Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) (32786 Views)

Scientists, Alien Hunters Study Mysterious Signal From Nearby Star / Please Help: How Do I Track Signal From My Startimes Dish? / China's 24.9 Billion Pixels Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ever8090: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
Robinmido:
I strongly believe that we are not the only intelligent beings in the galaxy. We are not alone
start looking for your relatives on the other side siršŸ˜

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by dazzlingd(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
TenQ:

Why do many believe that Christianity is anti-science?

Because it is.
Christianity killed so many early scientists because they preach what was called anti religious ideas

Later they began to embrace science

Now they are trying to link science with Christianity.

But how do u explain that Noahā€™s family populated the whole world today of Indians, Chinese, blacks, whites in 5000 years or less without sounding insane. Among Noahā€™s childrenā€™ which one of them was Fulani, or which one was Indian?

Science relies on facts and proves, Christianity tells you not to question but just believe.

Science continues to modify and improve on theories.

Christian Bible has been as old as when it was first created with so many ridiculous claims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Eriokanmi: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
Dem don start again cheesy
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Eriokanmi: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:

We are ready. Especially in Nigeria.
The suffer wey people dey suffer too much. I pity those that doesn't v means
Apc deserves reprimand. They've turned things upside down.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Eriokanmi: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
Pennywise2:
The best signals is the voice of the holy Spirit
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ever8090: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
dazzlingd:
Wow.

The world runs in infinity.
It has no end, no beginning, no walls
No up and no down.

An endless possibilities of billions upon billions of events that could happen and could have happened.
No single creature can contemplate the universe even if given billions of years to explore

It is a beautiful world out there.

What could have happened billions of years ago?
What could be happening in a solar system we don't even know they exist neither do they know we exist
What could be happening in a planet 500,000 light years away
what could be happening in a planet 10 million light years away?

If these questions have never crossed your mind, but rather you are buried in an illusion that the world is 5,000 years old and that the creator of the universe has sent his son to a very microscopic portion of the galaxy, to a tiny earth to die for you tiny humans and chose a tiny microscopic portion of the earth and call them his chosen people. And fight local wars, and decide how you should live your lives and made religion for you to worship him.
Then you must question your sanity or curse your IQ for being so low

When you check the location of the sun to pray, Know that you are only staring into an endless space. So is the creator of the universe supposed to hide in one tiny microscopic portion of solar system?

When you scream to the roof to speak in tongues or shout hallelujah, You are only staring into an endless space.

When you expect your god to return soon after 2000 years, know that the world has been for billions of years and will remain ageless

When you expect to be raptured into the sky, know that you are expecting to travel into an endless space

Man! know yourself and know your world!
sometimes I pity the womb that carried such creature for 9 months and successful drop it to be constituting nuisance up and down .I don't even blame you because that same book you underrate told us that we will come across many fools we will say in there heart that there is no God, I am glad I have come across one of such foolšŸ˜...oga, your ability to deny the existence of God alone is a prove of his existence.

At least, you soo foolish to believe that, your father came into existence with a rood under his leg with a pipe in it to perfectly drop fluids into your mother's well carved pussy's hole into a womb, a hole that fitted your father's dick perfectly, then you were formed from that fluid with perfect body parts positioned strategically, with perfect joints to enable you perform certain functions, like typing the trash you wrote here...if you think all this came by mistake or any other sources apart from an intelligent being, then you must be too foolish to understand, why your teeth is perfectly placed in your mouth to chew food, a pipe to take it into a place where nutrients is extracted and an opening to exist the waste and perfectly sealed back ..ha...all this, is still not enough to tell a clown his source is from an intelligent being?.... taaaaaa..you be mumu I beg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by kay29000(m): 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Already one is preaching.
When aliens appear will righteousness preach to them and make them repent.
Canada and India are researching while Nigerian are hitting likes on a nairaland resident pastor post.

LMAO!
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by foolbuster: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
gaventa:
Africans will believe this without any doubt . These same people will come tomorrow with another narrative and yet we will follow suit . You can see the dumbass called righteousness linking this news with the occurrence in the history book of the Jews and Greeks . Only Africans view the world through the lens of other race . Itā€™s so disheartening.

I feel you brother. Africa is in a deep mess.

