Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,729 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man (19316 Views)

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Forgive Me Sister Even In Your Grave, My Ignorance Made Me To Keep Mute Over It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by dikysmith: 4:47am On Jan 29, 2023
An Osun State indigene, Rahman Hammed, tells OPEYEMI ADEFEMI how his mother ‘disappeared’ with his siblings about 13 years ago following the death of his aged father

Tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Rahman Hammed. I am from Osogbo. I am into building construction. I am married and have a child.

In a recent social media post, you said your mum and siblings disappeared some years ago, leaving you behind after the death of your dad. What exactly happened?

The story started in 2009 when I lost my dad. I am from a polygamous family. As I was told, my dad had a small house before he married my mum. After they got married, he built a bigger house that we all call our family house now. When my dad died on June 15, 2009, my mum went to the family house to do her rites as a wife. The first son of the family insisted that my mum wouldn’t be allowed to enter the house. People around defended my mum and asked if the firstborn was doing all of that because his mother, who was the first wife, had died. That night it was a lot of trouble. They begged him before he eventually let my mum in.

Then my mum started her mourning period — the 90 days of staying at home without going anywhere. I was in SS1 and the whole thing happened during our holidays. My mum gave me her phone to play with so that I would not be brooding over my dad’s death. She then gave me money to go to her sister’s place in Ikeji Arakeji to spend my holidays. Around July 8 or 10, I got a call from my maternal grandmother, telling me that my mum and my two siblings, Morenikeji and Ismail, were missing. I was really confused because after the 40th day prayer for my dad was done at the family house, my mum went back to her mum’s house at Okinni to continue the mourning period. Grandma told me that she (grandma) went to the market, leaving my mum and siblings at home. She said while she was at the market, my younger sister came to meet her, saying my mum told her to collect N1,500 from her (grandma). Grandma said she gave my little sister the money and she went back home. However, when grandma got back home from the market, she didn’t see my mum and my siblings, Morenikeji and Ismail. She waited for them to return but they never did.

All efforts to locate them proved abortive and it was since that day that we have been searching for them. My mum was 39 years old at the time of the incident.

What is your mum’s name?

Her name is Modinat Tijani from Akinode Compound in Okinni, Osun State. My two siblings are Idayat and Ismail. Their surnames could be Lamidi or Hammed, depending on which name they decided to use. Lamidi is our grandfather’s name while Hammed is my dad’s name. My grandma is popularly known as Iya Eleja at Okinni while my mom’s younger brother is popularly known as Owonikoko.

What efforts were made to search for your mum and siblings then?

My mum is her parents’ first child and she has four sisters. They have spent a fortune on trying to find her. Everything possible has been done. We consulted alfas, pastors and even went on TV stations many times. We even went to traditionalists. We were told by our spiritual fathers that she is still alive. I made the social media post out of frustration. I even thought of making a movie with the story. I met Lateef Adedimeji but I couldn’t afford the bill. I know that the whole event is spiritual.

In 2015, someone who didn’t know we were looking for my mum came to Osogbo and said he saw my mum at a party. He wanted to take her phone number but she said she was very busy. Before he could look for her again, she had left. If he had known we were searching for her, he would have done everything to get her contact or to even know where she lives. That gave us some relief and encouragement that she is still alive.

What happened to your dad; how did he die?

My dad was sick; he was 75 years old when he passed away.

Did you get any inheritance from your dad’s properties?

No, I didn’t get any. What happened made me distance myself from the family.

Does your dad’s family know that your mum is missing?

To the best of my knowledge, they don’t knows she is missing. I have never given them the impression that I am looking for my mum. Whenever they get in touch and ask about her, I just tell them that she doing alright. Who will I tell? The person I should have told is the one allegedly behind it.

https://supers.ng/mum-ran-away-13-years-ago-abandoned-me-sister-osun-man/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Waterlilly: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Hmmmmm......women

1 Like

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Oloki: 10:01am On Jan 29, 2023
I pray she is found in one piece. With the advance of social Media, someone might known someone that will lead to her bring found.

An adage says a child dead is better than a child lost.

13 Likes

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by sorextee(m): 10:47am On Jan 29, 2023
The best is to thank God she's alive somewhere. I know one day all of una go jam.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Mrmakaveli200: 1:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
I just hope your step brother doesn't have a hand in their disappearance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by marlow1962(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Woman
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Skty: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Story not clear ....did she run? Abandon her family or was kidnapped?it is well..all the same, women go through alot raising children and all that

2 Likes

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by beautyhd: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Maybe, they turned her away from her family.

Spiritual way of removing her senses.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
The story is very touchy. I hope the first son is not behind it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Zeezenho: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
No wonder most urchins are bitter.them no get mama them no get Papa. embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Zeezenho:
No wonder most urchins are bitter.them no get mama them no get Papa. embarassed
How is the guy an urchin? We OBIDIENTS reject some of you.

20 Likes

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by ChatterHouse: 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2023
His paternal family might have a hand in it
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Johnn44: 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
beautyhd:
Maybe, they turned her away from her family.

Spiritual way of removing her senses.
Omo this one strong
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by deeway200(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
From the story, the headline should be "Mum missing " and not " mum ran away"
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by BlueDuck: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
deeway200:
From the story, the headline should be "Mum missing " and not " mum ran away"

The headline is quite correct.

She ran away to another man, her side-piece obviously. 39 versus 75..she must have been dating the dude before the husband died. Left this older son with her people because he was old enough to survive by himself (with a little bit of help from them)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by ManspaceBarber(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
This story na wa o.
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Mophor: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Issokay!!!
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by eyinjuege: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
I hope she's not been murdered sha

1 Like

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Fiscus105(m): 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
I think they said it's only man that normally abandoned child or refused to take care of children.
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Brendaniel: 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
BlueDuck:

The headline is quite correct.

She ran away to another man, her side-piece obviously. 39 versus 75..she must have been dating the dude before the husband died. Left this older son with her people because he was old enough to survive by himself (with a little bit of help from them)

She may have ran away to another man, but I still believe it is more spiritual than just ordinarily running away, the first son never wanted her in the house, secondly, would she run away for over 13 years without even trying to locate her own son.

i just pray they find each other safe and sound

4 Likes

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Nostring: 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jibsy203:

Truth 70% of yarubas dont have father,they’re bastards impregnated at under bridge grin grin
imagine! From someone frm a known useless tribe grin very laughable cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by treatise: 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jibsy203:

Truth 70% of yarubas dont have father,they’re bastards impregnated at under bridge grin grin
Can you prove that?
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by jojothaiv(m): 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
Unfit mother!

An example of deadbeat parent.
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Ireportlive: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
That's not a "mum" more like a mere surrogate
Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Trapnews: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jibsy203:

It's just a matter of time before you reveal your real hatred for the Yorubas. Well, i don't blame you sha, na the bastard Yorubas shouting obidients upandan i blame.

5 Likes

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by coralz: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
But he said someone saw his mum at a party in 2015. She most like is okay.I guess she absconded with another man.

1 Like

Re: Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man by Praktikals(m): 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thomas Ereyitomi Pays Bride Price On Corpse Of Caroline Okorodudu His Dead Wife / Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / Please, Have You Seen This Kid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.