Na them go tire. That case can be there for 5 years! You don't need expensive lawyer to handle cases. Just one that can do a proper research on the said matter .

10 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Counter sue them for 10 billion naira for damages and attempt to invoke a slave contract. Shey make person no work where hin wan work again ni.

40 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by Padipadi(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Bloody swines called Lebanese.
That's how they do.
Op, take up a good lawyer. They may v money but you v a good case that you can win.
Where you wan see N20m?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by oka4ugoo: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Which State is the court/company situate at? I may be of help to you

5 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by ecolime(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Get yourself a lawyer guy.

Counter-sue them with N1Billion claim.

Your new company might want to relieve you of your job. So get ready to be use the said skill to stand on your own but see this case to the end.

4 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by dazzlingd(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Na them send you to school?

4 Likes

Re: Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. by free2ryhme: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Othniel4mi:

2. Only your salary

Please what can I do 😂.

Please help.

Show proof that you resigned legally.

Did you sign any competition law your former coy?

Were you paid pension, did you pay PAYE tax, housing loan deductions?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilever Field Sales Officer Assessment 2016 / I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.