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Timekeeper452: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
Righteousness2:
2000 years ago, John the beloved received a 22 chapters-long communication on mostly future events. ( The Book of REVELATION of the HolyBible).
That signal is far more important for humanity to look into and take heed of than any of this ā€œscientificā€ one. Itā€™s a matter of eternal life or eternal death.

Get Ready! Get prepared! The Signals of HIS Coming are Everywhere !
JESUS CHRIST is Coming!
you are witnessing history right here , but na the one wey John do 2000 years ago hungry you. šŸ¤Ø

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Eriokanmi: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Scientists believes God exists, but not in the context that we Christians understand it as.

They believe there are superior extraterrestrial beings with mores sophisticated technologies, which they refer to as Aliens.

They have a doubt that A God that is way to powerful to create the whole Universe as we know it, won't have time concentrating on what microscopic humans do in a microscopic Earth that is in a microscopic Solar system.

The size of the earth to our galaxy is like a single sand in the whole of Nigeria.
And now there are billions of such galaxies littering all corners of the universe.

What we see as Rapture, they see it as alien invasion.
When jesus will come, they will call it an alien invasion.

Rapture is theoretically and Alien Abduction.
This your write up get V-leg oo grin. Which one is alien abduction? shocked grin. LWKMD
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by PotatoSalad(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

It's the way you handpick what to believe and what to discard for me. This same science is what tells you the time, tells you the weather, tells you your heart rate, tells you how to navigate when driving and helps you through your daily life! Science, using these very principles, figured out how to lift a massive 800,000 metric tonne iron and get it to fly you from one continent to another in a couple of hours! You trust it with your life when it dispenses cash from an ATM to the point that you don't even bother counting the money. Even the phone you used to type this crap is a testament to the brilliance and reliability of science.

But when that same science on who's principles man has been able to achieve god-like feats tells you that Dinosaurs roamed this earth 65 million years ago, or that carbon dating can accurately predict objects that are billions of years old, your stupid ass suddenly becomes a smart ass because one fictional story book written by archaic men who thought that the earth was flat tells you that you haven't been here that long.

Religion is truly for small-minded simpletons, this is why Africa is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. A continent overcrowded with stupid people!
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Why you did us like that?
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Steep: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2023
The heavens declare the glory of God, hallelujah, the evidence of God's existence is obviously starring at our faces yet some attribute it to chance.
Only a fool will say there is no God.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by batistutajulio: 6:32pm On Jan 28, 2023
Nothing is more fulfilling in this life than love for science and advanced civilization and technology.

What a beauty. This people are so beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Robinmido(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2023
grin ;Dwerey
Ever8090:
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Robinmido(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2023
grin grin werey
Ever8090:
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Premiumwriter: 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

It's the way you handpick what to believe and what to discard for me. This same science is what tells you the time, tells you the weather, tells you your heart rate, tells you how to navigate when driving and helps you through your daily life! Science, using these very principles, figured out how to lift a massive 800,000 metric tonne iron and get it to fly you from one continent to another in a couple of hours! You trust it with your life when it dispenses cash from an ATM to the point that you don't even bother counting the money. Even the phone you used to type this crap is a testament to the brilliance and reliability of science.

But when that same science on who's principles man has been able to achieve god-like feats tells you that Dinosaurs roamed this earth 65 million years ago, or that carbon dating can accurately predict objects that are billions of years old, your stupid ass suddenly becomes a smart ass because one fictional story book written by archaic men who thought that the earth was flat tells you that you haven't been here that long.

Religion is truly for small-minded simpletons, this is why Africa is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. A continent overcrowded with stupid people!
she took it personally šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

See roasting
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by omonnakoda: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
Litmus:
Any scientific discoveries with India mentioned in the article automatically puts me off reading any further. Blacks should beware of why White people are always trying to push India to the forefront.

India is like their tool, some sort of bulwark against China and hegemony insurance against black people. Problem with whites is that they are unable to exist in the world in terms of equal partnerships and universal harmony moving forward only in terms of hierarchies and world domination.
You sound stupid.
You might actually not be stupid but that is improbable
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by tipsieoladj(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
The person who posted this topic and the people who believe this are all mad and need to be taken for treatment asap. Awon ode believing lies that are obvious since their conception.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by drsugar: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
Both of you are wrong

Omahleigh:

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by AngelicBeing: 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2023
Xubo30:

Werey grin,, come my area I promise to arrange one igbani wey go fuvk craze comot ur Body cheesy
Hian, like seriously, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com cheesy
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2023
SodiumValproate:
Righteousness2 don create content wey him go use masturbate to. cool

like a true fake pastor, create a problem and present yourself as the only solution to the problem.
And to think that there are dummies here who drink this idiot's cool-aid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Rhapsody97: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see the rapture happening in this our generation. Folks get ready.

This I have seen.
Your monicker says it all

Non of your prophesies have come to pass till date

You will be among those that will fight the amaggadon battle

This I have seen cheesy
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by FalseProphet1(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
Rhapsody97:
Your monicker says it all

Non of your prophesies have come to pass till date

You will be among those that will fight the amaggadon battle

This I have seen cheesy
You have not been following my prophecies, many have come to pass and many more are on the verge of coming to pass. Behold, the world shall end in this our generation.

This I have seen.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
If you check Righteousness first post on Nairaland it is from 2017
In that post he warns about the endtimes will soon happen.

From 2017 to 2023 that makes it 7 YEARS of preaching doomsday.
And nothing has happened. grin grin

If you ever feel bad for yourself
Just know that a mentally unstable man has been screaming end time for 7 years.

I'm very sure when my 1 year old son turns 26 years. Righteousness will still be screaming endtimes..

Mental health is no joke
Pray for this mad man called Righteousness

That doesn't mean we're not in the end of times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Jokerman(m): 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2023
YungMillionaire:
YET, stupid Christians will tell you the universe is just 6000 years old.

Show us where Christians said the universe is 6,000 years old

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by cococandy(f): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
Righteousness2:
2000 years ago, John the beloved received a 22 chapters-long communication on mostly future events. ( The Book of REVELATION of the HolyBible).
That signal is far more important for humanity to look into and take heed of than any of this ā€œscientificā€ one. Itā€™s a matter of eternal life or eternal death.

Get Ready! Get prepared! The Signals of HIS Coming are Everywhere !
JESUS CHRIST is Coming!

Where does the galaxy that exists 9 billion years ago fit into your belief?
Iā€™m gonna need you to think this one through.
Is the universe/ firmament 6000+ years old according to the biblical timeline or is it possible that it is billions of years old and everything you regurgitate is man made?
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Omolomo4eva(m): 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
I no understand this news. Interpretation required
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nolevel666: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

Well said brother!
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Joeev: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

you think you're sounding intelligent
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nolevel666: 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
ScamHunter:
One thing I've learned from science is that it merely independently confirms what is written in the Bible without reading it.
Principles such as black hole, planetary alignment and 'speech' the waters above the firmament and below the deep and even "in the beginning" I read somewhere that a mathematician was accused of not believing in God. In response, he said that he doesn't really imply that there is no God, but that, if there is God, that he works with the principles of mathematics. As foolish as the thought process, it is merely a finite being trying to define infinity within the context of his finite mind. Should be the other way around. So read the Bible and get to know the infinite God behind your finite mind.

Shutup your smelly mouth

Your bible already disqualified itself by saying the world is 6000 years old

If there were to be a ā€Godā€ Iā€™m sure he/she wouldnā€™t be foolish enough to identify with the Christian god or all other man made gods that have time to meddle with the affairs of mere mortals and claim to have created hell to roast them alive.

Such a fool he will be for all his immense power!!
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nolevel666: 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2023
Joeev:
you think you're sounding intelligent

Where has your own intelligence gotten you to?

your God is a disgrace for all the power he has!!
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ivanspring(f): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:
What it means is that the signal was released 8 Billion years Ago, so it took the signal 8 billion years to reach the Earth.

And the speed at which the signal was travelling is the speed of light, with such speed, you can go round the Earth 7 and half times in 1 second.
So with such mind boggling speed, it still took 9 billion years to reach earth.

What a distance!

Sometimes I wonder if we really actually exists, regarding how extremely microscopic we are in the grand scheme of things.

You would do very well as a teacher. Thank you for the more simplified version of this report.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Huge Snake I Killed In Our Village Farm This Afternoon. (pics) / Moment China's Changā€™e 4 lander Landed On The Far Side Of The Moon / Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.